All hotels in Petaluma, California, United States of America
745 Baywood Dr, Petaluma, CA, 94954, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9480

"Better than expected!"
Great stay! The restaurant was awesome for breakfast, nice view of the boats. Food was yummy, not comped but fresh, so expected ut to be good. I liked the squared potatoes, but my hubby said he would have preferred real has browns. The room could have been more equipped with small things like an extra blanket and disposable shower cap and shower gel, but every hotel is different. They did provide bar soap though seems a bit wasteful. Otherwise, all else was fine. The fitness room was nicer than most and had comped disposable earphones, nice touch! The lobby had apples that were granny smith, also nice!
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"Decent but not that great"
We spent the weekend in Sonoma county where nearly every hotel was sold out, so had to go a little further to Petaluma. The hotel is pretty large with ample parking space, but the fourth floor was under renovation when we were there so it started to get noisy before 9am on Sunday morning (we were on third floor)! Overall, the hotel was clean and tidy, nothing fancy though.
Very nice hotel, in a good area to do business in Petaluma and the surrounding area.
"Location good."
It was close to where I was going for business. Carpet in my room had two big stains near entrance. Overpriced in my opinion. The marina is not so great; close to road and not terribly scenic, esp. with construction on highway. The marshlands park in the rear does make for a nice walk, though.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Dr. Teresa
Had a great experience, staff was friendly and helpful. They had no problem extending our stay and letting us keep the same room. Room was clean and hallways were quiet every night. Wifi did not work well (slower than dial-up). Downtown Pataluma was five min away. Would defiantly consider staying here again.
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Neil
"Convenient location"
Hotel had a nice outdoor heated pool big enough for a lane swim. Room generous size.
2 night trip Sep 29, 2014
Sandra Cameron
"Nice, clean and convenient."
We loved breakfast and the hotel was very nice. my husband ran to a nearby park everyday and it was convenient to great restaurants downtown
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Staff was great! Very accommodating."
We had to make an emergency stop because of illness. They got us a room right away and extended our check-out time to 2pm the next day I case we needed it. Very friendly and compassionate about our situation. The room was quiet, comfortable and clean. We had neighbors but they were not loud.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
48 states seen!
Hotel was okay just now as nice as others that were less expensive
2 night trip Jun 30, 2014
This is a nice hotel, alittle isolated. Very clean and it's upkeep is very good.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Surprisingly nice hotel"
I thought my one night stay here was excellent. They were able to check me in an hour early, which was fantastic. The room was actually great. It was clean, smelled good and there wasn't any water damage in the bathroom...lol. If you can stay in the club level because of the free continental breakfast and other goodies. The pool is actually great, but I can't say the same for the hot tub because there were no bubbles lol. The surrounding area isn't that nice because it's kind of in the middle of nowhere, but if your the type of person that just wants a peaceful quiet getaway then this is the place.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"You gave my room away before I arrived!"
I drove from out of town for a business trip. During my 3 hour drive and 45 minutes before my arrival at 9:15PM, you send an email cancelling my room. Which I'm not aware of because I'm driving. Your reasoning, oops you over booked. I'm completely satisfied and will never book at your hotel again. I thought this was a 4 star hotel, not in my book. How unprofessional.
1 night business trip Aug 25, 2014
Wendy
"A true freeway hotel"
I like Sheraton generally but have to say after passing this property many times and finally deciding to give it a try I was disappointed. The front desk crew was the highlight but the good ended there. The biggest disappointment (and as a Platinum member of SPG) was the rooms themselves. One was ok but the other was downright horrible with dirty curtains and one of the worst roof views I've ever had in a hotel. SO....if you're content with a freeway hotel exp. and not looking for views then it's very convenient to the 101 North or South.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Close to sailing activities and the vineyards"
The hotel was modern and the room was clean and comfortable. Excellent Wifi too! Staff were very helpful. Very quiet area but close to all facilities. Would certainly stay again.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Cliff
Kind of expensive, but very nice
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
"Comfy, Clean and Safe"
The Sheraton was a great place to stay. It's the best option for at least 15 miles around.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Great stay for family with kids"
I wanted to stay close to San Francisco, and this place was ideal it was close enough for me, it would take me about 30 to 40 minutes to get to San Francisco. The place was nice and clean we didn't think we were going to spend much of the day at this place but the rooms are so comfortable and it has trails for biking or running, there is an IN N Out hamburger place and good chinese restaurant close by. You can also fine great restaurants in the historic down town petaluma. I stayed with my wife and kids and they had a blast.
3 night trip Aug 5, 2014
gbtechsys
"Nice but way overpriced"
Maybe it was because the hotel was pretty crowed with events but the price was not even remotely worth it - there are nicer hotels in San Francisco for less!!!!! Plus, it was extremely noisy - the parties were non-stop and people were running down the halls throughout the night.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Rob
"Sonoma Business"
Great location, well maintained hotel but the food service in the restaurant is really slow. You need a lot of time for any food. Too bad because the menus is pretty good.
2 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
JRC
"Excellent Spot + Great Value"
If you happen to be in the area and want to avoid traffic back to San Francisco, this is a must stay!
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
"Beautiful & Relaxing"
The Sheraton Sonoma is in a beautiful setting on the Petaluma River, quiet and relaxing. The location makes it nice to go to dinner in San Francisco, wine tasting in Napa and Sonoma, and shopping in the area. All which we did while staying in Petaluma for five days. Terrific! I'll return when I'm in the area again. Executive Chef Danny was most hospitable and his kitchen made the best appetizers while we enjoyed the lounge in the evening. This is an excellent choice to stay in the Bay Area.
5 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2014
Elena G.
"Find another hotel if you wish to sleep at night"
The whole purpose of renting a room at a hotel is to get some sleep. The air conditioning units in the rooms are so noisy that it is impossible to get any sleep. The unit comes on every few minutes and sounds like a jet engine taking off. Tried other rooms next morning and they were no better. What is sad is that every staff member knew about the noise issue.
3 night trip Jul 15, 2014
"Modern/comfortable, but far from the city"
Ideal if you're looking to explore the small towns and Napa. Not ideal for driving to San Francisco-- can be up to an hour and a half in bad traffic. Hotel seems newly built. Nice pool/hot tub and comfortable beds.
2 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Diana
"Last night of vacation"
I needed a hotel closer to SF before our last day and flights. This location was great and the price for this kind of high end hotel was a pleasant surprise. Thanks Hotels.com!
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Ken
"Great Experience..."
Great Hotel and Great service. I will be back.
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2014
Brad
Enjoyed it very much.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Convenient location"
Nice, clean room-typical for a room in that price. The only (trivial) thing that bugged me were the bed pillows. There were four pillows on each bed; two of them were hard as a rock, the other two were so soft they deflated the second your head hit the pillow. A reminder to me to travel with a king sized, zippered pillow cover-if I had shoved the two soft pillows into something like that, it would have been great.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
scrappycat
"Helpful front desk staff"
Veronica made special effort to learn the area in order to recommend restaurants to the guests. That is above & beyond and we really appreciated it & her suggestions.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Darrell Plank
"Sonoma Wine Vacation"
Very enjoyable - can't wait for an excuse to come back!
5 night trip with friends May 17, 2014
Mike C
Ok,......for the money we expected more from a hotel that was rated so high.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Very happy during 5 Day Stay"
Location is great for wine country tours and other scenic activities. Breakfast was delicious and restaurant service always top rate and friendly. Complimentary afternoon wine time was a big hit. Loved the use of comfy robe...wish there were two for a double room!
5 night trip with friends May 17, 2014
"Very good room, except no exhaust fan in bathroom."
Excellent, professional staff. Enjoyed our stay. Very quiet location.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"Very good room, except no exhaust fan in bathroom."
Excellent, professional staff. Enjoyed our stay. Very quiet location.
Other trip May 16, 2014
Very friendly staff. Nice facilities and excellent location.
Other trip May 2, 2014
Wheeler
"Wondeful stay"
Nice comfortable bed with wonderful bedding. It was nice to snuggle down on a cold evening.When they found out it was my birthday they gave us a breakfast coupon. Our room overlooked the river which was nice. We will stay there again.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Joy
All was fine except for the card key snafu. The room key wouldn't work and even though we had just checked in and no one else was checking in, I had to show my Id again. The clerk was rather rude and acted like it was probably my fault since she was showing the key was active. We'll, we tried it 30 times in all directions and it was obviously not working. Another guest standing there said the same happened to him with his key. We only stayed one night so there wasn't a lot of time to eval more. It is a nicely kept hotel. Water pressure lacked a lot to be desired. Room was nice. Good coffee (Starbucks) for the room.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
Jill
"Best place in PEtaluma in my opinion"
Great hotel experience, would recommend.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2014
Timmy
"sonoma trip"
They have seperate suites for quests with dogs and for with out. We brought our Maltipoo with us and we got the room in the first floor. Room we stayed was overlooking the marina and it was big. This hotel is dog friendly, I like it that they didn't charge us extra for our dog to stay. Front receptionist was nice and very friendly.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Nice, quiet, clean Hotel."
Stayed in Petaluma by accident, a result of poor planning with tripmates. The Sheraton Petaluma was clean, comfortable, easy to access from 101 and 116, and made for a fantastic base to explore the bulk of Sonoma's wine country.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Gregor
"My Room Wasn't Ready"
I checked in after 3pm and my room was not ready. The bedspread needed to be replaced and it had been forgotten by the staff. So when I checked into the room the bed was made, but without the bedspread and the pillows in place.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"close to birthday party site"
very unsatisfy due to incompetence of hotel staff. we were awoken at 3:00a.m. by telephone. I didn't answer. 5 minutes later there was abanging on our door. I didn't answer. I called the front desk and was told they had called because a women said she left her purse in our room. Front desk said they didn't know how she got our room number but they would get rid of her. We never go back to sleep. Next day I requested a refund but they said they couldn't because reservations were made by a third party.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Standard, clean, ok bar, food was good. Workout room was ok, just needs a pull up bar.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Who designs a hotel like this?"
We chose this hotel because of the beautiful location on the water. We were placed in a room across the hall from the fitness room. There was the hum of the pool filter ? which we could get used to.....at 4:30 am we awoke to the continual pounding from the treadmill. When designing this hotel – who wouldn’t have taken that sound into consideration???
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
It was OK, Breakfast was expensive, the fridge in our room did not work correctly ( dripped water out of the freezer) and 1 of the bathroom lights was out
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Excellent hotel"
This is an excellent hotel. A bit pricey, but it was much better than the pictures from the web. Fully satisfied.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
Nice place, great view of the marina. Good breakfast, good value.
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
"Close to wine country"
Nice facilities. Clean well appointed rooms. Pleasant staff. Nice restaurant. Near wine country. Nice pool and hot tub.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
janet
"Only hotel closest to Ramekins..."
When I walked into our hotel room, it didn't smell nice. It had a musky smell and it smelled like an old carpet or something. Not a pleasant way to enter into your hotel room. When I tried to iron my pants, iron was leaking with water so it got my pants wet. I tried to dry it by using a blowdry but it wasn't hot enough to dry it well. Other than that, it was ok. Nothing spectacular.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Joey
"Ok hotel for bussiness purpose"
Ok hotel for bussiness purpose. Not too bad and too good.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"Nice hotel in Petaluma"
The room was just right for my husband and I. Nice king bed with superior bedding making for a good nights sleep. The location is right off the 101 and walking distance to some shopping and restaurants. The Petaluma downtown area is really cute. We stayed there when visiting our daughter at Sonoma State and it's only a 10-15 drive away. Perfect.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014