All hotels in Daytona Beach, Florida, United States of America

Uncomfortable
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
    Bad internet service
Overall, our stay was pleasant( it was just one night). The room had a great location. We had the joy of witnessing a sun rise from our location. For our one night stay the room was really good but, if one would stay longer one would notice that the appliances were old and rusty. Two little cockarouches have crossed my way(one on the bed and one in the sink). The breakfast offered by the hotel's restaurant was quite satisfactory and fresh, the server's clothing not so much. If we would go back again? Well, we got an excellent price for the room and just for one night, definitely we would go back. For longer I do not think so.
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
"Refund Given"
We were fortunate that the staff at La Playa were kind enough to give us a refund. This hotel is extremely dated but they are currently undergoing much needed renovation. I think with 6-9 months of extensive work, La Playa will be a great family resort.
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
"What a disappointment!"
Pillow were flat bathroom was out dated tub didn't hold water. My room had cockroaches it grossed me out.id stayed in better jail cells. Hotel needs to upgrade or shut down. I'm handicapped and they made me park on 2nd level with no handicapped parking. The staff didn't. Speak English well and told me if I parked on lower level I would have my car towed! At my expense!
2 night trip Oct 23, 2015
"Would stay again."
It was descent for the price.
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
Cynthia
"Close to the beach is the only good thing."
Well we first reserved an "ocean view" room that you could not even see the ocean from. It looked only at buildings and the street. The room smelled old and stale and not clean smelling at all. So we were able to move to an ocean front room that we were wanting in the first place. It was the same unclean feeling and smell. As soon as we turned the lights on a few roaches scattered from it. The longer we stayed the more roaches we saw crawling on the counters and walls and when they came to the bed that was it for me. We got out quick. They tried to charge us for that night that we didnt even stay but luckily we reserved through expedia so they refunded the money. Still just an awful experience and will not be going back.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
Josh
"Great Fall Getaway"
It was perfect. Staff was very friendly and helpful spot on. Nice place to go to during the week when most people are working and kids are in school.
4 night trip Oct 19, 2015
Andrea
"Old, But Still Good"
This was my first vacation to any sort of "spot" and it was not a bad experience. I don't really have anything to compare to, but was pleased with the experience. Well, except that it was on the 8th floor and, having a fear of heights, stepping on to the balcony to see a terrific view had me terrified. I did like the towels shaped into a pair of swans on one of the beds to be a nice, pleasant touch. Made me feel like I was in a fancy place. I also liked the kitchen amenities; the fridge, stove, sink, pots and pans, plates and saucers and flatware. That was kinda cool. Overall, I enjoyed myself, until the motorcyclists showed up for Biketoberfest - the roaring crescendo was borderline painful to the ears. How those bikers retain their hearing is beyond me.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Cam
"Biketober in Daytona"
The price was right. The ocean view from our 9th floor balcony was perfect. Maid service was good also.Bed was OK.
3 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
Anthony
"Hidden charges,"
Was told I could keep a trailer there that was untrue hidden charges for resort fees not told about
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Anthony
Right location for bike weekend. Needs some tlc. Paint peeling doors messed up carpet was clean but old.
2 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2015
Roberta
"Awesome for the money, Great view of the beach"
We stayed her for biketoberfest and had a great time.
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
Roger
"will be coming back soon."
it was very nice and relaxing nice staff and the view was awesome
5 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
judy
"We knew what we were getting into."
We are frequent visitors to the Daytona area and have stayed in many of the hotels on the beach. We booked this hotel despite the bad reviews because we were looking for something cheap this time. We had the sheets changed immediately because of the musty smell but overall the room was clean. The view was wonderful and very relaxing in our oceanview room. What was disappointing was that the only 2 electrical outlets in the room were so old that nothing would stay plugged in. The plug would simply fall out of the outlets. Our cell phones and lap tops could not be charged. The main elevator and ice machine was out of order. We were told by a staff member that the hotel was being sold. It was obvious the owner cares nothing about maintenance and is interested only in selling rooms.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
Patsy & James
"Best rates in town!"
I have been here twice in the past month because they have literally got the best rates in town and a nice property! And each time I have been offered a free upgrade due to their availability. The tiki bar is open all weekend, but only for a limited time, the pool is nice, especially the kiddie pool for my 1yr old son. Both of my rooms had kitchenettes and each trip we have come into towel swans on the bed. I really do like this place, a mini resort style hotel.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
Shannon
"La Playa first timer"
There is no hot water or water pressure in the shower. The staff however is great and very attentive
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
Overall pretty good for the money! The televisions could definitely be upgraded. Still had the old tube style t.v. with a pretty poor picture. Oh and make sure you know the difference between Oceanview and oceanfront. Lol oops
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Austin
only 2 ice machines work in 7 floor hotel....rooms need more work done to them but parking was a plus and location was great with shopping center across the road
1 night family trip Sep 24, 2015
"Fair"
I ask for an ocean front view and got a side view of the ocean and when I went to the ocean there were rooms on the front of the ocean vacant but I did not complain about it
2 night trip Sep 18, 2015
carolyn
"Loud and dingy"
Very loud guests next door to us and hotel staff did nothing about it. I feared for my car in the parking lot because other guests (and I mean several) didn't know how to park so my car had to be squeezed into spaces. This was NOT a good experience. Do not stay here. Pay the extra 20 a night for a decent hotel with decent people surrounding you.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
"all good"
All good.
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
simon
"Nice stay for the money"
The stay was great we had a great view of the city and the ocean. The staff is amazing when we first checked in they gave us the wrong room but did correct this. Me and my husband was there for a romantic get a way and enjoyed every minute of it I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay again.
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Chianti
"Very Unhappy with their lack of everything."
We couldn't sleep due to the noise outside of our room. Around midnight, someone knocked on our door very loud, but when we went to see who did it, there was no body. We spent all night long very uncomfortable due to all the noise from people in the pool, screaming, the loud music, door slammed back and forth. We will Not go back to that hotel and will not recommend it to any of our friends and family either. There was no ice on our floor for all the duration of of stay. They need to clean better the rooms, the towels gave us the impression that we were using sand paper instead of towels. It was like a nightmare!And too expensive for the kind of service. By the way, the operators (reception) takes for ever to answer the call from the room and "room service" is not provided at all.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Annabelle
Ok
2 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
Carl
Nice and quit stay
7 night business trip Aug 22, 2015
Drink
"Old and needs LOTS of work."
Check in was OK. The lady was friendly enough. The elevator floor had the tile removed and not replaced. Room was clean. Paint was peeling off the wall in our room. Balcony had a great view of the ocean but was icky. Bed pillows were little flat things. Bed linens was old, thin and ill fitting. Towels were small and scratchy. The comedy club staff was fun and welcoming. The headliner was great. Wait staff in the bar was very attentive. Breakfast was overpriced so we went else where. If I go back to the comedy club, I will probably stay else where.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
CR
"Generally good for the price overall."
Water on elevator floors is a hazard. Should have elevator mats so no one slips.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Shirley
"Nice hotel for the price"
The bad The fridge door jam gasket had mildew, but the fridge was clean. The microwave didn't even fit into the space it was placed in. But it was very clean. The stove overhead fan had marks in it, as if from when someone cooked or something. The toilet had trouble flushing. The GOOD There was no bed bugs, the beds were comfy, the balcony has a great view, air conditioner worked great, the overall cleanliness was very good. I'm just a perfectionist so I notice the little things. The staff were polite and efficient
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Noise ,Firecrackers & lack of parent supervision."
It was our 13th Anniversary of marriage vacation. It was an Ocean front view,very nice time. Our last night,I wanted to go home early......it was sooooo loud with children in the hotel being so loud & also we were near the top of the garage that we heard fireworks going off @ 11pm...not much of parent supervision,also slamming doors,just plain loud;my wife had to ask me to finish our stay,since it was already paid for,so,we did.
4 night romance trip Aug 12, 2015
Lazaro
"What a cesspool"
Filthy eat place I have ever stayed at my life. Old, dank, dated, moldy, mildewy, filthy. My feet were black from the carpet. The bedding ancient, mattresses smelled and rock hard. The pool was covered in green algae and black mold. Hair all in pool and clogging drains. Urine soaked elevators and stairwells. Drunks everywhere. No cut off at pool bar. Nasty filthy local trash everywhere . $15 min on pool food? Told them I'd eat out. 10 people and more to a room. Slamming doors all night. Charged a resort fee? For what! We didn't even have pool/beach towels. Food was awful. Restaurant nasty. Staff nasty. I wouldn't even allow their staff to clean my room. What a crapfest. To sum it up in one word-FILTHY. I RATE THIS HOLE A ZERO. THEY SHOULD PACK IT UP AND MOVE IT ACROSS THE STREET.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"This hotel has huge possibility"
The room was very big but their were bugs in the room. The pool section stunk like liquor and sweat , which is too bad because the hotel has great possibilitie .
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"fun with my family in Dayton."
I had a nice trip. Store ,restaurant and the beach was all in one place.
4 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Keith
"The Bells"
We enjoyed are stay and staff was very friendly.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
shawanda
"A decent place to stay"
Not the most luxurious place in the world, but the staff was friendly and management was did their best yo accomodate. Great location near shopping centers. Very convenient... Had a great time and got good bat service. I enjoyed my stay and would definetly return. Caveat Emptor- ocean view and ocean front are not the same thing...
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
Carlito
"will definitely stay again"
Great family environment friendly staff
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Betty
"801"
There was bugs all over by the door. The room itself was OK though.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Keundre
Staff very friendly. Rooms clean but a little run down. Towels to small and very scratchy. Elevators so slow. Most of the ice machines not working. Pool was nice but no supervision. No rules followed. Kids running, divorce ng, jumping, no parents watching them. People drinking beer in the pool and smoking in the pool. Pool had mold all around the inside walls. If you get the room cheap it's ok. The rooms are clean but that's about it.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
We spent the weekend here. The bed sheets had holes the towels were stained and you could hear everything through the walls and it's very out dated! Hotel could use a make over.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
The location of hotel was great but the hotel is very old looking and not what i expected
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
The staff was very friendly and respectful!
2 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
shannon
"Nice view but too many bugs"
Great view from room .Entrance door was hard to close also sliding door to balcony was Difficult to open needed to be repaired. A/c unit was very loud,woke up bathroom roaches were running around awoke next day roaches crawling on stove reported to front desk when exiting hotel .
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
"Hotel Needs Updating and Repairs"
The hotel is right on the beach. The pool area is nice and there is plenty of parking. The rooms need to be updated and repairs need to be done. The door hinges are severely worn. I had to put my shoulder into the door to force the door open. The door would not close all the way. I had to shove the door close. The room was nice. The stove looked 30 years old. Decided not to cook on it. The balcony did not have walls separating it from the other balconies. You could see everyone on your floor. No privacy. The door closer on the door leading to the balcony made the door slam shut. I actually caught my arm in the door as it was closing. Hurt like hell!!!. For the price, I shouldn't have expected more. If they upgraded this hotel, they could charge a lot more for the rooms. I will pay more for a better hotel in the future rather than staying here.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Very dirty and old,need an upgrade."
The towels were hard and dingy. The overall look needs up grade,Atleast a flat screen t.v. Should be in that so call Resort.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Emma
"Won't be returning until they remodel/update"
The hotel is very dated. But for the price....you get what you pay for! The mattresses are yellow they are so old. They are very uncomfortable and need replacing. Also, all linens need replacing. The sheets and pillow cases had turned a dingy yellow color as well and the king sheet did not fit the king mattress. The bath towels were not only very small, they also felt really rough. I can't forget to mention our shower! We had absolutely zero water pressure! The worst shower experience I've had by far. On the plus side there is a covered parking deck and a comedy club on the 10th floor that serves drinks which we really enjoyed. We never ate breakfast at the hotel...it was just as coven inept to go across the street to Denny's or Ihop. Even if you don't book a stay at this hotel the comedy club is worth it. We were able to rent beach lounge chairs and an umbrella from Daytona Beach Rentals which was wonderful. So much easier than lugging your own onto the beach. Overall, this hotel needs major updating. I definitely will not stay again, but Daytona is wonderful!
3 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Kimberly
"Glad we went. But ..."
The hotel is quite run down but the people are very nice and we had a very large suite. It was odd and didn't have enough furniture, but it was enjoyable.
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
There was nothing we asked for that we did not receive without a smile and courtesy. The hotel is older and could use some updating but overall, we had a wonderful time and would stay there again.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Emma
"Easy access to the beach"
Not a bad place to stay for the price, only problem was that the air in the room did not work properly and reported it twice with NO results.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"It was an ok hotel."
I love that the hotel was on the beach. But the hotel it self was ok. For over $100 a night it's definitely an older hotel that needs a some updates. It's not what the pictures show. It seemed to be more of a party hotel. I just expected more how what I paid. I've stayed at other hotel for less and where much nicer.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Our family had reserved a suite almost 7 months in advance. We were suppose to be in our rooms by 4... we didn't get our room until almost 6. It could've been alot cleaner. They had 2 OLD TV'S which didn't work properly. Had to call 2 or 3 times on them. Finally late one night they just exchanged one of them out... yet for another OLD one. We barely had hot water. We had to take room temperature showers.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"So, so..."
We love near Daytona and have been to the beach many times...overall the hotel was OK but nothing special. Some of the cheaper options were just as nice.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
"Great Stay!"
Everything was awesome! The only complaint we had was the air conditioner in the part where the beds are was not coming very well even after they changed it out. Service was great, tiki bar wasn't too overly priced, view was awesome! We will be back in August!
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015