All hotels in Rome, Italy

Business trip Oct 2, 2012
CH
Other trip Aug 6, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for The Church Village

"THIS SHOULD NOT EVEN BE ALOUD TO OPPERATE"
07/31/15 Jordyn B Sydney, Australia
It was the last night on our Top Deck tour in Rome and this is where we were staying. We checked out some reviews and they were not great so we didn't have high expectations. We walked into our room to find it full of bugs, Blood splatters on the bathroom floor YES BLOOD, spider webs in the corners of the room, mould all through the bathroom and the smell was horrible. I pulled back the bedding (I always do this to ensure there are no bugs) and to my suprise there were not bugs... Instead there was blood! YES BLOOD! We go to reception with images of all of this and they give us another room. We go to this room and check it out, it looks ok and is much cleaner then the other room. I go to the bed and do my usual pull back of the bedding and BOOM out comes a spider!!!!! YES A SPIDER! The staff were in utter shcok when we came back and told them and once again showed them photographic evidence, they would not speak in english but you could tell that thery were annoyed with us. Thankfully we had a booking the next night at another hotel in the Centre of Rome and they could get us in for the extra night. We advised them we would not be staying here instead we would go else were and asked them to call us a taxi. They offered us another room and we declined explaining that we were not impressed. We were not offered a refund (we did not expect one) but it just annoyed me that this was not even offered after having not one but two horrible rooms. I honestly do not know how this establishment is aloud to run! It is discustingly filthy, infested with bugs and horrible service. I would suggest not staying here if you can avoid it!
"TRAVEL AGENT REVIEW"
07/28/15 Leah G Nelson, New Zealand
IT'S NOT A HOTEL, IT LOOKS LIKE A PSYCH HOSPITAL!! Literally the creepiest, dirtiest, rudest and most terrible location you could possibly ever stay in. Only go here if you love American horror films. The staff were incredibly rude, the men were sifty... and the cleaner kept waking us by knocking on our door early wanting to clean it hours before check out. Weird. The area is basically the slum of Rome.
"Yea very average"
07/26/15 677wesm
Ok room but toilet wasn't cleaned properly poo marks down it, shower filthy and disgusting, front desk staff polite but the rest below average. Seriously unless it's crazy cheap don't book here. Need to lift their game if they are going to get better ratings..
"Not great "
07/25/15 Lobster8189
I really wanted to love this place. The lobby is beautiful and the dining area is very clean. The food is great! However, the rooms are awful. The air conditioning does not work. The bathroom was scary. The shower had tons of mold and mildew all over. I was afraid to take a shower. This NEEDS to be addressed. It wasn't just my room- I came with 20+ people and we all felt the same way about the rooms/bathrooms. Being tilex with you if you are staying and clean the shower before using- I'm serious, you'll feel better.
"Do not recommend this hotel"
07/25/15 Inkan4
Receptionstaff were nice, the rest of the staff needs a charmcourse, especially the staff at the bar! The rooms were old and poorly cleaned, the gardenwiev a joke! Besides that totally wrong lokation if it's the center of town your'e after. Do not recommend this hotel!
"Fancy entrance, basic rooms"
07/14/15 Lawson B
The Church Village is a basic hotel. The accommodation seems to be setup for large groups with multiple, separate 'apartment blocks'. The rooms are small and not fancy but the bed was comfy and that's the main thing. It is not in a good location for sightseeing. The closest train is about 15-20 minutes walk away.
"Good place but we had a bad experience (day)"
07/14/15 Tushar K
This is a good hotel, however it seems that we checked in on a bad day. The whole AC system at the hotel was down and we only came to know abt it on reaching our rooms and calling front desk. We were upset for the fact that we weren't told abt this at checkin. Furthermore there were mosquitoes which made our night sleepless aside of the sight of cockroaches in the room corners (see pics). After a lot of complaining next morning we were shifted to their other facility called the church palace since we had a 2 night stay. The only positive about this place was the free breakfast. Beware and do your research at front desk before landing in a situation as ours.
"Wonderful experience !"
07/10/15 Vincent D Liege Province, Belgium
Just 3 km from the Vatican ... well served by public transport ... this hotel is ideal for those who want to visit Rome staying out of the chaos of the center . Good value for money . Room and bathroom clean , abundant breakfast buffet . Reception staff polite and courteous . And then ... that peace and silence ...
"Really a nice experience"
07/07/15 Sunny4uf India
I attended a convention of about 800 pax with a stay at this hotel for 3 days , I had been here a few years ago and found the structure completely changed . Conference rooms are very beautiful and spacious , Auditorium Michelangelo is fantastic . The buffet in the garden was amazing.
"Very nice hotel"
07/07/15 policesiva Visakhapatnam, India
I stayed with my family for a week, excellent structure to move comfortably in the city, the bus stop was just outside the hotel to go to the Vatican museums. Our room was nice and staff was friendly. The children had a place to play in the garden