All hotels in Cape May, New Jersey, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here200 Congress Place, Cape May, NJ, 08204, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Victorian Charm"
Great hotel experience. Takes you back to a bygone era!
2 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
"Great Cape May hotel."
Wonderful stay.
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Darrell
"Cover in room was bi deal. Friends and I will not"
Staff was great. Hotel pretty and very clean. Prices very expensive. I asked for coffee maker in room. Told no. Thought there was coffee in lobby. Got dressed in am to get some. None there. Told to go buy it or order it from room service after 730. Was tild by manager " nothing is free here". I want to make coffee in my room I don't want to get out of my pajamas Or comb hair or pay 10 dollars a pot to a hotel who is charging me 209 dollars a night for a small room with the view of a roof, one bed and no bureau. it was a simple thing that will turn me and the people I tell about congress hall away from there
2 night trip Mar 6, 2015
Bobbi
"Love Congress Hall!"
I love this hotel. The beds are the most comfortable beds ever! I love the Blue Pig Restaurant - the food and the atmosphere is always great. It's an old hotel but really nice to visit.
1 night family trip Feb 24, 2015
"dissapointing"
Off-season business trip. Stayed 1 night. Nice looking landmark and I love Cape May. The desk clerk at check-in was rather rude to the point of making me want to stay elsewhere. Restaurant service was slow and entrée was lukewarm. But beautiful restaurant décor and atmosphere. My room was fine and I did get a good deal. The two clerks at check out were very nice and quite professional. I would only stay here again if I had a great deal.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
Edward
"Magical!!!"
It was excellent, glorious and magical!!! Fantastic hotel,,,,warm, cozy, beautiful.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Step back in time"
Excellent stay in this historic hotel. They do not make them like this anymore.
2 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
"Nice Hotel, But!"
This is a Nice Hotel, the rooms are OK, BUT the Bathrooms are fantastic. Our Stay started by being told that we could not check in until after 5PM. And this was because the hotel was closed for 3 days prior to our stay and the heat and all was just turned back on. This was difficult as it was very cold outside as well, and not knowing the area and where to go and wait was a large issue. Once Checked in the Hotel itself was very cold, we were freezing in the rooms until somewhere in the early morning when the heat actually started to overcome the cold in the building. I would have appreciated a heads up or some notification before arriving of what was in store for us that first day to be able to be better prepared or make other arrangements. The Restaurant and staff were very friendly, But I have to say I felt a bit overwhelmed when the Bill arrived, 2 persons have a couple drinks, and a dinner should not be well over $100 dollars in my opinion. I think they are a bit overpriced and if I were to stay again, I would eat outside.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Expensive but worth it. Beautiful building, nice room, beautiful view, great staff, etc.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Everything was great! Workers worked very hard. Rooms were clean!
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Great friendly warm homey atmosphere."
When you arrive you just feel the warm family atmosphere that the hotel has on you. The Hall is decorated for the Christmas season, the fireplaces going in all the room. There are activities going on all of the time for all members of the family, you have the 'Winter Wonderland' in the back court yard to music and great drinks for mom and dad in the 'Brown Room'.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Michael jack
"congress hall at Christmastime"
Love the Congress Hall. Very festive and a great vibe for both couples and families. Room was super comfy and charming. Hotel has a lot of character.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Nice at Christmas"
Front desk staff member not very friendly or helpful. Was expecting a quieter, more relaxing stay. Did not realize how active restaurant, lobby, and bar area would be with families with small children. Room very comfortable and clean. Christmas decorations were lovely. Dinner at Blue Pig was louder than most sports bars - not conducive for conversation.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Sue
"Christmasy weekend"
We had a nice little overnight holiday before Christmas. Unfortunately, they mixed up our reservation and we had to squeeze our family in a much smaller room than planned. They accommodated immediately with rollaway beds but it was tight! If you are looking for a restful respite, this hotel is not it. There were children running up and down the halls and screaming in the the courtyard until 11:30 pm.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
mom of 3
"Always wanted to stay at Congress Hall"
I owned a small house in Cape May which I recently sold. I needed to stay at a hotel during the house closing process. As I have been a frequent visitor to the Blue Pig, etc.and have wondered what a stay at CH would be like, I decided to try it out.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Deb
"Great historic hotel"
Room was great Hotel was very nice historic and authentic had a great experience
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Great location wonderful for the Christmas season"
We had a great time here, the staff was amazing and we loved doing the gingerbread houses with Mrs.claus. She was wonderful!
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"December honeymoon"
We went for our honeymoon and found the hotel extremely comfortable and relaxing. In the off season it is harder to find open restaurants nearby, but we still found delicious food. Our do-not disturb sign dissapered one night off pur door so it was good that we remembered the chain as housecleaning tried to come in while we were still in the room but they keep a tight ship otherwise
3 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
Katrina
"Memorable"
It was interesting to stay is an historic property. Kind of like staying in a place in the past.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
Ed
"Great get-away during the Christmas season"
Wanting to relax and get away before Christmas, we decided to go to Congress Hall in Cape May for a mini-vacation. We loved the hotel - it was very grand, beautifully decorated, and had a warm, cozy bar. We went from Tuesday to Thursday. We would probably go later on in the week since many shops are only open Thursday through Sunday. We definitely would go back.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Carol Ann
"Hotel with charm"
Hotel has a nice throw back charm you can almost feel it s time of grandjour. Slatted door nice touch bathroom nice and roomy. I know it is about making money but I would like to have seen a microwave,small coffee pot and refrig in the room. The snack bar in the room is insanely priced. I wonder what it would have cost to use the in room locked bar which was annoying to a degree due to the evidently secured refrig going off and on all night. The tv plug was pulled slightly from back of tv so it didnt work until we figured it out. Tv did not provide great reception for football game.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
dante
"Great location & best lounge area in Cape May"
Lovely stay ay Congress Hall. Nice entertainment in the Brown Room, excellent food & drinks.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Great old hotel"
Everything was great. Only complaint was plumbing not the best but to be expected in a building this age. Staff responded quickly to our complaint about plumbing issues
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Love the appearance/ location could not be better"
Congress Hall is a beautiful gem. Elegant and cultured in appearance. The tour was great and well worth the time. We spent the weekend there and it was very loud and unpleasant. It doesn't quiet down until after 2am. It would be a great place to go and party due to live bands on Friday and Saturday nights. If your looking for rest and relaxation, pick a nice bed and breakfast.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Congress Hall in November"
We had a great stay at Congress Hall. This was our second time staying there. The room was large and comfortable, and we absolutely love the Blue Pig Tavern restaurant. The only negative aspect of our stay was the noise of people throwing out what sounded like a large amount of bottles at about 4AM. We looked outside, and we were not even near the trash area, so we are unsure where this noise was coming from. Either way, it was obnoxious and woke us up. The staff here is great, and I would likely stay here again.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Lauren
"Trip down memory Lane"
A relaxing weekend with drinks in the Brown Room and dinner in the Blue Pig Tavern.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2014
Everything was wonderful. Just needs blackout curtains on window.
kron
Awesome experience! Amazing in every way! My balcony room w/ the ocean view was one of the most peaceful experiences ever.
"Ok"
Would not recommend the annex room, as it was very noisy However, clean and bed comfortable. Totally enjoyed our breakfast. It was wonderful. Congrats to the chef.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
"Love Congress Hall"
My boyfriend and I visit Cape May quite often and we always wanted to stay at Congress Hall and we finally got the chance to stay there! We will never stay anywhere other than Congress Hall again! We completely fell in love with every aspect of the hotel!
2 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"Awesome getaway"
Awesome stay. The hotel is beautiful, staff is friendly and helpful. The room was so cozy and comfortable. Stay here.
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
Angela
"Transported back in time..."
This hotel is amazing. They have meticulously maintained the history of this Cape May landmark. The rooms were clean and comfortable while still maintaining that Victorian feel. If I ever get back to CM, this is where I'm staying The grounds and pool are by far the best around.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Baysol
"Absolutely beautiful and charming."
I used to live in Cape May and only visited the bar. What a treat to stay in this uttterly charming hotel with a huge room painted in a lovely Tiffany blue with salmon abd ivory accents. Room service was a plus too.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
barb
"Relaxing night away"
We were looking for a quick get away at a good price. I have always wanted to stay at Congress Hall, but found the Summer season prices too high. Luckily for us I found a deal I couldn't pass up. Our room was clean, comfortable and had a nice view. The front desk clerk was friendly and courteous. Loved the character and history that goes along with an old building.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
"convenience to all I wanted to see and do"
congress hall does not let you down,allows you to feel like a true vip, and the age and ambiance of the hotel was just wonderful !!!!
2 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2014
Louise
Lovely elegant old hotel in a great location with a very attentive staff, good food and comfortable room. No complaints.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"Great Offseason Experience"
By now you know this is a restored treasure from Cape May's past. Its a very comfortable hotel, The bed was VERY comfortable. Don't judge the hotel by the Check In experience. No one will help you with your bags. Also - use the valet parking - its free and they offer no guidance on self parking. Lobby Bar looks nice but it was hard to get in - Hotel restaurant offered a great environment but the food was not all that special. Those were the negatives - positives - EXCELLENT location right off the Washington Street Mall and across the street from the beach. Pretty quiet considering its a 19th century building.
2 night trip Oct 15, 2014
Brian Beddow
"awsome!"
The hotel was awesome! Great location , a minute walk to Washington st and the beach. Went for a weekend getaway and had a great time. The hotel offers two bars with Live music. The Ebbitt, sister hotel restaurant had amazing food. Expensive but worth th price!! Defiantly staying at congress hall again!
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"A Very Nice Stay"
This hotel is centrally located near the beach in lovely Cape May. The staff is friendly and helpful, as well as professional. The hotel is warm and inviting. My only comment is that the rooms would benefit from an update. The beds are comfortable, but the space is quaint. The onsite restaurant is great...really good service and a great menu. The pool bar is comfortable. I would stay there again.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Beverly
"Manage your expectations.."
It is OLD, and not necessarily in the good way... our King bed / Ocean view room had low ceilings and obstructed view of the ocean (obstructed by the tv / fridge unit that could not move AND DID NOT need to be where it was)... The bathroom is about 1/2 the size of the bedroom and the best part of the room... I would say if you are in the area and want to stay somewhere historic make sure you get the low down on the exact room you are booking before doing it... the 4th floor is where we stayed and I would AVOID that... for the price I expected more luxury... we could have stayed at a truly luxurious hotel for what we paid for Meh.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Great location!"
Ready to return!
3 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2014
Susie
"Ok hotel, close to beach, overpriced."
Check in is very inefficient. If you show up a couple minutes early, they make you wait until they check everybody in. Otherwise room was ok but noisy. Bed was not so good, lumpy and Bumpy.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
lynn
"the ultimate in Cape May comfort"
Loved the hotel
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
Martin S
"Hotel is old I would not stay again."
The hotels amenities (pool, spa, restaurant, shops) must be what gave this place a high rating. We were in 319 which I'm guessing is the worst room in the place. Terribly small. I did not care for the place at all. But then we appreciate a more contemporary decor. The location is good and the view from the front lawn and adirondack chairs is beautiful
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Deb
"So Smooth"
Just what we expected. Old time charm and very helpful staff. Could not be more pleased with our stay at the Congress. Close to everything and the beach was beautiful. Staff provided lounges and a umbrella, what more could you ask for.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2014
Rettfire
"Spontaneous night in Cape May"
Congress Hall was both gorgeous and unique. It had tha perfect location across the street from the beach. The bathroom was large and spacious. The bed was very comfortable, which says a lot because I usually have a difficult time sleeping In hotels. My only critique was the man checking me in was inefficient and seemed unknowledgeable. Despite this, I would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Close to the beach, great benefits"
First time staying here and had a great time. Located right at the beach and the Washington Street mall area. Room was clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Free umbrellas and beach chairs on the beach is a great benefit. Can also park your car in the self-park lot all day after you check out.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Three day family trip."
Excellent three day stay. Originally booked room at the last minute, could only get one queen size bed, I requested a cot for my adult son when making the reservation online$20.00 hotel $25.00. When we arrived at Congress Hall they gave us a room with two queen size beds for a 10.00 a night upgrade, the next day we had to make a room switch, front desk to care of everything including moving our luggage while we shopped. Since we were in house guest the night before, we were allowed the room at 12pm instead of 3pm. We dined in the Blue Blue, forgot the 20% coupon that the hotel gave me. Definetly going back next summer for five days. Activities going on at the hotel, it was wonderful. Rooms were very clean! The beach is within walking distance across the street., small pool.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014