All hotels in Kingston, New York, United States of America
487 Washington Ave, Kingston, NY, 12401, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"Nice staff, but a total dump."
This place is in need of some major updates, but is fine if you just need a place to crash for a night. The staff is very nice! I didn't sleep well at all (noisy old fridge and AC and drunk neighbors) but what do you expect at this price point?
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Dirty sheets with black hair had to put on clean sheets ourselves
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Typical Super 8 Motel"
GOOD: Competitive price, courteous staff, adequate facilities, decent continental breakfast, and great Olympic Diner across the street. BAD: Smelly microwave, dirty carpet & AC unit, no TV remote or washcloths (however, both were quickly provided upon request).
2 night trip Sep 17, 2014
"A Weekend Stay"
This is a well located hotel and is very comfortable for a base to use. Rooms were very clean and had all the basic amenities. Staff was super helpful, friendly, and always available. Breakfast was fine for a quick start to the day. Good location for seeing the Hudson River attractions and the price was right!
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Jacquie
"Cost effective motel"
Rooms were average motel rooms. Ours felt a little damp upon entering but once the ac was running it was less noticable. The tv remote was missing from our room and we had to ask the front desk for a new one. The tub was discolored from the mat that was supposed to be in it (although it was in front of the sink when we checked in). Average room for an average price.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
chelsea
"Needs updating"
The room was very dated, from the large old clunker of a tv to to the lightshade that had waterstains on it.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"It smells terrible."
Smells bad, terrible beds, the staff was nice though.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"In need of fresh paint!"
Nice location but bad smell in the room and the hotel really need some serious update
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Sylvie
"Very dirty rooms; surly staff"
The first room I walked into was disgusting. There was a strong smell of mold, the carpet was moist all over (probably the source of mold), and the bathroom still had used soap and hair. I requested a different room. While still pretty rough, it was at least passable. I'm no stranger to budge hotels, and generally know what to expect, but this place was awful. Also, the side door to the hotel was broken, so it was always open, which is a security issue. In general, the staff was very surly and not apologetic.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
The stay is fine if you just need a place to stay for the night. The breakfast was not great. It's on the Hudson, and near some sightseeing.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"Kingston Super 8 hotel"
The hotel was very outdated. Located right off the highway. Not as close to the area we were intersted in visiting.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Okay for an overnight stay"
The Hotel location is conveniently located near the interstate. The hotel was priced right for the value and comfort of the rooms. No frills - just a place to lay your head and get a shower.
3 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Horse Show Family
The hotel was close to where we wanted to go,breakfast was cheap,paid $73.00 a night,went to Newburg and stayed at Holliday Inn for $80.00/night,a very motel with queen size beds
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"It is a basic Motel 8"
The staff was very courteous, and helpful. The room was clean nothing fancy, basic continental breakfast. It is in a good location for the area and quiet. We did not go into this hotel expecting anything but basic.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Convenient not worth returning"
Low cost. Curious smell. Cheap motel feeling
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Stannich
"Subpar place!"
Through the years I have book a great deal of travel through Expedia including hotel stays, and I usually make out well and therefore do not review my stay. However I feel the need to speak out about this Super 8. The room was not clean and in disrepair. The tub drain did not work and on our final day the shower handle broke off in my wife's hand. We were told by the front desk that the repair person was not available, so we were given a key to another room in order to shower that day. Needless to say that was very inconvenient.
The toilet was faulty --- We were moved to another room --- All OK Room was pleasant ---
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
Naomi
$89.00 a night is pretty steep for this Hotel but a lot cheaper than others in the area. You get what you pay for I guess
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Promised a pet free room"
I asked for a pet free room. Within 30 min of entering, my son started coughing and itching his eyes. I inspected the carpet to find it covered in dog hair. Beds were clean but carpet was filthy.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
I booked the hotel way in advance. I walked in and the clerk said we are sold out. I said, I have a reservation. The room was not ready, so we left and came back when she said it would be ready. We received a handicap room across from the ice machine. Very inconvenient shower and very noisy.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Friendly, comfortable, reasonably priced facility"
Accessible. Staff very accommodating. Fascinating historic town -- former capital of NY.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Ruth
"Easy to find hotel in Kingston NY."
The hotel could use some "spiffing up" in it's hallways but the breakfast area and room was very clean and tidy.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Meta
"My room was a glorified litter box"
Strong scent of cat urine. Had to buy air fresheners just to fall asleep.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Friendly staff but room was in poor repair."
Staff were very friendly, polite, and helpful. However, the room was in poor repair. Room was clean but the outlets and towel bar were broken.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Clean and convenient"
I would stay here again. Went to the Country Living Fair in Rhinebeck, and this was the least expensive place to stay anywhere around. Clean, and the showerhead was great, which is important. Cons - the breakfast isn't great, and found it bizarre that although this place has two floors, there is no elevator, so you have to carry all your stuff up and down the stairs.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"could use new beds"
it was a nice room....clean and tidy.......the bed was a bit soft but I slept like a log.....I like hard beds. continental breakfast was good. there was plenty of parking, and easy access to the highway. the only bad thing was the smell of throw up in the main stairwell. we stayed three days and used another stairwell as the first was just to awful.. I think it should have been cleaned up. sooner. desk staff was very helpful. great rates for a three night stay. I would say there again. we even visited historic part of Kinston which was fun and it was very close to the fair grounds in rhinbeck.
3 night trip Jun 6, 2014
pearl
"Easy access to turnpike and bridge."
No frills, perfectly comfortable and in the right place. Would stay here again.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
"Great Staff"
The hotel was OK, a bit tired looking, but it served it`s purpose. Great staff, very friendly, very helpful.
1 night trip May 27, 2014
A D
"Visiting sites nearby"
We weren't satisfied with our stay and wouldn't stay there again.
2 night family trip May 19, 2014
John Rager
"Wonderful stay"
Great
1 night trip with friends May 25, 2014
Eilene
Nice room crummy neighbor hood
2 night trip May 23, 2014
Ed sullivan
I have stayed at quite a few Super 8 motels but this room was a letdown. The mattress reminded me of an old swayback horse. The bathroom was in very poor condition. The room smelled of smoke and the heater/ ac was non functional. Staff was pleasant enough. Will not stay here again.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
J Rodriguez
"Best hotel I could have chosen"
I could rave about this motel for days! We went on a hiking trip to the Mohunks and Catskills and this motel is located close to both mountain ranges. It is also conveniently located within a few hundred feet of rt 87 from which we drove. Additionally, the amazingly delicious Dietz diner is located within a few hundred feet, which satisfied my hunger after a long day of hiking. The hotel itself had friendly staff, a surprisingly clean and modern room. I got a room away from road noise, which was great. The continental breakfast, though sparse had oatmeal and activia yogurt which were just what I needed. In the future I will choose no other motel in Kingston. For the price of $75 per night from Hotels.com, I got more than I paid for at Super8. Thanks.
1 night trip May 19, 2014
"Older strip motel"
It would be good for the motel to note in its description that there is no elevator to the second floor, so that guests requiring access can request a no-stairs room. This was an inconvenience for my disabled mother, as there were no rooms available on the ground floor when we checked in. Also, be warned that there is no security at the rear door. The door lock has been disabled, so anyone can wander into the hotel without a key card. Other than that, these issues room was adequate for a weekend stay - clean and comfortable, and the staff was very considerate and helpful.
3 night trip May 16, 2014
"Decent"
Decent smelled kind of funky like old
2 night trip May 9, 2014
"Issues"
Room key didn't work on out second night. Refrigerator made a ticking sound and had to unplug it. Our opened bar of soap was removed and no new soap or shampoo left.
2 night family trip May 3, 2014
Great hotel, nothing fancy but perfect for a quiet night.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Value 8."
Comfortable room, and clean. Helpful, friendly staff. Would be happy to stay there again.
Other trip May 5, 2014
I did not have 3 room together, as I requested. I had 2 on first floor & 1 on second floor.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Except for not having an elevator, our stay was fine. Location was good and staff was friendly.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"A little better than OK"
This Super 8 Motel is conveniently located in the Kingston/ Woodstock area, right near all major highways. The room is large enough and has a king size bed. The room has a refridge and microwave, as well as a small coffee maker. The Motel offers a limited breakfast. The coffee was great.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
Pop & Betty
"Affordable and comfy"
Great value! Comfortable beds and clean rooms. Continental breakfast was nice but could have had a bit more variety. Overall a great experience for a decent price. Would reccomend to a friend.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
alicia
"Very Good Stay"
Bright, cheerfully decorated room, spotlessly clean, quiet, lovely view of pine trees and grassy slope. Friendly helpful staff: when we asked for directions to our destination, having been endlessly lost during the trip, they whipped out a printed sheet which got us there in a flash. Also 5 minutes from a wonderful dining experience at the historic Hoffman House Inn.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Conference"
Carpet in my room and throughout hotel very dirty. Overall condition of room was below average. Needed to be updated.
3 night business trip Apr 3, 2014
"Bargain bedtime"
Not the cleanest place,but the price was right and the hotel staff went out of their way to take care of us. We were perhaps even alittle rowdy after our banquet with no questions asked.I would stay there again...,JW
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Clean hotel"
Nice hotel but the bed was so hard I had trouble sleeping and had back and hip pain for the next 2 days
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
Marie
"Very nice value for the money"
The hotel was nice and clean. Some wear on the hallwall carpets, but clean. The room was very nice. I think this hotel was a great value for the money. It was close to everything in Kingston and Woodstock!
1 night trip with friends Mar 8, 2014
Brenda
"Good room for the price"
The room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was nothing special, basically good for some coffee and cup of juice, maybe a slice of toast. All in all OK, and I will stay there again when I'm visiting Kingston.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Comfort exceeded cost"
Our room was quite nice considering the very reasonable price. Check in and out was fast and trouble free. We were very happy to find that our room came with all the amities that more costly rooms would have such as a coffee pot, microwave oven, refrigerator and a safe. Oh, and the comfortable bed sure topped off the stay off.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
"Pretty dirty"
For the economy price, we expected economy furnishings and maybe even run down conditions. What we found was a filthy room. Urine on the toilet bowl, moldy shower grout, carpet that needed a thorough vacuuming (literally 1/2 inch of dust, hair and God knows what else behind the bed), some sort of spill on the chair as well as on the headboard. Needless to say it was not a good night's sleep. Management needs to up the proficiency of its housekeeping staff and raise the expectations of the routine cleaning. Also, instead of managing accumulated snow and ice outside the exit door, they hung a sign warning about the ice. How about a shovel and some salt or sand? I will never stay in a Super 8 again.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014