All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1015 Navarro Street, San Antonio, TX, 78205, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Quaint but inconvenient"
I appreciate a small inn and one off the beaten path, but this place lacks basic amenities needed for a comfortable stay: bellman, coffee maker or coffee available, any shelf or place to set anything down in bathroom, closet, place to set your luggage, etc. My room had an extra seating area but it was too small to be useable. Staying here is a lot like staying at a friend's or relatives's place but it wasn't free (or even cheap). I won't return.
2 night business trip Dec 4, 2013
We love staying at Hotel Havana and her sister hotels (St.Cecelia & San Jose) in Austin. We had friends meet us for drinks & delicious appetizers( quesidillas,guacumole) at Ocho. Staff was friendly and accomodating..try the warm banana bread with peanut butter & bananas for breakfast..great coffeee,too
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
Lynn
"live in a 1940's film"
Just loved the soul of Havanna Hotel. Must be adventurous and not interested in a vanilla hotel. My kind of place. Just think a working 1940's refrigerator as the bar. But only hooks for clothes. Fabulous restaurant and basement bar and terrific bed. I will stay whenever in San Antonio!
2 night business trip Nov 10, 2013
Rebecca
"Nice vintage hotel"
Nice old hotel near Riverwalk. Dicey neighborhood to walk through to get Riverwalk. Great place to stay but avoid the food on premises. Food is really bad and outrageously priced.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2013
"Gorgeous hotel"
Loved the hotel, and overall location is good. Our room however was not so clean, and came with a pair of used mens' underwear under the bed! We also paid the $17 for parking, only to come back later in the evening and have no spot. It was recommended (it was already 12 am), that we check back in a couple of hours and see if there was a spot to move our car into. We had no problem with the concept of limited parking, but if you are going to charge $17 a night then there should be some perk associated with that.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
"Very quaint, unique hotel!"
The Hotel Havana is located away from the touristy section of the River Walk but it is right on the walk and is well worth the few minutes it takes to get to the heart of the action. The hotel is extremely CLEAN, the room was comfortable and the restaurant was delicious (get the banana bread for breakfast!). This is not a brand name, big box hotel - it is definitely a boutique hotel that someone has put a lot of money into so keep that in mind if quirky is not your thing.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
Window5
"Eclectic Hotel right on Riverwalk"
A step back in time, even an art deco refrigerator that was fully stocked in the room. A neat glass atrium overlooking Riverwalk serves as the bar and restaurant. Good Cuban flavored breakfast. Unfortunately, our room was adjacent to this bar and it was noisy late at night and we were kept awake by the noise. Parking on property, however, we were not told up front of $ 17 parking fee, not surprising as other hotels also charge. We would stay there again, just not near or just above the bar. We were in early and felt the desk person could have given us a more satisfying room. Stay away from room 13. One wonders if this room is assigned mainly to Expedia bookings? The area seemed fairly safe.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
Transplanted Ta
"Favorite place in San Antonio!"
I stay at the Hotel Havana every time I need to travel to San Antonio for work. I love this hotel. The staff are friendly, the rooms are such a treat, and the restaurant is delicious! I'll be back again for sure.
2 night business trip Oct 7, 2013
Miranda
"Old hotel, needs upgrades."
Our room was right above the restaurant, separated only by two huge single-pane windows and as a result was very noisy at times. The combination bath tub/shower was slippery and there was nothing to hold on to. They charged me $17 per day to park our car and neglected to tell me that they provided a free shuttle downtown, as I discovered on their web page after we got home. The staff was pleasant and the restaurant was quite good (but expensive). We did not have a BAD experience, but I would stay elsewhere next time.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Hotel Havana heaven !"
Like stepping back in time, but with modern comforts! Steps from the River Walk, great bar! Bikes to rent, safe parking, and right downtown.
1 night trip Sep 23, 2013
"Wonderful hotel!"
Unique historic hotel. It was very clean, the staff was friendly, great amenitites. There are several verandas, which was an added bonus! We loved using the verandas to sit outside & spend time with friends. It is located within walking distance of so much that we walked everywhere. I highly recommend!
2 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2013
"Good location for getting on to River Walk"
Nice place if you like the Bed and Breakfast style place. Restaurant and bar were unique and tasty. The river walk district is about a 10 minute walk. Room was small w/ no closet space, but nice, clean and cool.
2 night trip Sep 15, 2013
"One of my top 5 hotel experiences-ever"
The most beautiful unique hotel this side of the border. If you can afford it stay in a suite- you will not be disappointed. Also- visiting the bar and restaurant is a must. They are a sight for the eyes to see.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2013
SW
"Hotel Havana"
Great hotel, wonderful location. My fault with the room. It was tiny, no closet, no drawers, no chairs. Shower had no door, just a decorative metal half wall. Water all over the floor, after showering, even with being careful. Bed was soft and lumpy and didn't sit flush against the wall, so you had a foot of empty space that the thin pillows kept slipping into. Staff brought two additional pillows per our request, but neither had pillow cases.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"I've got a secret in San Antonio"
If lyou want Retro, this is it! Good thing I did not have a screwdriver, the swinging coat hooks are totally cool! What a deal right on the River Walk but word to the wise, After dark: return via River Walk, Navarro Street starts to "Come Alive" at dusk. "Bad grade" (4) on maintanence: There was an annoying vibration, with the A/C running, in Room 35, seems a Kleenex edged under the side of the Mirror on the Bathroom door solved it! Kleenex may still be there!!!! HA! Amen.Thanks for a great night, again, in San Antonio
1 night trip Sep 3, 2013
"Beautiful spot away from tourist side of Riverwalk"
Excellent experience, great downstairs bar with good drinks- don't miss Ocho for brunch
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
christy
"Unique Hotel"
I enjoyed my stay with the following exceptions: (1) the first room given to me would not cool down. When I reported the problem to hotel front desk, I was given a different room; (2) at 3:30 am hotel staff were talking and walking outside my room. The noise woke me up. The hotel has wood floors and you can hear everything. Suggest you wear wax earplugs during night.; (3) the front desk personnel was always o the phone. Made me wait 7 minutes to check in with no one else in the lobby. When inside my room, I tried calling the front desk 3 times. Each time the phone was never answered so I had to walk down to the front desk. ; (4) If you'd like ice in the room, there aren't any self-serve ice machines. Front desk personnel must get the ice for you.
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2013
"fun hotel by riverwalk"
this was such a great hotel experience for us...from the beautiful old wood floors and staircase to the funky eclectic funiture to the lovely open aired porches. this hotel delivers! the whole time my husband and i felt like we were staying at some of our hip friends house and not a hotel. all the rooms are different and our bed was very comfortable. lots of people complain about no closet but this didn't really bother me...figure i could have asked for some more hangers, if needed, to hang on the hooks. also, no coffee maker in room but also, this didn't bother me, b/c the coffee we had sent up to the room was fantastic. the restaurant, ocho, is a beautiful greenhouse! food and drinks were super and decor is right up my alley. the bar in the basement is very dimmly lit...which was cool but we ended up not hangout out there only bc we were busy doing other things. the hotel staff was very accomadating. we were driving in late after a long 10 hours on the road and i had read about the construction behind the hotel and asked to be placed in a room on the south/west side (which they did) and the noise was not a problem for us. we are certainly ruined and it will be hard to ever stay in a box hotel again. did i mention the lovely body products called red flower...just so nice. oh yeah, we didn't take our kids this time- if we ever do, i'd consider getting a room on the 1st fl bc the floors are old and creeky so not to disturb other guests. you know how kids like to jump around
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
jojo
"out of the way and special"
Nice to be on the river but a little apart. Love the older charm hate cookie cutter hotels
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Stay"
If u r not looking for the typical hotel room this is the place to stay. The hotel has a feel of Cuba / Puerto Rico of the 50s. No ammenities other than free wiifi. Next to the river walk and it was nice to be able to walk any where and not have to worry about driving Will stay again if I'm in the San Antonio area
3 night romance trip Jul 31, 2013
Jorge
"Hotel Havana"
Excellent hotel with unique charm and atmoshpere.
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2013
"The beautiful finale of our trip"
This was our second stay at the Hotel Havana. We LOVE this place. We had just returned from our vacation and to ease the return to real-life Monday, I booked a Saturday night stay. Best hotel of our entire vacation--love the roominess, the bed, the windows, the high ceilings, the view, the bathrobes, the quirky fridge, the bar, the restaurant, the amenities. I'm not a fan of chains, but I wish the Havana had been in the city where we spent our vacation.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Brenda
"Good choice right on Riverwalk"
The hotel was just fine, an old mansion. Everything is vintage. Room was large albeit a little rickety. No closet, a bit annoying. Great location right on Riverwalk. The restaurant for breakfast was fine 'tho service one day was very slow. Wifi worked fine
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Dicjk
"Romantic Getaway - Great staff"
My husband and I had a wonderful stay. The staff was more than amazing and friendly and helpful. This isn't a very kid friendly hotel as they do not have a pool but the Riverwalk is right there - no need for a car as your close to everything you need. Aside from the crabby bartender - we had a wonderful stay and plan on going back again soon!
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2013
Stacey
"Construction"
The hotel was nice - spare aesthetic like their Austin hotels but comfortable, eclectic and well done. There is, however, major construction right behind the hotel and so construction noise starting early in the morning - not so relaxing on a leisure trip.
2 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2013
We really enjoyed our stay at the Havana Hotel. We loved the decor and the fact that it has stayed true to the age of the building. The food was excellent and the staff were professional and friendly.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
"Great hotel with lots of character."
It was nice to stay in a hotel with so much character, older hotel, but rooms are clean and comfortable, staff were friendly and very helpful. The restaurant, Ocho, was great, good food, staff were terrific. The location is good, right in town, with parking available.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
J&T
"Wonderful Quaint Historic Hotel"
I love the hotel Havana. It doesn't have the amenities of all the gleaming Riverwalk Hotels, but it is in a quiet peaceful part of the Riverwalk and it has a great historic feel and character.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2013
Ken
Beautiful annd romantic place to stay that is located within walking distance of the riverwalk and all the attractions of downtown. The Alamo, ripleys believe or not.
2 night trip Jul 1, 2013
Billy W
"Very pleasant stay"
The attached restaurant, Ocho, is world-class, worth the stay in itself. The interesting breakfasts were worth the additional expense of not having breakfast. Very interesting bar downstairs. Nice to be a bit away from the downtown restaurant/hotel area, but only 10 min walk, or water taxi to go there.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
Toby
"Hotel Havana"
Spent 3 nights at the hotel and had a very pleasant experience. The attention to detail was superb. I felt like I was in Cuba back in the late 40s or early 50s. The restaurant and bar had a great atmosphere..
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
"Close to Riverwalk"
We loved this retro hotel; the keys real keys, not cards! Best of all, Riverwalk is just across the street & down the stairs.
2 night trip Jun 19, 2013
"San Antonio getaway"
Loved the ambiance of this historic 100 yr old hotel. It was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The only drawback is there is not closet and the lighting in the bathroom was too dim to apply makeup well. Maybe a makeup mirror and an armoire would be good additions. Probably would not be a good choice for families with small children.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
Becky
"Awesome Havana"
My wife and I love this hotel in San Antonio, Texas. We enjoy the friendly service, finely appointed rooms and OCHO restaurant by the River. Check it out.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2013
"Interesting hotel but..."
The hotel is located 3 blocks out if the river walk and walking there is sketchy ( I woul not walk at night around there ), the bathroom are very old ( not updated so not my thing) I stayed in the first floor so it was a lot of noise from people walking to the restaurant and the upper room ( you could hear her walking and taking a showe) one thing that I did enjoy a lot was there restaurant and underground bar.. Great tapas and drinks ... !!
2 night business trip Jun 10, 2013
Marte
"Quaint, no frills but just right!"
Clean, quiet, yet conviently located on the less busy part of the river walk. All that you would expect in a 100+ year old guest house. Lots of character in each room, but with all the updated conveniences.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Perfect getaway for couples!"
Absolutely beautiful historic hotel! Wonderful, friendly staff. My favorite hotel in SA. Plus, Ocho is amazing! A must stay! And it's on the quiet side of the Riverwalk. Perfect!
Other trip Jun 6, 2013
Pierce
"far off the beaten path"
location at the far end of the riverwalk. Easily a 10-15 minute walk to any food or drink. The hotel had a small, limited menu in their restaurant, and there is nothing nearby. We kept turning up the thermastat but the room was so cold, especially when the air came on. Not their fault,but there was a major construction project going on right next door that started at 7am. Not our best hotel stay in some time.
Other trip May 8, 2013
dianne
"Great funky hotel."
This is a great place to stay unless you don't like the sound of creaky old wood floors. Any place that has orange refrigerators in the rooms can't be a bad place. Location on the quiet end of the Riverwalk is perfect. A 5 minute walk puts you right in the middle of all the great food, and shopping. SanAntonio is one well oiled, and clean machine. The whole place is impressive.
4 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2013
Jodi & Bob
"Retro Flair"
My girlfriend and I stayed here during the Fiesta celebration, and we were very impressed with the ambience. The vintage decor and background Cuban music made us feel like we were stepping back in time to 1950's Havana. The location is great and we were pleased with the hospitality and helpfulness of the front desk staff. We would book another romantic stay there in a New York minute!
3 night romance trip Apr 19, 2013
"Charming hotel. Old facilities."
The hotel has an old style charm! It has a convenient location on the river walk and it has a good restaurant. The staff is excellent and very supporting. The rooms are less convenient than modern hotels.
Other trip Apr 26, 2013
Jay
"A bit of a walk to the convention center"
I enjoyed the history of the hotel and love the furnishings. Ocho was GREAT! Great access to River Walk.
3 night business trip Apr 20, 2013
"Havana is on it's way to being a hit."
We loved the location - on river but away from the hubbub. Nice bar/dining area but a little pricey. Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was nice but needed a few other amenities to get a better rating. With these additions it would be great - A large/long mirror (only had a small mirror over bath sink), comfy chair, better lighting in the bathroom (two dim bulbs) and another towel bar in the bathroom.
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
"A boutique hotel that struggles"
Its an old building which is nice, but it allows noise to travel from other rooms and facility rooms. I was not able to get a good nights sleep because the generator under my room made noise, i could hear the guest upstairs snoring, and i could here sounds from the lobby and outside of the hotel. In addition, the hotel advertised free parking for a rate lower than what i paid on Hotels.Com. But, when I checked in I was informed that parking would be an additional $17 a night. I looked around town and the average rate was $8 for comparable parking. Its cute looking hotel, but falls short everywhere else. There are many other options in the area that would be a better choice. I contacted the hotel about my experience and they never returned my email to discuss the experience. Its possible that they might not care.
2 night business trip Feb 25, 2013
Somebody must of been taking a shower at night because pipes "sang".Our king bed needed a new mattress; we both went "to the middle".
2 night trip Mar 8, 2013
"Stay away if you're a light sleeper"
Hotel Havana was everything highlighted by other reviewers: funky, great location on the RiverWalk but away from the madness, nice-to-have restaurant on the property. BUT for us there was a major negative. We didn't get a good night's sleep during our stay due to the creaking floors and the fact that sound travels from all over the hotel right into our room. Other guests coming in late invariably woke us up. I could even hear staff talking at all hours at the front desk even though we were on the second floor. To make things worse our room was adjacent to the second floor balcony and we had to ask other guests a couple of times who were having late night conversations on the balcony to please move. We bought ear plugs after the first night, not much better, just too noisy. Parking was $17 a night. We won't be back.
Other trip Mar 10, 2013
"The best secret in San Antonio"
OMG-this was an amazing hotel. Very historic and lots of history. It was an easy beautiful 5-10 walk to the riverwalk/the water taxi can also pick you up and drop you off at the hotel. The food and drinks at the hotel were good kind a pricey and you may not want to open the fridge because it was stocked and those too were pricey. But, overall the staff was really nice and friendly and it was nice then staying in a regular hotel all the time. And we got a great deal on the rate.
2 night trip Mar 3, 2013
Denise
"Love Havana!"
Cool place to stay on business! Small, intimate and they offer great service.
Other trip Mar 6, 2013
"Great Hotel with Old World Charm"
We absolutely loved our stay at the Hotel Havana in San Antonio, Texas. This is an old hotel, built in the 1920's, that has been updated without losing its charm. You know you are in a unique setting when they hand you a key for the room, not a key card. We stayed in one of the Queen rooms. There were large wooden shutters on the windows, full refrigerator ( which also doubled as the mini bar, but plenty of room to put your own food or drinks), furniture that appeared to come from an earlier time, and one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in in a hotel. The only drawback at all is the bathroom is rather dark. The attached restaurant, Ocho, served great food with impeccable service and the downstairs bar is furnished with comfy couches and low lighting for a romantic late evening drink or snack. The staff was extremely nice and provided excellent service. The hotel was on the River Walk and within easy walking distance of the main attractions of San Antonio. If walking isn't your preferred mode of transportation there was a city bike rental rack right at the hotel. You check out a bike, ride it to one of the numerous bike stops, all near attractions, check it in and then check out a bike again to go to the next stop. We had a great time doing that one day. There is a river taxi stop near the hotel as well. The River Walk made a great shortcut to restaurants and bars if you wanted to get out of the hotel. A great place to stay !
Other trip Mar 2, 2013
"New area of the Riverwalk right at the hotel"
Excellent hotel, would stay here again and again. If walking toward the Alamo, skip the walk by Travis Park and just take the new section of the Riverwalk the entire way.... it practically comes right by the hotel.
2 night business trip Feb 26, 2013