All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Good internet service
    Great room
    Bad pool

"My room review"
My room was OK but the room given to my son was very noisy. It was at the end of the hall by a side door exit and the ice machine. People going in and out all night. When I complained about it the desk clerk did nothing about it just said those rooms tend to be noisy. There other rooms available. Why was he assigned such a room?
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Ottawa Kanata
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the noise experienced during your stay with us. Your feedback helps us to prevent situations such as this in the future, as well as to help us in the training of team members. On behalf of the entire Country Inn & Suites team thank you for your business and we hope you will give us another chance to host you in the future. Sincerely, Terri Fulton Front Office Manager
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"Hotel under renovations..."
We were not aware that the pool and exercise area was under renovations until we arrived. The pool was open but the water was green and the carpeting was taped down with duct tape to accommodate several teams of soccer and lacrosse players that were staying in the hotel. The exercise room was closed off completely. We were told to go to the Holiday Inn Express, about 2 kms away, and we could use their pool and exercise facilities at no charge. We understood that this was not the fault of the desk staff. We found it very frustrating however as we are exercise conscious and our daughters were looking forward to using the pool. Our rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The maids always greeted us in the hallway with smiles. Regrettably, a nearby room featured a domestic argument that extended into the hallway very early on Sunday morning, waking us all up. Although, not the fault of the hotel, it did diminish our overall experience. We arrived for breakfast approximately a half hour before the posted closing time on Sunday morning to discover that they had no more eggs and some of the other choices were extremely limited. There was a church group using the meeting room next to the dining area and their live music, although acceptable and somewhat inspirational, made conversation in the dining area difficult at times.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Pleased customer"
Very nice hotel. Clean, the beds are comfy, staff nice, breakfast good and the lady attending very pleasant and accommodating.Hotel very well maintained. The pool was under renovation while we were there . We were offered passes to the wave pool nearby (too old for that) and the Holiday Inn nearby, which we tried once,but they are not prepared for outside patrons. Area quiet and pretty easy to get around in for an out-of-towner. All in all a nice stay I would stay there again anytime
4 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Cynthia
"Exceeded Expectations"
Hotel was clean and staff were friendly. Currently undergoing renovations in the pool area so the pool is closed but they have made more than adequate options available including the wave pool located close by that they will reimburse.
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Edward
"Two thumbs up"
Our room was clean and had a new modern bathroom. The hotel was located near lots of attractions and the staff was friendly. There was lots of choices for breakfast and the food was good.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Clean."
Very good I love the breakfast. All around was very satisfied. The only thing it was far from down town Ottawa.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Bassam
"Excelent suburban hotel"
We stayed for two days. The front desk staff was very friendly. The room was quiet and comfortable. The breakfast is good value and included bacon on the first day. I found a good selection of restaurants in the area near the Canadian Tire Centre.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Philip
Front desk people exceptionally welcoming and professional.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"Nice clean updated hotel in a good location"
Very clean well kept not far out of town, newly renovated
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Great room, great breakfast room and breakfast food.
3 night business trip May 31, 2015
"Kanata, ON Business Trip"
I booked the Country Inn & Suites in Kanata, ON for a business trip. I had to book 4 rooms in total as it was paid for by the company. The staff there made it very seamless for everyone to check in upon their arrival as I was arriving later. Once I arrived they completed all necessary paperwork with me and had me checked in very quickly. The rooms were nice, clean and bright there was complimentary breakfast each morning. Had no complaints for any of our group staying at this location.
2 night business trip May 29, 2015
Pam
I was in that part of the Ottawa area to visit family.
2 night family trip May 20, 2015
Sonya
"Awesome stay"
Amazing hotel stay!! Complimentary Breakfasts were awesome as well..
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
Gary H
"Sen's game"
Went to Senators hockey game
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
"Great weekend."
Very helpful staff. Close to the Canadian Tire Centre and great shopping.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
was everything we expected ........................................
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
We were very pleased with our stay and that there was breakfast included.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Bad hotel"
They let kids run around The hotel and people doing it Next door
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Nate
"Excellent hotel"
This was a great hotel everyone was friendly and nice they are losing a star because there were kids running around the hotel also people were having sex
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Nate
"Great hotel with a perfect location!"
I have to say that this is one of the best hotels I have had the pleasure of visiting! Upon arriving we were greeted with smiles from all the staff at the front desk. They were friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and well maintained. Unlike other hotels we have stayed at there was no noise through the night. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is also at a great location. Just minutes away from Canadian Tire Center, Tanger Outlets, Landmark Cinema, numerous fine restaurants and plenty of other shopping. Check it out if you haven't already! Definitely two thumbs up!!!!!!!
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Hockey Tournament Hotel"
An average hotel by the highway. The shower was dirty, all kinds of hairs. The shower didn't have a ledge/shelf to place the soap and shampoo. Well located for hockey tournaments at the Bell Sensplex. Not a quiet hotel.
1 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
MARK
Came to the city to see a hockey game. It was nice and close so we walked and saved on a cab.
1 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
allan
"Ok"
They under repairs at hotel.Setvice was good
1 night family trip Feb 8, 2015
"Will stay here again without a doubt."
Hotel was ideal for our needs. The pool was clean and warm and the beds were very comfortable. The weather was bad on our day of checkout so the staff allowed us to stay a bit longer to wait out the weather.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Ronald
"average"
Toilette ran all night
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Ronnie
"Great hotel, close to the Canadian Tire Centre"
Went down with some buddies to take in a hockey game and hotel was great. Breakfast in the morning was a bonus.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Will stay again"
Satisfied with my stay. Short walk to the canadian tire centre.
1 night trip with friends Nov 9, 2014
Cameron
"Avoid the side stairwell."
We arrived at the hotel after a 15 hour drive. We were strung out from the road, and wanted to sleep. The room was very comfortable, the beds were nice. However, we were put in a room across from the side stairwell, and several children in the hotel decided they were going to play tag up and down the stairs, through the halls, and all over the place. We called the front desk and they said they would deal with it immediately, and they did... but the overall noise from that stairwell was crazy. We also had a room with an adjoining door and we could hear everything in the next room. Once the weekend was over (we stayed Sat/Sun/Mon), it was quiet and enjoyable though. The breakfast was meh. The hot items (eggs, bacon, potatoes) were not good. For some reason, there was a manky piece of garlic bread in the bottom of the container for the bacon and the next day, the sausage. The 'continental' portion was good - cereal, baked goods, fruit, yogurt. Front staff was fantastic. The cleaning staff were fantastic. Getting in and out of the hotel was hard as we were not familiar with the area (it's on a one-way street). Staff offered to print directions to tourist places for us, which was a very nice touch, and offered suggestions as to where to eat in the area. Bottom line: We would stay there again, but not in a corner room or an adjoining room.
3 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Excellent hotel near Canadian Tire center"
Excellent hotel for a buisness tryp. You get more for what you pay for!
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
Yves
"Pleasantly Pleased!"
Chose this hotel because of it's proximity to Canadian Tire Centre. Everything was perfect. Hotel was clean, quiet and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Top of our list for our next stay in Ottawa.
1 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2014
Brenda
"Somewhat Isolated"
This was a lovely hotel. Staff were very helpful. Breakfast was fine, lots of choices, hot buffet tasted too "steamed", "warmed-up" versus freshly cooked. The only real downside to this location was the lack of a restaurant within a safe, easy walking distance. Walking along a major multi-lane road, crossing 2 on-ramps to a major highway, over uneven pavement was challenging enough in daylight, too unsafe to do after sundown. There were lots of eateries an easy car drive away, however, not if you didn't have a car. And having to take a cab just adds to the cost of the meal.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Gym is 24Hr"
Fantastic service, gym is 24hrs which is a nice bonus if you are staying there for work.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Brent
"Excellent hotel for families"
Close to downtown (about 15 minutes on highway without traffic) and other activities. Reasonable hot/cold breakfast, clean rooms, nice pool and sauna. WIFI works well. Very satisfied.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"nice clean hotel, convenient west end location"
No issues, although they could use an extra elevator. Complimentary breakfast was perfect for the family, free coffee in the lobby all day was handy.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
jack famiily
The hotel was just 5 minutes from our event. Excellent service. Loved it.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Annette
"Amazing Value, Great Location"
Effortless to find, great location that is not in "the heart of everything", but you never feel far away. Quite and Cozy.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Ty
"Nice hotel!"
Nice, clean hotel. Good breakfast. Very friendly staff.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"not bad"
Wasn't bad, staff are friendly. But I expected a better breakfast :)
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Elevator broke down, but that happens from time to time. Breakfast was just ok, price is a little high for the room. Beds were comfortable, but there wasn't a lot of tv channels.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Very good location"
We were there for our son's hockey showcase. Lots of restaurants, and food shops nearby. Easy highway access. Complimentary breakfast was average. In room WiFi was average. Front desk personnel were very good.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Very comfortable for a last minute reservation
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Flora
"Good Stay"
Our stay was short, only one night, but it was a good one. Room was clean and comfortable. Elevator was out of service and we were on the 3rd floor, but that wasn't an issue with us. Complimentary breakfast was very busy and only just adequate, although the food was constantly being replenished. I would choose this hotel again.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
The bed was somewhat lumpy and the breakfast room could not keep up with the amount of guests received on Saturday.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Fast Assistance"
Firstly I had phoned & asked if we could get into rooms early plus requested adjoining rooms, no problem. Door was jammed on one of the rooms. A maid cleaning other rooms assisted by contacting desk & in no time staff arrived & opened jammed door. We were pleased with room & morning breakfast. Would gladly recommend your hotel.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Claire
"Nice family oasis outside of downtown"
Second time we stayed here and the breakfast buffet is nice way to start the day. Nothing is outstanding at this hotel but wonderful value for your dollar. Both my wife and daughter loved their beds and will definitely book here again if there is no reason to be downtown.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Cameron
"Pool was cold"
I book a hotel that has a pool because I like to use the pool. It was cold. I wish I had have spent a little more money to stay in a hotel that had a bigger, warm pool
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Ottawa Kanata
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services with our pool. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.