All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here102 El Paso St, San Antonio, TX, 78204, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

In the first room I found a lot of big insects.They change me of room, but in general the rooms are dirty.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Great Value"
Great value,friendly staff, location though requires good walking shoes if walking to Downtown area or attractions,public transit is close by and easy to use.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
We appreciate you choosing our hotel (the Holiday Inn Express Alamo) on your recent visit to our city. Customer Service is our #1 priority and when we receive feed back such as yours, it makes our DAY! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!
3 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
"Good hotel, almost walking distance from Riverwalk"
Clean room. OK breakfast. 7-8 blocks from the Riverwalk area
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
"Close to Children's Hospital"
We have been trying to find a hospital close to Children's Hospital that we could afford. This was it. Just minute away and overall it was a good and safe place.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Everything was good, but last day we didn't get new towels in our room. I think it was just an oversight. Continental breakfast was good
3 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Elevator issues"
You can not see which floor you are on from inside It moves slow too Room a/c seemed to barely cool Nice people clean rooms Great breakfast
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Be prepared to wait during check-in"
The hotel was clean and comfortable but the check-in process was extremely slow and unorginized.
4 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
"Decent room for the price"
My husband and I stayed in a King Suite at the Holiday Inn Express Market Square for our anniversary. Overall, we had a great time. I have just a few complaints: the air conditioning was inadequate the first night, but the next day we closed the door to the bedroom and that allowed the room to cool sufficiently. The "heated" outdoor pool was cold. Maybe it's only heated during cooler months. We swam at night, and the air temp was about 70F. The breakfast left much to be desired, but then, it was free. Otherwise, we had a nice time. The bed was really comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful.
3 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Not bad, even not my first choose"
I feel this price is a little bit expensive..hopefully this price included a simple breakfast.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Thank you for choosing our hotel Holiday Inn & Suites Alamo and taking the time to share your experience. It makes us smile when we hear our Guests had a good stay and provide feed back. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
It was great
3 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
"Next to downtown river walk."
I'm very happy with my stay and will definitely be staying again in the future.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Texas Traveler
Super satisfied. From check in to check out time. Personnel was friendly. Location was perfect. Awesome breakfast! And my main concern always is cleaningness and this place has an A +.Saved info cause we're coming back...
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Carmen
There breakfast bar hot items took 30 minutes longer to get out then cold items, raspberry muffins were hard as a rock, biscuits hard, eggs cold. A/C in room wasn't working properly I would sweat every night and when someone did come to fix it they didn't fix it, ac unit was probably too small for huge room. Weekend maid service was unsatisfying, forgot to leave towels, picked up my rug for the bathroom and didn't leave another. And last but definitely not least I stayed for days and asked for more laundry bags to put my clothes in I was told we only get one and then they told us that other guest were putting there dirty clothes in the pillow cases in their rooms, well I wasn't going to do that cause I needed to take my clothes home and I certainly wasn't going to steal the pillow cases. Overall I was miserable those 4 days and got very little sleep from the hear in the room
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your time in San Antonio. Guest satisfaction is our priority and I am disappointed that you were not happy with your stay. I appreciate your feedback, it gives us an opportunity to retrain on customer service and communicating better with our guest. If you're in our city again, please reconsider staying with us...
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
shelley
"nice"
Hotel was great service was great as well.
2 night romance trip Sep 21, 2014
Justin Howard
I was really happy with hotel . Close to downtown and really clean
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. I also wish to Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Express Downtown Market Square for you hotel needs. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Market Square for you hotel needs.
2 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
"Close to downtown"
Friendly people, nice breakfast, close to downtown, very comfortable and clean, recommended 100 and price low.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Thank you for taking the time to let me know how awesome your stay was. I also wish to Thank you for choosing an IHG property. IHG has many great hotels to choose from. Should you find yourself traveling thru San Antonio, please feel free to come see us again. Once again, Thank you.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
ana
The hotel is very nice & the staff courteous, helpful & friendly. The only negative was the bathroom was small. The breakfast bar had a wide variety of choices & it was good.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
T.
The room was comfortable and spacious. The breakfast area is alittle bit small though but the food was good.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Parking was accessible. The aroma as you walk into the hotel is so pleasant and it continues throughout the entire hotel. The room was clean and spacious with separate seating area. The complimentary breakfast was delicious. The staff was polite and helpful. The river walk was not too far from the hotel. Overall it was a great experience.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2014
"Overall good"
Overall is good, but breakfast not too much option
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your time in San Antonio. Guest satisfaction is our priority and I am disappointed that you were not happy with your stay. I appreciate your feedback, If you're in our city again, please reconsider staying with us...
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Elly
The beds I paid for were supposed to be queen size but they were full size. The A/C hardly worked so it wasn't very cool in the room. We won't stay there again
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
s.s
"great stay"
I liked the suite it was really nice with two TVs. The only down side was that it is next to this bar place where they have loud music at night but you can tune it out. Everythibg is clean. Breakfast is great, they have a great variety but the breakfast room is very small and seating very limitedoverall it was a goodstay and I may choose this hotel again in the future.
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
"family vacation"
Very nice big room, very comfortable beds, and just a great place to stay. Will stay again for sure.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Thank you for choosing our hotel Holiday Inn Express Alamo and taking the time to share your experience. It makes us smile when we hear our Guests had a good stay and provide feed back. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
3 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
star
Excellent service!! My family and I stayed in a suite and it was comfortable. Great breakfast! Nice pool and Jacuzzi. We will definitely stay there again.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
"Nice location..clean hotel...close to everything.."
Stayed 4 days...hotel staff was friendly and helpful...free parking and breakfast a plus...spacious king size suite...would definitely stay there again..
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Bonnie
"Is Nice hotel!!"
We have a good experience. The hotel is very close to everything. We really enjoy the visit in San Antonio. We love the missions, the river walk, Sea world, the San Fernando Cathedral.... Beautiful!! Overall we have a fun experience!!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Thank you for taking the time to let me know how awesome your stay was. I also want to Thank you for choosing an IHG property. Should you find yourself traveling thru San Antonio, please feel free to come see us again
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Patty
"Don't Stay Here"
The staff here was rude and very unhelpful. This is a private owned hotel and it shows. The floors were sticky and not sweeped in some time.The office area was a pig pen as you could see it from the counter. The security of the area is in question as well, the area is littered with bums. We did not stay here.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Jp
"family vacation"
Nice hotel close to riverwalk about 20 min walk. Breakfasts delicious!!!! Kids had a good time. Went to natural bridge caverns. We 'll back more fun next year.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Thank you for your kind words we really appreciate your feed back. If you ever find yourself back in San Antonio and need hotel accommodations please make us your first choice. Thank you again.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Ok hotel"
Great customer service! Didn't like the breakfast ! Otherwise comfortable hotel!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you on your next family trip to San Antonio.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
jill
"Hotel was very convinient to areas of interest ."
My family and I spent four nights in the hotel and had no problems with anything. The staff were very friendly and helpful as well as the breakfast food was always fresh.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Pat
"Horrible and Hot"
The room was hot like walking into a Sauna, had to be moved to a second room which was not much better. Our room never got cleaned by the hotel staff. We had to go find our own towels. Our A/C looked like it could fall apart at any minute. The staff was not greeting as we were in and out throughout our stay. The breakfast area is a cramped disaster and not well maintained. We will NOT stay at this location again. We have been greatly satisfied with other HIE locations, just not this one. Very disappointing.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. I also wish to Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Express Downtown Market Square for you hotel needs. I apologize for any problems encountered here at the hotel. I read each and every review to see how I can improve the "guest experience". Once again, Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Market Square for you hotel needs
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"Very good hotel"
We were for vacations and was wonderful options. We were 6 in one room big room great service..
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
We take pride in our hotel and we strive hard to keep it looking and feeling great. We are glad you were able to experience all our hard work we put into it. We appreciate your kind words and we will keep up the good work. Big Thank You!!!!
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Great hotel and location. My only issue was the wifi. It was extremely slow and kept kicking me offline. The elevator was really slow as well. Overall I would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
TB
"Close to downtown"
The hotel was ok, the staff & room cleanliness was awesome. What we didn't like was waiting too long for the elevator, we were on the second floor so we resulted to taking the stairs which one flight was not bad but it was inconvenient considering the heat & humidity. The gym also was a disappointment, there were several cardio machines the only thing was not one was working.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Thank you for taking the time to express some concerns that you experienced. I want to extend an apology for any problems that you experienced during your stay. I take feedback seriously and I'm always striving to improve guest experiences. The information that you provided enables me to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate all you valuable comments and welcome any opportunity to improve. Sincerely, Arlene Urbano
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
The water on the sink and bath tub drained down really slowly. Need to fix some how.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
"Excellent stay!!!"
This hotel is only minutes from the Alamo. The hotel was recently renovated so the fixtures and features are clean and look great. The room is clean and quite large. We were very impressed. Room decided into two areas were you could close the door from the room and have privacy if you wanted to. Couch had a pull out bed as well. Though this is not a 5 star hotel, I would have given it 5 stars but the hot breakfast was very very processed and bland. But if you need something to fill your belly it will do the job.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We really appreciate it! We were glad that you had a great stay with us and hope to see you on your next trip to San Antonio.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Daimeian
"To remember the Alamo"
Don't plan to walk downtown unless you have your walking shoes, and definitely not at night bc the surrounding neighborhood is quite questionable. The rooms were nice, pool is very small, breakfast is practically non existent unless you get there before sunrise. The facility is too small for as many guests as they accommodate. Will not stay there again.
2 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Comfy in San Antonio"
It was a holiday inn experience! From check in to check out very person on the staff was very kind and professional. The quick start breakfast is perfect for me, a vegetarian. It's about a mile walk to downtown riverwalk and the Alamo which I didn't mind but if ur not the walking type there's a trolley that stops less than a block from the hotel. All in all, I liked San Antonio, and really liked the holiday inn market square. I would definitely stay there again... Get reservations because they were sold out every night.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
david
"Grand kids trip"
Rooms were ok. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast left a lot to be desired. I don't know if they were short handed or what but they ran out of everything and it took for ever to get new stuff. I would suggest moving the pancake machine to a different location. It seemed to cause a real bottleneck where it was located. Need a larger area for breakfast. Also would suggest more guest laundry facilities. Had to wait until 2:00 am to dry some swim suits. Overall though a good stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced. I will personally follow up with your suggestions and ensure that this does not happen again. Once again, I do apologize.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
jim
"house keeping"
We were there for 4 days. Not one time was our room cleaned. One of these days was our fault because we were in the room most of the day. The other 3 days we were gone for about 4 hour increments and our room was never cleaned. I had switch towels out with housekeeping on a daily basis.
4 night trip Jul 9, 2014
ryan
"overall - Good"
Only two minor negatives. I had to share one of the two double beds in the room with my wife. I'm 6'2" and about 235#. The mattress was very squishy and too flexible and did NOT provide a good quality sleep. #2 negative- our room was at the very end of the building (room 320) and there is/was some kind of outdoor bar across the street from the hotel. There was some kind of "bumpin" base music playing at the bar across the street which made it more difficult to fall asleep than I would prefer. Luckily I was so tired, it wasn't TOO much of a nuisance. Otherwise...very clean hotel, very pleasant staff, very clean and comfortable room. Good location, very easy on/off freeway access. Just a short trip to Lackland AFB. A short trip to several malls. We enjoyed our stay overall.
4 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
Me Myself
Will never stay here again. We had to complain 3 times about people running at all hours of the night in room above us & the hotel wouldn't move them. They offered to move us but since we are a family of 5 that involved more effort than we felt like we should have to give so we changed hotels. The manager at this hotel refused to refund our last 2 nights despite the fact that they had just told me they were sold out. Thankfully, hotels.com sided with us & took care of it!
4 night family trip Jun 23, 2014
"Very nice hotel, very helpful, friendly staff!"
We arrived at around 8:15 at night! I had called and talked to a very friendly woman who said that would be no problem! This staff was always friendly! The room was always clean! And they had a great breakfast that changed every morning! I would definitely recommend this hotel!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Was fantastic, good food, service, clean, comfy, so nice..
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Raquel
"Almost Perfect!"
The King Suite we had far exceeded our expectations. Everything from comfort of beds to the 2/room feel with the dividing door. All was greatly enjoyed. The only negative was the length of wait to get breakfast. The food was excellent, but the size and space to accommodate that many people was very inadequate. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Schultz
Everything was wonderful
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Judy
"Wedding Dress shopping and Maid of Honor B-day"
We came together as a group from all over Texas to shop for my daughter's wedding dress, and celebrate her Maid of Honor's birthday. There were 6 of us, from North, to Central to South Texas. We met there and checked in with no hassle. We were pleased when we saw our accommodations. Spacious enough for us all to be comfortable. We had a sitting area, with desk and TV, the sofa was a pull out, but we did not use it. The open vanity and restroom separates the sitting area from the bedroom area, where there are 2 Queen size beds, and around the corner, a private room with a King size bed. The towels and sheets and pillows were all clean and crisp and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and the Manager went out of her way, after our departure to help me straighten out a banking issue that REALLY had nothing to do with her, But she helped anyway, to take some pressure off a bad situation, by releasing the holds that were not applicable to my account. We were really pleased with every aspect, BUT THE PARKING situation. We were only allowed one vehicle for 6 adults, even though we payed extra usage fee.
Beach Nanny
"NICE, COMFORTABLE, AND RELAXING STAY"
The hotel is reasonably priced, especially with all the extras they offer. The staff was very friendly even during the morning rush and chaos for the free breakfast. They were quick at cleaning up messes and fixing anything broken. The rooms were comfortable and the kids ( and I) loved having a TV in every room.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Thank you for choosing our hotel the Holiday Inn Express and taking the time to share your experience. It makes us smile when we hear our Guests had a good stay and provide feed back. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future
rania
"Nice family hotel near San Antonio Market Square"
Had a nice stay. Hotel was clean and staff very helpful and friendly.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Area
Thank you for choosing our hotel Holiday Inn Express Alamo) and taking the time to share your experience. It makes us smile when we hear our Guests had a good stay and provide feed back. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future
"Great Hotel for Price"
I booked this hotel for a "spur of the moment" get away for my family. Hotel was nice; fully stocked, clean, helpful. If you are going to SAN for the riverwalk, I don't recommend walking to it. It's almost a good mile, which for my and my fiancé is fine, but not with two little kids. If you don't mind driving and parking, it's a WONDERFUL hotel for the price.
3 night family trip Jun 17, 2014