All hotels in Cape May, New Jersey, United States of America
200 Congress Place, Cape May, NJ, 08204, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Hotel with charm"
Hotel has a nice throw back charm you can almost feel it s time of grandjour. Slatted door nice touch bathroom nice and roomy. I know it is about making money but I would like to have seen a microwave,small coffee pot and refrig in the room. The snack bar in the room is insanely priced. I wonder what it would have cost to use the in room locked bar which was annoying to a degree due to the evidently secured refrig going off and on all night. The tv plug was pulled slightly from back of tv so it didnt work until we figured it out. Tv did not provide great reception for football game.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
dante
"Great location & best lounge area in Cape May"
Lovely stay ay Congress Hall. Nice entertainment in the Brown Room, excellent food & drinks.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Great old hotel"
Everything was great. Only complaint was plumbing not the best but to be expected in a building this age. Staff responded quickly to our complaint about plumbing issues
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Love the appearance/ location could not be better"
Congress Hall is a beautiful gem. Elegant and cultured in appearance. The tour was great and well worth the time. We spent the weekend there and it was very loud and unpleasant. It doesn't quiet down until after 2am. It would be a great place to go and party due to live bands on Friday and Saturday nights. If your looking for rest and relaxation, pick a nice bed and breakfast.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Congress Hall in November"
We had a great stay at Congress Hall. This was our second time staying there. The room was large and comfortable, and we absolutely love the Blue Pig Tavern restaurant. The only negative aspect of our stay was the noise of people throwing out what sounded like a large amount of bottles at about 4AM. We looked outside, and we were not even near the trash area, so we are unsure where this noise was coming from. Either way, it was obnoxious and woke us up. The staff here is great, and I would likely stay here again.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Lauren
"Trip down memory Lane"
A relaxing weekend with drinks in the Brown Room and dinner in the Blue Pig Tavern.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2014
Everything was wonderful. Just needs blackout curtains on window.
kron
Awesome experience! Amazing in every way! My balcony room w/ the ocean view was one of the most peaceful experiences ever.
"Ok"
Would not recommend the annex room, as it was very noisy However, clean and bed comfortable. Totally enjoyed our breakfast. It was wonderful. Congrats to the chef.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
"Love Congress Hall"
My boyfriend and I visit Cape May quite often and we always wanted to stay at Congress Hall and we finally got the chance to stay there! We will never stay anywhere other than Congress Hall again! We completely fell in love with every aspect of the hotel!
2 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"Awesome getaway"
Awesome stay. The hotel is beautiful, staff is friendly and helpful. The room was so cozy and comfortable. Stay here.
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
Angela
"Transported back in time..."
This hotel is amazing. They have meticulously maintained the history of this Cape May landmark. The rooms were clean and comfortable while still maintaining that Victorian feel. If I ever get back to CM, this is where I'm staying The grounds and pool are by far the best around.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Baysol
"Absolutely beautiful and charming."
I used to live in Cape May and only visited the bar. What a treat to stay in this uttterly charming hotel with a huge room painted in a lovely Tiffany blue with salmon abd ivory accents. Room service was a plus too.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
barb
"Relaxing night away"
We were looking for a quick get away at a good price. I have always wanted to stay at Congress Hall, but found the Summer season prices too high. Luckily for us I found a deal I couldn't pass up. Our room was clean, comfortable and had a nice view. The front desk clerk was friendly and courteous. Loved the character and history that goes along with an old building.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
"convenience to all I wanted to see and do"
congress hall does not let you down,allows you to feel like a true vip, and the age and ambiance of the hotel was just wonderful !!!!
2 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2014
Louise
Lovely elegant old hotel in a great location with a very attentive staff, good food and comfortable room. No complaints.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"Great Offseason Experience"
By now you know this is a restored treasure from Cape May's past. Its a very comfortable hotel, The bed was VERY comfortable. Don't judge the hotel by the Check In experience. No one will help you with your bags. Also - use the valet parking - its free and they offer no guidance on self parking. Lobby Bar looks nice but it was hard to get in - Hotel restaurant offered a great environment but the food was not all that special. Those were the negatives - positives - EXCELLENT location right off the Washington Street Mall and across the street from the beach. Pretty quiet considering its a 19th century building.
2 night trip Oct 15, 2014
Brian Beddow
"awsome!"
The hotel was awesome! Great location , a minute walk to Washington st and the beach. Went for a weekend getaway and had a great time. The hotel offers two bars with Live music. The Ebbitt, sister hotel restaurant had amazing food. Expensive but worth th price!! Defiantly staying at congress hall again!
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"A Very Nice Stay"
This hotel is centrally located near the beach in lovely Cape May. The staff is friendly and helpful, as well as professional. The hotel is warm and inviting. My only comment is that the rooms would benefit from an update. The beds are comfortable, but the space is quaint. The onsite restaurant is great...really good service and a great menu. The pool bar is comfortable. I would stay there again.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Beverly
"Manage your expectations.."
It is OLD, and not necessarily in the good way... our King bed / Ocean view room had low ceilings and obstructed view of the ocean (obstructed by the tv / fridge unit that could not move AND DID NOT need to be where it was)... The bathroom is about 1/2 the size of the bedroom and the best part of the room... I would say if you are in the area and want to stay somewhere historic make sure you get the low down on the exact room you are booking before doing it... the 4th floor is where we stayed and I would AVOID that... for the price I expected more luxury... we could have stayed at a truly luxurious hotel for what we paid for Meh.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Great location!"
Ready to return!
3 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2014
Susie
"Ok hotel, close to beach, overpriced."
Check in is very inefficient. If you show up a couple minutes early, they make you wait until they check everybody in. Otherwise room was ok but noisy. Bed was not so good, lumpy and Bumpy.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
lynn
"the ultimate in Cape May comfort"
Loved the hotel
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
Martin S
"Hotel is old I would not stay again."
The hotels amenities (pool, spa, restaurant, shops) must be what gave this place a high rating. We were in 319 which I'm guessing is the worst room in the place. Terribly small. I did not care for the place at all. But then we appreciate a more contemporary decor. The location is good and the view from the front lawn and adirondack chairs is beautiful
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Deb
"So Smooth"
Just what we expected. Old time charm and very helpful staff. Could not be more pleased with our stay at the Congress. Close to everything and the beach was beautiful. Staff provided lounges and a umbrella, what more could you ask for.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2014
Rettfire
"Spontaneous night in Cape May"
Congress Hall was both gorgeous and unique. It had tha perfect location across the street from the beach. The bathroom was large and spacious. The bed was very comfortable, which says a lot because I usually have a difficult time sleeping In hotels. My only critique was the man checking me in was inefficient and seemed unknowledgeable. Despite this, I would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Close to the beach, great benefits"
First time staying here and had a great time. Located right at the beach and the Washington Street mall area. Room was clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Free umbrellas and beach chairs on the beach is a great benefit. Can also park your car in the self-park lot all day after you check out.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Three day family trip."
Excellent three day stay. Originally booked room at the last minute, could only get one queen size bed, I requested a cot for my adult son when making the reservation online$20.00 hotel $25.00. When we arrived at Congress Hall they gave us a room with two queen size beds for a 10.00 a night upgrade, the next day we had to make a room switch, front desk to care of everything including moving our luggage while we shopped. Since we were in house guest the night before, we were allowed the room at 12pm instead of 3pm. We dined in the Blue Blue, forgot the 20% coupon that the hotel gave me. Definetly going back next summer for five days. Activities going on at the hotel, it was wonderful. Rooms were very clean! The beach is within walking distance across the street., small pool.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
P.R.
"Anniversary Overnight"
My husband and I visit Cape May a few times a year, but had never stayed at Congress Hall. We found a last minute deal on hotels.com and decided to give it a go since we enjoy the Hotel's restaurants and bars. We were very happy with our decision. While our room was small, it was clean and brightly decorated and suited our needs for our short stay. We wound up with a lovely ocean view although the room had been advertised as a city view. We enjoyed cocktails poolside from the cabana bar and later, more cocktails and live acoustic music in the Brown Room after dinner. (We dined elsewhere). Breakfast at The Blue Pig Tavern the following morning was delicious. My husband really enjoyed the fresh squeezed orange juice. We ate outside on the terrace where some heavy-duty landscaping began shortly after we were seated. The manager offered to move us and sent us complimentary mimosas to apologize for the less than ideal setting. Overall, we had a wonderful visit and are already planning our next stay!
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2014
Dana
"All you expect"
A great place to stay, with a wonderful, attentive staff.
5 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Upscale hotel right across the street from the beach. Had a great night in the Brown Room with my wife for our 10 yr wedding anniversary. Awesome stay will definitely be back soon!
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
"Wow!"
This was our first trip to the Jersey Shore and my husband and I were both very impressed with the hotel, their gracious staff, the restaurants, etc. It's a wonderful and beautiful hotel staffed by gracious employees. We will be back - this time with the kids.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Chicca's Cape May"
The Congress Hotel is so convenient to the Washigton Mall, restaurants, the Cape May Stage (which I love).... and,it's right across from the beach. I was impressed with the feel, cleanliness and comfort of my large room. I would have liked having a table in my room though...one that would be able to hold the room service tray. I love the Brown Room and they mix great drinks. The grounds are beautiful and there are lots of chairs for lounging in the shade or in the sun.
2 night trip Jun 1, 2014
"No frig in the room, everything is historic, and n"
The experience was less than satisfactory. Booked for my honeymoon and was not given any special attention or upgrades. Even a frig was an upcharge.
Other trip May 29, 2014
honeymooner
"Congress Hall"
For the per night fee this hotel could have better quality beds. In addition we had NO AC for two nights. No consideration fro the hotel.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Location, location"
Friends had stayed at this hotel years ago and recommended it. The bed was amazing, so comfortable, wanted to take it home....The hotel staff was top notch, lobby lovely, bar, music, food, porch with rockers and view of the ocean. The only negative thing I have to say is the maintenance on the floors (tiles, etc) could have been better maintained.
1 night trip with friends May 11, 2014
E. Ollinger
One of the best hotels I have stayed at. i loved it! Cannot beat the location. The bathrooms are to die for.
2 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2014
"Nice Hotel near the beach"
Nice hotel. We enyoyed walking on the beach and using the sap at the hotel.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
a traveller
I felt like I was living in the past. I really enjoyed it.
2 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Tom S
"Ocean Drive Marathon Hotel"
Stayed here because it was one of the marathon hotels and it was positioned close to the start line. Unknowingly, booking the room through Hotels.com disqualified runners for marathon-late-checkout despite having communicated a request for late checkout as a marathon runner . The surprise came after running 4 hours in the pouring rain and taking the shuttle back to the hotel. Several unlucky runners were allowed a mere few minutes to clear their rooms and exit. No shower but of course a substantial extra charge was added to the bill. Never encountered such a lack of concern/interest in individual guests. The marathon was great, the hotel was disappointing.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"We got engaged here!!!"
Our experience was amazing, the hotel room was beautiful. When the hotel found out we were getting engaged they gave us champaign and then 4 complimentary drinks in the brown room. Even though the weather was bad the ambiance was charming and perfect. We walked around the grounds and shopped in the charming gift shops. All the employees were respectful and pleasant. I would highly recommend this venue for a romantic weekend or a party.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Darren
"weekend for my husbands birthday"
Very nice hotel except if you go for a special reason don't they messed up. I ordered strawberries and champaign for my husbands birthday and got a cheese and fruit tray instead. Then they were going to comp the mix up and charged my account anyway. They lack in communication skills and in the off season that is a big problem I can't even image in it were in season.
2 night romance trip Mar 23, 2014
Ellen
"Very nice"
For an older 20th century building , it was very nice. Room was very basic but fit the period in which it was built. Liked the historic aspect and old time feel and architecture.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
"nice hotel but disappointed about a few things"
phone in room broken, bolt lock would not work on door and toilet paper holder fell off the wall
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"One of a Kind"
Congress Hall is a grand lady of the beach. Elegantly situated across from the beach, she has weathered the storms of weather and our nation for almost two hundred years. I'm certain that she was elegant when she opened and she is today. Comfortable rooms with floors a little soft in places as all the grand hotels seem to have. The stair case retains its sweeping curves from floor to floor. the elevator is ok but take the stairs if you can. The lounge is lively with young and old enjoying their time together. The food is nicely unique and quite inexpensive for such a grand hotel. Parking can be a bit of a chore but the valet service is free to hotel guests. I feel privileged to have stayed in this grand old lady and look forward to visiting her again..
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Chuck
"repeat customer"
Like stepping into a time capsule. I fancy myself a Victorian era merchant visiting Cape May and lodging at the finest establishment in town. Ever wanted to spend the night at a museum? here's your chance. I travel to Cape May on business a couple times a year... I now know where I will be staying, every time.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2014
J
Loved staying at Congress Hall. Staff was wonderful and very accommodating. Rooms clean and cheerful. Location was perfect. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2014
elizabeth
"Cozy and accommodating"
Felt very comfortable staying at Congress Hall. My fiance and I enjoyed our room, the prompt room service breakfast and we the very much enjoyed The Blue Pig Tavern. Fantastic menu and great service. We will definitely be returning for a summer getaway.
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
"Ocean View"
Was spectacular. Room was well preserved with functioning windows. Restaurant service was inattentive. Would go back.
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2014
"A Lovely Victorian Sea Side Hotel"
We stayed at the hotel on XMAS eve. It was a delight. Beautiful building. Wonderful view. Lots of holiday spirit. Almost sorry that family events kept us from fully exploring and enjoying the hotel.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013