All hotels in Athabasca, Alberta, Canada
4820 B Wood Heights Rd, Athabasca, AB, T9S1V4, Canada, ‏‎855-238-1592

"Nice Place"
Nice place. They are doing some re-modeling, but that didn't affect my stay. The room was clean and is located just outside of town, but close enough if you need to have access to the downtown area. Breakfast was good with eggs, bacon, sausage and hash browns, better than a cold bear claw and yogurt. They don't have an official business center and they charged me a per paper fee to print some documents, which I thought was a little strange but it was a nominal fee. The best place to have a meal is out at the golf course which is just on the other side of the river and about a 10 minute drive.
1 night business trip May 27, 2015

Can't beat it for the price - clean room, comfortable beds
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Edward
"Super 8 Stay"
We just did an overnight while visiting family in the area. Room was comfortable and quiet. Complimentary beverages in the lobby were a nice touch.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"One night in Athabasca"
Not fancy but clean and comfortable. Treadmill was in good shape though workout room was hot
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Wonderful night!!!"
Very comfortable room with wonderful mattresses for a great night's sleep!!! Also enjoyed the free breakfast...the food was very tasty.
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
"Trip to Athabasca, Alberta"
The stay was a great experience. We were attending our son's 50 birthday on Baptiste Lake and this was a great hotel for us to stay in.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Enjoyable stay"
Staff were wonderful and the room was comfortable and clean. The only issue we had was that the bottom sheet on the bed should be fitted, sheet kept untucking from the head of bed
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Deb
"Good hotel for an overnight stay"
Hotel is perfectly adequate. We typically stay there to break up the long drives after work if we are travelling from Fort McMurray to Edmonton. Everything is clean and the breakfast is ok. For an overnight, everything fits the bill.
Joel
"Very Nice Hotel"
The hotel is a bit out of town but it is very comfortable, with all the amenities one could want. The complimentary breakfast was very good, not your typical continental one but one with waffles, omelette, bacon and sausages with lots of fruit and even yogurt.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Darwin
"Hotel okay"
The price should be the same either through Expedia or at the hotel.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Weekend stay"
Staff was pleasant, not overly explanatory when they told me I needed to pay $150/night extra as a deposit - that would be refunded at the end of my stay - despite having prepaid the room with a credit card. They also deactivated our keys each day - which was a hassled to have rekeyed every time.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Tamara
Driving from Dawson Creek to Athabasca, the weather turned to snow. I tried to cancel the reservation before 4 P.M.and was told no. Hotel is nice, arrived to breakfast at 9:04 A.M. and the attendant came running out from back waving hands and indicated breakfast was closed. Hotel is nice, management is not.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Doug
"Super 8 out of 8"
The staff were all very accomodating. The room was very clean and updated. The bed was comfortable and warm. The bathroom was also very clean and updated. The in-room amenities (microwave, fridge, coffee-maker, lap-top, 48" t.v.) were all very convenient. The continental breakfast that was included in the price of the room was excellent, which included omelettes, waffles, sausages, bacon, potatoes, cereal, toast, bagels, pastries, juice, and coffee. I highly recommend staying at this hotel when visiting Athabasca.
1 night trip Feb 13, 2014
Valerie Gill
the hotel was very good for a work trip and there was even room for me to plug in my pickup without unhooking my trailer. The room was very clean.
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
Great breakfast
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"wonderful"
It was very neat and friendly.....breakfast was great ......
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2013
"Comfortable room"
Overall the room was good. Having the complementary laptop was nice. The bed was surprisingly more comfortable than I anticipated. The complementary breakfast was great and offered much more than most. I would definetely stay here again.
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
"Close to relatives"
Breakfast room was pleasant and the varity of the food was excellent. Loved the laptop in the room since I had forgotten mine.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Good location and quiet"
The location was good and the night was pretty quiet. I had some problems with the owners accents. This caused us to be late for breakfast but they let us eat what was left.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Super 8 Motel -Athabasca, Alberta"
Pleasant, quiet stay in a very new and well equipped motel. Very clean rooms equipped with new television sets, computer laptops, irons, ironing boards, hair dryers, refrigerator, microwave oven and coffee machine.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013
loefarl
"Better than expected"
Good, solid choice with comfortable bed
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
Adam
"Dissativied customer"
asked room service to come back at 12:00 was told not able to return therefore had not been given clean towels, garbage was full, beds remained unattended. Front desk more worried about check out times than to provide good customer service. They appear to take advantage of being one of the few choices in town
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
art
Clean, comfortable , good location , great breakfast .
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Hotel was very well kept and staff was very good at there jobs. Rooms were very clean.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2013
Garth
"COMFORTABLE"
Lap tops in rooms, comfy beds, clean, extras, fantastic breakfast!!! So impressed, wish my whole vacation had been in this hotel!!
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2013
Colynn
"Book it wel worth it!!!!"
I was impressed with the quality of service and the breakfast wow all you can eat, there is no hot tub and the gym is small but very friendly staff I would definitely go back The pillows were fantastic soft and fluffy the beds so confortable the showers great water pressure oh and laptop and big screen tv in each room couldn't have asked for more
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
"Satisfied"
We stayed for a local Wedding Anniversary. Rooms were ready early for us which was a treat. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful and more than sufficient. Quite a numbers of the festivity guests also stayed and I believe all enjoyed their stay.
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
Valley
"may try different hotel next time"
I had booked more that one room for our stay. We got married in Athabasca and a lot of our quest stayed there. we stayed in the king suite. the kids had to sleep on the hide a bed that was terrible!!! I layed down on it for 15mins and my back was sore. pillows also suck. the staff seemed very confused when i tried to make sure that one of our guest's got to keep their room for two night stay. if i just needed some where to sleep it was ok.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2012
cat

"Bon hôtel"
Le déjeuner du lendemain matin était correct et tout était très propre. J'y retournerais certainement si je repassais là-bas.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2013
2 night trip Aug 1, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Super 8 Athabasca

"Very pleasing experience."
06/24/15 BOB N TUMBLER RIDGE
I was very pleased with this hotel. The desk clerk was charming. The room was clean and very new-looking, with clean modern bathroom fixtures. The only complaint was the low-definition TV, with just basic channels and no program guide. The 24/7 free coffee and juice in the lobby was a nice touch. The computer in the room was a nice addition.
"A nice, comfortable stay"
06/16/15 D3954DGbarbarab Red Deer, Canada
Our room was very clean & bed was super comfy!! Staff was very pleasant and courteous. We were happy that they had pet friendly rooms. We didn't have breakfast but it sure smelled good!! Tv channels were not very clear and that's about the only minor complaint we had besides parking lot was not designed well with not enough spots close by.
"The price was $39 more than quoted when I made my..."
06/14/15 480laurelm Edmonton, Canada
The price was $39 more than quoted when I made my reservation. When I questioned this at check in the staff brushed off my query. I paid because I didn't want to sleep in my car, but will shop around next time.
"Unexpected excellent stay"
05/30/15 Glenn H Edmonton, Canada
From the outside this hotel does not look great. However from the time you enter the front door you are well looked after and my stay was excellent
"Needs New Management. Badly."
05/27/15 James W Edmonton, Canada
There were a number of issues right from the time of my check-in. My room wasn't properly prepared, the internet wasn't working, and some cable channels were out. The front desk staff had trouble finding my reservation as apparently the hotel policy is to put the name of the person making the reservation - not the guest! - on the room. Our company booked rooms for four of us, so there were four rooms checked in with the same goes name - the name of our receptionist who made the reservation. Really inefficient and frustrating. Asked to speak with the manager at one point and heard the manager in his office say, "No, I don't want to see anyone. He can come back tomorrow." Went down the next morning to speak with him again and saw him verbally abusing one of his housekeepers. VERY unprofessional and disappointing. The rest of the staff were as helpful as they could be, but they appeared equally frustrated by the manning running their hotel.
"Worst hotel experience I've ever had"
05/27/15 Jn503039 Athabasca, Canada
When I arrived at my room, I was greeted with pubic hair in the shower. The TV remote was sticky and looked like it had never been cleaned. Some time later, I went to use the washroom, lifted the lid on the toilet and it was covered in urine. The floor in front of the toilet as well. I went to the front desk and the fellow said little but did come to clean it. Sure, he wiped the toilet seat off, then proceeded to wipe the entire toilet down with the same rag. Thanks. Left and went to find somewhere else to pee and buy some Lysol wipes. Changing hotels is/was not an option due to the evacuation in the north. Next morning, was woken up by a drill (?) at 6:30 am because half of the hotel is under construction. That night, after a 14 hr work day, wanted to come back and sleep. The walls in this hotel are so thin so you can hear pretty much everything your neighbours do or say. The TV was on so loud next door I could hear it perfectly as if my own was on. At 11 pm I want to the front desk to ask them to have the person turn it down. The front desk person was gracious and tried but the guest ignored his call and knocking. Went back down to the front desk, spoke with the person, who encouraged me to speak with the manager. I said I sue would like to. The manager refused to come out and speak with me. I'm not a scary or imposing figure. I was not angry, just desperate for rest. The front desk person apologized profusely, and said the manager tends not to listen to complaints. Only one more night in this place...what fresh hell awaits me tomorrow? Please, do not give this place your business. And thank you front desk person...you know who you are.
"excellent"
05/11/15 Hilda V Wetaskiwin, Canada
Wonderful quiet and clean rooms, great selection in the menu for the breakfast, friendly staff.
"Outstanding four night stay"
04/24/15 William J New York City, New York
Had low expectations as most Super 8 Motels in USA are one or at best two stars. Was very pleasantly surprised with this Hotel ... stayed here four nights and it was terrific from check-in to check-out. Hotel is very clean and well maintained. Front desk staff was personable, friendly, and efficient. Price paid was in line with two other Hotels in town. Was upgraded without asking to a huge one bedroom King Jacuzzi Suite. Room spotlessly clean, bed very comfortable. WiFi free and worked great, nice and fast. AC units in living room and bedroom worked perfectly. Got a good nights' sleep every night. Great job being done by management and staff in all possible ways. Highly recommended for solo, couples, family or business travelers !
"Brought thirty two students to this hotel"
04/22/15 Terri M Fort McMurray
We were a large party of High school students..and Drama students tend to be energetic and loud.The staff were wonderful-accommodating to our needs and those of our students. Students enjoyed making waffles in the morning, accessing a range of breakfast dishes and drinks.The adjoining- A & W restaurant was also very convenient. As an individual I travel a lot.This hotel was one of the cleanest and most pristine I have been in...right down to the details of the way the maids displayed pillows or folded the towels. Would recommend this hotel...when it is not bombarded with the occasional school group like our own....it would be a quiet place to stay-location good.The place was currently under expansion of a wing but this didn't interfere with our stay. A two minute drive down the hill to the town..or a brisk 15-20 minute walk.
"Enjoyed my stay"
04/22/15 Cathy B Edmonton, Alberta
We stay here twice a year, experiencing consistent friendly service, comfortable beds and good breakfast. Looking forward to our next stay.