All hotels in Petaluma, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here745 Baywood Dr, Petaluma, CA, 94954, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9480

"Find another hotel if you wish to sleep at night"
The whole purpose of renting a room at a hotel is to get some sleep. The air conditioning units in the rooms are so noisy that it is impossible to get any sleep. The unit comes on every few minutes and sounds like a jet engine taking off. Tried other rooms next morning and they were no better. What is sad is that every staff member knew about the noise issue.
3 night trip Jul 15, 2014
"Modern/comfortable, but far from the city"
Ideal if you're looking to explore the small towns and Napa. Not ideal for driving to San Francisco-- can be up to an hour and a half in bad traffic. Hotel seems newly built. Nice pool/hot tub and comfortable beds.
2 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Diana
"Last night of vacation"
I needed a hotel closer to SF before our last day and flights. This location was great and the price for this kind of high end hotel was a pleasant surprise. Thanks Hotels.com!
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Ken
"Great Experience..."
Great Hotel and Great service. I will be back.
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2014
Brad
Enjoyed it very much.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Convenient location"
Nice, clean room-typical for a room in that price. The only (trivial) thing that bugged me were the bed pillows. There were four pillows on each bed; two of them were hard as a rock, the other two were so soft they deflated the second your head hit the pillow. A reminder to me to travel with a king sized, zippered pillow cover-if I had shoved the two soft pillows into something like that, it would have been great.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
scrappycat
"Helpful front desk staff"
Veronica made special effort to learn the area in order to recommend restaurants to the guests. That is above & beyond and we really appreciated it & her suggestions.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Darrell Plank
"Sonoma Wine Vacation"
Very enjoyable - can't wait for an excuse to come back!
5 night trip with friends May 17, 2014
Mike C
Ok,......for the money we expected more from a hotel that was rated so high.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Very happy during 5 Day Stay"
Location is great for wine country tours and other scenic activities. Breakfast was delicious and restaurant service always top rate and friendly. Complimentary afternoon wine time was a big hit. Loved the use of comfy robe...wish there were two for a double room!
5 night trip with friends May 17, 2014
"Very good room, except no exhaust fan in bathroom."
Excellent, professional staff. Enjoyed our stay. Very quiet location.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"Very good room, except no exhaust fan in bathroom."
Excellent, professional staff. Enjoyed our stay. Very quiet location.
Other trip May 16, 2014
Very friendly staff. Nice facilities and excellent location.
Other trip May 2, 2014
Wheeler
"Wondeful stay"
Nice comfortable bed with wonderful bedding. It was nice to snuggle down on a cold evening.When they found out it was my birthday they gave us a breakfast coupon. Our room overlooked the river which was nice. We will stay there again.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Joy
All was fine except for the card key snafu. The room key wouldn't work and even though we had just checked in and no one else was checking in, I had to show my Id again. The clerk was rather rude and acted like it was probably my fault since she was showing the key was active. We'll, we tried it 30 times in all directions and it was obviously not working. Another guest standing there said the same happened to him with his key. We only stayed one night so there wasn't a lot of time to eval more. It is a nicely kept hotel. Water pressure lacked a lot to be desired. Room was nice. Good coffee (Starbucks) for the room.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
Jill
"Best place in PEtaluma in my opinion"
Great hotel experience, would recommend.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2014
Timmy
"sonoma trip"
They have seperate suites for quests with dogs and for with out. We brought our Maltipoo with us and we got the room in the first floor. Room we stayed was overlooking the marina and it was big. This hotel is dog friendly, I like it that they didn't charge us extra for our dog to stay. Front receptionist was nice and very friendly.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Nice, quiet, clean Hotel."
Stayed in Petaluma by accident, a result of poor planning with tripmates. The Sheraton Petaluma was clean, comfortable, easy to access from 101 and 116, and made for a fantastic base to explore the bulk of Sonoma's wine country.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Gregor
"My Room Wasn't Ready"
I checked in after 3pm and my room was not ready. The bedspread needed to be replaced and it had been forgotten by the staff. So when I checked into the room the bed was made, but without the bedspread and the pillows in place.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"close to birthday party site"
very unsatisfy due to incompetence of hotel staff. we were awoken at 3:00a.m. by telephone. I didn't answer. 5 minutes later there was abanging on our door. I didn't answer. I called the front desk and was told they had called because a women said she left her purse in our room. Front desk said they didn't know how she got our room number but they would get rid of her. We never go back to sleep. Next day I requested a refund but they said they couldn't because reservations were made by a third party.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Standard, clean, ok bar, food was good. Workout room was ok, just needs a pull up bar.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Who designs a hotel like this?"
We chose this hotel because of the beautiful location on the water. We were placed in a room across the hall from the fitness room. There was the hum of the pool filter ? which we could get used to.....at 4:30 am we awoke to the continual pounding from the treadmill. When designing this hotel – who wouldn’t have taken that sound into consideration???
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
It was OK, Breakfast was expensive, the fridge in our room did not work correctly ( dripped water out of the freezer) and 1 of the bathroom lights was out
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Excellent hotel"
This is an excellent hotel. A bit pricey, but it was much better than the pictures from the web. Fully satisfied.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
Nice place, great view of the marina. Good breakfast, good value.
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
"Close to wine country"
Nice facilities. Clean well appointed rooms. Pleasant staff. Nice restaurant. Near wine country. Nice pool and hot tub.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
janet
"Only hotel closest to Ramekins..."
When I walked into our hotel room, it didn't smell nice. It had a musky smell and it smelled like an old carpet or something. Not a pleasant way to enter into your hotel room. When I tried to iron my pants, iron was leaking with water so it got my pants wet. I tried to dry it by using a blowdry but it wasn't hot enough to dry it well. Other than that, it was ok. Nothing spectacular.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Joey
"Ok hotel for bussiness purpose"
Ok hotel for bussiness purpose. Not too bad and too good.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"Nice hotel in Petaluma"
The room was just right for my husband and I. Nice king bed with superior bedding making for a good nights sleep. The location is right off the 101 and walking distance to some shopping and restaurants. The Petaluma downtown area is really cute. We stayed there when visiting our daughter at Sonoma State and it's only a 10-15 drive away. Perfect.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014
Pamela
"Very nice hotel."
The hotel is excellent. The staff wonderful. There is a great area to walk and take in nature. Pretty close to the freeway, which means easy access. The food, great. The chef is charming.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Nice relaxing getaway"
Me and girlfriend did date night got a room went on the town in petaluma had a great time the room and bed was nice as well our view could've been better but nevertheless it was about us being around each other 4 stars we give the hotel only thing the elevators smelled like roach spay
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2014
lee sims
Overall great experience.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
The room was nice I loved the comforter the TV could have been larger though the room was quiet . I wish they had a continental breakfast like Holiday Express does. Overall O enjoyed the experience
2 night trip Mar 3, 2014
Carlene Jensen
"Lax"
It was a very nice hotel. Not much around it within walking distance,so you are pretty tied to their restaurant. Staff ended up being friendly. After some pre-arrival issues with food for our team.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Mom
"Above average"
The room was very large, lighting was poor. The interior hallway was dark, even with the lights on. I was in the room when housekeeping came to clean, so I left. They were in the room no longer than 10 minutes per visit. Not sure how thorough they were.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
Greg
"For the price, it just isn't worth it!"
This is a high-end hotel and for the price you're paying you'll receive a 3-4 star room and location, but the worst part was the service. The hotel overbooked their capacity and ended up waiting for 5 hours in the lobby. It wasn't until I went back several times to the receptionist, when they 'finally' updated their system to show availability in rooms. Therefore our check-in was until 9pm. Just an awful experience!
2 night business trip Feb 15, 2014
Moises Romero
"Not worth the extra money"
The service at the front desk was subpar, no checkout time given or any friendly advice about using the hotels amenities, the room was large and well maintained but the TV was too small and far away to see well. The hotel web site under "features" described complimentary breakfast between 0630 and 0930 but there was nothing available. Not even complimentary coffee was served but you could buy a cup from them. Nice room but nothing else was worth the higher price except for maybe the nice walking trail nearby. Won't be going there again!
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
"Room not available until 8:00 at night"
We've stayed in this hotel before and really enjoyed it. It's a $10 cab ride to downtown or a few miles worth of walking; the rooms are comfortable and the hot tub is nice and there's a great beer selection in the downstairs bar. We've always enjoyed our stay. We had plans Saturday night to get there early and relax in our room for a few hours, then had an event we needed to attend at 6:00. When we arrived (on February 15th, i.e. the day after Valentine's Day), we were told that they had a full house the night before and a number of employees called off sick, so our room was not yet ready. They asked us to come back in 15 minutes. We went and got a beer in their bar and came back about 40 minutes later, at which point everyone was being told that there was no longer a time estimate for when rooms would be available, but they could take numbers and call. We finally had to leave to attend our event. My phone rang at 8:05 to tell me that my room (at a hotel with a 3:00 checkin) was ready, by which point we had lost our chance to relax, lost 25% of the time we paid for, and completely ruined the entire purpose of us staying at this hotel. I understand that hotel staff was overwhelmed and it's hard to handle half of your employees calling off sick, but we feel we received very little of what we were paying for. I can't believe how much money we wasted on an experience we never got to have.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Jen R.
"Central to Marin and Sonoma Counties"
Checked in, with a friendly employee, and immediately saw one of my needs met- a major label coffee shop in the hotel. The hotel seemed quite (no children stirring up noise) for having four floors. I stayed in Room 231. It was clean, with a bed angled and pointed in the direction of the window. Although, the bed was considerable flat and uncomfortable, I managed sleep with a sleep aid and didn't wake up with a back ache.The shower water pressure was average. Sampled the Valentine Dinner at the hotel's restaurant and it was outstanding (though I prefer my Roasted Lamb just a bit less rare). The Stuffed Salmon was excellent. Didn't try the "year-round" heated pool or hot tub.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Al
Very nice hotel, have stayed before. This time the check-in person seemed self involved and not very customer service oriented towards me. Telling me about their plans to stay at another of their hotels and seeing what perks they would get as an employee. Wouldn't stop me from returning, but it was an odd experience.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
KC
"Good location for morning walk"
Very short staffed at the front desk. There were 4 parties waiting in front of us and the poor employee was also the barista of the coffee bar next door. Only one person working the front desk at 3:00 on a Sunday with kickoff time at 3:30 for the NFL championship game! Besides the long check in, the room and lobby was very nice. Our deluxe king faced the harbor.
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
"Nice but too much money"
Overall it was comfortable and convenient, but overpriced. No breakfast included. The wetlands trail behind the hotel was beautiful.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
mb
"On the water in Sonoma"
My wife had always wanted to stay here. We frequently do staycations for our anniversary and we stayed here for our ninth. Easy to find, right off of the freeway. First room smelled like smoke. They exchanged immediately. Second room was better with marina view. Service was good, professional. Would stay again. A few minor nits. Marina side faces both marina and freeway so not quite so peaceful with window open. Tub is extremely slippery and they provide tiny bath mat.
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2014
"Sheraton stay in california"
I enjoyed my stay, I was a little concerned when I had a $89.60 charge on my card and was not informed at the time of check in that this is normal procedure I had paid in full prior to check in with hotels.com did not expect another charge
2 night trip Jan 10, 2014
Kim schmitz
"Wine country getaway"
Great hotel
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
The Sheraton was nice. It is right off the freeway but they put us in a back room per our request and it was nice and quite. The room was clean.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
no local tv was available
2 night trip Dec 25, 2013
"Convenient Hotel- Driving Distance to Wine County"
We thought the hotel was nice and got a decent deal for new years eve. We planned on swimming in the pool and relaxing in the hot tub as a break from City living. Unfortunately the pools heater was broken so the water was freezing. The hot tub was nice and not crowded. Room service was great and very accommodating. The only complaint about the room was the mattress was not as comfortable as other Sheratons that we've stayed at.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Alex
"Great view of boat yard."
Awesome!!! Quiet and very nice.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Les Coombs
"One Day Stay"
Only stayed a short time but liked the ability to run heating system fan on manual as it drowns out any other background noise. Breakfast was better than average with friendly staff.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014