All hotels in Vienna, Austria
Praterstrasse 72, Vienna, Vienna, 1020, Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

Quite clean
    Good internet service
    Great amenities
"Great Find away from City Center"
Very pleasant stay. Staff was extremely pleasant and very helpful and willing to help. Breakfast was superb.
5 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Ronald K
"Great hotel, friendly staff, good location"
Great, classic hotel. Staff was helpful, Christopher was wonderful! Breakfast was good, comfy bed. Easy access to the U (subway) and busses yet neighborhood was quiet. I'd stay here again!
3 night romance trip Nov 5, 2015
Kelli
We had a very nice stay at this hotel. The receptionists are very friendly and the room is very clean and comfortable. Breakfast is good.
3 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
Grace
"Great value"
Excellent hotel. Right near a subway stop that wisks you downtown in a few minutes. Very helpful staff.
6 night trip Oct 24, 2015
"Conveniently located hotel with a lot of character"
We arrived at Austria Classic Wien Hotel late in the evening without luggage, as it got delayed during a connecting flight in Paris. The staff at the front desk was extremely helpful, even handing us emergency toiletry kits. We were 3 people and we had one room each. My room was on the first floor, relatively small and with a twin bed. My two travel companions (females) were assigned much larger rooms on the second floor with double beds. When I asked for an explanation since we had all paid the same rate, there was none. Other than that, our stay was very pleasant. The staff were helpful and courteous. I was surprised that one of them even spoke very fluent Spanish, which is our native language. Breakfast was good with a nice assortment of cereals, pastries (of course, this is Vienna!!!), cold cuts, cheeses, etc. It was not fancy but plentiful and filling.
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
Pablo
"Excellent place for touring."
Very convenient to metro and historic sites. Staff very helpful and breakfast excellent. Would stay again.
4 night romance trip Oct 14, 2015
ted
Very good hotel in nice neighborhood ! Easy access to train station and metro & the main area of Stephan platz.
5 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
CAWAS
"Nice hotel small rooms"
We only stayed two nights. The hotel was very clean, modern (a/c, lift, wifi) and located just outside the old ring on Praterstrasse near the station and park. The staff were very helpful. A hearty breakfast was included. Our twin room and most we observed were quite small. Perhaps superior or larger room are available but not when we stayed.
2 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
"Excellent hotel at a moderate price."
Spacious room and very helpful, friendly staff. We would be happy to stay there again.
9 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
"Good location in historic building"
Loved this hotel. Beautiful exterior, lovely wood reception. Good Elevator but about eight steps to room, which is not a problem, but I am mobility challenged. Room was all new Abd very clean with a window that opened, and strong ac. Like many European hotels, the room was, small, but functional. Fine for a single or couple but tight when traVeling with a friend. The people at the reception were very friendly and helpful. There was a nice terrace to sit outside on the roof of the first floor. The jewel of the visit was a five star breakfast. Excellent
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Close to transit stops. Very nice breakfast and breakfast areas. Very helpful and friendly staff! I'm not sure I'll go back to Vienna, but if I did, I would stay here again.
4 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
JAMES
"Good location and value!"
This hotel worked great for our family. We spent a few days in Vienna, and then headed for Budapest. We needed a couple days to see Vienna, and the 10-minute walk to the downtown area was great. Good service. We'd stay there again!
2 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Christopher
A MOST ENJOYABLE AND COMFORTABLE STAY. AN EXCELLENT LOCATION AND A MOST HELPFUL STAFF.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
Hotel is in between and close to two underground stops, which makes it convenient to all of Vienna. Rooms were clean and well kept and the breakfast was very good as well.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Excellent location for local transit, comfortable"
We stayed for three nights and were entirely pleased. Good staff, small but well-laid out rooms with everything we needed. Good breakfasts. Quick transit to the metro and to the airport. And the price was right!
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
"Exceptional value for a fair price."
My family and I recently stay at the Hotel Wien for just 2 nights. We booked a quad room which turned out to be much more satisfying than we had anticipated. The rooms were well decorated, the furniture was new and functional, the beds were comfortable, and the air conditioning worked wonderfully. When we first arrived the man who checked us in was more than helpful. He went out of his way to give us information on getting down to the popular sites and also made an excellent recommendation of an authentic restaurant specializing in Viennese dishes. It was reasonably priced, close to the hotel, and excellent quality food. The breakfast buffet was exceptional compared to 95% of all European hotels that I have stayed at in France and Germany. So much selection and high quality food - included in the price of the room. Finally, the parking was conveniently and private and only cost 12 Euros per night. Pretty reasonable I would say. I will definitely stay at this hotel for any future visits to Vienna and I will recommend it to any who ask.
Other trip May 30, 2015
Dr. Bob
"Nice stay at a classic hotel"
We worked primarily with Christoph at the front desk. He was so friendly, courteous and spoke English very well. He had excellent recommendations for dinner locations and places to grab a drink. (Many restaurants won't serve a drink unless you have dinner as well) Rooms were comfortable and clean. My husband and I had some difficulty sleeping on the two twin beds that were pushed together. Breakfast was very good. Location was a 2 block walk to trains which can take you all over the city. We took the train to the airport as well which was easy and economical.
3 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Nice hotel near metro station and tourist spots"
We stayed only one night, but we found the hotel satisfactory. Breakfast was included, but we left too early to try it (nevertheless we were offered coffee by the desk staff). It is well located and the staff were friendly. Hotel is about a block from metro/tram/bus/train station at Praterstern, and within walking distance from Stephanplatz (about 15 minutes) and other tourist spots ---which are also reachable by metro/tram/bus. The hotel does not have a restaurant, but there are at least two nice traditional Austrian restaurants at about one block from the hotel (either direction) and several other restaurants with international offerings on the same street (Praterstrasse) and nearby. Also close to the Prater amusement park.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Roke
"Friendly, knowledgeable, perfect staff"
Great breakfast, great staff. Old hotel and overprice,not in one of the best neighborhood
4 night romance trip May 18, 2015
Kianoosh
The bathrooms were smaller than I expected but in all an excellent property, well located and well priced. The park behind the hotel was a great place to run, walk and stroll
Other trip May 21, 2015
"lovely in Viena"
great hotel and Service .staff was gente and always helpful.
1 night romance trip May 18, 2015
Jose Armando
"Fabulous hotel in great location"
The classic vien hotel is great easy access from airport on the S7 line. Right next to nest nestriyplart station. Wonderful helpful friendly staff. A lovely neighborhood with easy access to all the sites. You will love it.
Other trip May 9, 2015
married retiree
wonderful! everything was clean and staff was very helpful and friendly. Wifi worked well, yummy free breakfast.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Wonderful hotel easy access to Old Town Vienna"
Outstanding! Classic hotel with everything you need. Location is perfect two blocks from a UBahn station and two stops on the Red Line to St Stephans Platz. Greatbreatfast. The bar is super for afternoon or evening drinks. Staff is wonderful. Beds are comfortable and rooms though somewhat small are very nice. We will stay here again. Thanks.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Personalized attention"
We have stayed at this hotel for two years in a row while attending a conference. The staff is very attentive to any requests from the desk staff to the breakfast staff and bar staff. The hotel is spotless and the rooms very clean. The only complaint that we would have is that the "double" bed is two twins put together and makes sleeping a little difficult. The location is great for subway access and the neighborhood felt very safe.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Clean room, very nice breakfast and kind personnel.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Great hotel near public transport & Prater"
This is an excellent hotel. The front desk staff are very friendly and give good tips about dining and sights. The breakfast is plentiful, with breads, cold meats & cheeses, cereal, yogurts, pastries, fresh fruits and different beverages. The hotel is well-maintained. Public transport in available about 2 minutes away at the Praterstern U-bahn/S-bahn station. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Lynn
"It couldn't be better"
The hotel room is very clean and cozy and the breakfast was awesome which is always fresh and various. Well, I just miss the mouthwatering breakfast. The hotel is located within 3 minutes walks from Praterstern station and there are a fancy restaurant and a market around the hotel. I will definitely stay this hotel when I visit Vienna next time.
4 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Soo Jin
"Location, location"
A nice hotel. In a great location. A short walk from the S7 that runs to and from the airport. Also close to connecting trains to and from the city center but can walk easily. Direct and easy to get around town
Ian
Charming hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Very clean. Breakfast buffet was wonderful even for us picky vegans. Construction work didn't affect us at all and that's a compliment.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Pleasant hotel in a great area."
The hotel is very close to the U-Bahn, shops and cafes. It's not the newest or fanciest hotel but it is clean and the staff could not be more helpful or friendly. Breakfast is included and we were able to skip lunch every day by eating a good breakfast. I have stayed at a more expensive hotel in another area but the next time I visit Vienna, I will be staying at the Austria Classic.
3 night trip with friends Feb 8, 2015
"Second Visit This Year!"
I had the great luck to visit the beautiful city of Vienna twice in 2014 - in May and in December. On both occasions I also had the pleasure of staying at the Austria Classic Hotel Wien. I can't praise Frau Seitz and her staff too highly. The folks at the reception desk, especially Christoph, Andrea, and Michaela were especially helpful, kind and patient. The breakfast buffet included with the room was consistently delicious thanks to Fiorella and Gabriela. My room was spotless when I arrived, and it stayed that way. This hotel is just a short block or so from the U-Bahn station which, with one stop between takes you to the middle of Vienna at Stephansplatz. One stop away at Schwedenplatz and you can begin an easy to follow stroll around the Vienna ring with too many wonderful sights to mention along the way. I highly recommend the Aida Konditorei (confection shop) for some heavenly pastry and coffee - only like three store away from the hotel. If I ever get to go to Wien again, I will certainly stay at the Austria Classic Hotel Wien.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Walter
"Great hotel for a return trip to Vienna"
I lived in Vienna for 4 months during a study abroad program and was very excited to return again. I found the Austria Classic Hotel Wien and so glad we booked. The staff was helpful and polite - I felt like family coming in and out of the hotel. The location could not be any better (accessible by U1, U2 and S7 to the airport). Breakfast was lovely and delicious. Would love to stay here again on a return trip.
5 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Katherine
"Hotel Wein"
The Hotel Wein is a nice yet simple and affordable hotel with a truly wonderful staff.
3 night trip Oct 29, 2014
"Vienna Vote"
The only thing not perfect was the location. But for the price, it was close enough. It was a long walk (30 minutes) or a metro ride to get to the city center. Breakfast was wonderful (GREAT COFFEE). Room was nice size, beautiful baths.
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Ranita
"A most enjoyable stay"
My brother and I spent a most enjoyable time at this hotel. It is very conveniently located, just two stops from the center on the metro. Breakfast is first class with a wide selection. The front desk is friendly and attentive. The rooms are comfortable and well maintained.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Douglas
Hotel was clean and fresh, staff were welcoming. The room is well-equipped and the bathroom spacious. Excellent shower! Hotel is a great location and met all our needs for a short break in VIenna. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again. The price we paid represented excellent value in a capital city.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Very"
Very nice hotel ! Close to the city center, either walking or by metro. Rooms are very comfortable with air conditioning. Breakfast is abundant and offers a wide variety of choice.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Very convenient to transportation"
Wonderful old-world charm. Congenial and helpful staff. Ample breakfasts. Our room was very comfortable and quiet throughout our stay.
7 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
Garrison Nelson
"Great place!"
Convenient to the Prater and public transport. Hotel staff was extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was EXCELLENT with variety of types of foods and the opportunity to enjoy breakfast outside in a lovely warm, sunny Vienna morning. The room was in a quiet area with comfortable beds, down comforters, and large window that could be opened. The biggest challenge was trying to figure out the "shower curtain" (Actually a partly folding door --European style) on no sleep after an overnight flight! Great hotel and we'll stay there again!
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Singer
Note that underground to hotel is walking a few blocks. The nearest exit is all stairs. An elevator is located about 4 blocks down.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Excellent choice"
My wife and I stayed three nights and were very pleased with this hotel. The breakfast is really wonderful, as others have noted, and the room was very comfortable. Good air-conditioner too, a must during the summer months. Especially liked the bathroom which was large and spacious with a very good fully enclosed shower and double sinks, and the fact that the toilet is in a separate enclosed room, with an exhaust fan, across from the bathroom ... unusual but convenient! Good TV with many English-language channels. Friendly, helpful staff, who all speak English pretty well, thankfully. Very quiet and peaceful. Good location; quite close to metro stations and also a major train station. The hop-on, hop-off tour bus also stops at the Prater (ferris wheel) next to the train station, just a five-minute walk from the hotel. Very convenient. Several good restaurants nearby, for lunch and dinner. Just an all-around great choice; we enjoyed it.
3 night trip Jun 4, 2014
Jeff G.
"City hotel close to public transportation"
Friendly staff at the reception who showed us several tourist spots and restaurants on the map during check-in. The hotel has easy access to public transportation, including trains and the underground metro system.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"Great place for the price"
My overall impression was very good. Staff was accomodating. The bathroom was on the small size. As in most european hotels no face cloth was provided.
4 night trip May 20, 2014
Gunter Fuss
Very nice. Mattresses were just OK. The guy that worked in the bar was helpful and courteous. The breakfast was excellent.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
"Good location, quiet hotel and friendly staff."
Easy to get to the hotel from airport or main train station with S-train to Praterstern Station. Another station in oposite direction from hotel is Nestroylpl U1-Bahn lines (subway) that connects with the other U-bahn lines ; very easy to get everywhere in the city. Both stations 5 min walk to/from the hotel. Stayed there 5 nights in Austria Classic Hotel Wien, felt like home. Wonderful experience.
Other trip May 24, 2014
Stegin
"Austrian Classic Hotel Wien"
The hotel is in a great location. Next to the Prater Park. The Praterstien Station is only a few steps away from the front door of the hotel. Very quite area.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Bon
"great hotel with excellent breakfast"
The hotel met our needs perfectly. The breakfasts were very nice, and the room was comfortable with fast wireless and a nice shower. We didn't have time to try the sauna, but wanted to. We will definitely recommend this to others.
3 night family trip Apr 21, 2014
"Close to Main Rail Station"
If you plan on touring, it's not super convenient, but the subway is close enough. Breakfast was good. Room was ok. But it fit all 3 of us comfortably. I would stay again if we needed to but I would most likely pick a different area close to Stephansplatz. But when you've never been to Vienna, you don't know exactly what you are looking for.
3 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"Good value close to metro"
Clean and affordable hotel conveniently located close to the metro. A 5 min metro ride from the hotel will get you to central Vienna. The surrounding area was ok considering the price we paid to stay at the hotel. Heating/air-conditioning did not work in our room. Free Wi-Fi worked great and free breakfast was good.
2 night family trip Mar 31, 2014