All hotels in Daytona Beach, Florida, United States of America
2500 N Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach, FL, 32118, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Ordinary pool
    Food is not good
    Bad amenities
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
    Bad breakfast
    Bad internet service
"This hotel has huge possibility"
The room was very big but their were bugs in the room. The pool section stunk like liquor and sweat , which is too bad because the hotel has great possibilitie .
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"fun with my family in Dayton."
I had a nice trip. Store ,restaurant and the beach was all in one place.
4 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Keith
"The Bells"
We enjoyed are stay and staff was very friendly.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
shawanda
"A decent place to stay"
Not the most luxurious place in the world, but the staff was friendly and management was did their best yo accomodate. Great location near shopping centers. Very convenient... Had a great time and got good bat service. I enjoyed my stay and would definetly return. Caveat Emptor- ocean view and ocean front are not the same thing...
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
Carlito
"will definitely stay again"
Great family environment friendly staff
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Betty
"801"
There was bugs all over by the door. The room itself was OK though.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Keundre
Staff very friendly. Rooms clean but a little run down. Towels to small and very scratchy. Elevators so slow. Most of the ice machines not working. Pool was nice but no supervision. No rules followed. Kids running, divorce ng, jumping, no parents watching them. People drinking beer in the pool and smoking in the pool. Pool had mold all around the inside walls. If you get the room cheap it's ok. The rooms are clean but that's about it.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
We spent the weekend here. The bed sheets had holes the towels were stained and you could hear everything through the walls and it's very out dated! Hotel could use a make over.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
The location of hotel was great but the hotel is very old looking and not what i expected
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
The staff was very friendly and respectful!
2 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
shannon
"Nice view but too many bugs"
Great view from room .Entrance door was hard to close also sliding door to balcony was Difficult to open needed to be repaired. A/c unit was very loud,woke up bathroom roaches were running around awoke next day roaches crawling on stove reported to front desk when exiting hotel .
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
"Hotel Needs Updating and Repairs"
The hotel is right on the beach. The pool area is nice and there is plenty of parking. The rooms need to be updated and repairs need to be done. The door hinges are severely worn. I had to put my shoulder into the door to force the door open. The door would not close all the way. I had to shove the door close. The room was nice. The stove looked 30 years old. Decided not to cook on it. The balcony did not have walls separating it from the other balconies. You could see everyone on your floor. No privacy. The door closer on the door leading to the balcony made the door slam shut. I actually caught my arm in the door as it was closing. Hurt like hell!!!. For the price, I shouldn't have expected more. If they upgraded this hotel, they could charge a lot more for the rooms. I will pay more for a better hotel in the future rather than staying here.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Very dirty and old,need an upgrade."
The towels were hard and dingy. The overall look needs up grade,Atleast a flat screen t.v. Should be in that so call Resort.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Emma
"Won't be returning until they remodel/update"
The hotel is very dated. But for the price....you get what you pay for! The mattresses are yellow they are so old. They are very uncomfortable and need replacing. Also, all linens need replacing. The sheets and pillow cases had turned a dingy yellow color as well and the king sheet did not fit the king mattress. The bath towels were not only very small, they also felt really rough. I can't forget to mention our shower! We had absolutely zero water pressure! The worst shower experience I've had by far. On the plus side there is a covered parking deck and a comedy club on the 10th floor that serves drinks which we really enjoyed. We never ate breakfast at the hotel...it was just as coven inept to go across the street to Denny's or Ihop. Even if you don't book a stay at this hotel the comedy club is worth it. We were able to rent beach lounge chairs and an umbrella from Daytona Beach Rentals which was wonderful. So much easier than lugging your own onto the beach. Overall, this hotel needs major updating. I definitely will not stay again, but Daytona is wonderful!
3 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Kimberly
"Glad we went. But ..."
The hotel is quite run down but the people are very nice and we had a very large suite. It was odd and didn't have enough furniture, but it was enjoyable.
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
There was nothing we asked for that we did not receive without a smile and courtesy. The hotel is older and could use some updating but overall, we had a wonderful time and would stay there again.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Emma
"Easy access to the beach"
Not a bad place to stay for the price, only problem was that the air in the room did not work properly and reported it twice with NO results.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"It was an ok hotel."
I love that the hotel was on the beach. But the hotel it self was ok. For over $100 a night it's definitely an older hotel that needs a some updates. It's not what the pictures show. It seemed to be more of a party hotel. I just expected more how what I paid. I've stayed at other hotel for less and where much nicer.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Our family had reserved a suite almost 7 months in advance. We were suppose to be in our rooms by 4... we didn't get our room until almost 6. It could've been alot cleaner. They had 2 OLD TV'S which didn't work properly. Had to call 2 or 3 times on them. Finally late one night they just exchanged one of them out... yet for another OLD one. We barely had hot water. We had to take room temperature showers.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"So, so..."
We love near Daytona and have been to the beach many times...overall the hotel was OK but nothing special. Some of the cheaper options were just as nice.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
"Great Stay!"
Everything was awesome! The only complaint we had was the air conditioner in the part where the beds are was not coming very well even after they changed it out. Service was great, tiki bar wasn't too overly priced, view was awesome! We will be back in August!
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015
Cyndee
"never again"
No guest only policy here!! Locals allowed to use facilities. Pool had MASSIVE crowd, people coming up from beach to use pool. Brang their coolers, moved towels off deck chairs and took our seats, shaking beer cans at people in pool, used the pool as an ashtray. A guy was panhandling around pool. Locals bragging how they do it all the time. Complained to hotel manager who was in complete denial. Never stay there or recommend the place again.
3 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
cynthia
Hotel was pretty bad ...customer service was A1
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"Everything nightmare"
Only 1 ice machine working out of 3 .hot tubs broke .kids pool closed off .no coffee in Room cable went out and didn't have cable for 2 days I personally would never stay there again I think expedia should give a refund
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
mary
"Love the Place!"
The Front Desk was very helpful, love my waiter for breakfast and the bartenders are great; location and convenience is every thing; restaurant right across the street, grocery store etc - its the only place I stay in Daytona -have been coming for years! K. Lewis
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Loved it"
Its not the Ritz, but is a great affordable resort. Room was clean. Staff was exceptional. Beach was amazing. Close to restaurants. Completely enjoyed. Will stay again
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"Awful hotel. Dirty and old"
This hotel is dirty. Roaches in the kitchen and I mean a lot of roaches. Everything in the room was dirty and was a very low class hotel.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
sam
"Be prepared to share the pool with all the locals."
All the locals load their families up and come use the pool and chairs for free everyday. If it wasn't for that it would be a nice relaxing quiet day at the pool. The rooms are clean but are very old. Couldn't get the sliding glass door to the balcony closed so I had to have them come fix it. All they did was close it and lock it so when I used it again I had the same problem.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Juli
"2015 Vacation"
Enjoyed it very much. We even ask to have our room changed and was accommodated with no problem.The pool has a 10 ft deep end which we loved. Security was making rounds and everyone was very friendly.
7 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Gail
"Our Stay"
We stayed one night. Have stayed here several times before. This stay was good. Didn't have kitchen stocked to well. Pots had no handles to hold.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
It was a very enjoyable time
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Mariana
Pool was open to locals. Everything is old and outdated. Towels were super small and old. Balconies were so small you could barely sit on it because of the heat coming from the AC unit. There is nothing about this place that would be considered a "Resort". Pictures are very deceiving. On the last day there we saw 2 cockroaches in our room!!
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
jerri
"Glad it wasn't a vacation"
Doors wouldn't close, and had to be slammed shut. A/C ran the entire time. Refrigerator doors opened against the wall forcing you to move the table and chairs just so you could get to it. Microwave was the cheapest I have ever seen. Drop ceiling in the bathroom had rusting rails. I have seen better shower heads in rural cabins.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Over all Good"
We enjoyed our stay although a few things not pleased with. Door to deck unable to open. A smell in living room and only one remote in room with 2 TV'S
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
k
"Stay very far away"
We have stayed at the La Playa 3 yrs now. It's never been exceptional but this year by far was the worst! They tried to check us into a non suite and divide my family into two separate rooms after we prepaid for a suite months in advance! The room was filthy! Only one elevator worked. Some one had urinated in our air conditoner and our neighbors so when we used it all we could smell was urine. There were peope fornicating in one of the hit tubs in the middle of the day almost every day. One hot tub hasn't worked 3 years in a row and the "working" one smells so bad that you have to immediately shower the slime off the one time you attempt to use it. It only takes one time! There was vomit every day in the one working elevator. Our internet did not work EvER and any time we called the front desk for linens, issues, etc. they said they would send someone up and never did!
4 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
Curt
"Ugh!"
Room smelled like pet urine, could smell smoking from nearby rooms, towels were very small & as rough as sandpaper. But worst of all, we found small plastic bag of white powder substance in bedside drawer ....
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Toni
"Carpets were wet,the room was hot, a/c not working"
Would not recommend this hotel, it's dirty, even the outside looks awful and not enough parking space, more rooms than parking available.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
"Think twice"
the staff was fantasticthe room you couldn't get in the door if its been paintedthe room you couldn't get in the door and painted paint peeling off the bathroom door hole in the bathroom just coming out of the hole no water pressure said hard as a rock kitchen it might have to spoon I have 3 cup who knows
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"La Playa Plaaayyaaa"
Hotel Conditions: its an old hotel, not run down but could use a little renovations. Hotel Service and Staff very friendly, we received information for what was happening around the city and hotel. Bedroom was comfortable and clean fantastic view of the ocean; we did not utilize the kitchen it was dirty, needs a lot of TLC.TOO FAR from the Pier and Boardwalk area. Located across from Publix, Walgreens, Chinese Rest. and Subway. But not a good location to be where everyone is partying. We had a great time just relaxing and enjoy the free upgrade to an ocean view.
2 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
KENDRA
"EXCELLENT"
very relaxing and enjoyable...cant wait to go back
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Kisa
"Nice little trip"
Decent hotel, great indoor parking to keep your car out of the hot sun and the Joke factory club is right on the property so you can drink and NOT drive. Plus you have tons of stores and restaurants right across the street. We had an oceanfront room on the 8th floor and the view was great.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Arthur
"Motel quality Hotel."
Not gonna go here again but was not completely bad just not what I'm willing to spend my money on
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
Kristopher
It was very nice and comfortable, would stay there again.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"It was not worth the money I paid"
The fold out bed had a lot of stains on it.it was roaches in the room and the door handle/lock was messed up. The location and room view was nice but the room wasn't worth the money spent
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
vernon
"Daytona"
It was awesome
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
"NOT AGAIN ANYTIME SOON"
The stay was for overnight. the view was great, however, the balcony was pretty run down and needed repair. The access to the pool and beach was fine but the pool condition was poor. it needed painting or resurfacing, the general upkeep of the pool and spa area was poor. The kitchen needed to have a face lift to make more modern. I don't know if I would stay there again but diffidently wouldn't recommend it to anyone at this time.If you remodel, please let me know.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
leo
"Lapaya is in a good location..."
Over all it was ok Just a few things Phone didn't work.. No pans to cook with.. not enough carts to carry your luggage.. Lady at the desk tried to get cooking products but nothing.. Im thinking the ninth floor is the reject floor.. was here a month ago on the second floor was great..
Other trip May 26, 2015
Rich
Condition of Hotel is terrible. Everything broken or malfunctions.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Vacation"
It was very nice & relaxing. Had a lot of room & an awesome view of the ocean.
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Parish
"Well sitated but old fashioned"
The hotel is old but has a perfect situation facing the sea. There is a swimming pool and transats where you can rest. The hotel would need a refurbishment. My room was next to the ice dispenser and it was very noisy.
1 night trip May 13, 2015