All hotels in Miami, Florida, United States of America

Comfortable
    Bad breakfast
  • Value
    Poor value for money
"Fabulous hotel in the heart of Coconut Grove!"
Clean, spacious rooms and modern, expertly designed lobby area! The pool is on the 8th floor and overlooks Biscayne Bay with sailboats and palm trees galore! I would definatley recommend this hotel!
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Britt
"June in the Grove"
Ok hotel. Condition and cleanliness not appropriate for price. My sheet had a hole in it. The hot water in the shower did not work. Front desk tells me later oh yeah we know about it and there was a work around to get it to work. Great that's what I want at 6 in the morning.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2015
Sundeep
"Excellent location."
Disappointed with the room staff, day after I checked in, my room was not clean or prep. Called the front desk and I was told the staff already left by 5pm..... Never heard of anything like that before.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
traveler
"Nice Hotel for working is near Down Town, Airport"
The best isthe hotel staff very friendly and beautifull people
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Good hotel very close to Coco Walk & other points"
This is a very good place to stay in Coconut Grove. It's very close to Coco Walk. The hotel delivers in location and service, unfortunately the area lacks the good vibe of past years. Coco Walk is a ghost of what it was with many shops and restaurants closed.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Gustavo
"Nice clean hotel."
Great hotel at a great value,in a great location. We walked everywhere. $25 to park the car was too much per night,we thought,but there is no overnight parking around.
3 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Joseph P.
"Well keep hotel with excellent service"
Very close to Coconut Walk and the many restaurants in the area. Next door to the Peacock Garden Cafe. 20 minutes to the airport. Excellent staff throughout.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Ed
"Construction"
When we arrived, I noticed the construction noise as soon as I got off the elevator on the 9th floor. As I got closer to my room, the noise was right at my window with men outside drilling into the stucco. I went to the other side of the building where I had another room and that was great. I asked the front the desk to switch my room and they informed me that they could but it would be $30 more per night because they have construction but the other room had a balcony and the construction would only be until 5pm. Since I was going to be out of the room most of the day, I stayed in the room but only to be awoke the following morning at 8am with drilling again outside my room. I went back downstairs and I was told I had to call Expedia. I didn't feel the hotel was doing anything to accommodate me nor provide me with any types of inconvenience customer service with complimentary anything. I accepted paying for the room, but not under those conditions . It did not feel like a relaxing vacation and I love my naps which I could not take one due to the construction.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Nice hotel - great views from the pool"
This hotel is a lot nicer than I expected it to be. Was there for a wedding. It's close to everything - food, shopping, park. The lobby is classic Miami. The lady at the front desk was super polite. Our room was small but clean. Drinks at the pool bar expensive. The pool area is very nice with expansive views.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Jay
"Nice enough but too costly for what you get"
Rooms have a small kitchen that is not equipped so hard to see how you could prepare even a simple breakfast despite full range and fridge. Bedroom part is small. Room is ok but not that great for 400. A night. Desk and concierge very helpful.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Dreary"
We went to Miami/Key west for 10 nights in October and stayed here the first two nights. The hotels in Miami beach were practically all booked so we decided to give this place a try. Mainly because when we booked it, we chose a room with a balcony with a view of the ocean. When we got there, the balcony was a view of the streets, no ocean. When we called the front desk to comment on this, they told us that there's no room with a view of the ocean due to construction and they upgraded us with a kitchenette. They said, take it or check out, in so many words. We would have checked out, but there weren't many hotels available that night, hence us choosing this hotel. Also, we booked only a week in advance and the construction was on-going for months. Why did they advertise a room with a view of the ocean? And why didn't they mention it when we checked in? After we succumb to this realization, we decided to just enjoy it, until the next morning. The construction was so noisy that it woke us up really early and the pool was closed.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Alex
"Renovarions CONTINUE- VERY disturbing noise"
This is the 2nd time i stat in thia hotel and have been COUGHT by the very anoying hammwring sounds every day! Again I missed the very small out of the way anouncement that Expedia haa in the wensite! I complained last time and will again now! They should make sure these hotels under constructions be widely announced
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Rafael
"Wonderful wedding weekend"
My son got married and some of the guests stay there including my son Chris. It's a beautiful hotel with great service clean rooms and a great few
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Cindy
"Wedding weekend"
Wedding event. My brother got married.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Everything was wonderful about our stay except for the wifi. Unless you want to upgrade to the premium wifi which is at least $10 per day, the complementary wifi is useless.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Upgraded room to beautiful room with balcony at no charge. Wonderful week stay hotel was definately accommodating.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"I felt ripped off when I left."
The biggest annoyance was parking. I had been told it was free parking when I ordered, it was not. Parking was $30/night, which there is a lot *right next door* that allows overnight parking for $12. Furniture wise : it's like everything in the hotel was amazing and top of the line in 1998, and they never upgraded from there. The neighborhood is amazing, you'll enjoy walking around the area.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Wonderful get away"
Was close to everything and a great location. We came from the Fairchild gardens for an orchid show and it was a great place to end the day and enjoy the views. Had drinks and appetizers at the bar and ate a wonderful dinner with Jazz music next door. After dinner strolled around all the shops etc. Perfect!
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
This is a return visit from same time last year. We enjoy the location and the amenities of the hotel. We stayed 5 nights. Overall great. Hotel service would have been higher if the front desk had said hello or looked up and smiled when we walked past them on the way in or out. Everyone else however was very hospitable.
5 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
"great service, hotel is ok"
Hotel overall was fine. Pretty expensive for what it was. Room was nice, had a kitchen in it. Lots of construction going on though so our balcony was kind of a mess. Good service, good location, but not worth the price, especially with construction on our side of the building.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"not quite 4 star hotel"
When i arrived, the staff was friendly and the location is great. I was upgraded to a much better room with a really nice view. My room smelled musty, so i had to ask them to do something about it. The response was great, they were quick to try to resolve the issue, however even after they tried, it still did not have a great smell. overall the room felt like it needed to be updated. it was nice enough, but for the price I would have expected a little more. When we checked out, we were going to try to get breakfast in the hotel, however the restaurant closed for half an hour to prepare for lunch time. (which happens to be at the exact moment of check-out time.)
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
jen
"Sonesta"
The Hotel was clean and convenient. The 8th floor deck had a very nice view.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Doug
"expedia not doing there job"
the room that was given to me by expedia was horrible because there was construction in the next room.per the hotel expedia was informed not to sale this room.per them expedia should give me a refund
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Beautiful bay views!"
Spectacular view of the bay and Coconut Grove, with wraparound balcony so there is a view from the bedroom, living room (one bedroom suite) and even a view from the shower! There was ample space for a rollaway bed in addition to the sleeper sofa. The kitchen was good-sized and there was a powder room for the guests staying in the living room, ensuite bathroom for the bedroom. There were two flat-screen TVs, one for the bedroom and one in the living room. Service was excellent for extra towels or whatever. The room was very clean and had no odor. The lobby of the hotel is infused with aromatics and is very pleasant to walk through. On the 8th floor, is the pool area, restaurants, and poolside cafe. This was a great place for drinks and appetizers, or whatever. The only negative was street noise. Even though we were on the 18th floor, we could still hear laughter and voices from below, cars, etc., but it was not terrible. The location is fabulous, within walking distance to bistros, bars, shopping, taco stands, boutiques, marina, parks, and a short drive to Key Biscayne or the Gables, or MIA. I would recommend this hotel. If you go during the height of the season, where all the hotels are extremely expensive, you might as well get a huge bang for your buck and have the fabulous view, and stay here.
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
NANCEY
"Great bay views"
Loved our room & view from the balcony. Spacious rooms, great location. Loved our stay!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Claudia
"Spring 2015"
We were visiting family in Miami. The address in Coconut Grove is both convenient and a great location. Lots of good restaurants and plenty of things to visit. The hotel has great views to the bay. Restaurant is fairly limited but lovely views. We only ate breakfast there one day and it was fine. The only strange thing is that they have just one ice machine for building guests, located on the ninth floor.
2 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
"Casual Elegance"
Sonesta is a stylish, elegant yet casual hotel, located at the end of Bayshore Blvd in Coral Gables. Beautiful views of Biscayne Bay and easy access to major sailing facilities, including Biscayne Bay YC, Coconut Grove YC, Coral Reef Sailing Club, Shake a Leg, etc. Rooms are clean, well-appointed and stylish. The air conditioning system in my room was a bit noisy when it first started but I got used to it and it wasn't an issue. Staff is very professional and courteous, from the parking valets and doormen, to the receptionists, housekeeping staff, and restaurant staff. Restaurant on the 8th floor is a bit small, but has a lovely outdoor patio with additional seating and a great view, by the pool. Only had breakfast and found the selection and quality acceptable. For the money, Sonesta is a very good value and I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Mr Pelicano
"Good option in the Grove"
Overnight on a trip from London to Mexico - it is in Coconut Grove, which is a fun area I much prefer to the Beach. The hotel is a little tired, but the staff are friendly and if you are a squash player FYI there are squash courts here. Green Street cafe (great breakfast venue) is three minutes walk away, as is Le Bouchon (French bitro - you won't go wrong).
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
"Sonesta Coconut Grove"
We spent seven days. Proximity to town and the Bay is excellent. And it's proximity to Miami and the beaches is very good. The rooms can use updating. There was rust on the outside of the refrigerator. Our top sheet on the bed had a whole in it. The balcony chairs awful. The beds - well they're not like the ones at the Ritz Carlton (around the corner). The hotel is under construction. The noise at times is unbearable - but at least it is contained with in the hours of 9 am to 5 pm. . You should check with the desk about construction before you make reservations. If you decide to head to the Ritz Carlton instead - check there about the construction noise as well. We moved from the Ritz to the Sonesta cause of the noise at the Ritz. Obviously, it didn't work. The kitchen area was functional and for the most part clean. The staff is friendly enough.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Mitchel
"Do not stay here!"
Unhelpful staff No Wi Fi signal in room Part under construction By far the worst value for money ever
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Lovely restaurant"
We loved the food at the restaurant. Great bed. Only problem is the valet parking--staff seems untrained for the job.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Alex
"Nice hotel with helpful staff."
The guests were friendly; the facilities were clean and well-maintained. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
The Sonesta is In a great location in Coconut Grove with nice restaurants and shopping near by. It is well kept and in very good condition. The rooms are nice and clean with very comfortable beds and fine linens. The pools and hot are well cared for and have a great view of Biscaine Bay.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Construction !"
Expedia did NOT inform that Sonesta has ongoing construction work. Extrememely & distressingly noisy drills & hammering which reverberates inside the walls. Outside work which is noisier inside ! Very patient staff dealing with multitudes of complaining guests. They did try to accommodate us, gave us earplugs & changed our room. However Sonesta rooms & hallways have ambience of an old propery & do not rate as a four star hotel. Bathrooms are very old fashioned, huge beds too big for rooms. Hotel staff are FIVE star & deserve to work in a property with greater earning potential ! Expedia find NOT inform that disabled access rooms are infact 'efficiencies' equipped with full kitchens ! Full sized range, dishwasher & noisy old refrigerater ! NOT a room for a hour star hotel Not Vegas standard at all !!
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
vegaslass
"Comfortable with high quality service. Good value."
I had stayed at this hotel in the past and so was pleased to find a room available just a few days before my travel. The hotel staff greeted me warmly, my room was not too cold. I had room service that was prompt with good food. Check out was simple.
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
"Great location but a bit loud"
The staff was really great. They were very nice and accommodating. Very helpful. The hotel is very well located, right next to shops and restaurants an also across the sailing club. Very safe. The only thing is that those streets get busy at night and there was a Puerto Rican party so we heard loud music until late at night. Not sure how often that happens. Still, we were very happy with the hotel. Breakfast was very good though no buffet. We were able to leave our luggage at the front desk after we checked out with no problem. Same for our car.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Gemma
"Great choice"
Thoroughly enjoyable and comfortable
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
Antoinette
"Orange Bowl / New Years Eve"
My husband and I along with his daughter n law and son stayed from dec 30-1st. Though we were not there for the New Years Eve celebration the staff provided all guests with a champagne toast on a roof top balcony over looking the fireworks!! The staff was amazing and made you feel like family. Great priced rooms and so reasonably priced. We will be back. Happy New year!
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Karissa
"Who needs a big kitchen in their room"
Excellent location but hotel could use some freshening up. I didn't ask for a kitchen in my room but it came with one that took up too much of the space in the room. The poor service seems kinda standard in Miami.
3 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
tim
Nothing of what was requested was ready or available. The excuse of the hotel was that everything was Expedia´s fault. The room size was very small and unconfortable.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
La Kika
"Clean and spacious rooms"
Service was great, the rooms were clean and spacious, I would definitely recommend staying here!
2 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"would stay there again"
Very nice hotel! We lovedthe pool! The staff was very helpful and the room was quite spacious. The only issue was that the room was ADA compliant, which is great, but the only mirror was angled downwards, making using it a bit gymnastic.
7 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Great location, very nice staff"
5 Days, 2 rooms, In and out a lot. Very good front desk and valet service. Restaurant staff friendly, food good.
5 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Jon
"Orange Bowl Regatta 2014"
Thank you to the pool staff!!
4 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
mary
"Nice room"
huge room, overall enjoyed our stay but it was very noisy outside until 3am due to location unfortunalety
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"Beautiful facility attentive staff very secure"
Fabulous!! Decorated for Christmas in an elegant fashion. Hotel staff very courteous.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Anne
My husband is disabled and no handicapped access was offered to the lobby.he had to climb the entry steps. The room was dirty. We asked for a pitcher of ice water at 10:00 pm and was told that they could not help with the request. I wanted the manager to call me at home but have not heard from him after one week.
"Beautiful hotel in the heart of Coconut Grove."
This hotel really is a beauty. It is currently under renovation so the bay rooms weren't available. The staff was wonderful. I asked for a room with a balcony and was given that room with no problems. Would stay again and again.
Nice hotel one block away from coconut grove. Rooms a little small and some of the furniture is dated but was nice and clean. Friendly staff.
igatev
"Coconut Grove Hotel"
The hotel is close to the Coco Walk and busy streets so if noise is an issue with sleeping this is not your hotel. The room are basic and in need of maintenance. The maid service is in need of training to clean the whole room not just the middle. On our last night after moving the couch we noticed a cockroach in the furniture which is unacceptable for a hotel priced at this level. Very disappointing stay at this hotel...had to even change rooms which did not help the noise issue since doors to not shut and seal and some windows are only single panes.. They also need to monitor the floors since lots of stuff was going on in the halls not family friendly.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014