All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
1630 Pacific Ave, San Francisco, CA, 94109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Average"
Location wasn't too bad, and onsite parking which is great for Sanfran but other than that it was average not terrible but not overly remarkable
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Katy
Was excellent
1 night trip with friends Jan 18, 2015
"Very nice and very clean."
Helpful clerks,parking was great , the only negative was the continental breakfast. But the rest was wonderful.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
sandy
"Would stay here again!"
It was clean & comfortable and in a good neighborhood. Also the parking was free!! It was very reasonably priced at the time that we visited.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
lynnette
"Review"
The hotel was worth the price we paid. We had a nice time staying there. We found enoigh parking space at the inn even though it was full. We plan to come back again sometime soon again when visiting San Francisco.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Rolf
"The Good the Bad & 1 month old Costo Bagels"
The hotel is located in the Russian Hill District in San Francisco, steps away from Polk Street where you will find cafe's, restaurants and assorted shops. Or walk a block east to Hyde Street and catch the cable car down to Fisherman's or up to Union Square. As for the accommodations it is what the name says it is - a "Motor Inn". Nothing fancy but in an above average location in that you won't be located in a bad part of town. Your stay comes with your usual Costco provided Continental breakfast, serving bagels so thin you could use them for frisbees and so old they could quite possibly be sent to the Smithsonian. Month old bear claws also served with your choice of Orange juice, Coffee or Tea and fresh from the laboratory, powdered cream to stir inside your beverage of choice. As for the rooms - run of the mill, dated, yet clean and comfortable enough for a nights stay or two with wireless internet that was actually adequate. And the lady at the check in was efficient and nice enough but the gentleman during check out had the customer service skills and personality of wilted lettuce!
1 night trip Jan 15, 2015
gary
"Not too far from the piers"
Easy to find. Free parking. Nice rooms, LARGE and clean. Fridge & microwave. Great staff.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
BJ
"incredible value"
the room was amazing for the price. The media equipment was top notch. parking was free. I was just a bit disappointed with the clerk's attitude during the registration. My credit card did not have my name imprinted because my original card was lost and this card was issued to me as an immediate replacement while waiting for the new card, so understandably, it would not be able to be used and though I had already paid for the room in full, a card was needed to hold against any room charges that may be incurred during the stay. I had another card, but it was a load as you go debit card and I had to call the card company to see what my balance was. When i discovered there were not sufficient funds to cover the required deposit, the clerk's attitude towards me became less than warm and friendly. I had to ask if it would be possible to leave a cash deposit, and he then offered that solution. A $200.00 deposit would be sufficient, which meant I had to find a bank in order to cash a check that I had with me. He was all but helpful in directing me to a local bank. It was an embarrassing situation and I would have expected a bit more graciousness. But the room was so great and the other staff interactions more than made up for this one unfortunate interaction.
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
Tony
"Our trip to San Francisco"
We had a fantastic time at the hotel and people working there were very friendly and helpful. Safe neighborhood also, free parking, great location, great service.
2 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
Vreny
It was a good experience ,thanks for all ,it was the best one.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Lovely staff!"
Stayed here for 4 nights. Staff are amazing and super helpful. Location is really good lots of cool places about. Little bit like Stoke Newington in London if any Londoners are interested
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
beck
Everything was clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Good location and nice neighborhood"
Great staff - very helpful! Rooms were clean and cared for, but worn out. Stayed with my kids (ages 8-12) and they loved the donuts for breakfast! Great location to Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, $10 taxi or half hour walk.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Mom and 3 kids
"Clean & Convenient place to sleep"
Great location!!! Free parking, which is REALLY hard to find in SF. Nothing fancy, but nice and clean. Free pretty fast wi fi. I would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
"Only if you need free parking!"
Hotel did not match up to reviews or pictures but overall was clean. Rooms were old style and the bed was saggy. Breakfast offering was very minimal and no where to sit down. Instant coffee - in San Francisco - REALLY? Great location though and free parking was a positive
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"Clean, conveniently located"
Conveniently located, very nice, clean hotel. Free parking is a bonus. This is our second stay there and we have no complaints. It's older and the view is lacking but we didn't go to SF to hang out in our room, we went to play.
1 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2014
"Bang for your San Francisco Buck"
We found this older motel to be just fine in the Hayes valley area. Our room was plenty large for 2 people with a king bed. Flat screen was large, but not HD. (But would imagine you're not in SF to watch TV!) Old, slow elevator was not a problem. Room was clean and the shower/tub combo was adequate, although a bit outdated. Everything was clean and was cleaned the second day to our satisfaction. We were on the back side, away from the street (Pacific) so we did not notice any street noise. At about $100. per night, it is pretty good bang for the buck in San Fran. There were several nice shops and restaurants within easy walking distance. We found "Taps" pub a few blocks away where the food and service were incredible. A half block from the motel is a very nice coffee/sandwich shop with a great selection of gourmet cheeses and an eclectic mix of goodies. We will stay here again.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Terry
Comfortable hotel with free parking if you are driving into the city.
1 night business trip Dec 12, 2014
"It will do..."
This room served it's purpose. It was very small and smellsmelled musty. Visually, it looked clean. Pros, affordable, free parking and friendly staff. For the price, I would stay again if I had to.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
"Small hotel and close to Fisherman's wharf"
This hotel is small and has only one elevator. The free parking was wonderful and the free breakfast was just OK. Instant coffee is not what I expected. The rooms are just average with little outside light (one window). Friday morning's are garbage day and the city workers / equipment will wake you up at 5 am.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
Ralph
The room was very nice, and very clean. The bathroom was very clean. One of the best hotels I stayed at
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
A
Nice place
2 night romance trip Dec 2, 2014
Daniela
"Good staff and good parking."
Very pleasant stay. Very friendly and helpful staff. I would stay again.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Bhavesh
"Comfortable night's rest"
Free parking, great location for walking--real walking, exploring a city. Clean, comfortable, pretty spacious room for 2 people exploring northern San Francisco.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Great for price, excellent location. Friendly and helpful staff, would recommend.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"A god motel in a good location"
It is a motel, everyone has a spot to park a car. And it is in a walking distance from San Francisco points of interest.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Andrei
"Bad soundproof"
The location is close to some famous sights but the room's soundproof is bad.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Jace
"good 2* hotel"
very reasonably priced hotel in the heart of sanfo!
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
otep
"Very reasonably priced"
Hotel was very reasonably priced for the area. Walking distance to many location. Staff was very friendly.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Nick
Arrived early about noon, before room was ready. They let us park for free. Left the car and rode the Cable car from California & Vaness down town and on to the wharf. Didn't get back until 9:30 checked us in an one room was upgraded. Friendly folks...good value.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Really good"
We got to the hotel at 3:00am and our room was not ready, but the lady in the front desk was really nice. 10 minutes later the room was ready and really clean.
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
maria
"A great little place to stay"
Nob Hill is a sweet little place to stay when you're in San Francisco -- clean, comfortable, reasonably priced, with off-street parking and a staff that is more than helpful. Plus, it's centrally located to most of the city's top attractions and yet -- unlike most places I've stayed when I'm in the city -- it's also in a quiet pocket of town so nights there are not disrupted by the noise of traffic or drunken tourists.
3 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
"Wont be going back."
Rented two rooms for one night mid-week. We had six people. Price was ok for overpriced SF. The problem was our room (#103) had been saturated with Lysol prior to us opening the door. Maybe someone had been smoking in that room, I don't know. Smelled horrible. Sleeping in that environment was terrible. I checked the other room I rented for my wife and her sisters (#227), and it smelled ok if slightly musty. But the next day my wife said they weren't comfortable either. I don't understand the high ratings. We must have got the only two crappy rooms in the place.
"Overall value"
Great location for price! Quality of rooms was excellent for price; a very positive experience.
Hotel was clean. Staff very helpful. Good location.
"Great location, so-so service"
This hotel is pretty close to a lot of things, which is its best feature. I arrived at 10:30am and was promptly told I was too early and to come back later. The lobby is tiny, with nowhere to seat. You do have to leave no matter what. At least they let me leave my stuff on a room in the back. By the time I returned at 3:00pm they had upgraded me to a suite, but I had to wait another 45mins for it to be ready. I was not happy about that. The rooms seemed old, but the bed was good and everything worked. The "breakfast" that's included is more like glorified snacks, but if you're not picky, they'll do. In fact, in this hotel, if you're not picky, everything goes okay. The girl who was at the desk the next day was plenty helpful, and I had no real problems here. As another guest told me while I waited, "It's not the Ritz". If you're looking for a place to crash while doing the sightings, this place will do perfectly. If you want stellar service and great amenities, go somewhere else.
"Lets FLY!!!"
The front dest was great... There were some sort of flies all over our room.. We told the front dest and he had us check out room 115 which also had flies ( looked like friut flies) we disnt want the hastle of trying to get another hotel last minute... The guy at the front was helpful, not really sure there was anything he coiuld do!
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
"good"
The first day I got there was not so good because I called at 5 am to check if they had a room available they did and when I got there the guy told me I called to early that I woke him up, I travel from Anaheim California to San Francisco and the welcome wasn't so good they the house keeping lady didn't even say good morning. I believe the personal should be more nice and friendly to the People
1 night family trip Nov 16, 2014
Damaris
"Very pleased."
Clean, comfortable, great neighborhood, friendly staff, FREE parking, and centrally located. I will be coming back to stay here.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Antonio
We had a very pleasant experience. Loved the free and secure parking. Staff was great.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
"Throwback to being poor in the 80's"
The exterior and landscaping has been spiffed up recently, it appears. Not so the rooms, with ancient 80's flowered bedspreads and pink and grey color scheme in bathroom. You could hear every footstep and sneeze from all the surrounding rooms thru the creaky, thin floors and walls. But everything worked, including free Wi-Fi. The staff was excellent, every one. Breakfast set up unworkable, with instant coffee, green fruit you had to ask for and no spreads of any sort for the Bread/toast. Go to one of the many nearby places either directon on Polk Street.
3 night family trip Nov 2, 2014
"An excelente hotel"
Excelent hotel and place.
2 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Luz Mabel
"Great hotel, serves the purpose."
I had an interview in San Francisco, and I was looking for a hotel nearby. Nob Hill fit the bill. The staff was GREAT and the room served the purpose (a place to sleep); however, don't expect extra amenities. Also, if you rent a car, get a compact one; otherwise, you might have a difficult time parking, as parking spaces are extremely narrow. The last piece of advice, might be good for San Francisco overall (rookie mistake).
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Interviewee
Free parking, great spot, cable car to fisherman swarf, not far from main scenic spots.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Terry
"key cards"
The room was fine. We did have a problem with the key card' if we would leave the room; we could not get back in. We would have to get the clerk to open the door. That was not satisfactory. In my opinion. And they never gave us an explanation?
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
"Would highly recommend"
Clean, great value, friendly service. A bit outdated, but for the price it can't be beat.
1 night family trip Oct 19, 2014
Lori
"Would stay again!"
We were surprised to get a room upgrade being that it was World series in S.F. Staff were very warm and friendly.
2 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Room was a bit dated but clean and comfortable. Desk clerk was very helpful with giving us pizza places to order from and directions etc. and allowing our car to remain parked there the next day while we took a bus to the pier as the parking is expensive at the pier.
1 night family trip Oct 13, 2014
Len & Doreen
"Love this place"
I loved the place, a GREAT value. The hotel room was spacious, the fridge and microwave were a nice surprise along with the great service by the hotel staff. If you are looking for reasonable accommodations and need or want to have your car with you, look no further this place is excellent. Did I mention that the rooms are quite, even on Saturday night.
1 night trip Oct 24, 2014
"just OK"
It was a room! I did expect more! free parking was a nice thing! The heater/ AC malfunction that turned the room into a sauna not so good!
1 night family trip Oct 20, 2014