All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1000 Olive St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93405, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

2.9
    2.7
"Will never stay there again!"
This is the first time I paid for a hotel stay more then what I usually do. First I get there a little before check time and they don't allow me to check in they told me I had to come back because they were not ready. I go back I get a room once I walk to my room door was wide open and not clean! I went back told the lady my room was not ready she said I had to wait for it to be cleaned and refused to give me another room. After 30 min of waiting for the room to be cleaned I walked in the room took a shower curtains had mold. The back lid of the toilet seat was disgusting. I was awaken at 5am by the noise of the ice machine which everyone was getting ice from. Upstairs you can hear people walking as they were leaving. I have never had such a bad experience as I did in this hotel. Word of advise if you don't care for cleanliness and for your outlet lights not to work or really don't want to sleep then go there. Never ever again the amount of money I paid for that stay I should have asked for a refund!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Bren
the location is good but the service wasnt up to standered, breakfast is really poor selection
5 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"available lodging in San Luis Obispo"
We were appalled that we paid way too much for 2 nights' lodging at this Ramada. Our room smelled like old smoke. We had to request that our room be cleaned the second day. Our tv had to be serviced. There was hardly any room to turn around in the area of the continental breakfast area. Then the choices were waffles or pastry with no fruit. We would never stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Judy
"Highway Robbery."
For the amount paid, the room was horrible, the bed was uncomfortable and squeaky. The shower would run warm water which would switch to freezing water for no reason. The internet connection was terrible. The breakfast was of poor quality - not even milk for the coffee - unbelievable.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Ramada Inn San Luis Obispo"
Our overall experience was not a good one. My kids were so disappointed at breakfast time. For a two night stay, we paid $589 which includes a continental breakfast. All there was for the price we paid was mini muffins, bagels, pastries, waffle, juice and coffee. On top of that, the pool was so small and it closed at 9 p.m. so my daughter did not even get to take a dip. Anyway, it looked dirty too. I would not stay there again if given the opportunity.
victoria
Just Ok for the price, few nights. Good location.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Excellent!"
I almost did not stay here based on other reviews, but I took a risk and can't believe I almost missed out on this Very comfortable, very clean and woke up to a gorgeous view from the balcony. I would definitely stay there again if I were ever to be in that part of the country again.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Leslie
"Cold pool"
Cold pool and no jacuzzi...a nice creek down the steep back area.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Don't waste your time, money or sanity"
I don't even want to go into it, it was that bad. Cold water. Poor management. Just don't stay here.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Only book here if you have no other options"
Unclean, falling apart, not very good service, had to place a towel over the smelly towel. Otherwise, fine, good location.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Andy
"Good enough and a breakfast"
His hotel is old but kept up. The hotel reception was welcoming. The beds were clean but the room was not wiped down. There was residual glitter from the previous hotel guest in our closet and on the table. The window screen on the bathroom window was so filthy. I did like that they leave the windows open for you so the room was airy and felt clean. The area feels safe and the other clientele was kind. We tried out the pool. It is old and warm enough for day swimming. Breakfast was bagels with a toaster, and muffins with juice. Check out was quick. Booking with hotels.com made checking and out a breeze. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
Michele
"Pit stop backyard camping"
This booking was a last minute -late check-in - overnight stay- early out type of booking. Deciding factor was the price which I think does not even justify now knowing the hotel condition it is in. I think it should be in the $60-80 range. It was like backyard camping in an airconditioned room. It felt dirty going into the room. Had a hint of some funky smell. Didnt want to put my things on the carpet. Needs a lot of fixing and upgrading. The window curtains need to be washed/ replaced.The electric outlets are lose. It doesn't hold the plug well. The shower curtain had red stains! Terrible. The bed sheet had a small stain too. The microwave was stacked on top of the mini fridge which was next to the bed. The towels need to be replaced. It seemed like they've had it for several years. It's not even white anymore. Breakfast area was very tight. Selection was very few - waffles, bagels, muffins, coffee and juice. I could not fairly comment on convenience of hotel location (off of 101, i guess that's convenient) and surrounding neighborhood as I didnt get a chance to see the area. Overall experience was very poor. Not staying at Ramada chain anymore.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Nice hotel. ..the room was clean. The bed was comfortable and clean sheets. Had a goodnight rest..close to freeways, a couple of fastfood places and a couple of restaurants. Just a 10 minute walk to downtown SLO. Allowed pets! ;)
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"A poorly run hotel"
The management is aloof and couldn't care less about the people staying there.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Decent hotel but dated rooms"
I had high hopes booking this hotel going by the Ramada name, but this particular location was not exactly what I expected. The room we were given was not ready at check-in, it had not been cleaned yet. Was given another room but no apologies. The room was decent; nothing special and it felt dated. Overall a decent hotel if just passing through town or need somewhere in a pinch. The upside: right off the highway and around the corner from a nice park where we took our daughter to play :)
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
Victoria
"Hotel by freeway entry"
We reserved a king-size bed room and the space was larger than expected. Room has a sofa bed which we didn't expect it. Though hotel could improve the interior layout as the TV, dresser, writing desk, and chairs were all placed next to each other and by the bed (all electrical outlets were located majorly in one wall of the room). The mattress wasn't uncomfortable nor it had smell. The bathroom had light with heater but no ventilation. The curved curtain rod provided more space and the bathtub was deep and wide. However, when flushing the toilet is sounded like "roaring jet" to us. The room has a self-locked safe, which we found very useful. We stayed at this hotel for two nights as it's a "college visit" trip. It's location was convenient as it's by the entrance of Hwy 101 and surrounded by restaurants, fast food, and gas station.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Judy
"Very Happy"
I liked the location and the place was clean and well kept. They had no problems with me bringing my dog (added a fee of 15 dollars dropped to 10, because on internet was saying 10).The guy is not very smiley as I am usually used to in the States, but who cares.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2014
"good stop between LA and Big Sur"
clean and just what we needed for a quick one night stay. the breakfast is hardly breakfast - pastries and juice. no cereal or anything else.
l
"Good for a one nighter."
Easy check in and the desk was pleasent. The hotel is a little dated and the bed wasn't that comfortable.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
It was great for us!
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
John Velten
"Less than appealing"
You get what you pay for and this was an inexpensive motel.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"Extremely Disappointed"
Our family stayed at this Ramada Inn on another occassion and the experience was wonderful. HOWEVER... this time around the experience was bad... really, really BAD. The room we stayed in was tiny, there was about a foot of space between the end of the bed and the dresser that the TV was standing on. The sheets on one of the beds were stained, two pillow cases were stained as well. The air conditioning in the room was so loud, we had to turn it off at night so we could sleep, had to leave a window open to get fresh air. The breakfast that was served the following morning only added to the disappointment... continental breakfast, which would've been fine, but considering that we stayed there previously and had a full breakfast served each morning, it was a big disappointment. I guess for the price we paid, we got what we paid for. However, next time I will pay a little bit extra to stay elsewhere.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
CV
"Pleasant experience"
No complaints. We were upstairs, and the balcony had a lovely view of a creek running behind the place.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"okay for a budget"
these guys do not know how to layout a room. they blocked off the couch with the table. random lamps all over the place
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2014
"great stay"
Room was available upon arrival. Would stay there again. Loved the pool!!!
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
andreana
The receptionist looked like a drug addict and not helpful.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"Noisy hotel."
We had a terrible night because of the noise coming from the adjacent room. A group of adults were very noisy and drunk and talking all night long. One of the people from that group was even knocking to our door.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Natasa
Room looked like an old converted apartment that tried to get a make over. Bad carpet, tile not layed properly so front door doesn't open, old fridge with leaking water where the crispers were to be, tiny flat pillows, bathtub spicket leaked, shower head old, grimy, and so low that you had to bend down to use.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Good location, clean room, and comfortable bed"
Went to SLO for the CPSLO Spring Football Game. Slept well on a very comfortable bed. Booked early and were able to get a good rate. Pleasant staff.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Could have been cleaner, but it was all we needed."
Dust on valence was thick. Bed was comfy. Shower was short for someone who is 6 foot.
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Close to Downtown SLO"
Stayed here for one night with my wife and kids. From the looks of it. It seem to be popular with families. Overall my stay wax decent. I tough it was priced quite affordable.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Javier
Had a horrible experience a lot of things didn't work and felt dirty.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"The hotel"
The room smelled like smoke even it said no smoking, it was not clean
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"It's all about the Maintenance"
Decent thrift-class hotel, good price, conveniently close to local restaurants and Cal Poly. My beefs were with the room outlets (All broken from overuse, every one) and the bathtub drain (also broken). I'd consider dinging the breakfast buffet for stinginess and lack of selection, but the waffle maker went a long way towards making up for it.
2 night trip Apr 10, 2014
Old motel that needs a good scrubbing. Drapes were dirty, was afraid to inspect the bedspread. Location was good, with very easy access to the freeway. OK for one night, if you just need a place to sleep.
1 night trip Apr 7, 2014
"CAST 2014"
The attitude of the management was so arrogant. Would never stay again even if it was fee. What a joke
1 night business trip Apr 9, 2014
Gerald Montgomery
"Ok place to stay if travelling with Pets"
The hotel is not very clean, staff was nice. We stayed because they do accept pets and we were travelling with our 2 dogs and the Pet fees were reasonable @ $10.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
Pearl
"nice hotel. Clean."
we were in town for basketball tournament only there long enough to swim and sleep. Pool would have been nicer if was heated and spa
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"USA hotels"
I'm from Spain and I find out that hotels in the USA are in general pretty disgusting unless you spend at least 200$/ night for a decent room. Hotels under that price are usually just expensive Motels. Ramada , Travelodge,best western,.... Are all the same , Motels with an expensive rate
2 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
it was a better price when we arrived, than booking online. we were overcharged online. the hotel was good, but the bed was VERY hard. My husbands back and mine literally hurt in the morning. Like I said, it was affordable and what do you expect from a cheap place, i guess.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Front desk was kind and gave me a room at the back for quietness, as I was I'll at the time this was greatly appreciated. This room was very nice for a brand name, cut rate motel. Skip the "breakfast"
1 night trip Feb 19, 2014
This is our 3rd time staying here and will stay here again. It's in an easy location--close to downtown and easy access to freeway. Rooms were clean and lots of room to stretch out.
2 night family trip Jan 24, 2014
"Hotelllll"
Close to downtown and great rates. But the hotel room wasn't cleaned very well. There was a cockroach on the toilet paper and bars of soap on the window from past occupants
Other trip Jan 25, 2014
andrew
"had good time"
like the surrounding, like the room, bed, and the bathroom. quite spacious. we got what we paid for
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
trip of two
"had good time"
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
trip of two
"Clean Safe and Close to Down Town"
We stayed there in the winter the rate was fantastic! The hotel room was clean and had all the basic amenities. Its really close to downtown too. Also super close to the freeway! I will stay there again.
2 night trip Jan 3, 2014
"Great value and excellent location."
You can not beat the location directly off California Highway 101. Walking distance to restaurants and bars.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2013
"This hotel was acceptable."
This hotel was acceptable. It was inexpensive and, therefore, not luxurious. The room was spacious, clean and quiet -- all that this travel needed for a quick overnight stop. Although a breakfast was advertised and provided. It was really inadequate, and we went to Starbucks instead.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"Don't stay here!"
This hotel is absolutely disgusting. It reeks of mold and cigarettes and is very poorly maintained. The walls are paper thin and the bed must be at least 20 years old. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The location is okay if you're heading to downtown SLO, but that is really the only thing this hotel has going for it.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"Think twice before you book"
Two thoughts. First, this place is not catering to business travelers like me and that's my bad for having higher expectations. It's not a nice hotel. Second, I am surprised that Ramada lends it name to this place -- which I expect loses money. Sure, the price is cheap and the location is convenient to the great shops and restaurants on Monterey and Higuera streets, but I wouldn't stay here again. It was a last minute trip and we booked on http://hotels.com. However, we were told when we arrived that they couldn't honor the prepaid reservation. We had to upgrade to a larger room (with two of three bedrooms we didn't use) and pay an additional fee. Not a great first impression. Next, I found a bug living in our bathtub (no joke!). The room, despite an odd odor we couldn't locate the source of, was cleanish but felt outdated and in need of some attention. The thin sheets are stained with dirt and the towels are a couple years past replacing.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013