All hotels in Seal Beach, California, United States of America
12850 Seal Beach Blvd, Seal Beach, CA, 90740, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good-Except NO Wi-FI!"
Wi-fi was non existant. Very upsetting.
2 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
Great staff, nice rooms. A few things could be improved but a first rate hotel overall.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
No Name
"Excellent Hotel"
We stayed here before going on our cruise. The hotel is very clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. Also was located near everything we needed. I would recommend the hotel. I will be coming back to this hotel in the future.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
L
"very convenient"
Very comfortable! Love the fresh/hot breakfast!
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Van Loney
"Nice hotel near many food and beach choices"
The room, staff, breakfast and location were great.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Beautiful hotel close to everything."
We had such a pleasant stay at this hotel. It is in such a great location. Easy access to the beach, Disney, Long Beach Airport. I loved the wonderf breakfast each morning. It was very quiet and the staff was friendly. I will always stay here whenever I am in Southern Cali.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"Upscale without breaking the bank"
Looking for four star, without paying through the roof. Found this hotel to be just what we were looking for. Room was spacious (queen suite), furniture unique and richly finished with elegant wallpaper, tile and marble sink. Nice. We slept here four nights and the bed was extremely comfortable. Refrigerator in room was great. No noise in hallways, and we even made use of the washer/dryer. Breakfast was made-to-order, and we chose to eat in a couple of times and on the patio on others. We used the hot tub and it was at a perfect temperature for us. Free daily paper and the afternoon cookies were bakery-fresh and chocolately. Delicious experience. Watch for road construction. We had to plan a few more minutes to the airport because of it. Otherwise, we loved our stay here.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Nice quaint hotel in easy access location. Friendly staff. Will stay again.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
"Family vacation"
Room was very nice and clean, staff was great, breakfast had a wide variety not just continental, happy hour is really nice. The access was not real great because of construction. Stores like Target are close and 5 min from the beach. We would certainly stay here again.
5 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
"Mixed bag"
I've stayed in the Seal Beach Ayres many times and have always been satisfied. However, this time a couple issues affected the stay. The construction on I-405 at the Seal Beach exit is really getting to be a hassle, depending on what time and which direction you need to go. Also, the last night of my stay, the fire alarm went off at 3 am, due to a kitchen fire (mostly smoke) in the stove. A short night, but surprisingly the kitchen was open for breakfast at 6 that morning. I'll be back.
3 night business trip Aug 12, 2014
perfect stay! pros: great breakfast cons: location
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Behnam
"great stay"
We just spent one night here but it was enjoyable. We arrived late from LAX and there were no problems checking in. Breakfast was good. We worked out in the fitness center and took a swim. Great hotel. We looked the European look which is a nice change compared to other hotels.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Great weekend with my love"
Love the stay and that weekend. Was close to a lot of places.
2 night romance trip Aug 1, 2014
DC
We loved our stay. The room is a great size, we needed the refrigerator and mircrowave. Loved the downstairs room on the courtyard. Enjoyed the patio at night, loved the lights. We enjoyed both the full breakfast and the happy hour in the evening. We were able to walk across to dinner at Spaghettii. We wlll be back and hopefully soon.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
It was a great place to stay I would recommend it and will stay again
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Great experience great staff"
First time at the Ayres will definitely look at this hotel on our next California trip Front desk staff very helpful The chef for the breakfast is a great asset to this hotel Room was comfortable gran kids used the pull out sofa everything was as advertised Hotel is located about two miles from the beach easy to get to
5 night family trip Jul 14, 2014
Janet
"Comfy, Cozy, and Close... to the beach."
Everything was nice about this hotel. It was comfy, cozy, and close to the beach. BUT the shower wasn't the best. The water lightly comes out of the shower head which is great for highly sensitive people, but it made it a lot longer to rinse anything off. So if you like a water massage on the back and such, you will be very disappointed. Also, the breakfast was nicely set up and very delicious, BUT if you like bacon... there is none. BYOBacon.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Good location, hotel needs freshening"
The hotel services and staff were quite good, but the room could use a deep cleaning. The closet smelled like dirty shoes.. bathroom very clean. The room was quiet and the breakfast ok for the price of the room. Overall just above average.
3 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Good value and location!"
This is our first time at hotel and we really liked the convenient location to the freeway and beaches (just a short drive). The lobby was inviting, rooms were clean and everyone was very friendly. We didn't have time to take advantage of the outdoor fireplace or pool, but they looked very nice. Great value and we were so happy we stayed there!
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Jamie
"Seal beach hotel..."
Stayed here due to reviews on expedia. Great hotel and lovely hot breakfast which probably saved me over 40.00 at Denny's. Too bad it is still a 25 minute drive to our fave beach or we would plan in staying here again.
Alicia
"A Gem"
What a nice hotel. This was the last of 5 hotels on our stop from San Fran down to Long Beach. The room we had was great. It was on the first floor and had very nice hard & soft goods, a 12' ceiling, comfortable beds, reliable A/C, nice pool and hot tub, good highway access, and a very good breakfast! We are going to advise it to friends on our next visit for a local wedding.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
Tom and Joan
"Our Summer Vacation"
Very nice hotel, quiet in the room, excellent amenities including free full breakfast everyday, free happy hour, and free parking. A car is a must-have since the beach is actually a couple of miles away and there are no shuttles, etc. However, several beaches are fairly easy to get to (freeway driving is a nightmare).
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Jodi
"Musty Rooms"
The hotel was in a good location close to shopping and access to the freeway. The look of the hotel was nice, but my room had a very strong musty smell. I opened the window, but it didn't really help, and as I was on the first floor anyone could just walk up to the window and come in so I didn't feel comfortable leaving it open. I only stayed 1 night, so I put up with the smell. I wouldn't stay here again though. I made my reservation through Hotels.com and when I checked out, the desk clerk mistakenly gave me a receipt. The room rate was $40 less than what Hotels.com charged me. I asked why the rate difference and the manager who was standing there took the receipt back and said it was a mistake and that he shouldn't have given me that receipt and that it was for the wrong room. I saw my name on the receipt though, so that wasn't the case. Apparently, if you go through a 3rd party, you end up paying more for the room! I thought it was the opposite. Silly me.
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
"Close to fine dining and the beach"
Had a great stay. Really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Would definitely recommend the Ayres to all. Great anniversary present for both my wife and I.
1 night romance trip May 31, 2014
R. Howard
"Beautiful, friendly and helpful"
We had a great stay and were impressed with the accommodations, friendliness of the staff and the breakfast buffet was super!
Other trip May 31, 2014
"CONVENIENT YET QUIET"
Our trip to California's southern coast was to be a quick hit of all the hotspots we had heard about. This hotel was easy access on and off major expressways and highways, convenient to beaches, shopping! We were more than pleasantly surprised with how quiet everything was despite our initial fear that we were too close for comfort.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Chris & Carissa
"Good!"
Very satisfied other than the fact that our room was next to an exit door that kept slamming shut, very happy! 3rd time staying. Very nice staff:)
1 night business trip May 20, 2014
Bishops
"Nice hotel, friendly staff, easy access to 405."
The staff was great, always friendly and helpful. Good location.
Other trip May 23, 2014
TravelKat
"Comfortable place to meet with family and friends"
We have used this hotel several times as meeting place when our family comes in from out of town.
Other trip May 18, 2014
K
"Great location ......highways in any direction"
They serve a full breakfast.....very good. Easy access.
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Very Nice Hotel!"
It was really a nice place to stay; Very nice rooms, wonderful breakfast, Staff was great. The only think that could have been better is the availability of a shuttle. Shuttle to and from Air Port and for around Seal Beach. This would have made our stay "excellent".
2 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
June
"Awsome"
very nice and comfortable hotel, nice neighborhood , perfect breakfast, and as a Muslim you can find lot of options. so near to Disneyland and the only issue is the way to LA and Universal studios and Santa Monica beach as the way is little bit far and the traffic is so bad in LA and to the way to LA downtown. anything else this hotel is so so perfect
4 night family trip Apr 19, 2014
Firas Khater
"Very nice"
TV was too small for the size of the room but that was the only thing negative.
2 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
Az
"Beautiful place to stay"
The kids enjoyed the heated salt water pool while we enjoyed the jacuzzi. The breakfast was a feast!!! The building was beautiful and the rooms charming. The staff were very polite and professional. I will stay again at an Ayres Hotel. Thank you for a terrific time.
Response by Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Dear Jodi, Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay! I am happy to hear that the kids were able to enjoy the pool while the adults were relaxed in the jacuzzi, It is also great that you were able to enjoy the feast in the morning by our amazing chefs! We greatly appreciate your enthusiastic review and hope you will have the chance to visit us again very soon. Sincerely, Steve De Lugo General Manager
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
Jodi
"Nice room."
Stayed for business. Good free breakfast. Friendly staff. Clean room
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
derek
"to see a prostondontist We never saw any sights."
Both my daughter and I were sick all night and we had a hard time being in the hotel. The breakfast was very good. I liked being close to places to shop and eat. When we entered the room, the bathtub was full of water and would have run over if I had not let the water out.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
Ron Riding
"Wonderful hotel"
We were very impressed with how nice everyone and everything was. We wish that there were more of these hotels to stay at.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
"Great Hotel that is close to every thing"
Staff was courteous and professional always. They went out of their way to make the stay comfortable. Cleaning staff was friendly and accommodating every day.
Response by Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Dear Johnnie, Thank you for choosing us for your stay and writing your review. We know that providing great guest service is a huge part of our guests' experiences, and we are happy to hear that our wide range of services were accommodating during your stay. It is great to know that our location was convenient in all aspects, and provided a wide range of activities to choose from. We hope that you will have the chance to visit again very soon! Sincerely, Steve DeLugo General Manager
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
Johnnie
"Perfect Romantic Getaway"
Beautiful room, lobby and pool area. Great hotel for a little getaway. Close to Seal Beach and Los Alamitos. Easy Freeway access.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
tiffany
"construction"
Construction was a bit of a pain but overall a 4.6 rating is acurate.Was a nice hotel was a large room beds were comfortable and staff was great check in time is at 3:00 they were kind enough to let us check in at 11:30.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
I really like it, they are friendly and if you need a late check out, they will work with you.
3 night business trip Feb 28, 2014
Shirlei Martins
"My first review - Absolutely remarkable."
The photographs were appealing, but historically with hotels, especially on the cheaper end, I've been fooled. They usually end up being smaller, the sheets end up being cheaper etc. This hotel blew me away. 4.something rating they have on Expedia is well deserved, if not a little low. 1. Staff - The hotel staff was extraordinarily well trained. Every time I walked into the lobby, they stopped whatever they were doing and greeted me warmly. I have been made to feel less welcome at much larger, more expensive hotels. They were as helpful as they possibly could be, as well. 2. Facilities - To be honest, I didn't often leave the hotel room, but the lobby and breakfast room were always clean and in good condition. There were even free cookies in the lobby every day. 3. Room Cleanliness / Comfort - The room was in perfect condition. Everything was comfortable. I had a great night's sleep, which was the most shocking. The hotel is relatively close to the highway, so I expected to hear cars and honking all night. I didn't hear a thing.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Andy
"Nicer than expected"
Hotel was very beautifully decorated. Staff was friendly and attentive. Jacuzzi was nice and warm and clean. Breakfast was delicious and more than bagels. Eggs, sausage, french toast, pancakes and choice of juices. Comfy beds and great location right off the 405 and across the street from Spaghettini where we attended a live performance of Jay Gore Band. I would recommend this hotel to others and stay there again. Very nice.
1 night trip with friends Feb 8, 2014
PJ
"Very nice experience."
Clean, well-maintained facility. Feels like a high-end luxury property. Free breakfast is high quality--not the typical continental breakfast you get most places. This had eggs, omelets made to order, bacon, sausage, pancakes, french toast, fruit, pastries, cereal, etc.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
Alex
"Decent hotel, great service."
The service was excellent. We really needed a late checkout, and they were very accommodating. The AC/heater in the room was very loud. Kept us from getting a good night's sleep. The beds were comfortable; however, that AC/heater was just too much.
2 night trip Jan 10, 2014
LN
"Easy on and off the freeway"
Great location for traveling all around the beach area. Even though our room was steps from the freeway, we couldn't hear it at all. Beautiful hotel and rooms.
5 night trip Dec 29, 2013
"Good hotel"
Thank you for the nice beds, firm enough and the big room
3 night family trip Dec 30, 2013
We've stayed at this hotel 5 or 6 times when visiting family. Convenient, right off the 405. Staff is always pleasant, the rooms are clean, large, and quiet even when facing the freeway. Full breakfast is included; we recommend eating on the patio if weather permits. There's no bar/lounge for a glass of wine, but Spaghettini's Grill and Jazz Club is just across the Blvd. We heard some amazing jazz there last Saturday night. Best of all, the hotel feels family-owned; not the same impersonal corporate feel of the huge chains.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"Romantic Weekend gone bad"
The room did not have a fireplace as advertised, in order to get a fireplace we had to pay additional. The logs for the fireplace was like a pile of toxic wood and it did not even burn for an hour as promised, no use in complaining about that, the rooms need renovating, the upside this hotel is down the street from a very tranquil beach and the morning breakfast seemed to over a wide range of breakfast foods. I will return prob because of the location. I wish their were more hotels in the area.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2013
Erilia
"Wonderful First Experience with Ayers"
We really enjoyed our stay at Ayers, our first experience with this hotel chain of Southern Calif. We usually stay at Hampton Inns & Embassy Suites, but found this hotel online at a discounted stay price, so we decided to try it out. The beds were very comfortable, which is very important to us - we both have pain issues. We would have preferred a king bed, but only queens were available, so this is what we had for four days/nights. The breakfast options were great - better than those at Hampton Inn hotels & almost as good as what we get at the Embassy Suite hotels. The location was extremely convenient for visiting our family & shopping, so we will most likely stay again. The only deterrent could be the cost if we can't get the same type of deal (the usual cost is quite a bit higher). The staff were wonderful & very accommodating! The shower experience was pretty good - enough water pressure & hot water & the linens were comfortable. We appreciated the opportunity to reuse our linens & help with our environment. Unfortunately, we didn't get to experience the happy hour offerings - always had family obligations during this time frame. Maybe they could start happy hour a little earlier? Overall, a great experience & we will most likely come back!!!!
4 night trip Dec 1, 2013