All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands

Clean
    Food is not good
    Uncomfortable
    Bad amenities
"If you like nice strolls..."
Only 1 slow elevator, no stairs that go consecutively to all floors. Breakfast was well stocked and good. Staff was VERY helpful in getting us a cab to the airport.
3 night romance trip Jan 10, 2016
jim
"Modern Room"
Other than its small size and narrow stairs this was an excellent hotel.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Lonni
We probably had the worst room in the hotel ...503
Other trip May 11, 2015
hmm
Good place to stay. Short trolley from central station.
2 night trip Apr 20, 2015
Vincent
nice location, clean rooms, friendly staff :) breakfast was good, and tea + coffee in the room
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Horrible tiny rooms"
If you are ready to stay in a small room with tiny bed and very tiny bathroom, this hotel is a perfect match. I would have book the other IBIS hotel located near the Amsterdam central, instead of this. I thought and expected to have some sort of canal view being next to the canal and booked this hotel. Instead we got a room in down stairs with nothing next to us. The room is very small like my walk in closet, with 2 tiny beds and interestingly very tiny bath room. When I asked the hotel staff regarding the size of the room, they said all other rooms are more or less the same size of the room I got in the down stairs. The air conditioner is in good working condition, but very noisy, due to that we lost one night sleep on first day. This hotel stay ruined my vacation in Amsterdam and wouldn't recommend this if you are looking for a comfortable stay for the money you are paying.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"Disappointing is too kind!"
The room which was guaranteed for 2 days was not available upon late arrival (day 2). Replacement room was up a narrow, twisting stairway, difficult for 2 seniors with luggage. Fortunately , staff arranged a room in neighboring hotel.(also, ibis).
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Good stay"
Shower to small but everything else was fine. Breakfast could be replenished faster.
3 night trip Jul 14, 2014
Ron
"Convenient to Heineken Experience"
Room was very clean, nice bathroom. However, the elevator was slow and the stairs were scary. But the breakfast was nice and it was located brilliantly close to Heineken Experience and other attractions.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
"Location is good but price is too high"
So small room it is like a box and bed is really uncomfotable because of size if you are a tall person dont choose this hotel
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"NO AIRPORT SHUTTLE"
This hotel advertizes a airport shuttle. The actual shuttle service only drops off and does not pickup! It charges $16 euro per person but if you are the only one $32 euro. This hotel was not up to the Ibis hotels standards!
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
Wharrison
The neighbourhood was not as happening but it meant it was quiet too. However, the walls are thin, and can be noisy if you have noisy neighbours. The hotel was new and well-maintained and was very clean. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was great. Overall, pleased with the stay.
3 night romance trip May 1, 2014
Grace T
"Very modern hotel but small"
Nice modern hotel with decent choice for breakfast.. the location is ok and the room is smaller than most
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"Efficient, high design, low price"
My experience was great. The room was large, clean, a big bed was like a foam mattress but I was so jet lagged the whole trip it didn't matter. Location is great if you want to check out new areas where locals hang out in the city. Fantastic European breakfast, the staff was so nice! Don't stay at the other ibis 2 doors down, a colleague booked there by mistake and her room was 1/2 the size of mine. I think this location was renovated more recently and it much better. Some mornings the hot water was on and off so showering later in the day was better. The last day, the breakfast room was packed with a traveling group of young students. Ugh, so happy they were not here during most of my stay otherwise i imagine my review would be much different. I literally had to take my breakfast to my room. And sometimes the guys next door were very rowdy, slamming doors, noisy late at night. The walls are thin. You get a budget hotel, with high design, low price and just hope you have other friendly hotel guests.
5 night business trip Jan 21, 2014
Gretchen
"Nice hotel, close to the city center."
Very slow elevator, very very steep stairs to the 4 floor, as it is usual in most European hotels.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Oleg

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Great value for money."
An excellent value for money hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and the breakfast was great.
2 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2016
Angela
Great service and very friendly. The guy who greeted us when we arrived was very helpful. In fact all the reception staff were. Breakfast was great too with a wide selection and again great staff. I would stay here again without question
4 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
Andrea
"lads get away"
Hotel comfortable only problem was had to wait for rooms to be cleaned
1 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
"weekend away with wife and two friends"
Great little hotel / bed and breakfast. On the edge of the canal ring but only a one minute walk from a tram stop for a 10 minute ride into city centre. Staff were very polite and helpful. Yes the stairs are steep (as with all properties in Amsterdam) and the lift was slow but that adds to the character. Would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
"Not bad!"
No problems really, did the job and only minor things like the wi-fi connection which kept disappearing was an issue. Great locations with local shops, bars etc. Friendly hotel staff, a decent if boring style breakfast. Just glad I suppose that it was included. Would stay here again.
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
Kush
excellent property
3 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
"beware of website pictures"
it took us 2 moves to get a room that was bright and was not smelling cigarettes. I wish I could post pictures of the 1st room we were given and the 2 nd one we had to spend our 1st night in as no others were apparently not available. Dark (needed to have the light on), outside was showing the air condition unit for the whole building with the image of a little girl for brightening up the wall located at max 3 metres from the window. Smelly- despite having asked specifically for a NON SMOKING room, the 2 rooms were stinking cigarette. Not good start. The second night was a bit better. We finally got out of our cave and moved to the ground floor and re discovered the natural light again. Still as we were located besides the breakfast point, people were coming for a cigarette just beside the room window... Ah well, luckily it was only a short stay.
5 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Sandrine
"Not sure if I would book this hotel again"
Very small room. Close to down town centres. Elevator rarely was operating, stairs were very steep. (good exercise, bad with luggage) Parking not always available and not very secure, shouldn't have brought a car to Amsterdam anyway.... No fridge in room. Shower was good with great water pressure.
3 night trip with friends Jul 7, 2015
Jan
"Two stars, not three"
The hotel is small and the rooms are tiny. This is entirely acceptable in Amsterdam. It is expensive for what it is, but if cost is not important this does not matter that better finacial value can be obtained elsewhere. The breakfast was excellent as was the breakfast room. The people were professional and obliging, except for one man at reception who was so terrible that he was amusing. The hotel is officially rated 2 stars, not 3 as hotels.com rates it. Contrary to other reviews, the hotel is easily accessible and is close to the Centrum.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
"Great location everything else is rubbish, avoid."
Great location, terrible hotel. Old building which has not been converted well, very steep stairs to top floor rooms making it dangerous to carry luggage up them, would be impossible for children, elderly or impered. Lift is painfully slow and only operates to the third floor. Advertised car park was full as it could only hold 3 cars..... Hotel staff were not interested in helping in anyway and there was no iron or iorning board avaible in the whole hotel for our stay and the staff made no effort to help with this. Would not recomend.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
"Short break"
Clean, new and near to town centre. Staff very polite and helpful
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Lu & Dave
"Ibis Styles Amstel"
We booked this hotel as a group of colleagues for a weekend away. The hotel was very close to the tram stop and was only 10 minutes ride from the centre, with a few shops, restaurants and cafes nearby. The hotel was very clean, tidy and modern and although the breakfast was limited, it was nice. The main negative of this stay was that we asked for twin beds specifically and when we arrived we were all given doubles. Reception said that this was not a problem to move us, but when the rest of the guests checked in later they were given the double room which I had already been in and out of. There was also a problem with the air-conditioning in the rooms in the attic which didn't get resolved during our stay, and also a period where the lift was out of order and we had to use a "secret" staircase behind a door with no handle!
2 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
Rosa
"Perfect"
Great
1 night romance trip May 20, 2015
"Never stay here."
The room was so small. It was really noisy. You could even here the water flow in pipes in the ceiling loudly. During the night you could not sleep in the room. The shampoo and body wash was terrible and I had to buy from store. The breakfast was OK but not really high quality. The room was so cold and the heating system did not work properly. They knew this and gave us an electrical heater which dried the room weather.
Other trip May 22, 2015
Fafool
"LEFT THIS HOTEL IN TEARS - RUINED MY TRIP"
The worst experience of my life and I am a seasoned world traveller for work. MARC the concierge, was the most horrendous and evil person I have ever encountered in all my life. He had no sympathy and spoke to us like we did not matter. He even tried to kick us out because rightly so I was mad when we had to sleep in a (closet) single room when I paid good money for a double room on a romantic couples weekend! We had to call the police to be able to stay and they OF COURSE were on our side. His lack of sympathy and actual emotion left me in tears.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Lauren Isola
"Electrical wall outlets and switch plate covers!"
I enjoyed my stay at the Ibis hotel for the most part. The staff were very friendly and helpful in giving me direction and transportation info. I questioned the room cleanliness...The electrical walls outlet/switch plate covers were dirty (I clean them by hand myself), and there was dust and debris on top of the wall baseboards, and the window ledge. Also, there was a stain (maybe food stain) on the left wall as you enter the room. About 2/3 feet off the floor. I was surprised that the cleaning staff would miss that. I think that clean the electrical wall outlets and switch plate covers is such a small thing to do, same as around the door handles, but makes such a difference. I also, think that dusting the obvious area such as: windows ledge, top of baseboards, shelves, and desk, is another steps that is easy to do and that makes a great difference. Thanks.
2 night trip Mar 16, 2015
Patrick
"Amsterdam get away...wish the hotel was better"
Went out Amsterdam for a few days with my friend to see some art shows and explore the town. We arrived in Amsterdam 3 hours before checkin time so we decided to go to the holiday and see if we can leave our luggage in their storage. Staff where more than helpful once we arrived and told us the room was ready and if we wanted, we could go and have some breakfast and head up to the room. Breakfast wasn't that great to be honest only a small seletion of food, but then again it was included with the room. The room was a very small and so was the bathroom. The cupboard was blocked by the bed so we need to move the bed in order for us to get our coats out. The hotel has a lift which only goes up to the 3rd floor ( the lift is very very slow) it you happen to have a room next to the lift like we did you'll hear it non stop. The stairs and the hotel where very daunting to walk down or up. Overall very helpful staff, you can pick up a map from reception. Hotel is also not far from the central station. Tram gets there directly ( 10-15mins)
3 night trip with friends Jan 5, 2015
Elozi
"Exactly as most reviews say..."
Clean, comfortable, helpful staff and reasonably priced. Only issue was that the lift was a wee bit slow, but that's it. Would recommend to anyone.
4 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Great city hotel well positioned, good service"
The Ibis styles in Amsterdam is a good base for your visit to the wonderful city of Amsterdam. Watch out as there are two identical hotels almost next door to each other. Parking is available but limited at the hotel, and a little cheaper than street parking which costs €39 per day! Breakfast is is pretty fair and continental with good choices. Internet also quite a good speed and free! Only criticism was the heating was excessive in the room and even after three days of the A/C constantly on only went down by 4 degrees. We were on the front of the hotel facing the street so couldn't open the window sadly. Didn't put us off and the bed was über comfortable, good place and would def come back.
3 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
Graeme
Overall stay was great. The hotel was clean and comfortable and breakfast was of a good quality. Only let down was that check out took over 40 mins due to slow system, long queue and only one member of staff. Need more staff on at peak check out times.
1 night business trip May 20, 2014
"Recommended"
I have stayed there with my girlfriend for 4 nights. Since the price was inexpensive, wouldn't be fair expecting too much. Location is great, there is a tram line about 100 metres to dam square/central station. Hotel is well decorated and cosy. Staff is very friendly, helpful and professional. Breakfast exceeded our expectations. We certainly would stay there again.
3 night romance trip Jan 12, 2014
Sergio Correa
Spent a long weekend here in December for girlfriends birthday. Good location with easy access via tram to all main areas of dam. Rooms clean and stylish and staff extremely helpful with reception open 24 hrs. Would definately stay here again.
2 night trip Dec 8, 2013
"Close to work destination."
Enjoyed it. Very modern.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2013
Bushra
Lovely, clean hotel with great service. Only niggle was that our room was on the 4th floor and the lifts only go to the 3rd floor. The stairs to the 4th floor were very steep. I'd happily book this hotel again. I'd say that the best restaurants were very close by and Dam Square only about 25 min walk.
2 night romance trip Oct 15, 2013
taptaptaptap
"Worth it"
The hotel is very close to tram station-less than 2 mins walk. Good breakfast. Clean rooms. We had to keep the luggage for 2 days and travel to other destination and the staff-specially Ms. Kelly was more than willing to help us. All in all: Worth it.
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2013
Kartik
"Stunning location and price couldn't be better!!!"
First off I want to mention Ellen and Omar as being most helpful. I lost a cellphone, and needed severel other questions and directions and they were most helpful, as was all of the staff. The rooms were beautiful albeit a bit snug, but gor the price, the hotel can't be beet. You are right on the canal and minutes from the city center, The entire stay was a joy!
4 night trip Jul 24, 2013
"Nice casual hotel."
Fresh, clean... with almost an Ikea-style decor. Heated bathroom floor! Friendly, casual style at reception. Very nice breakfast buffet. Free internet in lobby. Good location. Enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
Eva
"Couldn't ask for more!"
Comfy beds, friendly staff, excellent location for museums, great view of the canals from some rooms, close to tram station, fabulous decor! I couldn't ask for more. The kitchen staff were wonderfully helpful and friendly when I forgot to change my watch and came down for breakfast at the wrong time. Thanks again ladies for your kindness!
1 night trip Jun 5, 2013
Janne

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Rent hotel i roligt område - men små senge"
Hotellet er velholdt og værelserne rene. Medarbejderne er venlige og imødekommende, men sengen på vores værelse var pinligt lille. En person på 1.85 kan IKKE ligge i sengen uden at støde hoved og/eller ben i mod væggen. Det er simpelthen for småt. Det er OK med små værelser; det er ligesom konceptet med Ibis, men en seng, hvor man ikke engang kan ligge med helt almindelig højde - nej tak! Vil jeg komme igen: nej tak.
Romance trip Apr 18, 2016
Belinda W. K.
DK
"Excelente"
Hotel muito confortável e com transporte perto para os diversos lugares de Amsterdã.
3 night romance trip Mar 30, 2016
ROSANA
BR
"静かなエリアでゆっくり過ごす休日"
階段が急で3階の宿泊はご年配の方には難しそう
5 night trip Mar 15, 2016
JP
"bon hotel"
hôtel très agréable avec beaucoup de services, bon accueil multilingue 24/24, quartier facile d'accès en transport , proche des restaurants, des marchés et des musées. Chambre agréable et propre mais lit un peu trop mou. Salle de bain petite mais fonctionnelle, moderne et propre .
4 night romance trip Feb 21, 2016
jean françois
FR
"Ótima opção"
Muito bom hotel... Adorei... Só o WiFi q falhava as vezes mais ta bom!
4 night romance trip Feb 2, 2016
CARLOS A A
BR
"추천해여~"
방은 진짜 딱 원룸? 침대만 들어갈 공간이에요 좁다곤 할 수 있지만 잠만자고 휴식하는덴 지장없어서 편하게 이용했습니다. 와이파이는 전부 무료이며 로비에 커피와 차,물을 마실 수 있게 준비되어있어 잘 이용했습니다.
2 night family trip Jan 20, 2016
Hanseul
KR
"Top"
Silvester in Amsterdam ist sehr empfehlenswert ;)
4 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2015