All hotels in Medina, Ohio, United States of America
5161 Montville Dr, Medina, OH, 44256, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"Was just fine."
The Super was just fine. I needed a place to sleep and it provided that.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
The hotel was great and the staff took very good care us. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. This was my first time using hotel.com and I'm very satisfied.
2 night business trip Jul 17, 2013
Tremaine
We have stayed here before. We like the location, we have family in Medina, Akron and Cleveland. This visit, our room did not have soap, shampoo, etc. No elevator is a problem for me. May have to stay elsewhere next time. My blanket was full of burn holes. The general hotel was not as clean as it was before. I was sorry that I convinced my adult children to stay there. But, the gentleman at the front desk is always very friendly and helpful. He tried to get me a room on 1st floor, not possible, helped me upstairs with luggage.
3 night trip Jun 13, 2013
"good stay"
spent 3 nights at Super8 Medina. clean bedding, clean bathroom, good access to food (Rockne's was great, greek diner across the highway not so great). non-smoking room was actually non-smoking. Friendly staff. Excellent price. free breakfast sorta marginal, all sugar & carbs. will stay again if I'm in the area.
3 night trip Jun 13, 2013
jett127
"Not to bad"
Overall not to bad. With some small repairs in the hotel and rooms this would be a very nice hotel. I'd stay again.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
"Good hotel for the price."
The hotel was nice. Very simple. Breakfast left a little to be desired. We just went to the store and purchased our own. Bed was comfortable as was the room. Service from staff was good. Overall, for the price, it was a good hotel.
Other trip May 29, 2013
Nice wooded setting, that was easily accessed off I-71.
1 night trip May 25, 2013
"Picking kid up at college."
This is a very nice place, better than expected for a value priced Hotel. No problems, reclining chair is a nice touch. The only issue is that the carpet in our room is a bit worn by the bathroom door. Not really a big deal, everything else was great. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip May 12, 2013
College Dad
"10 hour post licensing."
Overall good.
1 night business trip May 3, 2013
"Friendly staff, quiet location."
No frills here, but the room was clean and breakfast was plentiful. It is far enough from the road as to be quiet, though we could hear ipstairs neighbor walkkng around.
1 night trip Apr 13, 2013
"One night"
It did the job for a one night stay. Would stay again.
Other trip Apr 3, 2013
Close to I71 however heard no noise.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013
Dave E.
"Good Value!"
Overall very good value. Considering the weather, snow and rain mix, the carpets were dirty in the entry and hallways. Had to put the trash bags in the room cans, but otherwise it was OK. The hotel is very near the highway and you could occasionally hear trucks zooming by.
1 night trip Feb 27, 2013
Sam
"great hotel"
Staff was friendly and attentive. Room was clean. Overall great hotel for the price and a convenient location.
1 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2013
It did the job, for the price. Hallways and room very hot. It was snowing and very cold outside, we had to turn on the air conditioning in our room, to make it comfortable.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2012
Mary .
"Overnight"
Very nice and quiet, very clean.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2012
"Over night stay."
Overall the quality is good for the price. My issue was with house keeping banging on doors starting at 8 in the morning. Even if you put up a ' do not disturb " the banging on adjacent doors was enough to woke everyone on the floor. Considering check out is 12 noon this banging seemed disrespectful for those of us who checked in late in the evening and needed their sleep. Also, the walls were so thin that the people in the adjacent room was on the phone very loudly all night.
1 night trip Nov 22, 2012
"Good price, Good stay"
It had been quite a nice stay for three days in this hotel. The hotel mgmt are kind enough to extend the stay by one day for a very good price. It is quite next to the I-71 and in a serene location. Overall it is a nice stay.
2 night trip Oct 13, 2012
"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"
The room was fairly clean. No one is ever at the front desk, you have to stand there and wait till they come. small breakfast bar was ok. better than nothing. you get what you pay for at this fairly inexpensive hotel.
1 night trip Oct 8, 2012
T Watson
"A very good hotel at a very good price."
I spent the previous weekend in a Crowne Plaza in Ventura. If these two hotels were side by side, I would choose the Super 8. The Crowne Plaza was fancier, but everything worked in the Super 8, everything was clean, the bed was more comfortable, and the staff was easier to work with. Along with the Super 8 being 1/4 of the price of the Crowne Plaza. This is my second stay at this Super 8, and I intend to stay there in future visits. If you're looking for a resort, this isn't it, but if you're looking for a comfortable, clean room for the night, a space to catch up on work, and a reasonable breakfast in the morning, this is a good choice.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
It was comfortable.
Other trip Oct 4, 2012
"Very clean, good value"
This was a very clean hotel. Our room unfortunately had an odd odor to it. It wasn't a dirty unclean odor just odd. We left the window open and the air on . That seemed to help. The breakfast was adequate. The staff were pleasant. Only one pillow per person though. This was very inexpensive and a decent value for what we needed.
Other trip Sep 3, 2012
Mom

"Great for an overnighter, and cost effective"
Older motel, first views from the street made us question our decision. However once inside, it was very good for the price. Many renovations, and very clean.
1 night romance trip May 18, 2015
"One night only. Time required for personal event."
Main lobby did not reflect the good and comfortable room. Bed was the best and bathroom was fair. Did not use breakfast facility. Eat out for more choices.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"Why?"
Room was old and just dingy
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Close to Rte. 71. A good place for a nights sleep."
If you need a nights stay it is just off 71 on 18. Room was clean and continental breakfast was OK. Staff were pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Charlie
"Everything was great!"
This place was great. Clean rooms, Internet was quick, breakfast included, many TV channels. I enjoyed my stay there. Would come back.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Stevie B
"Dirty, smelly and run by amateurs"
Carpet throughout the hotel is dirty to the point of being black. The room smells like the rest area of a truck stop. The odor is a mixture of diesel fuel, grease and oil plus dirty unwashed clothing. I was surprised to see that your "coon dog" could stay with for an extra $10. The towels are the size of Kleenex and the two pillows the size of chicklets. What was really amazing was checking out at 5:30 am only to find the clerk asleep in a recliner located in the front lobby. Better yet, she did not even get up when I left. This is one of the poorest hotels I have seen in a long time. The adage "you get what you pay for" does not apply here because even a free room would be dreadful.
Other trip Mar 23, 2013
Krusty

"Bon emplacement pour poursuivre vers Chicago"
L'accueil est un peu froid, mais à part ça la chambre était propre et grande pour 4, et un bon petit dejeuner avant de prendre la route. Bref hôtel conseillé pour un escale d'une ou 2 nuits.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2013
1 night trip Dec 14, 2012
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Super 8 Medina

"Clean, comfortable, safe stay"
08/30/15 John L Midland
We stayed teo nights here and enjoyed ourselves. We asked for extra pilows and front desk clerk was very prompt in getting them for us. Room was quiet, clean, comfortable. The hotel is close to the interstate and minutes from Akron.
"Small Super 8 with average service"
08/30/15 ashpur7 Le Roy, New York
The room and the service were average. Nothing really stands out about this place. However, I received good service at the complimentary breakfast, although at first I did not realize that the person was a staff member. I would recommend more recognizable uniforms or something for the staff. The desk person seemed confused when I was checking in which made me nervous, but the check in and check out were quick and efficient.
"It was OK"
08/26/15 anonymousN9815IH The Midwest
THE PLUSES: It was fairly hot, so the well-functioning air conditioning was appreciated. The room was basic but had a coffee pot, microwave and fridge. I did not go to the breakfast that was provided so cannot comment on that. There is a widely bowed shower curtain to give you more room in the shower. THE MINUSES: My reservation was made for a ground-level room; this was not going to be honored when I checked in. I was then given a different room type on the ground level, for which I was going to be charged more. (The place was far from full; no explanation was given.) Ultimately they honored the price I had booked in for. No directions to the WiFi were given in the room. The TV (kind of small screen) quit working, stating the signal had been lost; it did not return the remainder of the evening, no matter what I tried with the room remote. There were heavy cobwebs in the room corners and around the edge of the bed. There was only a light bedspread on the bed; for as cool as the room was when I checked in, it wasn't enough to keep me warm so I slept in my clothes. I asked to have the sheets changed the next day, but when I pulled the bedspread back, the 'body impression' was still there and the pillows certainly did not look like the cases had been changed. Towels are small and thin. The room lighting seemed dim and automatically turns off (including the bathroom lighting), except for the light by the microwave and perhaps the one by the bed. I was contemplating bringing two kittens. It does not say online what this property's requirements are regarding pets, so I called in advance to see. I was told it was $10 a day. I decided against it for other reasons; however, when I arrived, there was a hand-lettered sign at the desk that said there was a charge of $10 a day PER PET. I would have been very angry to have been charged an additional $100 for a 5 day stay in order to have two small kittens with me who would have been confined to a pet enclosure for the duration of our stay because most motel rooms are too dirty and have too much debris on the floor to let pets be loose in them. I can guarantee that PEOPLE do more damage to the rooms than my kittens would have, especially since I keep them confined.
"Good clean cheap place to stay"
08/25/15 691zacharym Voorhees, New Jersey
I stayed here on a road trip. Me and my girl crashed here after an 8 hour drive. It was fine except they had no elevator. This matters if your lady has a big suitcase and you're on the second floor. Otherwise, a good experiance for cheap travelers. Nice TV selection too.
"Louieville Trip"
08/24/15 leonj129 McEwen, Tennessee
Musty smell in hall Guest room Floor looked dirty Bed was lumpy Smelled smoke in room from outside
"Convenient location"
08/20/15 fancydancer33
I stayed here twice in a week. Both visits were while on the road to and from Illinois. The location is great! It's right off the I71. The room comes with a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker which were much appreciated. The continental breakfast had the usual items. The WiFi was very strong...best I have seen in a hotel so far. The staff were pleasant. I did have minor issues though. During the first stay...in the morning I went to make coffee and found that the pot hadn't been cleaned since the last person. The lady at the desk apologized. Also, during the first stay I found that the telephone wasn't working (broken wire) the lady at the desk found another one to replace it. During the second stay, half the lights didn't work (I had the same room both times). I was too tired from driving to care much...but I found it odd. I also noticed a red stain on a towel (looked like nail polish that didn't come out). The laundry person must have missed it. Even with those few little issues I am still giving this place 4/5 stars. The good far out weighs the not so good. I expect to be in the area next spring and will definitely stay here again. Sometimes little issues aren't the management's fault...and I have learned to overlook minor things.
"Good value for the price."
08/18/15 Rachael C
I am giving this hotel a 3 because a pillow case in our room had mascara on it, making me wonder if the pillow case was changed. My husband inspected the sheets and determined they were clean. I was also put off by the staff smoking right outside the front door complaining about thier job. The hair dryer in our room did not work. There was the typical Wynn Hotel breakfast which I always enjoy. The bed was comfy. Beautiful landscaping outside.
"Good Value"
08/17/15 Drew S
I am finding that the Super 8 chain of motels is a good value and pet friendly. This location had friendly staff, green space behind the hotel to walk my dogs and a few restaurants with ing walking distance. Although there was no dedicated trailer parking the lot is fairly big and I had no trouble finding a spot for my van and trailer. I recommend this Super 8.
"Dont bother"
08/12/15 MomSharon South Carolina
my kids and i wanted to get a cheap place to stay it is 50.00 for the night it is Dirty it is as my kids say Looked like a prison . There are BUGS the beds are from 1950 hard as a rock The staff was very nice but we felt scared and departed as soon as we saw the room . I do not recomend this place if you are looking for quite comfort and a safe place for your kids . It is OUT !! Never again !!
"Good hotel for the money"
08/11/15 Jcotton5
I was not disappointed with my stay and would say this Super 8 was a good value. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast was nothing to brag about, but was still good. Wifi connection was strong and speed was good. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again if I were in the area.