All hotels in Miami, Florida, United States of America
2889 Mcfarlane Rd, Miami, FL, 33133, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Disappointed - pool closed"
Very disappointed the pool was closed. Renovations are taking place elsewhere in "Hotel" (no rooms available with water view when we were there). We heard you could use a nearby hotel pool but that was after we left. No mention at checkin. This is really a condo where you can rent rooms, we had a full kitchen.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
"Under Construction"
Hotel is under construction and needs to offer BIG DISCOUNTS due to this problems. No POOL to lounge around.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Nice view but overpriced"
The view from my balcony on the 16th floor was breathtaking, but the room lacked basic amenities like a refrigerator, and also had maintenance issues (burned out light bulbs, a sticking closet door, and a vent cover that fell from the ceiling when I turned on the fan). Also - $25 per night to park - really?!? And there was no mention that the pool was closed for renovations when I made my reservation 3 weeks prior. Great location in Coconut Grove, but I expected better value for the money.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Hotel seems to be transitioning to apartments, with construction in process. The pool was completely under construction. Not sure about the future of this property as a vacation hotel.
3 night trip Sep 28, 2014
"Great Beds!"
Was VERY disappointed pool was unusable- almost ruined trip! One of the main reasons we booked this hotel. The pool next door that you could use was smaller than most home pools.
4 night family trip Sep 24, 2014
"hotel under repairs until October!!!"
woke up to drilling and jackhammer. (9:15am) every morning until the last day. pool could not be used had to use another hotel's pool around the corner.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Nice Hotel in Coconut Grove"
It was very nice Coconut Grove is very relaxing and not too far from the city via public transport. The swimming pool was not in service when we visited but other than that, it was a very nice hotel. I would recommend.
4 night trip with friends Sep 17, 2014
Emeka O
The pool area was closed during our stay for remodeling. An alternative was provided a few hotels away. It would have been helpful to know in advance. The views were spectacular from the balcony. One of Miami's best kept secrets.
3 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Get away"
We love this place!! We are locals and always come here just to get away from the everyday rat race!!
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Chuchi
"Great location!!! Fun WE with friends"
I loved this place!!!
2 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
Carolina
"Nice hotel close to everything we wanted"
It was just a very pleasant stay from staff to room. The fitness room was absolutely everything I need to get a good work-out. Just wished the vendor soda machine worked
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Very good hotel"
We enjoy our staying in Sonesta, the room is clean and spacious, the service is professional. We feel safe and satisfied here.
3 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
Gordon
"Impromptu Weekend Getaway"
My boyfriend and I decided to stay at the Sonesta for the weekend after attending a wedding in Coral Gables. We choose the Sonesta because it was well priced and centrally located by all of or favorites places in the Grove. We checked in Friday night at 11:50PM and were politely greeted by the valet. I went inside to check in and the front desk concierge was on the phone with another customer and did not even acknowledge my presence asking me to wait a moment or that he would be with me in just one second. I waited and after he was done he checked us into our room. The room has a great view of Miami. It was a small room, but still very comfortable. There was plenty of closet space (more than I had ever seen anywhere else). The bed was very comfortable. Room was very clean. Bathroom was quite large. A/C was a little loud at night, but worked very well! The hotel was within walking distance of many great shops, restaurants, and attractions. The only downside was the crowd that was in the Grove at night, but I don't think that can be avoided. Check out was quick. I felt that the valet was much more polite than the staff at the front desk. I would absolutely stay here again! Highly recommend!
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
Christina
Wifi wouldn't work. Light coming under the door from the hallway was bright. Door had no weather stripping.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Would have been nice to know the pool was closed for renovation in advance.
3 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Poor quality/price of breakfast"
Expensive garage fees.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Attilio
"Room was tiny"
The staff at this hotel was incredibly friendly and helpful. However, when we checked into our room, we were told we did not have a balcony, which we would have enjoyed. The room was extremely small and allowed for very little room to walk around. It is really best suited for one person. Also, the hotel pool and pool deck were not open, as they were under repair. Beware, the parking is $25 plus tax (plus another $5 or more in tax), plus tips for the valets. If you can get a room that looks over the bay, the view is gorgeous!
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
J
Rooms are very large unfortunately the hotel was in the process of renovations to its pool big inconvenience when you want to relax and get sun . Great shopping and restuarants within a block or two . Lobby smells great which is nice upon arrival . Staff was very helpful with local suggestions and information
3 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Disappointing, at best"
Pool closed for 3 months along with the half of the hotel that overlooks the bay. We were not informed about this until we got to our room and the bellman told us. We were told we could use the pool at the hotel next door. When I asked the front desk about this they informed me that we could not use the hotel next door until the next day. Frustrating. Our room was mediocre, even worse there were little flies in it. The next morning I asked for a room switch. I was told to have our bags packed and they would move us while we were out. We returned that evening to find that we were in the same room, nothing had been done. Really, I would NOT recommend this hotel at all. I will never stay in a Sonesta again.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
"Beautiful Area"
Awesome location.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
A
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would gladly become a repeat guest. The staff was very professional, friendly and efficient. I needed baby sitting services to facilitate my attendance at business meetings off-site. The concierge supplied a contact list for agencies and individuals. The baby sitter was prompt, professional and overall great. Being close to the branch library and public transportation routes made the Sonesta a perfect fit.
6 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
"Exellent ! For me the best In Miami"
Allways wonderfull . Exellent ! For me the best In Miami . I love it !
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Waldemar
"Nice weekend get away"
We stayed at this hotel for two nights. Check-in was quick and easy, the valet attendants were very professional and helpful. We stayed on the 19th floor and could not have been happier with the room and the view. The room was very nice and clean. The ac worked perfectly, the bathroom was clean and new. There was an iron and ironing board, and a hair dryer. The tv was a nice flat screen, and there was a safe. The bed was very very comfortable. I cannot say enough about the experience we had at this hotel, it was a fabulous weekend. The hotel is walking distance from shopping and dining. Plenty to do. The pool and restaurant on the 8th floor were also fabulous. The only regret I have is not booking for more than two nights. Will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Anne
"nice views"
All in all, a very nice place
3 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Great Hotel, Great customer service"
Stayed here for a week, little hesitant due to the pictures on the website but getting there changed my mind, customer service was A , Room was a little bit small but honestly, there is enough space for anything you want to do..Mind you the valet can be a little expensive but it was definitely worth it...i dream about going back to miami and getting that same hotel maybe next year. Don't forget to ask if your room is the bay view or city view,huge difference....but overall experience was great.
Victor
"Great hotel close to Cocowalk!"
Second stay at the Sonesta was just as good as the first. Great hotel , great location, and friendly staff! Plan on staying here again in the future.
Brad
"Nice hotel with a nice view"
Room was nice. Lobby is nice. Valet parking is a must. I'd recommend planning breakfast elsewhere - $20 a person for a "buffet"that is nothing more than a continental breakfast you'd get for free at other hotels.
M
"Nice hotel, understaff, suboptimal service."
Expedited check in, courteous staff, TV only work for 15 minutes before shutting down, and require reboot for the next 15 minutes. A continental breakfast took over 45 minutes to be served (coffee and biscuits), mostly due to understaff, undertrained restaurant staff.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Gus
"Beautiful atmosphere"
Rooms were very clean...the bay view was superb, friendly staff especially Alex the pool attendant. Will definitely stay here again when visiting Miami.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Tanya
It was ok
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
"Really nice hotel close to great nightlife!"
GREAT LOCATION! Friendly staff! We were very happy with our stay here.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Brad
"Great for vacation, but not convenient for busines"
I love the location of this hotel, and for convenience it was perfect. It lacked the small details that you'll notice if you are traveling for business (has high daily charge for high speed internet and was spotty availability when connecting, no color printing available) or if you travel often (no ability to watch anything but basic tv) We were on the 18th floor and the view was incredible!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
s
"BEAUTIFUL HOTEL, CLOSE TO BIKE RIDE WE HAD PLANNED"
LOVED THE HOTEL, SMELLS GOOD TOO I'M AT WORK, NO TIME TO WRITE REVIEW!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Excellent experience. Staff was great and welcoming. Close to all of our destinations.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Lovely view of Biscayne Bay"
There are several nice resturants in the area within walking distance and nice attractions to drive to, this is not a "beach" hotel. It was easy to get to South Beach, Vizcaya, Fairchild Gardens, and downtown. The hotel is very comfortable, has a nice pool area and we enjoyed our stay. We would return or recommend it to others.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Ruthie
"Great Stuff"
Great stuff
6 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
Overall the hotel was in good condition as soon as you enter the hotel it was modern . However cocunut groove where the hotel is located is very far from all the action In south beach I would suggest if you are looking for action get a hotel in south beach and not cocunut groove.
4 night family trip Jul 6, 2014
The staff were amazing!!! They wow-ed us. From the front desk. Housekeeping and especially the pool area and bar/restaurant. Kudos to Humberto and Alex and others ... Thanks
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Loved our stay!"
The only issue I had was how insistent the housekeeper was to clean my room. When I asked her to wait she seemed distressed but she complied. When I returned from breakfast she was happily on her knees cleaning the bathtub. Incredible. The view from the restaurant is spectacular. I loved eating breakfast outdoors by the pool.
3 night business trip Jun 26, 2014
Chris Whitcher
Unfortunately the regular Superior Rooms are very small and not very comfortable
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
"Nasty hotel room"
We were on the 16th floor and the noise from the streets and next room was unbearable. The room smelled nasty. Never would I stay there ever nor would I recommend this nasty place.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"Great Location!"
You don't need a car! We walked to the marina, shops and restraunts! The view from the balcony was fabulous and overall condition was great! Pool and bar were awesome! The staff was very busy but pleasant enough and accomendating. We got suites, but unless you need the kitchen, the rooms were just as nice. Overall, we will stay again! It was my daughters wedding so they also stayed the night and enjoyed the beauty.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"Great but room a bit small!!"
Great hotel and location. Rooms were a little bit on the small side but very comfy and great view. The bed was SUPERB. We had a GREAT night sleep. BTW when you walk into the lobby you'll notice a very nice smell that gives you a great first impression but twenty seconds later you realize it is too much smell. Pleasant but too strong.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Angel
"Very nice hotel"
I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Great service and the hotel itself was very nice. I'm normally not into hotel food, but the food here was really good. The pool was also very nice (but please be careful because the tiles surrounding the pool are very slippery. We saw many people slipping including a child that slipped and hit her head).
2 night family trip May 23, 2014
Bryan
"Great Pool Area!"
I've stayed at this hotel several times. It's location is great for anything from restaurants, sight seeing and night life. My only negative, parking is $30 a night! Airport parking is less then this. Repeat customers should pay a discounted rate, just a suggestion hotel management!
2 night trip May 22, 2014
"Great Weekend at Sonesta"
Great customer service at the Sonesta Coconut Grove including desk staff, restaurant, pool, maids, valets, & security, all of which I came in contact with, and all displayed excellent customer service skills. Compliments to whoever is doing the training there.
2 night trip with friends May 16, 2014
"good location"
very good hotel staff
2 night trip May 9, 2014
bob
"business trip"
Everything was good. Skip hotel restaurant, service is EXTREMELY slow. There are so many restaurants in the area-walking distance-try those instead.
2 night business trip May 4, 2014
Very nice low key hotel in a great area. Close to many restaurants.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
Right in the heart of Coconut Grove with many nearby attraction We had a great stay and the staff was friendly and personable
Other trip Apr 26, 2014