All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1000 Olive St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93405, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

2.9
    2.8
    2.6
"Fine for business"
Comfortable room. Free breakfast was just pasties and coffee not worth advertising. It had a restaurant on site (Cajun) that had good reviews from the local yelpers. Would have gone if the stay was longer.
2 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
Cheryl
Good place to land for the night. Inexpensive, quiet and roomy. The Cowgirl Cafe across the street had very good home cookin' for breakfast (not greasy either!).
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"Okay for one night, a mixed bag"
The young man working the desk on Monday night 5/18/15 at about 9pm was extremely nice and helpful. The room was a bit lacking. The trash can in the room had not been emptied; the shower head was bad -- hard to turn on and off and with poor water pressure; some of the lamps and lights did not work or were not very bright. On Tuesday 5/19 morning at about 8am I got a garbled phone call about their needing my paperwork for checkout, even though checkout time was not until 11. This was annoying, and would have been even more so had I been trying to sleep in. But when I went to check out, I was not asked for any paperwork. Very strange.
1 night business trip May 18, 2015
Tracy
"Marginal"
You get what you pay for
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Ramada"
Ramada was okay for the price the the location of the hotel
1 night trip Apr 11, 2015
"A+"
Lower rates would have been appreciated...
1 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
Pauline
"Bad experience"
Room was dirty and the service was poor. Staff made commitments that were not kept. Would never stay there again.
3 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"Cheap and dirty"
Wi-fi did not work. Maid walked in on me when I arrived in my room.
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thank you for staying at the Ramada Inn Olive Tree in San Luis Obispo where we strive to provide courteous and professional service to all our guests.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Nice Stay"
The quality of service was good. The staff was very friendly. The room was clean and the the amenities were great.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
Rhonda
AC unit was too loud to use on a hot evening. Noise from above and adjacent units.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Ok, but not great."
Overall my stay was good. The bed was pretty uncomfortable unfortunately, but not the worst I've slept in. The bed didn't seem to have the correct fitted sheet on it because it kept coming off. The room had what you'd expect for amenitie. I like that it had a fridge I could put some groceries in and the tv had satellite which was nice. Being 6'4 I was annoyed to find that the shower head only went as high as my chest, but I'm used to that in hotels. My only real complaint was that house keeping left the main window into my room wide open for anyone to gain access, luckily nothing was taken while I was out. Overall I might stay there again if they make some comfort changes, even a pillow top mattress pad would drastically improve the bed comfort.
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thank you for staying at the Ramada Inn Olive Tree in San Luis Obispo where we strive to provide courteous and professional service to all our valued guests.
2 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
Kris
"Overall cleaniness"
Bed sheets, pillow cases, and floor was not clean. Towels were extremely thin. Very noisy, with a dog barking in a room very close to ours.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Darryl
"Leisure"
Large room. Good amenities. Okay breakfast. Loud. Can hear doors opening. Flush can be heard
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
jd
"Decent hotel in the two star range."
We were able to book a dog friendly room, which was pretty awesome. It's a motel more than a hotel, so don't expect anything lavish. Breakfast was decent - I like waffles.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Cheri
"Close to freeway and plenty of eating places/"
It was a nice stay but the bed (mattress) needs to be replaced. Appeared to be broken on one side. Other than that the stay was nice.
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thank you for staying at the Ramada Inn-Olive Tree in San Luis Obispo where we strive to provide courteous and professional service to all our guests.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Don't stay at Ramada Inn, San Luis Obispo"
When I arrived in my room there was dog excrement behind the door, not cleaned up. Need I say more? I was put in another room of course. The worker and manager A.J. Patel had still not cleaned it up the next day when I asked. They were too lazy to clean it up, so they let it fester in the carpet all night. The bread was moldy at the breakfast station and the manager A.J. Patel blamed it on the guests! He was too lazy to check and maintain his own food station which was just feet away from his desk!
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Rudolph
"Nice hotel near CalPoly"
I basically only used it to sleep as we had a busy schedule planned out while visiting our daughter whom attends CalPoly
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Comfortable and reasonable"
Everything here was great except the towels. I could see makeup stains from a previous guest. Internet worked well and I was able to check out early. Missed the breakfast but nice that it was offered.
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thank you for staying at the Ramada Inn Olive Tree where we strive to provide courteous and professional service to all our guests.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
"Best hotel in SLO."
This is the most convenient, reasonably priced hotel in town. The rooms are kept spotless, the staff is friendly, and the coffee at the free breakfast is as good as Starbucks or Peet's. And to top the experience off, a really, really good Cajun restaurant and bar next door!
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
micheal
The hotels is very outdated. The towels provided are as thin as paper towels. the room was clean
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Had a wonderful stay. It was close to the restaurants and the freeway.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Last resort only"
Horrible. I was given the wrong room key and entered another gentlemans room(friendly reminder, always use the double lock) The clerk didn't think it was a big deal. Hair on the ballroom wall didn't match mine. Long black hair and i'm blonde. Towels very dingy and stained.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Ok for the price"
The accommodations are what you should expect for the price. Nice feature though is the rooms during both stays had a small fridge and microwave oven. Newer HDTV's with DirecTV HD. Continental breakfast is OK for a quick pastry with juices or coffee. If you are here to visit Cal-Poly, then it is a great location. Easy access to 101 freeway to get to where you want to go. If you are staying in the area for at least a week, it would be worth spending more money to stay at a more comfortable place with more amenities and updated facilities.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Poor conditions"
The front desk person was very pleasant. The room rate was low, which I needed at the time. However, the quality and condition of the hotel did not match the price. I can truly say I've never been more disgusted. There was what looked like an old wadded piece of gum on the bedpost; there was a closed door with a missing doorknob; the bedding looked like it was from the 70s - not just the style but the age of the material. It was really, really gross.
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2015
"not bad for 2 stars"
It was clean and spacious but I think it's because they have us the handicap access room.
1 night trip Jan 16, 2015
sonia
"DIRTY AND OLD HOTEL...."
DIRTY AND OLD HOTEL....
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
DANTE
"Holidays and happy stays..."
Good value! Convenient for our needs
1 night business trip Dec 20, 2014
"Comfortable place"
Good location easy access to freeway and mall great restaurant around the area
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
rokey
"Rude staff"
I understand check in times, but making people wait till 3pm even when the rooms are available is just bad customer service. And being RUDE about it is even worse. Stay someplace else. Then a "rush" of people trying to check in at 3pm. I have seen tolite paper thicker than the towels in the room. And writing down your credit card number on a piece of paper for "security deposit" was the last straw. I would never stay at a Ramada again until they explain that.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Good location, right next to freeway and close to downtown SLO.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Disappointing for a Ramada."
We were very disappointed with this motel. There was problems getting hot water for a shower, both in the evening and the following morning. The water temperature would go cold for several minutes, numerous times during an attempt to have a shower. The room was poorly maintained, the towel racks were falling off the walls. The breakfast area only had room for about six people to be seated, and was terribly congested to get any kind of breakfast. I would compare this motel to a mom and pop owned motel that you would pay significantly less for a night, not a Ramada. There are lots of motels in this location, so I unfortunately would not recommend this motel to anyone.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"t"
The hotel was okay. It smelled bad but I carry lysol any way. I reported that my heater wasn't working in room, twice. They didn't fix it. The hotel was cleaned and front desk friendly. Very close to fast food and freeway. It is okay for a night stay.
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thank you for taking time off to feedback us. we take your feedback seriously to improve our services. Our promise to you when you visit us again changes are done. Happy Holiday..
2 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
Nelwyn
"Overall not great"
Rooms right above smells from Cajun restaurant. Overall lack of cleanliness, towel racks falling out of wall, breakfast lacked freshness.
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thanks for taking time off to feedback us. Apologized for inconvenience . Our promise to you that we will continue thrive to improve and changes are done in past.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
JD
"Dirty range in Kitchenette...."
Arrived and all went well with the receptionist... got into my room and unpacked... noticed dried food on the electric range near the sink . Woke up in the morning and went to the office to try out their continental breakfast and their was no coffee made? they said it would be ready at 7:30AM, I arrived at 8AM? So I decide to try the orange juice dispenser and the only thing that came out was orange colored looking water! I went back to the room and was locked out? I went to the office (different receptionist) and let them know that I was in RM129 and my card key didn't work... after with him that I paid in advance for two nights he argued with me that I must be in a different room other than 129 as that they have no record of who is where? This was listed as a THREE STAR hotel? I would hate to see a four star hotel if it is like this one!
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"Good hotel for a decent price"
Breakfast was skimpy - only some muffins and bagels. I went to the restaurant instead.
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thanks for your feedback. apologized for we did not meet your expectations. We thrive to improve our services.
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
"nice clean (not luxury) lodging"
booked last minute to be near cal state slo for a campus visit
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
enikoe
"Not so Good Experience"
The front desk was not helpful at all. When I asked for recommendation of restaurant, the receptionist said yo can dine in here or go across the street. The next day morning, I found out there was a lot of brochure about dining in SLO. This is Ramada Inn but it is independently own. This is not a true Ramada Inn.
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Thick dust"
Great restaurant and nice staff but the room needed a deep spring cleaning
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
Ginger
"Girls Getaway in SLO"
SLO was the meeting place for a mid-state get away for two friends from San Jose and Mission Viejo. Our room was clean and included a microwave and refrigerator, which was handy for the snacks we brought along. The two beds were comfortable and we slept well, as the location was quiet. Sadly, we were mislead by the hotel description and information from the front desk on the condition of the swimming pool. Pool hours were posted as 9am, although the front desk told us the pool opened at 9:30 am. At 9:30 we discovered a sign on the pool fence stating that the pool, a sick green color, was not open. Further information from the front desk was that the pool would open shortly, which never happened. If a pool is included in the hotel description, it should be open and functioning. We didn't appreciate wasting time waiting for a swim that did not materialized.
"Just don't"
Carpet, drapes and bedding was terribly stained and horrible. No hot water and the staff didn't even seem embarassed. They are probably just worn out. The Ramada franchise would be horrified if they stated here. I have a feeling some rooms were modernized and were better but all other hotels in SLO were sold out so I got the left overs. I felt like is been camping. I slept on top of the bed in my clothes And washed in cold water in a sink. On the plus side, the location was good. The area felt very safe. There was adequate parking. If they just upgraded the sad interiors and fixed the water problem it could have good potential
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
"Great location, not a nice hotel"
The hotel is walking distance from downtown, which is great. But it's just not a very nice hotel. We paid extra to upgrade to the suite so we'd have a kitchen since we were traveling with an infant. So we ended up paying $160- the room is not worth anywhere near that. The headboard fell off the wall, one of the lamps didn't have a working switch, the kitchen had nothing in it, the AC units were antiquated, etc. None of these are a huge deal, but each little one added up to just not a nice stay- if we had paid maybe $70-80, it would have been about right. But for that price, it's just not worth what we paid. On top of that, the continental breakfast is pretty bare bones and the pool (which looks beautiful on the website!) was closed and green.
"Two from So Cal."
The swiming pool was not open. the bathroom toilet seat was broken. But for the price it was not bad.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Never Again for me."
This room was not worth the price. The bathrooms has mildew around the windowsand walls, dirty shower curtain, carpet was dirty. Had a chain as an extra lock which seemed really unsafe. I did not want to take my socks off in the room. There was also dirty water that came up from the sink and flooded our room. All they did was put towels down and gave us garbage bags to walk on. Will not stay here again.
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
"Needs updating and a deep clean"
We place seemed like it needed a deep cleaning and reprinting. The walls and floors just didnt feel clean. The shower had visible mold on the ceiling. The hallways were the same. Also old bedspreads and pillows of all shapes and sizes- mostly flattened by time. You could hear your neighbor too much as well. We. Will not return!
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thank you for staying at the Ramada Inn Olive Tree in San Luis Obispo. We strive to provide courteous and professional service to all our guests.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Emma
"Barely adequate"
Rooms not quite right. Mine was oderous other guests were normal types and not scared. Neighborhood no problem. Motel 6 type feel.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Lee
"Convenient location. Quick access to freeway."
Great room for the value!
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Zaida
"conveniently located to freeway entrance and exit."
I was extremely comfortable and slept well. The room was clean and spacious.
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thanks for your feedback.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Zaida
"Okay for a night or two."
Average hotel. Only stayed 1 night and it sufficed. Had some ants. We had to leave at 6:30am but free breakfast didn't start until 7:30am.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Vijitra
Room was not very clean, towels seem that had not been washed, they were dirty
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thank you for staying at the Ramada Inn - Olive Tree in San Luis Obispo where we strive to provide courteous and professional service to all out guests.
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
Ramada
ice machine never worked and the pool was closed. I wish there would of been fresh fruit for the breakfast! Since they are know for their citrus!
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thank you for staying at the Ramada Inn. We strive to provide all our guests with courteous and professional service.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014