All hotels in Miami, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2889 Mcfarlane Rd, Miami, FL, 33133, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Impromptu Weekend Getaway"
My boyfriend and I decided to stay at the Sonesta for the weekend after attending a wedding in Coral Gables. We choose the Sonesta because it was well priced and centrally located by all of or favorites places in the Grove. We checked in Friday night at 11:50PM and were politely greeted by the valet. I went inside to check in and the front desk concierge was on the phone with another customer and did not even acknowledge my presence asking me to wait a moment or that he would be with me in just one second. I waited and after he was done he checked us into our room. The room has a great view of Miami. It was a small room, but still very comfortable. There was plenty of closet space (more than I had ever seen anywhere else). The bed was very comfortable. Room was very clean. Bathroom was quite large. A/C was a little loud at night, but worked very well! The hotel was within walking distance of many great shops, restaurants, and attractions. The only downside was the crowd that was in the Grove at night, but I don't think that can be avoided. Check out was quick. I felt that the valet was much more polite than the staff at the front desk. I would absolutely stay here again! Highly recommend!
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
Christina
Wifi wouldn't work. Light coming under the door from the hallway was bright. Door had no weather stripping.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Would have been nice to know the pool was closed for renovation in advance.
3 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Poor quality/price of breakfast"
Expensive garage fees.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Attilio
"Room was tiny"
The staff at this hotel was incredibly friendly and helpful. However, when we checked into our room, we were told we did not have a balcony, which we would have enjoyed. The room was extremely small and allowed for very little room to walk around. It is really best suited for one person. Also, the hotel pool and pool deck were not open, as they were under repair. Beware, the parking is $25 plus tax (plus another $5 or more in tax), plus tips for the valets. If you can get a room that looks over the bay, the view is gorgeous!
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
J
Rooms are very large unfortunately the hotel was in the process of renovations to its pool big inconvenience when you want to relax and get sun . Great shopping and restuarants within a block or two . Lobby smells great which is nice upon arrival . Staff was very helpful with local suggestions and information
3 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Disappointing, at best"
Pool closed for 3 months along with the half of the hotel that overlooks the bay. We were not informed about this until we got to our room and the bellman told us. We were told we could use the pool at the hotel next door. When I asked the front desk about this they informed me that we could not use the hotel next door until the next day. Frustrating. Our room was mediocre, even worse there were little flies in it. The next morning I asked for a room switch. I was told to have our bags packed and they would move us while we were out. We returned that evening to find that we were in the same room, nothing had been done. Really, I would NOT recommend this hotel at all. I will never stay in a Sonesta again.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
"Beautiful Area"
Awesome location.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
A
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would gladly become a repeat guest. The staff was very professional, friendly and efficient. I needed baby sitting services to facilitate my attendance at business meetings off-site. The concierge supplied a contact list for agencies and individuals. The baby sitter was prompt, professional and overall great. Being close to the branch library and public transportation routes made the Sonesta a perfect fit.
6 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
"Exellent ! For me the best In Miami"
Allways wonderfull . Exellent ! For me the best In Miami . I love it !
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Waldemar
"Nice weekend get away"
We stayed at this hotel for two nights. Check-in was quick and easy, the valet attendants were very professional and helpful. We stayed on the 19th floor and could not have been happier with the room and the view. The room was very nice and clean. The ac worked perfectly, the bathroom was clean and new. There was an iron and ironing board, and a hair dryer. The tv was a nice flat screen, and there was a safe. The bed was very very comfortable. I cannot say enough about the experience we had at this hotel, it was a fabulous weekend. The hotel is walking distance from shopping and dining. Plenty to do. The pool and restaurant on the 8th floor were also fabulous. The only regret I have is not booking for more than two nights. Will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Anne
"nice views"
All in all, a very nice place
3 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Great Hotel, Great customer service"
Stayed here for a week, little hesitant due to the pictures on the website but getting there changed my mind, customer service was A , Room was a little bit small but honestly, there is enough space for anything you want to do..Mind you the valet can be a little expensive but it was definitely worth it...i dream about going back to miami and getting that same hotel maybe next year. Don't forget to ask if your room is the bay view or city view,huge difference....but overall experience was great.
Victor
"Great hotel close to Cocowalk!"
Second stay at the Sonesta was just as good as the first. Great hotel , great location, and friendly staff! Plan on staying here again in the future.
Brad
"Nice hotel with a nice view"
Room was nice. Lobby is nice. Valet parking is a must. I'd recommend planning breakfast elsewhere - $20 a person for a "buffet"that is nothing more than a continental breakfast you'd get for free at other hotels.
M
"Nice hotel, understaff, suboptimal service."
Expedited check in, courteous staff, TV only work for 15 minutes before shutting down, and require reboot for the next 15 minutes. A continental breakfast took over 45 minutes to be served (coffee and biscuits), mostly due to understaff, undertrained restaurant staff.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Gus
"Beautiful atmosphere"
Rooms were very clean...the bay view was superb, friendly staff especially Alex the pool attendant. Will definitely stay here again when visiting Miami.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Tanya
It was ok
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
"Really nice hotel close to great nightlife!"
GREAT LOCATION! Friendly staff! We were very happy with our stay here.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Brad
"Great for vacation, but not convenient for busines"
I love the location of this hotel, and for convenience it was perfect. It lacked the small details that you'll notice if you are traveling for business (has high daily charge for high speed internet and was spotty availability when connecting, no color printing available) or if you travel often (no ability to watch anything but basic tv) We were on the 18th floor and the view was incredible!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
s
"BEAUTIFUL HOTEL, CLOSE TO BIKE RIDE WE HAD PLANNED"
LOVED THE HOTEL, SMELLS GOOD TOO I'M AT WORK, NO TIME TO WRITE REVIEW!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Excellent experience. Staff was great and welcoming. Close to all of our destinations.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Lovely view of Biscayne Bay"
There are several nice resturants in the area within walking distance and nice attractions to drive to, this is not a "beach" hotel. It was easy to get to South Beach, Vizcaya, Fairchild Gardens, and downtown. The hotel is very comfortable, has a nice pool area and we enjoyed our stay. We would return or recommend it to others.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Ruthie
"Great Stuff"
Great stuff
6 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
Overall the hotel was in good condition as soon as you enter the hotel it was modern . However cocunut groove where the hotel is located is very far from all the action In south beach I would suggest if you are looking for action get a hotel in south beach and not cocunut groove.
4 night family trip Jul 6, 2014
The staff were amazing!!! They wow-ed us. From the front desk. Housekeeping and especially the pool area and bar/restaurant. Kudos to Humberto and Alex and others ... Thanks
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Loved our stay!"
The only issue I had was how insistent the housekeeper was to clean my room. When I asked her to wait she seemed distressed but she complied. When I returned from breakfast she was happily on her knees cleaning the bathtub. Incredible. The view from the restaurant is spectacular. I loved eating breakfast outdoors by the pool.
3 night business trip Jun 26, 2014
Chris Whitcher
Unfortunately the regular Superior Rooms are very small and not very comfortable
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
"Nasty hotel room"
We were on the 16th floor and the noise from the streets and next room was unbearable. The room smelled nasty. Never would I stay there ever nor would I recommend this nasty place.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"Great Location!"
You don't need a car! We walked to the marina, shops and restraunts! The view from the balcony was fabulous and overall condition was great! Pool and bar were awesome! The staff was very busy but pleasant enough and accomendating. We got suites, but unless you need the kitchen, the rooms were just as nice. Overall, we will stay again! It was my daughters wedding so they also stayed the night and enjoyed the beauty.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"Great but room a bit small!!"
Great hotel and location. Rooms were a little bit on the small side but very comfy and great view. The bed was SUPERB. We had a GREAT night sleep. BTW when you walk into the lobby you'll notice a very nice smell that gives you a great first impression but twenty seconds later you realize it is too much smell. Pleasant but too strong.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Angel
"Very nice hotel"
I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Great service and the hotel itself was very nice. I'm normally not into hotel food, but the food here was really good. The pool was also very nice (but please be careful because the tiles surrounding the pool are very slippery. We saw many people slipping including a child that slipped and hit her head).
2 night family trip May 23, 2014
Bryan
"Great Pool Area!"
I've stayed at this hotel several times. It's location is great for anything from restaurants, sight seeing and night life. My only negative, parking is $30 a night! Airport parking is less then this. Repeat customers should pay a discounted rate, just a suggestion hotel management!
2 night trip May 22, 2014
"Great Weekend at Sonesta"
Great customer service at the Sonesta Coconut Grove including desk staff, restaurant, pool, maids, valets, & security, all of which I came in contact with, and all displayed excellent customer service skills. Compliments to whoever is doing the training there.
2 night trip with friends May 16, 2014
"good location"
very good hotel staff
2 night trip May 9, 2014
bob
"business trip"
Everything was good. Skip hotel restaurant, service is EXTREMELY slow. There are so many restaurants in the area-walking distance-try those instead.
2 night business trip May 4, 2014
Very nice low key hotel in a great area. Close to many restaurants.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
Right in the heart of Coconut Grove with many nearby attraction We had a great stay and the staff was friendly and personable
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
"Nice hotel in the grove near many restaurants and"
I am very mixed...location was great and the hotel accommodations were very clean and very upscale. Overall, staff was very nice, the valet staff were very curtious and efficient. Really my only negative was with the restaurant staff and housekeeping...some requests needed to be asked several times...no great follow through.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
from Chicago
Good location especially for the Sony. Good area for fun restaurants especially Le Bouchon.
2 night trip Mar 24, 2014
Eve
"Very convenient location for our needs."
Arrived at 11pm to be informed that our room had been cancelled by Expedia. Receptionist helped us to call Expedia and after discussion were told that we had a room available. We were graciously upgraded to a suite with sea view. Very comfortable, spacious but the nighttime noise level was disturbing with music every night until late. The staff are generally friendly and helpful even at very busy times like the Sony Ericsson tennis tournament. It has become our favorite hotel in Coconut Grove due to the proximity to all places of interest, including restaurants, shops.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
Helene
"Nice location near restaurants and shops"
The pool was pretty crowded on Saturday and if you didn't get there early there was no chair for you. Sunday through Tuesday it wasn't really a problem. The room we had was nice, comfortable bed, nice soaker tub and very clean. The only complaint I have of our room was that it was marketed as having a balcony. Well, it did, but it was actually only the corner of a portion of the balcony that was screened off of the room next door. It was only big enough for one person to stand there. It was good for checking if there was room at the pool, but that was it. You couldn't even have a chair out there because the door would not have room to open. I had pictured myself sitting on the balcony at night having a glass of wine and that obviously was not a possibility.
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
"Past its prime"
This hotel was probably really nice at one time. Now it's just expensive because of its location
3 night trip Feb 27, 2014
"Clean and convenient"
We were looking for a clean hotel with a pool and within walking distance to restaurants. The Sonesta turned out to be ideal. Would definitely stay there again.
2 night trip Feb 22, 2014
"amazing view"
Stayed in a corner unit with a wraparound balcony where we enjoyed the fresh Biscayne Bay air every morning and evening along with an amazing view of the city and the Bay. enjoyed walking only half a block to CocoaWalk and the many restaurants and shops.
3 night trip Feb 20, 2014
Mirta and Keith
"Great area to stay!"
Good time, nice pool area and good food. Great view!!!
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Nice hotel with easy walking distance"
Easy walking distance to shops,dinning, and waterfront. Only a few minutes drive to downtown. Greats views from hotel to downtown and rooftop bar
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"No problems, good service"
Had to stay an extra day because of the snow storm in Atlanta. The front desk quickly booked my room for the extra day. The 8th floor restaurant/bar has a great view.
2 night trip Feb 10, 2014
"Best Hotel in Coconut Grove"
We stayed at the Sonesta for a wedding and were treated with the utmost kindness by the staff. Due to the horrible traffic, we would not have made it to the airport without the help of the concierge driving us himself. Will always and forever stay here when in Miami.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Miami wedding and the sonesta"
We went to the Sonesta as a family, for a wedding at a nearby hotel. First we got a room on the 10th floor, but got upgraded free of charge to the 19th floor. From the 19th floor the view were fantastic. Full view over the skyline and partial view over the ocean and harbor. We had 2 good days here, and the staff is very friendly. I want to complement the valet and bellboys for their fantastic service. The only issue on this hotel is the wifi. You have to call their hot line just to get a signal.
2 night family trip Jan 31, 2014