All hotels in Orlando, Florida, United States of America
7800 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL, 32819, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"top notch"
nice clean hotel close to parks
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Nice hotel, good location"
I had a good experience here for the second time. The pool area is nice and the room was clean. It's also in a great location, don't have to go far if you want to shop or go to universal.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you Samantha (BTW I am also from St. Augustine) Your 4 star rating and kind words are certainly appreciated. visit again and soon. Only a 2 hour drive!
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Samantha
"Good Place, Great Localization, Good service"
Great service, good rooms and modern infrastructure.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Abraham
"Hit or miss"
I stayed at this hotel a year ago and I had better accommodations then. I think I got very unlucky and got the room with the stained carpet and clogged sink. It also had a smell of mildew mixed with a faint smell of bleach which bothered my sinuses. When I asked for a room change the guest service rep seemed exasperated like she was doing me a favor by changing rooms. The second room smelt even worse so I had to stay in my original room since the hotel was booked full. Not my best experience there.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
DisneyFan
"Will stay here again"
Very nice place to stay. Very clean and professional. What a crown plaza should be.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Dear Robert from Atlanta, Thank you for reaching out and taking the time to rate your visit with us. We do appreciate the 4 star review and your kind words about the clean and professioinal environment. I hope you can visit again soon.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"too much traffic to get on the highway"
I booked my Hotel through Expedia and it was confirmed that i will get two queen bed and when i checked in Hotel gave me a handicapped room. i requested to change it because i did not like the bathroom there was a handicapped chair attached to the wall and no place to put soap and shampoo . manager was very rude with me and she told me because I booked through Expedia she cant help me. Bathroom curtain was looks like I am in the nursing home.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for sharing. I am sorry that we were not able to provide alternative accommodations with two beds. Due to our sold out status the only room we had available with the two queen beds was the accessible one. It is disappointing that you found the FD Mgr to be rude instead of less empatheic. The bath curtain is the standard for the entire hotel, not just the accessible rooms.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Close proximity to everything including international drive and football stadium.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for the review and the 4 star rating. I do hope your team won during one of the two bowl games played. In any event I trust you have a wonderful visit.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Do not recommend this hotel!"
We do not recomend this hotel! The rooms are old and very uncomfortable, the shower was durty and the staff was very unfriendly. Never going back there
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. We pride ourselves on a clean and well maintained hotel and more importantly a friendly and responsive staff. I am sorry that we let you down.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"Speedy check-in and out."
My husband and I have stayed at the Crown Plaza on Universal Blvd. in Orlando, FL twice. We have stayed at others hotels and resorts but the stay and experience were not as pleasant. Great staff.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you Jean from Tally, I sincerely appreciate you coming back to us. We do thank you for your loyalty.
Jean
"New years visit"
We stayed in the executive level and it was smaller than we expected. The complementary breakfast did not include hot bacon or eggs. It was just bread and fruit. However the staff was pleasant.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"A sofa bed instead of a queen bed ???"
I requested a two queen bed room, instead they gave me a 1 queen and a sofa bed, when I complained they told me that the sofa bed was a size of the queen so it qualified as a 2 queen bed room, hey. !! But everybody knows that a sofa bed isn't the same as a real queen bed!!
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for sharing. I have met with the Front Office Manager to ensure her team correctly describes the bedding offered in our Jr. Queen Suites. I am very sorry for the confusion and do appreciate your business. I hope you allow us another opportunity to be your host.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Alex
"great hotel close to CityWalk"
our experience was great from the minute we walked into the lobby the staff was very helpful and the valet jim was fantastic..he answered all my questions about the area and pointed us in the right direction for restaurants around the hotel...the room was very comfortable and had a great view..thank all of you at Crowne Plaza..will definitely be back..
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Good hotel close to the parks."
The room was comfortable. The free wi-fi was not working. The food was not that good. We basically slept there. We were out most of the time. The a/c needs to be in a different place other than blowing on my head. Good hotel, but some things need to be looked over.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Great beds best value quality and accommodating."
The rooms were clean the beds very comfortable and the staff accommodating. The restaurant was a surprise in that the food was excellent and not overpriced. We Will Definitely return.
2 night romance trip Dec 10, 2014
Rune
"One night in town for an event"
Great stay, would recommend to anyone!
1 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014
Ashley
Was a great stay for a trade show visit. I felt comfortable, and its was a quick trolley ride to the OCC for $2. Highly recommend!
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
It was a nice hotel with a free shuttle bus to all the parks which was great. We ate at the hotel restaurant for most of the stay because we could not find any other restaurants by foot. Our room was clean and the hotel staff was very friendly. They even let us leave our bags at the hotel after we checked out so we could enjoy our last day at Universal Studios.
3 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
Anne
"Orlando Family Vacation"
I will definitely stay here again when I return to Orlando in several months. Everything was impeccable and the price was so reasonable. The self parking fee was very affordable.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Maria
"I would return."
Everyone at the hotel was outgoing and friendly. They all took excellent care of their patrons and made us feel at home as best as one can at a hotel.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
I do appreciate your review , the 5 star rating , and especially the mention that our staff was outgoing and friendly. Glad you felt at "home:.
Elisabeth
This is my second time at Orlando Crowne Plaza and it's just as great as the last time! Rooms are CLEAN! That's the most important thing to me!
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for the 5 star review. Your appreciation for a clean facility with be shared with our great Housekeeping department team.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Bad parking"
I was not happy when I had to pay $9 for parking. The spaces were very small, and ended up getting a door ding on my new car after only one night stay. The a/ c was very loud and right next to the bed.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for sharing. Many of the full service hotels do charge for parking and our prices are quite frankly at the lower end. We also have several differenct room configurations with the AC located further from the bed area. Many guests love the white noise but if you decide to return please let us know so we can assign a room that would be more accommodating to your needs.
1 night romance trip Oct 28, 2014
MichaelB
"Clean but noisy room"
Room was noise and due to air conditioning
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for replying and my apologies that you found the A/C in your room to be noisy. We have several different room configurations, some with the A/C much further from the bed than others. Please ask for this if the white noise is bothersome. I appreciate your sharing.
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
Esteban
"Needed 2 queen beds not a foldout couch..ugh..."
We generally stay at this hotel when we visit Universal, we live in Venice, FL so we stay 1-2 a month. We usually have friends with us or family so I request 2 queen beds. This time we got stuck in a small room with a foldout couch which wasn't very comfortable.The hotel made no attempt at getting us the room we reserved, said they were full. Not sure we will stay here again, seems they could have done more, since we visit so much. Too many decent hotels in the area to worry about one....
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for your valuatble feedback. I am sorry that the hotel was sold out of rooms with two beds. We do make every effort to accommodate our guest requests including bed types. Without more information I can guess that the reservation was made for a standard room without confirmation of bedding. I hope you give us another opportunity. Please call ahead to confirm your bed and any other requests. Thanks you.
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
wes
"OK for the price."
Good amenities and close to Universal studios. Bathrooms could use updating, moldy grout off-putting and shower had one temperature--extreme hot. Got a deal on the room, otherwise would think I overpaid. Watch out for the timeshare hook.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for taking the time to share. I do apologize that the bathroom did not meet your standards or for that matter ours as well. I will certainly address with our Housekeeping team. I appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Beth
"Good and fair...no more"
Not best experience ever with breakfast...
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for taking the time to share. I am sorry that our breakfast experience was not to your satisfation. Our buffet has been very popular but if you can share more specific details I would appreciate so that we may make adjustments if needed.
1 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
Thony
"went to Halloween Horror Nights."
It was wonderful
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Its gets better and better every year. Hope you enjoyed HHN. thank you for the 5 star review. We appreciate it.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Nice job Crwon plaza"
Good hotel .. clean - Good staff . No issues !
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
I sincerelyl appreciate you taking the time to comment and give us a 5 star review. It means a lot to us.
6 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
"Clean and comfy"
Wasn't informed about parking fee when I booked but wasn't deal breaker
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you so much for the 4 star review. I hope you can visit again soon.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Maurice
"Pleasant stay"
Everything clean and nice decor. Staff was very pleasant only negative was had to pay nine dollars to self park behind the hotel
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Nice enjoyable"
The hotel is very very nice, clean. But just a bit older but kept up well.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
wendyleigh
"Beware room 1014"
AC unit is in a closet that protrudes into the room and when it turns on it will drown out the TV on 40, or your iPad on full volume. Unfortunately, it didn't happen until we were already unpacked so we didn't alert the front desk. Bathroom also had a lingering foul smell even though it looked clean, but a scented candle covered that. I'm sure this is an anomaly, just avoid that particular room. Beautiful hotel 5 min from universal and a great value for the money.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for the review and the 4 star rating. I will certainly investigate your room.
4 night trip Oct 10, 2014
B
"Great hotel - close to Universal Studios!"
loved free transportation back & forth to Universal Studios!
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review. We appreicate you taking the time to submit a review of our hotel.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Walker
"One night stay"
Nice but turn off by the $10 parking charge. For needing just a nice place to sleep I will go for a Comfort Inn or a La Quinta in the future.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for sharing. I am sorry that the parking charge will cause you to choose alternate hotels. Many full service hotels in the area do charge and many at a higer rate than outs. I hope you change your mind and find the overall value of your experience to be worth staying with us.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Great but with a few surprises"
Parking fee daily was unexpected and was not notified of charge until check in. No continental breakfast or even coffee (ouch). Great location, clean, helpful staff.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you so much fo rthe four star review and for taking the time to share your experience.
2 night trip Oct 2, 2014
Vacationer
"Grear"
I checked in extremely late like 4am. But they still took my breakfast order and allowed a late check out - everyone was very attentive - me and my girls didn't lift a finger .
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Gigi
"close to everything but not what we booked"
When we checked in and went up to our room it was not the room we booked. We booked a room with a King bed and whirlpool tub but we were give a room with a queen bed and regular tub. We went back to the front desk and after much debate we were given a room with a king bed but still no whirlpool tub. We went back to the front desk and requested the room we booked for a second time and were told that they would not have a room with a king bed and whirlpool tub available at all. We had the do not disturb sign on the door yet housekeeping still felt the need to call our room and wake us up from an afternoon nap to ask if we wanted the room cleaned. Kind of defeats the purpose of not being disturbed if you are going to call the room and disturb your guests anyway. Other than that we were pleased with the hotel. They offer a GREAT breakfast buffet!
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for sharing. I am very sorry you were disapointed with your room. I will certainly look into why the room type reserved was not available. I do apologize for the disturbance. It is customary to leave a message when there is a Do Not Disturb sign but it should have been a silent message. Thanks for sharing so that we may address these areas and continue to improve our service. Thanks for the kind mention of our breakfast buffet. I do hope you give us another chance to earn your trust.
3 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Good overall"
The hotel was very nice and my friends and I enjoyed staying there. The only problem is they charged for everything which is what we expected but after a while it got overwhelming. Like them adding a bar charge to my bill. Also, I believe they may have had data blockers in the hotel. We would not be able to get service unless we left the hotel. We each had different service providers and none of us got service so it was forcing us to pay for wifi. Overall it was nice. We enjoyed the pool, tiki bar, beer selection, gym, ping pong table and the barista Glenda. We don't know if we'll be coming back because of the pricing but we did enjoy our stay.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for your review and in particular the positive mention of Glenda. I will make sure she is aware of your kind words. Good news is that we now offer complimentary wifi service for all of our guests. When you decide to return this will be available to you.
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
Korey
"Disappointing stay in Orlando"
Hotel rooms were dated. Charged daily for parking which was not stated before getting there. NO INTERNET without paying for it daily. Told no rooms with refrigerators unless we paid for them but then our room had it anyway. Parking attendants were rude during check in stated we needed to move vehicle before we even checked in and still stated it needed to be moved as we were unloading our belongings. We were parked in a designated area for unloading. WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN. GOING BACK TO THE HILTON GARDEN INN. THEY WERE MUCH NICER AND DIDN'T CHARGE ANYTHING ADDITIONAL.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Dear Laura Ritter, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. It is through comments such as yours that we can address and improve on our service. I will personally meet wit our valet staff to ensure proper protocol is being followed wth arriving guests. I do appreciate your feedback.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Laura Ritter
Staff was wonderful,rooms were clean, only complaint I have is for the price of the honeymoon Suite on the executive level,I feel it could have been maintained better. The roof looks like it had a leak at one time they need to replace the sheetrock do you are not looking at that as you lay in bed. Also the whirlpool jetted tub was not powerful at all.there wasn't a light in the shower or exhaust fans in the bathroom and you had to walk in the bathroom and around the door in order to turn the light switch on-would expect a little better for $170 per nite
2 night family trip Sep 6, 2014
michelle
"Hotel was not what I was sold on"
Hotel wasn't at all what I expected didn't have a balcony rooms weren't separated horrible experience wouldn't recommend it to any couples
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for commenting. I am sorry that you were expecting a balcony and somehow had the impression that we had rooms with balconies. It is disturbing that we rated a one star from you. I hope we providied freindly and efficient service.
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Al
"good hotel close to wet n wild"
went with my daughter and two of my nieces to the hotel in florida. i loved that it was around a nice area and that it had a big pool including jacuzzi. our room had a nice view and was very clean-looking. the staff was so nice and accommodated to our needs at whatever time we called. overall i would go back to that hotel for the next time we go to florida. was really impressed .
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that you were impressed with us and hope you will come back soon and often. Our guests find the courtyard and pool areas very relaxing and a great way to unwind after a hard days work or a long day at one of the attractions.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
lourdes
Charged $9 a day for parking, and they wanted $11 for WiFi. Seriously disappointed.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
I am so sorry that the parking and wifi charge resulted in a 2 star rating from you. We certainly do not want any surprises for our guests and communicate these and all charges up front.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Awesome hotel!!!! We had a blast!!!! Everything was great at this hotel except for paying for a parking. I felt like if we stay there pushing should be free!! But overall... v very nice!
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for your review. I'm so happy that you had a blast and enjoyed your experience at the Crowne Plaza Universal. Please visit again soon.
2 night romance trip Aug 15, 2014
Sweetie
"Poor service"
Checked in, key cards didn't work. Bathtub dirty, carpet dirty. Beds were ok. Ran out of toilet tissue and towels, had to call three times to get any more. Close to everything though
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Dear Cindy, Thank you for your review. I can certainly understand your disappointement with the key cards and room cleanliness. We pride oursselves on the cleanliness of our hotel and in the infrequent times we hear of any deficiencies we certainly want to address them right away. I value your comments will share them with our housekeeping team. I hope you give us a second chance when travels bring you back to Orlando so that you can trust that your recent visit was the exception rather than the normal level of service and cleanliness you would expect.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Cindy
Good location, nice hotel and an excellent value.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Overall, very happy with this place for a wknd trip. Check out hotels.com, as they had the lowest price. Worth the money for the location. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Terry
"Beautiful Hotel"
I enjoyed everything about my stay other than having to pay per day for parking there. I feel for what I paid the parking should have been included. Tacky.
4 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
The only problems were the rain and thunder storm knocked out the cable Saturday and was promised by front desk that cable guys were on their way to reset it. Up ontill Sunday afternoon we still did not have any cable service, we checked out shortly afterwards. Had to pay for Internet service in room, free service was only provided in the lobby. I think Internet is a basic necessity and should be free.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for your review. I can understand your concerns about charging for interenet. Our internet charges are very competitive and in some cases less expensive that some area hotels. I am pleased to announce that we will be offering free internet beginning Oct 1 to all of our guests. The television signal loss is more complicated that orginally throught. There was damage from the storm to the equipment and we have been working with our vendor to restore signal to all channels. I do apologize for the inconvenience.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Douglas was very helpful and have great customer service downstairs.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you so much for mentioning the great service that Doug provided to you. I appreicate you taking the time to let me know and I will pass on your comments to him.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Highly recommend! We WILL come back - only this time we'll PLAN to stay several days instead of just overnight. Beautiful property.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014