All hotels in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
Carretera a Barra de Navidad 8.5, Zona Hotelera Sur, Puerto Vallarta, JAL, 48390, Mexico, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Disappointing"
Elevators in the building didn't work half the time and when they did, they were slow. Hotel is old and unkept. Isolated area. Nice beach and pool.
3 night trip with friends Dec 23, 2015
"Bed bugs, leaky ceiling, slow and poor service"
We discovered after we left that the bites in our body were due to bed bugs and not mosquitoes. The room in the 10th floor was nice until the ceiling started leaking rain into our mattress. We were moved to the 9th floor room which was not nearly as nice and had the bed bugs. The service was not attentive and slow. we did not do the "all inlcussive" because we heard the food is bad. We love the location but will not stay here again after this experience.
5 night romance trip Oct 8, 2015
"Outdated and dirty"
Outdated decor. Dirty rooms. The toilet was broken when we arrived. The ac leaked onto the bed. The pool was dirty and cloudy looking. On the plus side the grounds were beautiful and the beach gorgeous. The hotel restaurant was delicious
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Very bad don't go there"
Rooms were in a very bad shape/ decor was old and coffee machine was broken food was terrible flies on all the fruits every where chefs attire and grill was very dirty
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
Alfred
"Just OK"
The hotel is in need of repairs, there is broken stucko everywhere and the elevators are at least 60 yrs old. The room was just OK nothing special. Everyday I had to go to the front desk because my key didn't work. I had to ask for coffee for the coffee machine in my room, 5 hours later I had to ask again before they finally brought me some. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for the money there are better.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2015
"Paradise View"
Coming from Barcelo I didn't know what to except, but this hotel has a killer view. I would recommend it in a heart beat, staff was great, room was clean and the VIEW...
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Vanessa Solis
"Nice beach front hotel...but,"
I found it very disconcerting that the hotel will nickel and dime you for everything from the coffee in your room, to the keys and the towel keys as well. The hotel should re-evaluate what they should charge and what they shouldn't charge.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
andrew
"Wrist bands made me feel trap and as a merchandise"
We got a wrist bAnd on our first day and we were told we should keep them at all times. That made me feel as if I had been branded; and I did not see the point of wearing the wrist bands. More over, my room was last on one side of the building and next to what seems to had been the service room and I just could not stand the noisy I heard at midnight. The dirty business between share time and tours sellers is nasty. They harass you whenever you happen to pass by the lobby. We should be free of that harassment at least in the hotel.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
elvira
"Good and bad"
The worst food we have ever had in a restaurant or a hotel. We tried the restaurant, the breakfast buffet and room service. All equally grotesquely bad! The concierges kept pushing us to participate in time-share sessions. When they realized that we would not - they stopped being helpful. The suite was very spacious and comfortable.
4 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Charlotte
"Mexican Frat House"
It was a Mexican frat house. Three bus loads of high school kids came and partied all day and night ran though the halls knocking on doors at 4am. The pool was clean and beautiful when we got there and in no time it was murky and you couldn't see the bottom. The staff was very in organized. No towels in our room. So sad because we stayed here 20 years ago and have such good memories of but I will never stay there again.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
"Fabulous staff, horrible hotel"
The only thing keeping this hotel together is the staff. Room: The room was dirty and had not been cleaned since the last guest stayed there in February or March. We suspect this because the tourist magazines in the room were all dated February 2015 and there were dead bugs - a spider, a dragonfly, a roach, and several flies in the bathroom. There was dust on most of the surfaces and the room smelled very musty. Turning on the AC did not dry things out. It made the smell worse. Food: Pretty awful. Not recognizable as far as what meat was on the buffet. Drinks: the bar was just fine and the bartender was super nice. We were there for one night as a transit from Mazatlan to Yelapa, so we did not go to the pool or the beach. The only positive is that the hotel has fantastic staff. They try very hard to make your stay pleasant, but Best Western is failing them. Do not stay there.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
Neeley
"Direct beach access"
Check in: We were given room key on 7th floor, when opened room door there was a guy sleeping, room was taken...it was very embarrassing. It took another 30 minutes for reception to get us a room key, this one was on 2nd floor and view was not very good, we had the restaurant roof as partial view. Room is large, and comfortable. Bathroom could use some upgrading and more cleaning. Restaurant buffet was good, open grill to order was nice addition. Nice pool & pool bar. Bartender was a lot of fun and helpful. We did not pay for All Inclusive, yet drinks were generic brand as if we were AI...disappointing paying full price for generic stuff. Nice private beach, but you had to wait forever to get an umbrella and beds if they were not already there. Far from town, can't walk into town, it is about a 15 minute cab ride.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Beach is amazing"
The hotel needs a little update (mainly the AC unit is noisy) but the beach is one of the best!!! The staff is great and the view of our room was to die for
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Francisco
First room we were shown to was already occupied. Second room was a two bed room, our request was for a king, no other room was avalible. Next night we were changed to a king size room, however the air conditioner didn't work . Took two days to resolve the issue. Had issues with toilet and shower. Several times we had to request hand towel and wash clothes.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Personal items taken without permission"
We had personal items taken from our room without permission.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Darwin
"Never again"
Our room was dirty. The bathroom had dead bugs on the floor and hair in the bath tub. We didn't have any washcloths or hand towels until the last day we were there. The bed and pillows were so uncomfortable that the Second day we went to Walmart and bought a bedroll, pillows and washcloths. We should have bought coffee because the third day in we were told we had to pay for the coffee, it's suppose to be complementary. I wanted a message while I was there. I was told it was 35.00 for 45 minutes. The next day I signed up for one and was charged 45.00 and they couldn't make change so it ended up costing me 50.00 and I broke out in a rash from the oil . Not exactly the best vacation we have ever had.
"Nice hotel, perfect setting"
Beach is beautiful, steps from the hotel. Staff is nice, polite, and very helpful. Pool bar staff are awesome, good guys. Room was dated a bit, clean, and plain. Overall a very nice place to stay. My ninas and I had a bueno time.
SingleDadTravel
"Very disappointing vacation!!!"
Sadly, we would not recommend this hotel to any one! The 1st room they put us in was horrible and very dirty. The second room they put us in was better but not up to the standards I would knowingly book. What the internet showed and what we received were two very different standards. There was a smell that came from over by the tennis courts that permeated the premises. You couldn't go near the tennis courts, which were not kept up either. They were in very sad shape. The food was decent, but they tended to serve the same thing over and over so we tired of it quickly. It would have been nice if there were more choices.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Vikki
"3 star hotel 5 star service"
Smiling faces and prompt service, our room was clean and inviting as was the rest of the facility.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Close to the beach. Pools are great for kids"
Nice stay just didn't like the staff following you for their free breakfast and presentation.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Nice place-especially for the $$"
Hotel is on a nice piece of beach..rooms need remodeling...but grounds are very nice....didn't eat at the restaurant
1 night trip with friends Feb 24, 2015
Jody
"Vacations"
Xcellent place....a bit far from puerto vallarta....but a real nice place....restaurant food not to good for that price....everything fine except loval restaurant.....
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Elevators broke down twice in the three days we were there. My wife has a bad knee so it was very inconvenient since we were on the eighth floor
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Made reservation 2 weeks before arrival. Had requested a king size bed and was given 2 double beds. Notified the front desk and costumer service rep. and although they said they would resolve the next day, they never did! After a long drive from Guadalajara to Pto. Vallarta, we just wanted to shower and relax, but unfortunately, the bathtub had an awful scum stain around the tub and the floors felt sandy and looked dirty! We informed the front desk and they did send someone to clean the tub, which I would rate a 3 from 1-5. On the first morning we got a call from the customer service rep. and somehow we agreed to a membership presentation that took away most of our morning! The restaurant staff were amazingly courteous and friendly! The food was great! The beach was spectacular!! On the last day, after my husband requested a late check out, the attendant, Jose, was very kind and offered the late check out at no charge, and when we returned to our room in the afternoon they had brought a beautiful fruit tray and a bottle of champagne!!! That was a surprise and kind gesture. The place is great and with more cleaning details it can be excellent!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Hotel close to beach"
Hotel is close to a small beach which is nice. The location is approximately a twenty minutes cab ride from the Malecon. If you plan on just relaxing by the pool all week it would be OK. The pool area, lobby, and grounds were well taken care of. My room was on the eighth floor, which was all great view, but the maid service left a lot to be desired. Every day we were left without towels, or bathmat, or face cloths. First day we had coffee for room, after that I was told I could have it, but would be charged for it, even though paperwork in the room stated it was supposed today be supplied.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
patty
"could have been better.....nice beach though"
Very disappointed in this best western. I know it's mexico where things are more 'relaxed' and I know it was inexpensive, however I think I'll pay more for a little more quality, service, attention, and amenities Food service employees were great....front desk, some not so attentive. Room was comfortable but left a lot to be desired. Phones didn't work, TV remote didn't work, HVAC controls had no display....one towel, two towels, no towel....spin the wheel.
7 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2015
"Nice beach compared to downtown beaches"
Great hotel for the price. Just 10-15 min drive to downtown. Has a nice beach where you could actually get in. All inclusive is not worth it not much selection at the buffet. Take a taxi and enjoy good food downtown.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
mike
"Very disappointing experience!!!"
Staff was rude. Elevator was bumpy. No ice machine, no power in the room. There were hairs on the bed! Floor was also dirty and the Jacuzzi had stains. They never turned the power on even after we complained, they basically forced us to leave and did not offer any compensation or option for our inconvenience.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Aldo
"Food disappoints"
The beach is so steep that many people have difficulty entering the ocean and exiting. The food is just flatly poor.
Wes
"Nice location"
We've been going 2 to 3 times a year for the last 6 years. The staff is great and the beach is one of the better ones. Taxis and buss service is right out front.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
"Nice hotel, beautiful views. Nice pool."
Stayed for 11 nights. Hotel was large, staff friendly, courteous and efficient. Large heated pool. Quiet hotel. Easy to get chairs around pool. Beautiful tuquoise sea, with almost white sand.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
denise
"A Good Bargain on the Beach"
This was our fourth stay at this hotel-- two when it was still the Intercontinental Presidente and two under Best Western management. It is still a wonderful hotel located on possibly the most beautiful beach in PV. All the rooms have large private balconies which overlook the Bay of Banderas. Many times we were able to spot whales while sitting and having our coffee. We paid for the morning breakfast option in the open terrace restaurant. Fresh fruit, an omelet station, chilaquiles, papas, quiche, frijoles and other Mexican dishes were among the choices which varied slightly from day to day. While many people chose the all-inclusive option, we chose to pay 8 pesos and ride the bus into town for dinner at one of PV's many wonderful restaurants or maybe take the bus the other way, a ten minute ride to Mismaloya and have dinner at Tony's. In addition to the terrace restaurant, there is another restaurant in the hotel which offers a surf and turf special. There is also a restaurant in the condo building next door which offers a nice menu.and live music twice a week. Live music was also featured in the open bar/lounge area on friday nights. Fernando whom we have known throughout all four of our stays now manages the bar/lounge with the same efficiency he used to manage the pool bar--and always with a smile. In fact all of the hotel staff-- including front desk, maids, bellboy and restaurant staff, were helpful and friendly.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Beautiful hotel. Excellent location and view."
We spent the weekend there. The rooms are very confortable and spacious. Clean and all that you may need. Hotel has big swimming pool and beach right there. We'll come back for sure.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Average hotel on the beach. Affordable"
This was a great hotel located right on the beach. However, the staff at check-in needed improvement. It seemed they were understaffed, so could have been an off-day. The restaurant waiter was excellent. If you are looking for a view the second floor is not the best for that. You can see the water and a bit of the beach. The water was a lot clearer and less rocky than other beaches at Puerto Vallarta. We had a excellent supper. Overall it was 3.7/5.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Nice view but dirty floors in room, stark white paint every where, old lamps old bathtub no decor like a white cave. Dont stay here if you like a nice place. Stay here if budget is most important. No happy hour no energy, bar is open but no one ever there
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Simply The Best!!!"
I absolutely love this hotel. It is just far enough away from all of the tourists and yet super comfortable. This is the second time I stayed here. This time I booked suites for my mother-in-law and father-in-law and for my sister-in-laws to stay with me. Everyone had an amazing time. I was in town for one night and it felt like an amazing relaxing vacation. The staff is amazing. Very professional and pleasant to deal with.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Gregory
"2.5 star hotel - 4 star location - 1.5 star price"
We visit PV 2 weeks every January. This was our first stay in this hotel, which is in a first class location, except for being 5 miles from PV. It's right on a nice semi-private beach. The rooms are basic, with older, furnishings. Daily maid service was spotty - we were never sure how many threadbare towels we would get. But this is a place you stay in for the outdoor amenities, NOT FOR the indoor amenities. We always have a car when in Mexico, so getting to PV (every day) was easy. Taxis and busses are cheap, so getting to town is no problem. If you want to go to town most days, I'd get a car, as they are cheap.....if you do your homework and understand how to avoid the extra insurances. The hotel is about 1 mile from Mismoloya - which has couple of restaurants but not much more. It also has the zoo, which really surprised us. The zoo was well worth the 100 peso admission, and can be done in 2-3 hours. We also went to the botanic garden, about 10 miles south of Mismoloya, which was another worthy stop. We were fully satisfied by the hotel because we define what's important to us: beachfront with a good beach and pool area, ample pool lounge chairs, a room with water views and a balcony, decent enough room facilities, free parking & a TV. The hotel cheks all these boxes. If you will spend most of your time outside the room (which is why we go to PV), this is a great hotel value. We would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Jon
"Decent motel, great staff"
The rooms were fine, and the motel was on a beautiful beach. The rooms could be noisy, but the noise was never a problem late at night or early in the morning. Minor annoyances were problems with WiFi and the elevator. The motel was at its best when one of the guests we met had a serious personal problem, and the motel helped her out with a free room for one night.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Hotel near the beach"
The front desk were busy with their cell phones. I waited thinking that they would see me, and call me up but no so I walked front and asked for help. He nodded his head and told me to wait a minute. After this showing my ID he mentioned that all the rooms are full, I mentioned that I had a booking -His answer was Oo I see floor 1. That was not the room I had booked with you "Expedia”, I could not see due to the loud noise of the elevator that did not stop at all. Sad but not a hotel to mention it on your ads.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Sudhan
"Beautiful view, friendly staff, great price"
Extremely friendly staff, great quiet location to relax. The food is great as well. Amazing price for what you receive. My husband and I will definitely be staying here again during our next getaway!
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
amanda
"ADEQUATE FOR THE PRICE"
This is an older hotel. It is clean and the room was spacious. Food not so good. Pool chairs not very comfortable. Location is not good if you want something in the proximity. Taxi fare $130 pesos to the Malecon. However, keep in mind the price is right and reflects the level of this hotel. Keeping the price in mind, I would consider returning. Just don't expect a 5 star facility when you are paying for 3 stars.
4 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
DANIEL
"Needs major facelift!"
Not a bad 1 or 2 day stay for the money. Place needs a major facelift or to be torn down and rebuilt. If this was in the US it would be shut down for major safety and structural code violations. Concrete is literally falling apart from it's structure and metal supports are old and rusted throughout the gutters and roof.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"Big suite style rooms and terrace, on ocean"
when we walked into the room my wife said this is the best hotel suite we've ever had the view was spectacular of the ocean and the mountains in the background nice private beach and warm water although the beach was a little steep it was great for swimming across the street there was jungle it surprised us that there was so much jungle in the area and we enjoyed visiting the Botanical Gardens and enjoying fine foods
Nider
"Very nice hotel in beautiful Old Puerto Vallarta"
This hotel is very nice. Good location, very good service, good food y a wonderful staff. I really recommend this hotel if you really want to have a wonderful vacation in Puerto Vallarta.
claudio
"Secluded paradise at affordable rates!"
We are happy of our stay because the hotel es magnificent, beyond expectations of a Best Western Plus. The beach is unique, crystal clear water and amazing tropical forest. Our room was amazing, a luxury big room in front of the ocean. All the facilities working properly, the room was neat, always very well maintained.The staff was also the very best all the time. Always ready to go the extra mile to make our stay comfortable. At the beginning when I booked this hotel I was hesitating because some bad critics about the place, but the quality of a Best Western Plus is a guarantee of good service and quality rooms and installations, so I decided to go for it. The decision was right because the place is in a constant transformation to make it better. For sure we will be back to this place and we will highly recommend to anyone who is looking for nice rates and lodging.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Olivia
"Nice beach, bad everything else"
The service and overall customer experience was good. But the amenities were horrible... we had to ask for towels and never got them. And the room had several parts that didn't work correctly. Overall, we wont be coming again.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Leon
"OK in PVR"
Beach is great; service is great, elevators did not work properly (sometimes not at all); phone system is not working;messages were not received
9 night trip Dec 16, 2014
Louise
Nice view and beach, very dated and limited facilities, average staff/service, very disappointing food. Bottled water was not included. We experienced multiple problems with our reservation in advance and ended up having to pay an additional unexpected fee upon check-in. And the lock on our room broke, locking us out and subsequently requiring us to switch rooms on our second day, a big inconvenience with a small child.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Best Western Suites PVR"
The elevators were not working properly...the phones in the room did not work, and the hotel never communicated my messages to me
9 night trip Dec 16, 2014
Louise
"Minimal quality, but minimal sun."
I went for a family vacation for 5 nights. The hotel grounds lack sun for most of the day. there is a building next door that blocks the sun for much of the day. The beach isn't deep and it isn't very wide. The way it is laid out, there are huge breaking waves so young children shouldn't go into the water. The pool is nice with a swim up bar. Never too crowded. The food was below average. Bottled water wasn't included in the "all-inclusive" package. The Wi-Fi was TERRIBLE and worked about 15% of the time and you must continually log on for it to possible work. The weather was outstanding. The hotel has many amenities, yet is small enough to easily find your group. We booked a reservation for the only other restaurant, other than the buffet, and when we got there it didn't even open for the evening. The place is overall pretty bad, but it was on the lower end of the pricing spectrum so it was in line with expectations in that regard.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014