All hotels in Rome, Italy
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereVia di Torrerossa, 94, Rome, RM, 00165, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

3 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Other trip Aug 3, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for The Church Village

"Good value for money"
04/06/15 acb4030 Shropshire, United Kingdom
Good if a little basic hotel - you get what you pay for! Great breakfast and lovely surroundings, the restaurant was closed for our stay - opens later in the year. We found all the staff helpful and almost all spoke English too! A bit of a long way to central Rome so we used the infamous Rome taxis quite a lot, but they were very good and not too expensive. The rooms were clean and tidy if a little basic. We had a fantastic 4 days in Rome and would highly recommend it, maybe we will stay in central Rome next time!
"Would Not Recommend"
03/29/15 sean g Preston, United Kingdom
Stayed here for two nights as part of a short city break. The receptionist at check in was not very friendly and this could also be said for the other ones that I encountered throughout my visit. My room was okay. I got exactly what I paid for - do not expect luxury. It was fine for me as simply a base to sleep at. Breakfast was okay - large selection of generally mediocre food - rubbery scrambled eggs in vast quantities. Wi-Fi coverage was good and I got it in my room and all over the site it was quite fast as well but not fast enough to download on. Hotel is a little too far away from the city centre for my liking so would not recommend for this sole reason. Taxis to and from the hotel were pricey and I wasn't given much help from the reception on how else to get into the centre. In a sentence - you get what you pay for - (and I hope you don't pay too much for this).
"Great breakfast "
03/25/15 XI M
We choose this hotel in a part of groupon deal. Even though the location is not great, it is not far from the tube station that takes you to central Rome in 15 minutes. The room was clean -made up every day and soap and shampoo replaced- and the bed was comfortable. At check-in the receptionist was attentive and smiley. Not so friendly gentleman at the desk at check-out. Good value for the money.
"Do Not Recommend"
03/15/15 ChocolateWaffle London, United Kingdom
Stayed here in March 2015 for 4 nights with my partner. It was his 30th Birthday and I had arranged with the hotel by email 8 weeks before our arrival to put a bottle of sparkling wine in the hotel room as a surprise. Upon arrival, we were given directions to our hotel room, where there was no surprise bottle of alcohol. The only surprise for us was a room with an incredibly mouldy ceiling. We went back to reception where we received no apology and were eventually moved to another room. In our new room, the air conditioning did not work, we asked reception if someone could come and look at it. Someone came to look at it but could not fix it and said someone would look at it the next day, but this did not happen. I'm glad we only visited in March and not the middle of summer. When we arrived to our hotel, it was early evening and we had planned to eat in the restaurant at the hotel. However, please note that the restaurant is not available to hotel customers, unless they were in a large group. Reception informed us that we could eat at the bar, which we did. The options were either microwavable pastas or luke warm pizzas. We did not eat here again. Reception also told us that there was a restaurant a short distance away and we could get a free shuttle bus from the hotel, however we chose to stay at the hotel. Reception said the shuttle bus takes about 20 mins to arrive. The next day we asked reception if we could take the free shuttle bus in to the town centre, but were informed by a different receptionist that there was in fact no shuttle bus... We bought 2x three day bus passes from the bar but felt this was a bit of a waste of money as everything in the centre of Rome is pretty much in walking distance of eachother, we just needed to get the bus to the centre from the hotel so it would have been cheaper to pay each time we got on a bus. The bus costs 1.5euro, but the three day bus pass cost approx 16euro. The hotel also says it has wifi, but it only has wifi in the reception area and each customer can only log in four times. There was also building work going on in the hotel, this started about 8am and parts of the pathway were closed off which meant we had to walk across the gravel carrying our suitcases. To sum up, the hotel was not very welcoming, the receptionists were grumpy and gave us the wrong information. When we arrived, they were not smiley, when we reported problems, they were unapologetic and when we left they did not say thank you or ask us about our stay. The rooms were basic, mouldy and the air conditioning did not work properly. We also had bed sheets that were dirty and stained with red wine. The hotel was located just outside the centre of rome and not in walking distance, but it was only a bus or taxi ride away, which was okay as it only took 10 mins. We would not stay here again and would not recommend the hotel to anyone.
"Good but wouldnt stay again...too far from rome centre"
12/28/14 missepw Pontypool, United Kingdom
Stayed here in July 2014 for 3 nights but have only just remembered to review sorry. The hotel was fine, it is set out in different buildings which is fine as the weather and garden path areas are lovely and its just a 2 min walk from reception to the rooms. Our room however was tiny. the bathroom door opened up practically on to the toilet and the shower cubicle was so small you couldn't bend down to touch your feel without hitting your head on the shower wall. Not good for an elderly person. We were two girls aged 22 on a city break so the room was fine for us just a lot smaller than we'd seen on the website. It was pretty much a box room. The other thing was in the room was a kettle and cups and tea and coffee tray which I was looking forward to, but the kettle was leaking. I took it to reception to ask them to change the kettle but they said they wouldn't as we weren't supposed to have a 'kettle room' anyway but they 'upgraded' us in to that room. I said that doesn't matter and I'd like a working kettle but they wouldn't change it. This made me really disappointed with the customer service and as a result wouldn't go there again. The food was lovely, we only wanted breakfast as we wanted to spend the days and evenings in the city centre. Also it was advised as FREE wifi and when we got there it was definitely NOT FREE wifi. The last point id like to make to any people planning a city break to Rome, is to get a hotel as close to the centre as you can, and get your transfers flights and hotel separate. I've always been one of those people that wont go anywhere unless its a package deal from a company but after going to Rome I wished I had booked it all separately. The reason being that this hotel is about 25 mins on a bus from the centre. Which was quite awkward to manoeuvre as there are several different busses for different bits of the city and there are loads of hotels actually in the centre that looked loads nicer than ours. Its not that long in the taxi to Leonardo DaVinci airport, about an hour, so I would strongly suggest booking your flights and hotel separately and getting a taxi to and from the airport, as I intend to return to rome at the first available opportunity as it was fantastic, and that is definitely the way I will be booking next time.
"Perfect stay!"
11/25/14 Amy M Bradford, United Kingdom
I read so many reviews before we travelled and were rather worried after reading all the bad ones, However I couldn't dissagree with them more! The rooms were lovely, basic but pleasent. We only had our room cleaned once but they came around every day with the option to have your room cleaned or not, The beds were comfy and the curtains kept all the light out! There was a little bit of mould under the windows and in the seals of the tiles but nothing that caused concern. Breakfast wasn't the best, not too my liking at all, quite a large selection to choose from though including cereal, cold meats, and cooked English breakfast, (however they use smoked bacon and hotdog sausages) I'd never been to Rome before so I did a lot of googling and read about travel cards we decided to get a weekly pass, I would advice anyone NOT to get one. The whole time I was in Rome we never once used it other than first getting to the hotel, the buses are free and there's no need to get on the underground if you don't have too. When we first got here we got the underground and when we came out at the corneillia stop we were horrified, it looks like a run down shanty town but the hotel is a further 10 minutes away from here and isn't anything like this area. I would definitely stay here again, it's not directly in the centre, but isn't a million miles away. I'd say roughly 10 minutes via bus to the Vatican which are due every 20 minutes or so. There is a lot of poverty and beggars in Rome so just be wary they carry dogs so that when you stroke them they have a reason to get money out of you. Enjoy your stay, Rome is a beautiful city and everything is within walking distance.
"Lovely surroundings"
10/24/14 Amanda H London, United Kingdom
I read some other reviews which were a bit negative. I have to say this is a very good reasonably priced hotel. The staff are all very helpful, they complete one task at a time and then devote their full attention to you. All are courteous, and speak several languages if you do not speak fluent Italian. The hotel rooms have everything you need including a fridge, tv, safe, full length mirror. The bathroom is fully equipped and there are complimentary toiletries. They are situated in four seperate buildings through the garden. It is about a 10 minute brisk walk from Cornelia station but there are buses if you are too tired after a day of sightseeing. There are bars, restaurants and shops. There is a bar for drinks and snacks, and they serve meals in the garden terrce, which is a really lovely setting. The main restaurant is also very good, but I only ate breakfast there. If it is important to you, there is free wifi in rooms. This is my second vist to the hotel and I would return. Don't be put off, see for yourself.
"The Worst Ever"
10/18/14 Nick J Hasselt, Limburg, Belgium
First of all I would like to state that I am not a complainer by nature, in the last few weeks I have travelled a lot and seen a lot of hotels. For this reason... I must say, this was by far the worst hotel I ever stayed in my 31 years of life. Where to begin... 1) The people who work in the hotel are extremely rude. From the dest to the restaurant. They all walk around with their faces hanging to the ground. A smile they clearly never heard about and speaking to you directly is something that was never necessary. Also watch out... from time to time they shout to you (and NO... not in the lovely Italian way but clearly in a frustrated and angry way). 2) It took almost half an hour to get three people checked in. 3) The rooms... OMG!!! Where to begin. Dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty, ... Hair hanging in the shower, mould, smelly, curtains with burns from cigarettes, shower extremly small (I am not a big person, but it was difficult to soap yourself or even turn yourself), toilet was frequently broke (at first I had it made and afterwards I made it myself for three times). Minibar without drinks (so what's the point). 4) The bar closed (or what can be called a bar) at 23h. For the rest there was nothing else to do in the vicinity of the hotel except for a very lovely restaurant across the street (This I recommend because the food in the bar is just plain horrible). 5) The breakfast takin' in consideration was OK... only there were only big tables for around 7 people and if it was busy you had to sit with strangers (no privacy). Also you couldn't sit at any table because otherwise the staff began screaming to you. Most of the tables were full of dirty dishes. The staff waited till the last moment to clear the tables. Also you had to wait sometime for glasses or cups for juice or coffee. 6) There is nothing to do in the hotel (no entertainment lounge, only Italian TV stations, a lot of bugs, no music, ....) I have been to Rome before and beyond words, I think in ancient Rome the people had more comfort, hygiëne and were more polite!!!!!!
"Never again!"
10/17/14 EmmChrist Hasselt
We organised a Congress at Domus Pacis Torre Rossa Park. Let me start with a few positive remarks. The meeting rooms were OK. Coffee breaks were fine but the lunch was unacceptable for the price they asked. The most horroble things were probably the rooms and the registration when you arrive as a guest. It took us 20 minutes to get checked in, even if we were alone at the desk. The room was not ready and when it was ready it was not really cleaned. One of the other rooms had a problem with the toilet. Other rooms neededto be cleaned or even changed because it was impossible to stay in the room (durt, unacceptable hygiene, ...). Never again!
"Lovely stay in Rome"
10/16/14 KAZ40SUT Wedmore, United Kingdom
My Mother and I spend 4 days in Rome staying at this hotel. We were concerned having read the reviews but found they were not true to what we experienced so decided to right a review with our views. The staff were friendly and did all they could to help us with anything we needed. The room was big enough and comfortable - maybe the walls could do with a paint due to marks and the shower and the area above the bathroom window could do with a bleach to remove a little black staining but apart from that - it was very clean, our towels were changed daily even though we didn't ask and toiletries refreshed. The TV and fridge worked fine along with the in room safe. The hotel is set away from the hustle and bustle of the main city but with such a good bus service this wasn't a problem and was actually nice to come away to somewhere quiet at the end of the day - we felt relaxed here and slept well. They have separate blocks with the rooms in away from the main building and are set well back from the busy road in gardens. Breakfast was very good - fruit, yogurt, juices, bacon, scrabble egg and sausage, ham, cheese, bread, rolls, croissants, other sweet treats - eat as much as you like. We would stay here again and have no hesitation in recommending the Domus Pacis Torre Rossa Park - and Rome is amazing!