All hotels in Orlando, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here7800 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL, 32819, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Clean but noisy room"
Room was noise and due to air conditioning
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for replying and my apologies that you found the A/C in your room to be noisy. We have several different room configurations, some with the A/C much further from the bed than others. Please ask for this if the white noise is bothersome. I appreciate your sharing.
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
Esteban
"Needed 2 queen beds not a foldout couch..ugh..."
We generally stay at this hotel when we visit Universal, we live in Venice, FL so we stay 1-2 a month. We usually have friends with us or family so I request 2 queen beds. This time we got stuck in a small room with a foldout couch which wasn't very comfortable.The hotel made no attempt at getting us the room we reserved, said they were full. Not sure we will stay here again, seems they could have done more, since we visit so much. Too many decent hotels in the area to worry about one....
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for your valuatble feedback. I am sorry that the hotel was sold out of rooms with two beds. We do make every effort to accommodate our guest requests including bed types. Without more information I can guess that the reservation was made for a standard room without confirmation of bedding. I hope you give us another opportunity. Please call ahead to confirm your bed and any other requests. Thanks you.
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
wes
"OK for the price."
Good amenities and close to Universal studios. Bathrooms could use updating, moldy grout off-putting and shower had one temperature--extreme hot. Got a deal on the room, otherwise would think I overpaid. Watch out for the timeshare hook.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for taking the time to share. I do apologize that the bathroom did not meet your standards or for that matter ours as well. I will certainly address with our Housekeeping team. I appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Beth
"Good and fair...no more"
Not best experience ever with breakfast...
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for taking the time to share. I am sorry that our breakfast experience was not to your satisfation. Our buffet has been very popular but if you can share more specific details I would appreciate so that we may make adjustments if needed.
1 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
Thony
"went to Halloween Horror Nights."
It was wonderful
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Its gets better and better every year. Hope you enjoyed HHN. thank you for the 5 star review. We appreciate it.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Nice job Crwon plaza"
Good hotel .. clean - Good staff . No issues !
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
I sincerelyl appreciate you taking the time to comment and give us a 5 star review. It means a lot to us.
6 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
"Clean and comfy"
Wasn't informed about parking fee when I booked but wasn't deal breaker
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you so much for the 4 star review. I hope you can visit again soon.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Maurice
"Pleasant stay"
Everything clean and nice decor. Staff was very pleasant only negative was had to pay nine dollars to self park behind the hotel
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Nice enjoyable"
The hotel is very very nice, clean. But just a bit older but kept up well.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
wendyleigh
"Beware room 1014"
AC unit is in a closet that protrudes into the room and when it turns on it will drown out the TV on 40, or your iPad on full volume. Unfortunately, it didn't happen until we were already unpacked so we didn't alert the front desk. Bathroom also had a lingering foul smell even though it looked clean, but a scented candle covered that. I'm sure this is an anomaly, just avoid that particular room. Beautiful hotel 5 min from universal and a great value for the money.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for the review and the 4 star rating. I will certainly investigate your room.
4 night trip Oct 10, 2014
B
"Great hotel - close to Universal Studios!"
loved free transportation back & forth to Universal Studios!
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review. We appreicate you taking the time to submit a review of our hotel.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Walker
"One night stay"
Nice but turn off by the $10 parking charge. For needing just a nice place to sleep I will go for a Comfort Inn or a La Quinta in the future.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for sharing. I am sorry that the parking charge will cause you to choose alternate hotels. Many full service hotels in the area do charge and many at a higer rate than outs. I hope you change your mind and find the overall value of your experience to be worth staying with us.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Great but with a few surprises"
Parking fee daily was unexpected and was not notified of charge until check in. No continental breakfast or even coffee (ouch). Great location, clean, helpful staff.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you so much fo rthe four star review and for taking the time to share your experience.
2 night trip Oct 2, 2014
Vacationer
"Grear"
I checked in extremely late like 4am. But they still took my breakfast order and allowed a late check out - everyone was very attentive - me and my girls didn't lift a finger .
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Gigi
"close to everything but not what we booked"
When we checked in and went up to our room it was not the room we booked. We booked a room with a King bed and whirlpool tub but we were give a room with a queen bed and regular tub. We went back to the front desk and after much debate we were given a room with a king bed but still no whirlpool tub. We went back to the front desk and requested the room we booked for a second time and were told that they would not have a room with a king bed and whirlpool tub available at all. We had the do not disturb sign on the door yet housekeeping still felt the need to call our room and wake us up from an afternoon nap to ask if we wanted the room cleaned. Kind of defeats the purpose of not being disturbed if you are going to call the room and disturb your guests anyway. Other than that we were pleased with the hotel. They offer a GREAT breakfast buffet!
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for sharing. I am very sorry you were disapointed with your room. I will certainly look into why the room type reserved was not available. I do apologize for the disturbance. It is customary to leave a message when there is a Do Not Disturb sign but it should have been a silent message. Thanks for sharing so that we may address these areas and continue to improve our service. Thanks for the kind mention of our breakfast buffet. I do hope you give us another chance to earn your trust.
3 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Good overall"
The hotel was very nice and my friends and I enjoyed staying there. The only problem is they charged for everything which is what we expected but after a while it got overwhelming. Like them adding a bar charge to my bill. Also, I believe they may have had data blockers in the hotel. We would not be able to get service unless we left the hotel. We each had different service providers and none of us got service so it was forcing us to pay for wifi. Overall it was nice. We enjoyed the pool, tiki bar, beer selection, gym, ping pong table and the barista Glenda. We don't know if we'll be coming back because of the pricing but we did enjoy our stay.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for your review and in particular the positive mention of Glenda. I will make sure she is aware of your kind words. Good news is that we now offer complimentary wifi service for all of our guests. When you decide to return this will be available to you.
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
Korey
"Disappointing stay in Orlando"
Hotel rooms were dated. Charged daily for parking which was not stated before getting there. NO INTERNET without paying for it daily. Told no rooms with refrigerators unless we paid for them but then our room had it anyway. Parking attendants were rude during check in stated we needed to move vehicle before we even checked in and still stated it needed to be moved as we were unloading our belongings. We were parked in a designated area for unloading. WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN. GOING BACK TO THE HILTON GARDEN INN. THEY WERE MUCH NICER AND DIDN'T CHARGE ANYTHING ADDITIONAL.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Dear Laura Ritter, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. It is through comments such as yours that we can address and improve on our service. I will personally meet wit our valet staff to ensure proper protocol is being followed wth arriving guests. I do appreciate your feedback.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Laura Ritter
Staff was wonderful,rooms were clean, only complaint I have is for the price of the honeymoon Suite on the executive level,I feel it could have been maintained better. The roof looks like it had a leak at one time they need to replace the sheetrock do you are not looking at that as you lay in bed. Also the whirlpool jetted tub was not powerful at all.there wasn't a light in the shower or exhaust fans in the bathroom and you had to walk in the bathroom and around the door in order to turn the light switch on-would expect a little better for $170 per nite
2 night family trip Sep 6, 2014
michelle
"Hotel was not what I was sold on"
Hotel wasn't at all what I expected didn't have a balcony rooms weren't separated horrible experience wouldn't recommend it to any couples
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for commenting. I am sorry that you were expecting a balcony and somehow had the impression that we had rooms with balconies. It is disturbing that we rated a one star from you. I hope we providied freindly and efficient service.
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Al
"good hotel close to wet n wild"
went with my daughter and two of my nieces to the hotel in florida. i loved that it was around a nice area and that it had a big pool including jacuzzi. our room had a nice view and was very clean-looking. the staff was so nice and accommodated to our needs at whatever time we called. overall i would go back to that hotel for the next time we go to florida. was really impressed .
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that you were impressed with us and hope you will come back soon and often. Our guests find the courtyard and pool areas very relaxing and a great way to unwind after a hard days work or a long day at one of the attractions.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
lourdes
Charged $9 a day for parking, and they wanted $11 for WiFi. Seriously disappointed.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
I am so sorry that the parking and wifi charge resulted in a 2 star rating from you. We certainly do not want any surprises for our guests and communicate these and all charges up front.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Awesome hotel!!!! We had a blast!!!! Everything was great at this hotel except for paying for a parking. I felt like if we stay there pushing should be free!! But overall... v very nice!
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for your review. I'm so happy that you had a blast and enjoyed your experience at the Crowne Plaza Universal. Please visit again soon.
2 night romance trip Aug 15, 2014
Sweetie
"Poor service"
Checked in, key cards didn't work. Bathtub dirty, carpet dirty. Beds were ok. Ran out of toilet tissue and towels, had to call three times to get any more. Close to everything though
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Dear Cindy, Thank you for your review. I can certainly understand your disappointement with the key cards and room cleanliness. We pride oursselves on the cleanliness of our hotel and in the infrequent times we hear of any deficiencies we certainly want to address them right away. I value your comments will share them with our housekeeping team. I hope you give us a second chance when travels bring you back to Orlando so that you can trust that your recent visit was the exception rather than the normal level of service and cleanliness you would expect.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Cindy
Good location, nice hotel and an excellent value.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Overall, very happy with this place for a wknd trip. Check out hotels.com, as they had the lowest price. Worth the money for the location. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Terry
"Beautiful Hotel"
I enjoyed everything about my stay other than having to pay per day for parking there. I feel for what I paid the parking should have been included. Tacky.
4 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
The only problems were the rain and thunder storm knocked out the cable Saturday and was promised by front desk that cable guys were on their way to reset it. Up ontill Sunday afternoon we still did not have any cable service, we checked out shortly afterwards. Had to pay for Internet service in room, free service was only provided in the lobby. I think Internet is a basic necessity and should be free.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for your review. I can understand your concerns about charging for interenet. Our internet charges are very competitive and in some cases less expensive that some area hotels. I am pleased to announce that we will be offering free internet beginning Oct 1 to all of our guests. The television signal loss is more complicated that orginally throught. There was damage from the storm to the equipment and we have been working with our vendor to restore signal to all channels. I do apologize for the inconvenience.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Douglas was very helpful and have great customer service downstairs.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you so much for mentioning the great service that Doug provided to you. I appreicate you taking the time to let me know and I will pass on your comments to him.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Highly recommend! We WILL come back - only this time we'll PLAN to stay several days instead of just overnight. Beautiful property.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
The rooms could use updating however the outside area is awesome
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Glad you enjoyed your visit and our newly renovated courtyard area. . I am sorry that we only rated a three star review from you. We aspire for much higher and hope you give us another chance to win your favor.
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
"Quality hotel"
Very clean and classy hotel, great value .
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Ep
"Nice hotel just a few negatives"
We enjoyed our stay. The room was nice and had a very comfortable bed. The only problem was air circulation in the bathroom and the hallway light upon walking in was out. We LOVED the poolside bar area...very nice! The only real bad part was having to pay to park. That wasn't as clear upon booking and one of the only hotels of this standard that requires guests to pay even to self park. Overall we liked it a lot!
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Clean hotels rooms close to everything"
The hotel was exactly what we were looking for in a place to stay during our few days in Orlando. It's within a few miles of many attractions and restaurants, so we didn't have to venture far. We were also happy staying in the comfortable room and soaking up some sun at the resort-style outdoor pool. In addition, the concierge was excellent and helped us to get discount tickets to a nearby water park. We were very happy with our stay.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Jordyn
"not worth it"
There is a charge for parking. A charge for wifi. You would think the price of the room it would be included. Also after check out 180 dollars were charged on my card. I called them and they said it was a mistake. So i had $180 on hold for a few days for nothing.
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
My apologies that you were not satisfied with your recent visit due to the charges incurred. We make every effort to inform you through our website listing on all additional charges. Like you, we dont want any surprises. We do not include in the rate because not all guests utilize all amenities. We will only charge for those used. Thank you for your feedback.
1 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2014
"Great trip"
My daughter's and I am went to Orlando for a girls trip. We chose the Crown Plaza based off of the reviews and pictures. The hotel is very nice, clean, very close to all the attraction ;however, this hotel is not really family friendly. There are so many fees. Parking fee, incidental fee, no free breakfast or internet, unless you're willing to pay with by the way is $13 per person everyday. Overall , it would be good for business or just a quick romantic get a way, but not family-friendly!!!! Grade of C
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for your review. We havea great mix of both business and leisure guests including families. We do have some inclusive packages but as a rule only charge for services used. It would be unfair to include charges for all the extras and only have our guests utilize some of them. I do have some great news to share and that is interent will be complimentary beginning Oct 1. I am glad that you and the "girls" had a great trip. Hope you can visit again soon.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Chrisslr6
Overall stay was great. Walking distance to restaurants and many other things to do
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Very cozy hotel."
This is our third time in this hotel. It is always a great experience. The staff is extremly kind and helpfull. The breakfast buffet is plentyfull and tasty. We are from Europe and we like good and strong coffee which is offered with the breakfast. The size of the hotel is just right with all the facilities and frendly staff makes it cozy where you feel you have been noticed and taken care of. For sure we will come back again.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
I am 49 year
"Nice and clean, close to Universal"
Very nice, clean hotel. Friendly staff. Very close to Universal and water parks. Offers free shuttles to Universal and Disney parks.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Lindsey
When we first arrived, the staff was not to friendly, it was around 9:30 pm. Everybody seem tire and careless about customers coming in. After we got settled in we decided to go the restaurant in the hotel, by then it was 9:50 pm. There was maybe three tables that where occupied, so we knew it was still open; after standing in the front for 3 minutes with out a direction, we decided to sit our selves. When the waitress aproach our table she emediately said " kitchen is closing in 5 minutes" and we order anyway. While eating our food, which was very good , I noticed that there was people still coming in and ordering food, this was 30 minutes later, at that point I felt like we where being singled out. The room was ok beds where good. I dint like the fact that you had to pay if you wanted internet in your room. AC unit was to noisy. Valet parking service was great. Would I stay there again? Probably not.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Nice hotel in nice location. Quiet hotel. Nice pool. Clean and nice decor. Would stay here again. I recommend this hotel for people visiting Universal.
3 night family trip Jul 9, 2014
Kay
"Great location and free ride to universal"
It was a great stay! We were very impressed with the room. The only problems we had was a terrible smell in the lobby area down on the main floor and also the on demand on the menu options didn't work. Also, we tried to eat in the bar downstairs one night and had to leave because of the smell. Great stay without the smell!
Response by Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Thank you for your review. I am glad that your overall stay with us was a favorable one. I will investigate the source of the smell that you mentioned and address with our team to ensure it has been eliminated.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Room was clean and comfortable. The only problem was the AC was loud
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
"Great Trip"
Very convenient location.
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
Incredibly relaxing and refreshing stay! We will definitely be back.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"satisfactory"
This hotel was very nice. I have no complaints about it.
1 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
kay
"Great location and good hotel to stay"
The hotel is rated properly. Very convenient location as for the theme parks so for business. A bunch of places to eat nearby. I enjoyed the pool which was good and not overcrowded. There was an issue one night of not having enough car spaces but it was solved (I think that the hotel was overbooked that day). Overall I liked this hotel.
5 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Vladimir
"Amazing!"
Hotel was clean, staff were all very friendly, Gift shop was a nice plus the friendly lady in there made our daughters day! Pool area was super nice, we did not use the restaurant but it smelled amazing! We had a great view from the 12th floor and were even able to see the 4th of July fireworks right from our room!
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Brittany
"Self parking Charge"
Was not happy about the self parking charge. Most hotels offer free self parking in the Orlando area. It was $9.00 per day plus taxes.
3 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
Maria Garcia
"Excellent hotel"
Only stayed for one day, but the staff was amiable and attentive when approached
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
marilu
"This was out second stay in 60days"
Overall a good experience. When the staff was asked to do something they responded quickly and with a smile on their face. In our first visit we left something important behind and on our second visit the staff located the item and had it available in our room when we got there. That effort reqiured that housekeeping, front desk and security all worked in concert to make that happen!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014