All hotels in Petaluma, California, United States of America

Rather comfortable
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
"Hotel is fine"
Hotel is fine particularly for business, unfortunately you can not walk into town because the are no paths round the freeway and construction. Staff were very helpful and friendly.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thanks for staying with us. True, you cannot walk to downtown Petaluma. However, you can walk through 69 acres of wetland adjoining the hotel. There you can see rare California waterfowl or enjoy a jog through nature. While both can't exist in the same setting, it is only 5 minutes to historic downtown Petaluma. I hope you were able to enjoy it all. If not, please consider returning!
3 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
"Very Pleased"
Quick and efficient check in, very nice and clean room, excellent food served in the restaurant
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
So kind of you Shelley. I'm glad you had a good visit with us. We would love to see you again soon!
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2015
Shelley
Super clean! Very nice rooms would definitely stay here again!!!
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Glad to hear your comments. We do our best to ensure that the hotel is fresh and clean - new to every guest! I'm always glad to see when it's working. Thanks for staying with us.
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
Lucyna
Staff very friendly and helpful. Property in very good condition.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thanks for staying with us Robert. We hope to see you again very soon!
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
"Happy!"
Just stopped by for one night on way up north. It was a nice place to relax by the pool and enjoy the hotel. I would highly recommend it. Rooms were nice and roomy and the bed was great.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
The Chesnuts
"Petaluma Sheraton"
This hotel is an unexpected gem on the east side of US 101. Comfortable, spacious rooms and expansive fitness center. Will be staying here on my next visit to Petaluma.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
So glad that you enjoyed your stay. We love serving our guests and I'm always glad when they tell us that they felt that! Hurry back, and be well!
2 night business trip Aug 23, 2015
arlene
Great location. Quiet.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thanks for staying with us, and thanks for your comments. I hope to see you again very soon!
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
This hotel was easy to find right off the 101. Very nice staff hotel was clean had excellent amenities include in a nice restaurant and a bar. Also had a pool close to river and boating.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Freeway-close, but far from ordinary! I'm glad that you had an enjoyable stay. You'd be interested to know that you can actually take a boat right from our marina all the way out to the San Francisco bay! Maybe something to plan for next trip!
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Angie
Stayed one night, room was very good. Spacious and well furnished, all looked new. Always a pity that swimming pools close early but that's everywhere.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Sorry about the lack of "night swimming". It's really just to keep things quiet for people staying in rooms surrounding the swimming pool. Hope you hurry back! Thanks for staying with us!
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
Roberta
"Short but nice stay"
Arrived late and the check in was nice and easy. Got an early workout and swim in before day started. Pool nice and warm and well maintained.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Great, detailed review. Thanks for taking the time to let your fellow travelers know of your experience. We sure hope you hurry back!
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
Ken
"Great Hotel, Snarky Front Desk"
As soon as the Front desk personnel see you booked through Hotels.com their service becomes "snarky" and borders on being down right rude. You are most certainly an inconvenience to their day and it's obvious that any type customer service or friendliness is not granted to Hotel.com customers. The hotel its self is excellent in comfort, cleanliness and amenities and for that reason I would recommend it. Just keep in mind, you will be treated "lesser" by the front desk staff.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
So glad that you stayed with us and enjoyed the hotel. I am so sorry that you felt that you were less important to us because of where you booked your reservation. I will double back and do some training immediately! We certainly appreciate our Hotels.com guests, and hope that you hurry back! Warm Regards, Scott Satterfield General Manager
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
"Couple retreat"
I would recommend for a couple looking to spend a nice weekend away.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Great idea! It's close to lots of activities but a perfect place to just stay in your room if you'd prefer. Thanks for staying with us!
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
"great for short trip"
great place for a short trip.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Sonoma and Napa wine-countries are both great places to explore and feel like you've gone to Europe, without going too far, and the Sheraton in Petaluma is the perfect "home base" to launch your adventure from. Hurry back!
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
"Will be back :)"
Great service all around. Friendly staff and comfortable rooms. The only downside to my stay was the location of my room - #275. It was next to some sort of pump/motor that was noisy and went off constantly all day/night. I'm sure the front desk would have moved me to a different room had I asked, but I didn't.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Sorry about the noise. I will definitely look into it. I'm glad that you'll be giving us another chance, however. We'll do our best to get that fifth star from you next time! Regards, Scott Satterfield General Manager
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
Chad
"Quiet and comfortable getaway!"
The service was perfect. Unfortunately, we had to leave Sunday afternoon due to a family emergency and didn't finish our stay at the hotel Sunday night. I was hoping for some credit back. Other than that the hotel is beautiful.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thank so much for your kind review. I'm sorry to hear about your family emergency. Hurry back - next time we'll do all we can to keep you for your entire stay! Be well! Scott Satterfield General Manager
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Very Enjoyable"
Everything was wonderful. Great staff, beautiful hotel, good value.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
So glad to have had you with us. I'm sure glad that you enjoyed your stay. However, there's so much to do around Sonoma and Napa counties that we hope you hurry back and continue exploring! Be well! Scott Satterfield General Manager
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Gregory
"Nice overnight stay on long road trip."
Clean, great location next to wetlands trail. Early morning run along river with birds was nice break from ong drive from Eureka. Petaluma just across freeway so plenty of restaurants to choose from.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Jose
Friendly and helpful staff, prompt check in. Great location near fwy and Marina. The room was clean will stay here again.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
We sure hope you do stay here again! We continue to do our very best to ensure that we're the best value full-service hotel in the area. Glad to hear that we're moderately successful! Hurry back. Warm Regards, Scott Satterfield General Manager
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
"Awesome place to stay at while away from home"
Great location and great place to rest while traveling.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
You're so right! Nothing more relaxing than staring at boats on water with a glass of local wine! We sure hope to see you again! We love our returning guests! Be well! Scott Satterfield General Manager
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
Jose
"Rooms near the fitness center are noisy."
Be sure to ask for a room away from the fitness center. Rooms near the fitness center are subject to noise problems from people running on the treadmill. I stayed in room 181 which is across the hall from the fitness center. I was awoken very early in the morning from the loud thumping generated by people running on the treadmill. The fitness center is open 24 hours a day. Any rooms near the fitness center are subject to noise problems that may keep you awake.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thanks for your recommendations. I will look into your comments. Obviously we don't want any of our rooms to be bothered by any noise. Thanks again!
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Lorraine
It was our first time in the Petaluma area and we really had a good time. The hotel was very accessible, clean and comfortable. the breakfast and dinner specials were good but I wish they offered more drinks for adults. Thank you.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thanks so much for staying with us! Check with us again next time you're here. We might have drinks that you didn't hear about last stay. Our drink selection is always changing! Hurry back.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Will tell my friends of how. Great your place is. Will come again when in areA.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Many thanks. We hope to see you again soon. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
We were very happy with our stay at the Sheraton Hotel in Petaluma, CA. Our room overlooked the marina and was very comfortable. The hotel interiors and pool were very nice, clean and well maintained. The flowers outside were beautiful.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thanks for making the Sheraton your home base for your last visit. I appreciate your comments and do hope you hurry back!
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Sonja
"Perfect for traveling family"
They accommodated our family well....nice, clean rooms and friendly staff
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Room with a view"
The hotel is pictureous. We had a room with a view of the yachts. It was a relaxing stay in comfortable surroundings. The tub was deep, but if you're short, it was tough getting in and out for your soak or shower. The hair dryer barely put out air, so drying even short hair took some time. The house cleaners did not show up until 5 or 5:30 each day, so when we came back mid afternoon before going out, we had to leave so the room could be cleaned. On checkout day, the house cleaners started knocking at 9 and we had three different ones we had to send away saying we would be checking out so come back later. I guess you could say we had minor inconviences, but a beautiful room with a view.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Sorry about the inconvenience of our housekeepers knocking on your door. I'm so glad that you had a wonderful experience overall. Relaxing is what vacationing is all about! We hope you hurry back.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"little out of the way"
room was clean and comfortable had to remind room service to take care of a room. Hotel was a little out of the way and not really convenient to downtown Petalumafor any decent restaurants nearby.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thanks for staying with us. I suppose that we are "out of the way" if you wanted to stay downtown - which is 3 miles away. There are, however, so many other things to do and see in Petaluma. Check with our front desk next time - we'd be happy to recommend additional sites to visit! We have wineries, California Historic sites, artisan cheese makers, etc. all within 5 - 10 minutes of the hotel.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Lawrence
"Family Time!"
Very beautiful!!
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Family time is the best. I hope that you found everything you needed in Sonoma county to have made memories for all of you for a lifetime! Hurry back and we'll do our best to figure out a few activities to make even more memories next time!
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Tonja
"Clean and accommodating."
This is by far the cleanest and well put together room I have had in a long time. People in the lounge and reception all amazing. :)
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Excellent value for the price"
Beautiful hotel, great staff very helpful front desk and happy they served Starbucks coffee!
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thanks for staying with us. Yes, we have Starbucks coffee for you to brew in your guest room, of to buy in the lobby. Either way, you're never far from your favorite brew! Thanks again, and hurry back!
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Angela
"Hotel was fine, Hotel.com policy is unfair!"
The Sheraton is a really beautiful place, pricey, but you get what you pay for. That being said, a week before we stayed there we called Hotels.com and told them we would not be able to stay the second day that we booked, due to a family commitment. We were advised we would have to pay for the second day anyway. We disagreed that we should have to pay for the second day and were told to tell the front desk person that we could not stay the second day, which we did, and were told we still had to pay for the second day anyway. When we spoke with Hotels.com we advised them we disagreed with the policy, and that we had five pending reservations with Hotel.com which did not invoke this penalty. We advised the people we spoke to at Hotel.com we were long term customers had never canceled a reservation in the past, and felt we should at the very least be given a credit for the second day we paid for but were not able to use. We have stayed at the Sheraton in the past, and are in Petaluma every month or so, and would stay again in the future, but not if they don't value past and future customers. We have been very satisfied with Hotel.com in the past,and have booked several times with them, but will not book with them in future if something is not done to assist us in a fair resolution to this unfair policy.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thanks for choosing the hotel. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
2 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Amazing hotel, great stay, highly recommended"
Great facilities, SUPER comfortable room and the beds allowed me to get an amazing sleep. The quiet neighborhood and blackout drapes also helped. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thanks Sean! So glad that you found us. Our brand new Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are really comfortable and we get a lot of compliments on them. I hope you hurry back when you need another rest, or when you're ready to start exploring Sonoma county!
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Sean
"nice if member of their club, sucks if not"
stayed two nights- check in at 3 pm, showed up at 330, waited in line while other guest got their rooms (2 bed like ours)they said ours were not clean yet. 2 hours later they were "clean". just the room service plate and left overs setting right outside door. still there in morning but finally gone after 1 day. guy at counter made us feel like second class folks since we booked thru hotels.com and were not in their club. I think that was part of the reason for over two hour wait. found out the better rooms are up from first floor. a/c didn't work right, just hot or cold. motel comfort was good other than that.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Sorry for your wait. Something doesn't sound right, as we love our hotels.com guests! Luckily for you, membership in our "club" is complimentary, should you wish to join. Hope to see you again!
2 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
philip
"Great!"
Great place to stay! AC was a little loud, but totally worth it. The staff was incredibly friendly. We will definitely stay here again.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I will look forward to your return! Thanks again.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
David E
"A romantic getaway"
The room was clean and new
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
So glad you had a good stay with us. You are correct, the rooms were only 4 months old when you stayed with us! Thanks for your kind review. We hope you hurry back for another romantic visit soon!
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"Super hotel for touring Sonoma County"
Excellent hotel - good location for touring the area. Our second stay, and will most likely stay here again in the future.
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Everything was great - food at the restaurant was horrible.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Sorry to hear about the restaurant food. We have a new chef, so I hope you return to give us another try!
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
Martin
"The Best Hotel in Petaluma"
This is the best hotel in Petaluma. There's one other hotel in Petaluma that gets slightly better ratings. I've stayed in both. There is no contest when their prices are equivalent. Stay in that other one and you will have an "experience" (intentionally vague), but if you just want to be comfortable, do your booking at the Sheraton. This is a well managed hotel with friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
"Very comfortable & affordable, near DT Petaluma"
Very comfortable room, driving (not walking) distance to downtown Petaluma, which is absolutely adorable. There's a pretty marsh area at the far end of the parking lot with dog-friendly walking trails.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thanks so much for your kind review! And thanks for mentioning the 165 acre Shollenberger park wetland that is adjacent to the hotel. We have a lot of avid bird-watchers who frequent the park who tell me that there are many birds that can hardly be seen anywhere else. So you can be in the middle of "adorable" Petaluma and still feel a million miles from anywhere! We hope to see you again very soon!
1 night trip with friends Jun 30, 2015
Rebecca
Everything went very smoothly. The desk clerk at check out time said it wasn't possible for her to give me a printed receipt since my account had a zero balance, which seemed pretty odd.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thanks for staying with us, and thanks for your kind review. Since you paid Expedia, your receipt would come from them. It should have been in your email, or you could always contact them for another copy. While we partner in travel, we have no idea what you paid for your room!
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
"Ok hotel. Less than stellar customer service."
The hotels.com app let me select for adjoining rooms. When we arrived, the man checking us in mocked that the app lets you select hotels where that is an option, not a guarantee. So frustrating. No sympathy. We asked if there was an option for a suite. There was, but it was $500 a night. Again, no sympathy. Non refundable. We were stuck, frustrated, and feeling duped. The hotel is fine. Customer service less than mediocre. The app is a problem.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Dawn
Nice
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thanks for your kind marks! Hurry back soon!
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
Ray
All was nice except plastic cover on mattress - made sleeping really hot, even with AC turned up.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Rude staff, noise at 6:00 AM, lack of respect!"
We where waking up by cleaning people at 6 AM, after that more noise so we got up and left the hotel! No central air and heat, noise from air unit all night, general manager so rude and incompetent, never apologize or show his face! Big liability for the corporation! Can't go back there ever!
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Sorry for your perceptions. We have no cleaners starting before 8am, so I'm not sure what bothered you. We do have central air and heat for the hotel's public areas, but luckily each room also has their own AC/heat unit so that each individual can control it themselves. Best of luck in your future travels.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Tony
"Great hotel in Petaluma"
Friendly staff and customer service was great. Would tell cleaning crew to stop knocking on the door so early. They came to our room around 8:30 every day during our 5 day stay. Overall it was clean and we will be staying there again. Good location for day trips to Sonoma, Russian River Valley and Calistoga to Napa
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
So glad that you enjoyed your stay! I am sorry about the early knock on the door. Next time if you just put a "do-not-disturb" sign out, they will definitely let you sleep. I do hope you come back soon and give us another try. There's so much to see and do in Sonoma county - you just cant see it all in one visit!
3 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Gloria
"Great facility and staff!"
We had a great "Mom and Dad" getaway! The staff were very helpful and friendly. Even the house keepers were happy to provide extra coffee for my habbit. The location was quiet, yet only minutes from the nice little downtown of Petaluma.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Always good to hear about a "mom and dad" holiday. I hope you plan another one soon!
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Good location for a nice nite sleep and morning ru"
Lovely location with the wetlands right there for an excellent morning run.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
You're so right - the 65 acres adjacent to the hotel is a perfect place to walk or run. It's also a bird sanctuary full of wild and rare local birds. We actually do have guests who stay with us just for the birds! The wine, redwoods and coast are just added bonuses! Hurry back.
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
Jill
"Good hotel, very poor internet service"
Clean hotel, comfortable rooms, Very poor internet service despite telling staff and no improvement in internet speed. Hard to be without internet in this DNA age. Quiet and peaceful hotel otherwise.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thanks for staying with us. You'll be happy to know that we increased our coverage and bandwidth after your stay. I have had no complaints at all since. Hope you hurry back to give us another try!
6 night family trip May 19, 2015
"Overpriced"
Too expensive and no free breakfast. Understaffed at the desk.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Marin, Napa and Sonoma counties are definitely at the higher end of the price scale. Still, we are working to make sure that we are the best value full-service hotel in the area. While breakfast is not free, we do have a great new chef that would be happy to cook you up a wonderful meal to start your day!
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Randy
"Nice place in Petaluma!"
Would stay here again.
Response by Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Thanks so much. We hope you do! Make sure to check with the front desk for things to do. There's so much beauty and adventure surrounding the hotel that it would be a shame to miss it all!
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
"Great!"
This was perfect for us...... We just needed something easy, reliable, safe and clean! Will stay again!
Other trip May 23, 2015