All hotels in Rome, Italy
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereVia di Torrerossa, 94, Rome, RM, 00165, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

3 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
CH
Other trip Aug 6, 2012
Other trip Aug 3, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for The Church Village

"Quiet place in a big city"
06/30/15 Halvat Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Nothing very special, but comparing to other hotels prices this one is good bargain.Buy metrobus ticket and in 15 min go to very center of Rome.Breakfast is good, free parking! Very good wifi and beautiful park to sit after day of sightseeing :) at the moment some parts of hotel are under reconstruction, so it will be probably even better...
"Badly needs renovation"
06/23/15 BetsyHK Hong Kong
The staff at the hotel are very pleasant and it's a good setting for groups, but the rooms are in poor condition. We travelled with a group and several of us had to change rooms due to problems with air conditioners, smelly bathrooms, electric plugs not working, etc. The elevator was also out of service in one building. The gardens are lovely and there is easy access to the bus line. I hope they do repairs so that it can once again be a good option for those visiting Rome.
"Wouldn't stay again. 3* is a joke. Motel kind. Great breakfast + terrible service + questionable rooms = Poor"
06/22/15 JohnH81 Ostrava, Czech Republic
Only positive thing I found on our stay in the church village is the breakfast. It was well served and prepared with plenty selection of food in main building area which was nice as well. We were like 20 persons arriving in late afternoon/early evening, staying for 3 nights. Got keys to our rooms at reception, were divided to 2 different buildings. The carpets in hallways were quite dirty - dust, leaves, some stains, room was quite OK at 1st sight. On every next sights it was visible that the room would need lot of updates of cleanness and state. But our room was fine comparing to the fact that some people got keys to rooms in St. Pancras (or like that) when the ground floor smelled quite bad and the rooms were still being cleaned (specific kind of way) and not ready at all! At 18:00. What kind of organization does that?! After complains at the desk, people from St. Pancras were moved to another building - 2nd floor, no lift. Well rooms were better, but in one room were bathroom in the state last guest left it and sheets weren't changed as well. In other rooms were hair on the floor, so vacuum cleaners weren't probably used at all (not at all in our room during our stay). In at least 1 room there was some fungus on the walls, some it seemed it didn't grow yet. In the morning my wife got awaken by a sound she knew from her studies in Sevilla, but hoped it was not the thing. But we had a visitor - big cockroach. I killed in a bathroom (photos attached) and asked the reception to let someone clean the bathroom and disinfect it. Well in the evening when we arrived from Rome just cockroach disappeared, but the stain on floor and his head stayed with us until we left the hotel (room 609, I wonder if somebody else found the stain + head in bathroom). I asked reception once more for proper cleanup of bathroom, but as there were some dry fractions of leaves on the floor in the room in the same spot for 3 days, I lost the hope. I'd compare this facility to some US highway motel in the middle of nowhere, only with a much better breakfasts. 3* rating is a great scam, 2* top would be real.
"The Church Village - ups and downs"
06/19/15 Ken G Geelong, Australia
This is really a convention centre and this might explain some of the reviews that have already been written. We booked into The Church Village after completing a cruise to Rome earlier this year. It does initially seem quite cavernous with a long uphill drive to reception. We stayed 4 days in one of the apartment buildings on site. It was a bit basic but there was free wi fi and our rooms were made up daily. We had a good response from reception regarding advice and they were very understanding about the three bikes we had with us that needed unpacking - so I can't fault them there. Lovely place to eat - just a short walk away and also another restaurant recommended by the hotel where the restaurant sends a car (free of charge) to pick you up and brings you back. Breakfast was great. Served in a large area on the ground floor of the main block: huge choice and well presented smorgasbord. The gardens are also wonderful: scattered with various ancient columns. Great area for drinks and lunch. A small kiosk on the ground floor does excellent small meals for lunch and dinner/supper. Well priced. Negatives? It is quite some way outside Rome itself but it is very close to the Vatican. Easy bus rides into the city that are cheap and safe. The bus stops just outside the hotel… a few meters to the right of the entry drive.
"Would not recommend this hotel EVER!!!!!!!!!"
06/18/15 jediknight2015 Plymouth, United Kingdom
we stayed in the hotel, as it was a surprise birthday present for my girlfriend, as she always wanted to go to Rome. When we arrived at the reception desk, the two receptionists were so unfriendly and helpful, it felt lie we were interrupting their discussion/day. Eventually we were given a key to our room, as soon as we were handed the key, the alarm bells started to ring. The transit from reception to our accommodation was hampered by groundwork and building works, all we could see was a tiny piece of barrier tape stopping us from falling down the open trench. We could not gain access to the room as the lock was inoperative. I went back to the reception area, where we were given another key to a different room, the room number was 666, arrrgh. Upon entering the room, we done the standard bedsheet check, clean, no stray remnants of another occupants pubic hair, phew. But going into the bathroom, that was a different story all together, mould on the ceiling, around the toilet bowl, in the shower, on the walls in the main sleeping area, utterly disgusting. We quickly returned to reception to ask if there was another room we could have, they gave us another key, low and behold, it was exactly in the same state as the previous room. Another trip to reception to see if there were any other rooms, or even an upgrade, the reply was nope, no other rooms available. You can see how this review is going so far. It only gets worse, the mould on the Capet was shocking, paint peeling off the wall. It rememinded me off a stay in an old naval accommodation block( being ex Royal Navy, I've had to endure some shocking accommodation blocks in my time) but this took the preverbial biscuit. I'd even go as far as telling the rats they can find better accommodation in the city. My partner and I, got the bus into the city centre, where we had a bite to eat and surf the Internet for alternate accommodation, thank god for wifi. We did mange to find a superb Best Western hotel, where the staff were so helpful and friendly. They arranged free transport to the original hotel and back, as we needed to pick up our luggage and depart the hell hole, we told the reception staff that we were checking out, we received no apology, the staffs response was a shrug if the shoulders and they went outside for a cigarette, shocking customer service. In a nutshell, avoid this place like the plaque, this staff are rude, accommodation is sub standard, facilities in the hotel are poor, transport links are sporadic at the least and expensive for a taxi ride into the city centre.
"Serious security breach: unwanted occupants in my room"
06/15/15 KayAar99 Paris, France
I was put up in this hotel for two nights, from 10 to 12 June 2015, by my hosts, the German Historical Institute in Rome, since this is the most convenient lodging in the neighborhood. However, for a start it took more than 20 minutes to check in, as the receptionist couldn't find the room key. Needing to rest after my flight and also to prepare for the next day's conference, I did not take up the issue of a noisy and totally ineffective air conditioner and grubby bathroom. However, when I returned to sleep on the second evening, I was stunned to find that my room was occupied on opening the door. The young people had apparently not noticed that my papers were spread over the table, my toiletries were in the bathroom and my suitcase on the rack! They didn't notice my entry either, as they were already in (my) bed. On rushing to the reception desk, I was informed that "errors" did at times happen. They offered to give me another room, which of course, I could not refuse as I didn't have much choice at midnight. The hotel staff just shrugged their shoulders and didn't seem to think that this incident was a serious breach of security, for me, but also for the new occupants of the room, not to speak of the hygiene question, as they were sleeping in a used bed and had used my previous day's towel after their evening shower. As one can imagine, I cleared out of the hotel first thing next morning, after having spent a very disturbed night, furious at what had happened, and uneasy at the slightest sound in the corridor. I would certainly not recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a minimum of security. Besides, it is only or this reason that I have written this review.
"Good value for money"
04/06/15 acb4030 Shropshire, United Kingdom
Good if a little basic hotel - you get what you pay for! Great breakfast and lovely surroundings, the restaurant was closed for our stay - opens later in the year. We found all the staff helpful and almost all spoke English too! A bit of a long way to central Rome so we used the infamous Rome taxis quite a lot, but they were very good and not too expensive. The rooms were clean and tidy if a little basic. We had a fantastic 4 days in Rome and would highly recommend it, maybe we will stay in central Rome next time!
"Would Not Recommend"
03/29/15 sean g Preston, United Kingdom
Stayed here for two nights as part of a short city break. The receptionist at check in was not very friendly and this could also be said for the other ones that I encountered throughout my visit. My room was okay. I got exactly what I paid for - do not expect luxury. It was fine for me as simply a base to sleep at. Breakfast was okay - large selection of generally mediocre food - rubbery scrambled eggs in vast quantities. Wi-Fi coverage was good and I got it in my room and all over the site it was quite fast as well but not fast enough to download on. Hotel is a little too far away from the city centre for my liking so would not recommend for this sole reason. Taxis to and from the hotel were pricey and I wasn't given much help from the reception on how else to get into the centre. In a sentence - you get what you pay for - (and I hope you don't pay too much for this).
"Great breakfast "
03/25/15 XI M
We choose this hotel in a part of groupon deal. Even though the location is not great, it is not far from the tube station that takes you to central Rome in 15 minutes. The room was clean -made up every day and soap and shampoo replaced- and the bed was comfortable. At check-in the receptionist was attentive and smiley. Not so friendly gentleman at the desk at check-out. Good value for the money.
"Do Not Recommend"
03/15/15 ChocolateWaffle London, United Kingdom
Stayed here in March 2015 for 4 nights with my partner. It was his 30th Birthday and I had arranged with the hotel by email 8 weeks before our arrival to put a bottle of sparkling wine in the hotel room as a surprise. Upon arrival, we were given directions to our hotel room, where there was no surprise bottle of alcohol. The only surprise for us was a room with an incredibly mouldy ceiling. We went back to reception where we received no apology and were eventually moved to another room. In our new room, the air conditioning did not work, we asked reception if someone could come and look at it. Someone came to look at it but could not fix it and said someone would look at it the next day, but this did not happen. I'm glad we only visited in March and not the middle of summer. When we arrived to our hotel, it was early evening and we had planned to eat in the restaurant at the hotel. However, please note that the restaurant is not available to hotel customers, unless they were in a large group. Reception informed us that we could eat at the bar, which we did. The options were either microwavable pastas or luke warm pizzas. We did not eat here again. Reception also told us that there was a restaurant a short distance away and we could get a free shuttle bus from the hotel, however we chose to stay at the hotel. Reception said the shuttle bus takes about 20 mins to arrive. The next day we asked reception if we could take the free shuttle bus in to the town centre, but were informed by a different receptionist that there was in fact no shuttle bus... We bought 2x three day bus passes from the bar but felt this was a bit of a waste of money as everything in the centre of Rome is pretty much in walking distance of eachother, we just needed to get the bus to the centre from the hotel so it would have been cheaper to pay each time we got on a bus. The bus costs 1.5euro, but the three day bus pass cost approx 16euro. The hotel also says it has wifi, but it only has wifi in the reception area and each customer can only log in four times. There was also building work going on in the hotel, this started about 8am and parts of the pathway were closed off which meant we had to walk across the gravel carrying our suitcases. To sum up, the hotel was not very welcoming, the receptionists were grumpy and gave us the wrong information. When we arrived, they were not smiley, when we reported problems, they were unapologetic and when we left they did not say thank you or ask us about our stay. The rooms were basic, mouldy and the air conditioning did not work properly. We also had bed sheets that were dirty and stained with red wine. The hotel was located just outside the centre of rome and not in walking distance, but it was only a bus or taxi ride away, which was okay as it only took 10 mins. We would not stay here again and would not recommend the hotel to anyone.