All hotels in Dallas, Texas, United States of America

2.5
    2.4
    2.4
"Ghetto"
Hotel is actually an extended stay with quite a few unsightly type people there. I'm not racist or normally worried about others around me. But there were gun shots every night. Bugs in the rooms. No staff available at check in or check out. When I arrived at 7pm there I had to call a phone number to reach a live in "security" guard to give me room key. I roughed it out here for a week since ir was a block from where I was working. Delivery drivers were afraid to get out of cars to bring me my food. One was almost robbed by another tenant trying to steal my food and god knows what else. I've stayed in some sketchy places to save a buck when traveling by myself. This place tops the cake. Horrible horrible horrible
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
jason
"Do not stay here!"
Outside looks ok, but when we arrived was told by front desk to be sure not to put room key near cell phone because would deactivate it and the next day, which was Sunday no one worked there and we would be locked out of our room! Went to our nonsmoking room and it reeked of smoke. Husband went into bathroom ,No toilet paper anywhere.Had a kitchen but no pots and pans,dishes or anything! Cupboards were all empty! No coffee pot. 2 towels for shower had to last us the whole week we were there. Housekeeping? Got that 1 time the whole week. We will never stay here again!
7 night family trip Oct 19, 2013
Debra
"good , near restaurant , market"
I 'll stay again if i go to Garland ,Dallas
1 night trip Apr 23, 2013
Hanna
"Reeking Rooms"
I've read the other reviews about rooms that stink of smoke and was hoping it was an isolated event or an unlucky stay after someone else who couldn't follow the rules. However, now I must chime in as well to say that my room ALSO reeked of smoke. So ask yourself before booking here, are you going to be okay with a room that has a VERY strong smoke smell? Also, another reviewer was correct about stained sheets and the top comforters having holes in them. We even found a penny and some hair under the comforter in our room, which makes me wonder if the sheets are even changed between guests... I won't be staying again.
1 night trip Nov 22, 2012
Danny
Wow! Highly disappointed!! Shouldn't even be a option on hotels.com. terrible!! Blankets and sheets had burn holes in them. Floor had gum and holes all over it. Wouldn't even have gave a one but had to!
1 night trip Oct 12, 2012
7 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
Bernandino
1 night family trip Oct 6, 2012
1 night trip Aug 3, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Sun Suites Of Dallas

"9TH PLANE OF HELL....Do not stay here..Very dangerous place.."
06/18/15 HOBOSCRATCH8830 Garland, Texas
Apparently there was a meth lab bust a few days ago. I remember seeing four police cars. Last night, police showed up again. I guess I should be thankful that the police are not afraid to come to Sun Suites. Sun Suites is the most god awful place I have ever stayed and I have lived in several countries besides the U.S. They took away all of the garbage cans, even the one in the laundry room. You have to walk all the way to the back of the building to throw away trash in the dumpster. Yes, less flies but now people just throw their trash all over the place. There are 4 washing machines, one works. I am always told "we are working on it". It has been this way for several months now. Roach infested rooms. Had to clean for two hours before I moved in. Cleaning lady doesn't speak English and also does not clean rooms. Not quite sure why she has a job in the first place. The manager Jasmine, would not be qualified to make French fries in McDonalds. She seems like she has no idea what she is doing. Do yourself a favor- spend a few hundred more dollars a month and stay somewhere else.
"Place is terrible"
06/08/15 BladeGTR
I was placed here on a business trip and what I saw when I first walked in was an utter disgrace. The first room they placed me in was trashed! T.V. was ripped off the wall, air conditioning unit was busted, the cabinets were torn off the hinges, and the floor was covered in filth! Called the front office to complain, I was place in another room, and while it is better it was still way below average standards. Avoid this place if you are able to. I think I just found blood on the wall.
"Good place to stay weekly."
09/03/14 elaine k Dallas, Texas
I stayed at Sun Suites for 6 weeks. The staff was friendly and I felt safe there. The neighborhood was good and that alone was a blessing just to be able to go for a walk. I also liked the fact people could have pets with them. I did not have a pet, but it is nice to know there are places to accommodate their pets. Many people who are going through stressful times need the security of their pets. I liked the fact the rooms were bright and cheery, so much better than this dark dingy place I am at now. The only thing I had a problem with was the roach situation. It was bad. I told the staff several times and nothing was ever done. I read another review on this property stating that they were approached by drug dealers. Never one did I experience that. I am at a place now that has drug dealers and prostitutes everywhere. I liked the I635 address. There were several other properties within the area and the grounds were not as nice as this one.
"Good hotel"
07/07/14 Robert L Plano, Texas
The staff here are very friendly, and strive to keep the rooms up to cleanliness standards. The manager here is very quick to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Police presence doing random parking lot checks makes sure stuff goes smoothly.
"Lock your doors and hide!!!!"
06/30/14 Wontsitstill2014 Dallas
The room itself was decently clean for the price. The staff was very friendly. However, the location is terrible. Stay away from Forest, Audelia, and Skillman. This place is located in the heart of all those streets. I've been approached 3 times from people asking if I want to buy crank, weed, or pills. I've had cars follow me through the parking lot as I walk my dog asking to hook up. I am a six month pregnant white woman. There is a lot of drug activity. A policeman told me there were 7 murders just last month in the apartments right down the street.
"Very clean and nice property"
06/07/14 Andrea D
love the cleanliness of property, quite,great location easy access to I635.All the workers are very friendly. Would recommend to friends and family.Office manager really does and excellent job. Maid service does and awesome job with the cleaning of the rooms.
"service makes the difference"
04/14/14 teddy g Dallas, Texas
excellent staff, nice and quiet complex rates and amenities have changed not for the best but management has tremendously gotten better were the g.m. always welcomes you with a friendly greeting its a great day at sun suites my names jasmin how can I help you
"Feels like home..."
02/21/14 teen2surman Dallas, Texas
It's a nice friendly faculty... I feel safe knowing that the faculty is there with us... with security and the police the place is quite...Loretta is the best with a beautiful smile that warms up the place... you really couldn't ask for more... Loretta and the rest of the faculty make you feel you're at home...
"Creepy, disgusting, run down place to stay."
07/29/13 africantree
A friend reserved the room for my friend & I, so I didn't have any say in the matter. You have to pay for the week + deposit $50 on top of it. We only stayed for the weekend, so my friend got ripped off, because they didn't tell him upfront about the weekly rate. The room had heavy smoking odors (they claimed it was a smokeless room), the shower was literally a trickle (upon inspection, found out it was not properly fixed the time before) & my ankles were all itchy the 1st night- thus probably because of bed bugs. They did have a microfiber pad on the bed, but it was too small for the bed. It was then when I went out & purchased a plastic mattress so I wouldn't wake up completely covered in bites. Overall, its a creepy & disguting plave to stay and I would NOT recommend it to anyone.
"Blow it up and remodel"
05/12/12 jesus0238
The rooms are unsanitary,they have roaches,nats,and ants,the pillows were soiled and so was the bedding,the room had a stale odor which just cling to your clothing,the rooms look nothing like the virtual tour.when they clean they only clean certain areas with some type of liquid in a bottle I never saw them sweep and don't get me started on that mop..it was a broom with a towel over top of it.you can certainly tell it has not had a good sanitizing in a while,the laundry room smelled of pet urine other than sticking dynomite underneath it and blowing it up the customer service was nice.