All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
1000 Olive St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93405, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

• Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Service is adequate
    Bad breakfast
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
"Terrible experience"
It was a horrible, horrible experience...Arriving around 8:30pm, booked a suite for 5 peoples and was given a 2 twin beds, when asked the concierge for the fifth portable bed, he then said he has to charge extra, and he did collected cash from us when he brought the portable bed to our room...What the heck??? When I booked, I paid for 5 peoples accommodation already. Then, it was a cold night and the heater does not work, we then called the reception to ask if we can change to another room with heat and he said that we have to wait until the manager gets in. It was a horrible night that we had to stay in this hotel...cold, filthy, angry, sleepless night. When checked out in the morning, we complained to a person who sat behind the front counter whom we believed that he is the Manager of that hotel, and we were told to put in writing and someone will call us later, up until today which is 3 weeks later, we still did not received any phone call from any personnel from Ramada hotel in San Luis Opispo.
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
We apologized for inconveniences, we take feedback seriously to fix problem for future guest. we will reach out soon and strive to work hard for our guest.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
Thang
"GOOD STAY"
STAY WAS GREAT
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thanks for your feedback appricated
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2015
ERNESTO
"Very cheap"
Very cheat price for the room your get. There was a power outage though not sure if it something that happens often or it was one time thing for our luck we were leaving already anyways so it did not affect us as much.
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate that PG&E employees did put all the effort to bring back power which was affected due to the unusual storm, Thank you for your patient and understanding.
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2016
"great time"
The hotel was nice it has hardwood floors and very friendly service
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your positive comments and look forward to serve you in the future.
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2015
Bryan
"Motel 6"
Front desk was very helpful
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your time and comments. We will try our best to keep it up and look forward to see you in the future.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
MONICA
"Nice overnighter."
Room was nice. Bed was a little hard but had lot's of pillows, which is always nice. Needed a downstairs room, manager was able to accommodate. Nice restaurant next door. Will stay here again.
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your time and positive encouragement, look forward to serve you in the future
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
Suzanne
My stay was not bad. My only problem was that I asked for a simple courtesy and was denied. I was in San Luis Obispo for a wedding. Checkout was at 11:00, however, the wedding was not until 3:00. I asked if I could extend my checkout until 2:00 so I did not have to get dressed four hours in advance. I did not expect this for free, I offered to pay for the additional time. Mt request was denied.
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
We are so sorry that we couldn't meet all your expectations. We take feedback seriously to improve for future guest.
1 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
"BED BUG BITES ALL OVER ME FROM ONE NIGHT STAY!"
My stay at this hotel could not have been any worse! We were not able to check into our room until 6:00PM (when we were told it would be ready by 2:00PM). Once we did check in, the bedding and the bathroom towels were dirty / stained. After only sleeping in the room one night, I woke up to find bed bug bites all over my body (and I even saw them on the floor)! I contacted the main office of the hotel to ask for a refund but was told I needed to speak with the manager (who was unavailable at the time). I tried calling and emailing for the next 2 days and never received a call back. When I finally got ahold of the manager, I was told that their hotel does not have bed bugs and they needed to see pictures / proof. I shared pictures with them of the bug bites and they told me the best they could do was offer me 50% refund because I stayed the entire night. I was furious and kept calling them non-stop until I was given the full refund I deserved. Finally, someone from upper management agreed to give me a full refund (2 weeks after I initially complained). Everything about this hotel and their customer service was TERRIBLE. Stay away!
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
"Visiting San Luis O. For two days."
Staff, bring good attention, fast check-in, like the restaurant next to it, Bon temps creole café. Good food and awesome attention. The room was good, just the carpet for any reason was wet, I did not put much attention to it. Secure parking in my opinion, and the hotel is close to freeway entrance, and close to main streets of the city. 6-7 blocks I'm and adventure rider and found a good place to rest.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Emilio
"Does the job"
The hotel is basic and does the job. No frills but no real negatives. The location and cost met our needs for a good nights rest.
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thank you for staying at the Ramada Inn in San Luis Obispo where we strive to provide courteous and professional service to all our valued guests.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
"sad place to stay"
It wasn't great I'll never book a room there again! The beds are very uncomfortable the continental breakfast was either of bagel muffin orange juice and coffee the beds were very uncomfortable the swimming pool had allergy growing and it could not even use that and it was very hot here! I've stayed at other Ramada hotels but this one I would not recommend to a friend or family and will never stay there again next time I'll book at Embassy Suites or Best Western
2 night business trip Sep 22, 2015
donald
"A stop on our way down the coast"
A just OK place to stay on our way down the coast. This was the least expensive place that had said that they had breakfast. The breakfast was pretty blah. We ended going to a fast food place across the street. The staff late at night didn't seem too excited and so the greeting was non existent. We couldn't log into the WiFi once we got into the room because we couldn't read the writing. We didn't feel like calling or even going back to the lobby because we felt we were a bother in the first place.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
Miyagi
"Hotel was unprepared"
What a disappointment. It was move-in weekend at Cal Poly, and the motel was completely booked. There was no ice in the one and only ice machine. Breakfast was terrible! At the ridiculously high rates we paid ($300+), they should at least have had fruit and yogurt. Instead they offered stale pastries. I hope never to stay there again.
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
"Not a good value"
The hotel information stated breakfast was included but the breakfast provided offered only store-bought danish, juice and coffee, which is not actually breakfast. I used the TV the second night of my stay, but had to contact the front desk to get it to turn on, as well as to turn it off (which took awhile, because there was (reasonably) only one person at the front desk, and she had to come to my room to set the TV programming up). It was unusually hot in San Luis Obispo during my stay, and the cooling unit worked poorly. The room was generally clean and the location was reasonably close to downtown as well as the university. But I felt the value (what you get, for the money you pay) was really lacking.
Response by Ramada San Luis Obispo
Thank you for staying at the Ramada Inn San Luis Obispo where we strive to provide courteous and professional service to all our valued guests.
2 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
"I have never complained but this is the worse!!!"
The reservation wasn't in, had to call hotel.com again. When I finally got my room the door was open and there was used towels and used soaps in the restroom, a pizza box and bag of a fast food place. Balcony door was unlocked and one bed was already used. When I reported it, I was just given the coment that the family promised they didn't touch anything when they moved rooms. Since it was late and I was tired from a 4 hour drive, I asked is anyone going to come into my room, since someone has already used it. The next day I left with only using the bed because I wasn't going to use already used towels. I did notice two charges for the room so that made it even more frustrating.
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2015
"poor"
Room smell muggy like carpet was no dried properly, felt like motel instead of hotel needs to be updated . Bathroom tile was broken. Noisy air conditioning system. No maid available for towels, room towels were old.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
rafael
"A place to sleep."
The hotel was okay. The check in desk attendant made us feel like it was an inconvenience to check us in. One room had a bed not made like someone had been taking a nap during the day. The office doesn't open for check out or breakfast until 7:30am.
1 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
"Room review"
When I first entered my room, it smelled like cigaret smoke. I called the front desk and she said all the rooms were non smoking but she still switched me which was great! The 2nd room was way better, cleaner and bigger so I was happy.
1 night family trip Sep 3, 2015
Alma
"Did the trick"
Good little one-nighter place. Had clean swimming pool and nice staff.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
"unacceptable dirty room"
Room was exceptionally dirty, to include floors, bathroom mirror, food in drawer in nightstand, soiled bedding. Went to front desk, no apology given, hotel was full couldn't change room. Ask to take soiled linen back to my room. Next day asked to speak with Manager, message forwarded to Manager. After 7 days, I contacted hotel again. Manager said 10% discount, said no way, filthy conditions. Manager agreed to give one night free stay, coupon to be mailed, guaranteed upgrade with clean room. 30 days later, still have not received coupon.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
"Only stay if there is no other place to stay"
The room smelled - paint job and walls were bad. the towels are rough and gross the pillows are awful
2 night business trip Aug 28, 2015
blake
"Last day of business trip"
Needed somewhere to stay the last day of a business trip. Got a good nights sleep and hit the road Monday morning.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
Kathryn
"Stay Away"
Stay away from this hotel. Wyndham should be ashamed. Tear this building down and start over.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
"SLO"
My stay was short
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
"Basic motel in San luis"
basic motel with basic cont breakfast
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
"POLY SLO"
WIFI PROBLEMS & TV DISFUNCTIONAL
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Needs some cleaning"
The room we had was very large and roomy, with 2 bedrooms, a kitchen & a refrig./freezer which was great, but the room/suite seemed to have not been used in a while such that the air was stale & the towels were weird and the floors turned our white socks & barefeet black quickly. I did not trust sitting directly on the sofa or the stuffed chair; seemed dirty. The woman in the office was very nice & probably would have given us fresh towels if we had asked, but we just suffered thru: too tired. Was nice & quiet in the 2 bedrooms at least. We had expected better from a Ramada.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Charlene
Broken outlets; dog bone under the bed; safety chain on door ripped partially off by...?!; smelly and stained carpet/linens. So, the usual things that make you sleep on top of the covers and leave before the free breakfast starts...
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
"Nice hotel close to downtown."
Stayed overnight on business trip. Had a pleasant stay, quiet, clean and comfortable. Staff were polite and helpful. I would definitely recommend!
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Basic"
Basic accommodation at the high season price-good location.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Not really worth the price"
The room was ok but not great. Continental breakfast was a joke. For the price their charging this place should have been nicer.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
"Expensive, average accomodations, one night stay"
We stayed here on our way to San Francisco. The room was ok. The walls were thin, and bottom floor noise was prominent. Because hotel demand was high in the area we paid wayyyy more than this hotel was worth. Approx 240. The New Orleans style restaurant (adjacent) was refreshingly good
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"Awful place, never again!"
This Ramada Inn is very poorly maintained, and was a dump. Instead of having two clean bath towels, for example, there was one semi clean bath towel and then two dirty floor mats, one to be used as the floor mat, and one to be used as a towel. One of the face towels was very dirty as well - it looked like the maid had just picked it up off the floor and hung it unwashed from the previous tenant. Fixtures were broken, light bulbs burned out, and in general it was pretty dirty. We were grossed out. If it weren't for the fact that every hotel in town and nearby towns was sold out due to the mid state fair that weekend, we would have gone somewhere else.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"Just o k."
It ws way too expensive for a just o k motel. I would not stay there again for that price.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Low quality"
Can say much... But because it was graduation price was high for the quailt of the hotel... But again, SLO increases there hotel prices due to graduation & because they can to gain more profit!!!
4 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Romelda
IT WAS A NICE HOTEL AND I LIKED MY ROOM AND THE POOL WAS WONDERFUL AND REFRESHING AND THE STAFF WERE WONDERFUL
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
patrick
"The only bad experience in a great vacation"
Rolled into San Luis Obispo last Friday evening on the last leg of a fantastic road trip. Had a reservation made online through Expedia. Upon arrival, the person at the front desk seemed either poorly trained or ill-qualified to perform data entry: it took her so long to check a guest in that a line began to form. I was third in line and waited nearly 20 minutes. I had to park all the way across the parking lot from the room and lug heavy bags up the stairs. The air conditioner in the room was ancient, noisy and inefficient. After a shower, I was dismayed to find a dirty footprint on the bath towel. Apparently it had been taken off the floor, folded, and replaced on the shelf. I brought it to the day manager next morning; he blamed it on a "new laundromat", which makes no sense at all, at assured me that I would be getting a call from Ramada on Monday and that I would be reimbursed. It is Wednesday today and I have had no contact at all from Ramada corporate or from the hotel in SLO. This is one of the worst hotel experiences I can remember. Come to think of it, the only other time I have had a similar experience was years ago at a Ramada in San Antonio. I wish I had remembered that before booking this room. Too late now, but a mistake I will never make again!
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
I was disappointed when it advertised deep soaking tub in each room, and it was just a standard size tub.
3 night trip Jul 1, 2015
"Our stay at the Ramada Inn in SLO"
Although we were told we would have wifi in the room it never worked properly and we had to be outside of our room in order to get connection. The breakfast was dreadful , not even real milk to put in our coffee. We ended up going to Starbucks instead... But it was clean and quiet and we slept well. I still think it was really expensive for a two stars hotel that reminded me of a motel 6...
2 night trip Jul 10, 2015
You get what you pay for. Bring your own sheets and towels.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"the coffee pot"
With the exception of a faulty coffee pot,I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2015
Ronald
"Anniversary get-away"
I booked my reservation thru Expadia.com. using my Visa card They charged $374.58 for 3 nights. When I checked in, the desk clerk required me to provide a credit card. I handed him my American Express card which he used to charge me $311.21. I explained that I had a prepaid reservation but he still charged my AMEX card. I was not happy. The carpet in the room was soiled and in disrepair (rips). The pool appeared cloudy and I questioned whether it was safe to use. I declined. The showerhead was so low that I had to kneel to wet my hair (I'm 6'1"). Overall I was comfortable but not truly happy with my stay. I'll probably opt to stay at another hotel/motel next time.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
J.R.
"It works"
Nothing bad to say. Good cheap place to stay the night
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
We were pleasantly surprised by the size of our suite. We booked a king suite which had 2 bedrooms, a living area with another bed, and a good sized kitchen. It was as if we had rented a two bedroom apartment, which was lovely. The downside was that the chairs were rather rickety, and the suite could have been cleaner. The shower head was gross, and I found a couple drops of blood on the wall when I was plugging in my phone charger. All in all, though, I would probably stay there again.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Ruth
Beds and pillows were uncomfortable, towels were too small and we were never given enough. Room wasn't cleaned well after our second and third night. Pool was murky, deck was dirty, and, again, no towels.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
Tami
"It was nice but old."
It was convenient but older. Parking was not the best but do able. Unfortunately the pool looked a little on the green side and in the summer that is not good. I'd stay again for a brief period only.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
Joanne
"Good location, but dirty an poorly maintained"
Mold in the shower, ill fitting sheets, crappy pillows, can't have curtains closed with fan on or it just blows directly into curtains. TV remote dirty and missing battery cover. Just an overall poorly maintained room. Great central location though if you're not a stickler for cleanliness. But I would expect much better for $200+ per night.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Tony
"A good overall"
Great place to stay overnight, good free breakfast but you have to get there early for it, the beds were the best thing.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
chigaram
"Fine for business"
Comfortable room. Free breakfast was just pasties and coffee not worth advertising. It had a restaurant on site (Cajun) that had good reviews from the local yelpers. Would have gone if the stay was longer.
2 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
Cheryl
"San Luis Obispo"
I would not stay here again when I come to SLO. The rooms are old and dated. The towels are thin and some used to be white and are now light gray. Some towels have black stains. Breakfast served from 7:30 to 10:30 with Danish, muffins, and bagels. They ran out of cream cheese by 8 am on Saturday. The location is niot good either because it is on a street that people take to get on 101 north. You have to wait a few minutes during rush hours for traffic to clear in order to get onto the street. Next time, if there is not a room available at The Quality Inn and Suites, I'd get a room in Pismo.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015