All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
523 Gravier St, New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Stylish, Friendly Hotel"
We always enjoy our vacations more when we stay at contemporary boutique hotels and Loft 523 is a fine example of that style. Furnishings were well designed and thoughtfully chosen. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was human scale and not mushy like the ubiquitous pillow tops. Suggestions: Include tea with coffee service and raw sugar. More hooks in the bathroom for towels, cosmetic bags, shave kits. I awarded a "4" in hotel service because we had to ask twice for the coffee service. The wand that is used to close miniblinds was missing on one window hence the "4" Condition rating. I will stay there again and will recommend it to people I know who are going to N.O.
2 night trip Jan 14, 2014
Joanne H
"New Years 2013-4 getaway"
The private bar at loft 523 had a New Years party with DJ, drinks, dancing, party favors and sushi. It was perfect place to bring in the new year. Great location. I enjoyed the bathtub so so much but the water could be a bit hotter.
3 night trip Dec 30, 2013
Paula
"It was a dump with poor service"
I disliked it so much I moved over to the Lowes around the corner. Horrible service. The room was nothing like the one described online. The manager was sarcastic and rude.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2013
"Cool quiet hotel"
Loft 523 has very spare and spacious rooms. There is a lot of open space and no extra furnishings in the rooms. The lines are clean and the decor is modern. It is quiet and peaceful. The hotel is a nice break from the noisy street life of New Orleans. It is not too far from the French Quarter and also convenient to the central business district. I enjoyed my stay and will come back.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2013
Jay
Very cool place. A little cold feeling but with a modern edge. I really enjoyed my stay and it was super convenient and relatively inexpensive.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
"A little oasis in N'awlins"
I really loved this hotel. It's a smaller boutique hotel so doesn't have the amenities of a larger hotel but these are easily offset by the spacious rooms, quiet zen-like atmosphere and modern feel of the space. It was a great place to "come home to". They have a ready set of recommendations where the staff goes which I enjoyed. It's spot in-between the French District and Warehouse district, each only a couple blocks away. So museums were an easy walk as well as jumping across Canal to the French District. Then coming home to the quiet space just a bit off the beaten path. I think my room was the one they used for the pictures, it was an exact replica. I love modern design so this was like home to me and the dual-head showers were just the thing after a long day in the heat! Their sister hotel is less than a half-block away and delivers anything you need to your door at your request. The view from the room was splendid (3rd floor). The staff was gracious and welcoming, I would definitely stay here again. I am a single traveler who prefers to be off the beaten path and this hotel suited me perfectly. The sister hotel has a great craft cocktail bar, check it out while you're there!
Other trip Sep 11, 2013
Neurotony
"Out of the ordinary"
Loft 523 was a truly unique experience. The ultra-modern design was a welcome contrast to the funky vibe on the streets. And the location was perfect--close enough to the French Quarter for easy walking, but far enough to have some peace.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
Candyce
"NOISY!!!"
Okay, I have to say that the appearance, décor, cleanliness, friendliness of staff, etc. was superb! However, I have never stayed in a noisier hotel. Not only are the walls thin, apparently the concrete floor are a major conduit of sound. I literally heard every single noise on our floor. I honestly thought the two guys staying next to us were coming into our room at 2:30am...then I heard every footfall and word spoken until they went to bed. Outside I heard every conversation between individuals walking by, every vehicle (including several dump trucks), every siren, every dog bark....I surprised I didn't hear the wind blowing. It was honestly THAT bad. On top of that, the bed and pillow especially were so incredibly uncomfortable! I really hated to rate this hotel poorly b/c I think esthetically it's so nice, but nothing else really matters when you can't sleep does it?
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2013
"Loft 523 New Orleans"
Excellent location close to good restaurants and bars Large, nicely equipped room with lots of light and good storage. Very quiet for a room facing the street. Huge bathroom. Pleasant, responsive staff, always helpful.. We are looking forward to returning when the Bar/Lounge area is completed.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Dennis
"Modern hotel"
Very close to canal street- centrally located. Very clean and modern. Staff very friendly and helpful. Minimal things in room. Not have good lighting. Has refrigerator.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"Great secluded place"
This is a well situated hotel. The rooms are very clean and quiet. Great place to stay for business or pleasure!!
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Nice place. Clean, but very noisy at night."
The staff was friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom were nice and the bed was very comfortable. We were on the second floor and there was a lot of noise from the street below. We were constantly woken up by the early mirning shouting and carrying on of vagrants and drunks returning to their hotels from Bourbon Street. Next time we'll stay in a quieter neighborhood.
3 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"New Orleans Weekend"
Loved the hotel. New Orleans looked and tasted great. Rooms are very generous and comfortable. However, there was a lot of street noise at night. Would have been nice for hotel to provide coffee in the lobby and offer a guest happy hour. Bring your own wine screw, they do not provide.Will return.
2 night romance trip Jul 27, 2013
"Stark and modern."
The room was fantastic. I did not get an option to have a bath tub, so that was unfortunate, but other than that the stuff was mostly great. I would recommend this place for couples or folks who are interested in minimalist surroundings. The only downside for me was that the day of departure staff seemed very cold to me. However the two other staff people I worked with were incredibly friendly and helpful. It was great walking distance from most of the things you will want to see as a tourist. However, as a female I did not feel comfortable leaving my room at night time and coming back to it alone. It is sort of hidden from the area and would not bode well for a walk alone in the night.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Lovely"
The rooms are more like actual apartments / lofts. Very cozy. I hightly recommend!
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
KR
"very close to everything"
My wife and I were able to walk to everything. New Orleans is a walking city.
2 night romance trip Jul 12, 2013
Mike H.
"Like a Lower Case W"
Modern and comfy, Loft 523 was a great little boutique hotel in a great location. Would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"Secluded Nightlife"
It was great, I love the quality and size of the room (and especially, the bathroom)! The only things, I would say to improve the stay: (a) more uplifting decor, a bit depressing (b) need to get the bar in the hotel up and running (or offer cocktails for the sister international house for free (in lieu of no bar on site).
2 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Business trip for 2 days off season"
Booked during conference at Sheraton, wanted something different and got it. Small boutique hotel feel, spacious rooms, great modern design, a refreshing change from the standard hotel room fare at the chains. I was there during off season and hotel was quiet. Front desk staff was helpful and accommodating. I would sat there again.
2 night business trip Jun 25, 2013
David M
"Business and French Quarter Convenience"
The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Their recommendations for local patronized dining spots were right on target. It's location is on a generally quiet street. My room was on the street side. Starting at approximately 5:30 a.m. until about 6:00 a.m. the refuse and service vehicles serving businesses across the street are very noisy and disruptive. I recommend staying in rooms not on the street side.
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
Allen
"A diamond in a rough!"
My husband and I went to NOLA for our 10 year anniversary. The loft was nice abd roomy. Loved the oversized teardrop tub. The only negative is the refrigerator did not have a lot of coolant. other than that, it was serene.
4 night romance trip Jun 17, 2013
Tiffany H.
"Perfect hotel for a getaway from the kids!"
Loft 523 is a very unique hotel in the heart of downtown New Orleans' hotel district. 10-15 minute walk to Harrah's, Bourbon Street, or warehouse district. Very quiet street, away from the crowds and noise of Canal St. Streetcars within 2 block walk. Rooms were very sleek and modern. Only beef was a verrrry slow-filling bathtub and our view from Penthouse 2 was of 2 brick walls. Not a make or break in our opinion. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Laurie
"Hidden Gem"
Loft 523, while very difficult to find, was lovely. The price was very reasonable, so we didn't expect much, but were plesantly surprised. There is no gym, pool, ice machine, or bar, which was disappointing, but the rooms were spacious, comfortable, and the staff was accommodating. They brought ice to our room and let us know we were able to use the gym and bar at their sister property. It was a short walk (about 4 blocks/10 min walk) from the main bars, but has some restaurants and shops close by. My only suggestion to make Loft 523 better, would be to reopen the bar downstairs and reduce the parking fee as it is a bit high compared to the lots close by. Overall, I would recommend staying at Loft 523.
2 night trip with friends May 31, 2013
Nicole I
Love this place. Can't wait to go back.
2 night romance trip May 31, 2013
Vickey D
"Early Bird"
Very cool, offbeat and quirky hotel. Enjoyed the chic room and hotel greatly. Only drawback as a hungover visitor would be the incredible noise from the trash and delivery trucks in the early am that lasts for about an hour. otherwise street was very quiet.
3 night romance trip May 29, 2013
"Great hotel for couples"
Great location, beautiful spacious rooms. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are modern and clean. Bed is really comfortable. The bathroom is big and clean.
Other trip May 25, 2013
Fernanda
"Loved Everything About It"
This hotel is a gem. If you like simplicity and quiet, Loft 523 is the place for you. The room was clean and elegant - no clutter or unnecessary furniture. The staff was friendly and knowledgable and texted when our room was ready for check in (we arrived early). The night club other guests commented on in other reviews doesn't exist anymore, so noise at night wasn't a problem. We also loved the location - easy walk to Bourbon, Canal, the streetcar, and lots of bars and restaurants. If we head to NOLA again, we will most definitely stay at Loft 523 again.
Other trip May 7, 2013
"Great place!"
Didnt feel like i was trap in tourist world Felt very exclusive and peaceful Plus the penthouse suites are amazing!
2 night business trip Apr 28, 2013
Staff wonderful. Only negative was not enough light in the bathroom.
3 night business trip Apr 11, 2013
"Fabulous modern boutique hotel"
I had a really great stay in New Orleans. The hotel was a quiet retreat from the hustle and bustle of NOLA. My room was huge and furnished with top quality lux furniture, linens and lighting. This hotel does not have room service but you can order food from their sister hotel which is right up the street.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"stay elsewhere"
First off, there is not any signage on the building, door, sidewalk to indicate there is a hotel there.Second, once i asked a homeless person where it was. I had to get out of the car open a door and yell in the lobby to see if I was actually at the hotel. Once the bellman/valet/night audit/front desk attendent stopped texting/posting on facebook to respond yes. He then pointed to the bellmans cart for me to fetch my own bags. Then I had to basically force him to park my car which cost $35. checking out was worse. no restuarant, no room service, room was dark and felt cold. There are better options for the price.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2013
tony
"Lovely boutique hotel in a great location"
If you want something unique and modern without pretense, this fits the bill. As others have said, this is not the Ritz. If you are looking for abundant amenities, this is not the place for you. The atmosphere is so refreshing from your average high-end hotel. The front desk staff was incredibly helpful. The ONLY downside was caused by the beautiful hammered copper doors to each room. The housekeeping staff started early in the morning and seemed to let each room door slam behind them as they went in and out. What we thought was going to be a lazy morning sleeping in ended too soon for our liking. This would not deter us from returning.
Other trip Mar 15, 2013
"boring and uncomfortable"
the minimalist style of this hotel is, ironically, overdone, with expansive rooms, yet almost no living area. the bathroom alone is bigger than many motel rooms, but offers nothing by which to appreciate the space. the shower is airy (drafty) with a somewhat annoying dual-head system that yet produces barely enough of a stream to be functional and no way to step out of its way. considering the majority of the room was bare with concrete floors, the dust and even mold was surprising.
5 night business trip Mar 2, 2013
"We Will Return!"
This is a wonderful- hip and stylish-boutique hotel.The rooms are loft style-spacious and modern with a industrial feel. The king size bed so comfortablething-18'-ceilings, cement floors, and incredible, delightful bathroom Did I say bath ROOM- so large that it is equal to the size of a bedroom! Unpolished marble, walk-in shower, freestanding ovular modern soaking tub ! Aveda products & a coffee maker to, start the morning off right before you head out. PS One of the best restaurant meals to be had is right up the block- "August", Chef John Besh. Perfect Stay!
3 night romance trip Feb 24, 2013
DJC
"Close to all, but not in the craziness of NOLA"
Are you looking for a private, VIP getaway? This is it. There is no sign on building, everything has a hidden, cool, loft vibe to it. The hotel has all original local art. The place is a converted warehouse that has a minimalist appeal.
2 night romance trip Feb 22, 2013
brad
"GONE DOWNHILL BUT STILL ONE-OF-A-KIND"
My wife and I have stayed here many times and loved every visit but our most recent was met with great disapointment. This hotel is usually flawless. Bed Linens were tattered and torn, Elevator smelled sour and old, Fridge wasn't stocked like in the past. I think this hotel is truly a hidden gem in the Big Easy so I will try them again but if I encounter the same "old and used" feeling .... It will be my last visit. Anyone looking for a unique and modern place to stay off the beaten path ..... This is it!!
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2013
Brad
"pleasant surprise!"
i like hi ceilings and minimalist enviroment. if that is not your style, then this may not be your cup of tea... the mattress was amazing, some of the best sleep ever in a hotel. the staff couldn't be more helpful, i wish every hotel could have service like that~ easy going and polite.
Other trip Dec 17, 2012
"Loft 523 Hidden Gem"
Excellent location for my business trip and was not crowded like surrounding hotels during a weekend with a big college football game and a Saints game. Love the room size!
3 night business trip Nov 22, 2012
"Hidden secret"
Love this hotel. Great decor. Seemed like a nice hidden gem in downtown. Quiet and clean. Loved the room (especially the bathroom tub). Very friendly staff, reasonable price for parking.
2 night trip Nov 4, 2012
Adell
"Weekend in New Orleans"
The reviews were better than the actual stay. The building lost water on the last morning there. Wifi was awful. I called to the desk and all he said was his worked ok at the front desk. Just a bad signal! It wasnt terrible but I wouldnt go back.
3 night romance trip Oct 5, 2012
PC
"Great Hotel for a Couple"
My boyfriend and I came to New Orleans for a weekend getaway and found Loft 523 for a pretty decent price. We were definitely pleasantly suprised with the hotel. It was done very simply and yet it met every need we had. It was perfect for a couple who simply wanted to get away for a short time. They are not family or child friendly but that was not a problem for us. And it was within walking distance of everything we wanted to do in the French Quarter without the French Qarter prices. The staff was awesome and tons of help to us. Anything we needed, we simply called down to the desk and it was provided by courteous, helpful, knowledgeable staff. I definitely would recommend this to any of my couple friends looking to escape from reality to New Orleans!
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
Megan
"Hotel with lots of promise"
Nicely appointed / designed spacious rooms with high cielings gives this hotel a unique feel. Service was excellent, but valet parking was slower than I expected. Lighting in the bathroom was not adequate, and the shower head made the shower experience unpleasant, like being attacked by a crowd of acupuncturists. Lobby bar was closed which was a relief as some reviews complained about noise. If they open a location in the lobby that doesn't interfere with guests this place is going to be even better.
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
Jose
We were super pleased with our stay. The staff could not have been nicer or more attentive. The location was ideal and we could walk to anywhere and then leave the craziness behind. The noise was never and issue. The bar down stairs doesn't seem to be in use right now. It is a city so you do hear a big truck or car stereo go buy, but never heard or saw anyone else in the hotel itself. We have decided that this is our new go to spot when staying in New Orleans.
Other trip Aug 14, 2012
"We will definitely return to Loft 523!"
Upon check-in, we received an immediate room upgrade. Our room was contemporary, spacious and attractive, with soaring ceilings and large windows that overlooked trees and the beautiful old brick building across the street. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was clean and well-appointed. The staff was responsive to each request, and helped to make our stay delightful. We will definitely return to Loft 523 on our next trip!
Other trip Aug 8, 2012
Jan
"The ONLY place to stay in New Orleans"
Finally, I found a clean, quiet, convenient and nice place to stay! I was so impressed with the layout of the room that I came home thinking maybe moving to a loft space is in my future. The only bummer was that there is no hotel bar or coffee shop so that was a bit inconvenient. It looks like they are in the process of remodeling though so maybe it's coming. Either way, I'll never stay anywhere else when I visit New Orleans.
Business trip Aug 7, 2012

"Close to Everything: Business and Fun"
I was there for a conference and so I wanted a quiet clean hotel close enough to the convention centre to walk and also close to some of the customer appreciation venues. I walked to everything and felt very safe. Canal Street is a 3 minute walk away and there you can find all sorts of shops as well as walk to the French Qtr if you want to. The Morial Conference centre is about a 10 minute walk. The hotel was quiet, room was a great size, staff were quite helpful.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
CanadianTrvlr
"Fantastic boutique hotel"
Absolutely beautiful room, lovely clean and huge!!! The only downside to the hotel is that as of yet it doesn't have a bar / restaurant, but great breakfasts round the corner in the Ruby Slipper. Fantastic hotel, friendly staff and great location. Would recommend to anyone visiting New Orleans.
3 night trip Aug 18, 2013
Cat
"Modern, minimalistic, huge tv"
Great hotel, shame that part of it was being updated so not fully open. Bed was king size and comfy. Would definitely stay here again
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Wow"
This hotel was perfect! Friendly staff, really relaxed atmosphere, The ideal place to relax after a hot day walking round the big easy. The photos really dont do this place justice!
5 night romance trip Jul 25, 2013
Ed
"Essence Festival Weekend"
Great spacious rooms and bathrooms, quiet AC (a must in NO), fast elevator and generally quiet. Good location, close to but away from the crush and seediness of the French Qtr. Good wifi and room facilities. Would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013