All hotels in Boise, Idaho, United States of America

Good internet service
  • Bar and Beverages
    Standard bar
    Poor vibe
I wish I had looked on yelp before I booked this place for a 2-night stay. I booked through expedia, which listed the hotel as having 3 stars. I would say that it is a solid 2-star hotel. The room didn't strike me as being very clean. There were cobwebs in the doorway, and the room smelled stale and musty. I turned on the AC to freshen up the air in the room, but the AC is ancient, and it doesn't really do much of anything. I did not know that you can open the windows until about 3 am on the second night. That would have been useful info to have. The rooms are far from sound proof. Every time someone on the same hall closes the door to their room it sounds like it's being slammed right next to you. I couldn't fall asleep the second night because I could hear the people in the room next to me talking and giggling the whole night. There were some positives about my stay. First of all, they are very dog-friendly. That goes a long way towards making up for some of the negatives. They've made a nice, large grassy area available in a section of the parking lot, which even has poop bags. The woman at reception was really great. I arrived well before the normal check-in time, but she managed to find me a room that was available early in the day. There is a lot of free parking, and the location is fairly close to downtown. That about sums it up. It wasn't a 3-star experience as stated on expedia, but I've definitely stayed in worse hotels.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"Comfy bed, bar restaurant"
The bed was the best that I have slept on in a hotel. The restaurant doesn't allow children in it though because it is also a bar so that was a draw back since I was traveling with my baby and they only have one table set up just outside of the area. I feel as though they should have a family friendly eating area because It gave me the impression that children were not very welcome in this hotel. The food was very good also and the staff was very friendly.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Kristen
"Worth it!! Good place to stay!"
Check-in and out was easy. Room was clean and nice as expected. Staff was very courteous. Close to downtown Boise but shuttle bus offered to take us the 8-10 blocks and pick up when done. Great! I'd stay again!
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Convenient"
Very close (easy walking distance) to the unique shops and restaurants near the Capitol and wonderfully close to the reason we were in Boise. Family were literally a few blocks from our room.
"Boise Business"
I especially enjoyed the service the hotel van provided me to and from the state capitol where my business took place.
3 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"Pleasant"
We enjoyed or stay. It was very relaxed. The setting and amenities were excellent.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Thought it was an upscale hotel. Was disappointed"
Staff-friendly, Bed-clean and comfortable, but bathroom needed some renovations. The shower curtain did not stop the water from coming out all over the floor. Nozzle hard to pull out in order to hold the water to bath. Grout missing in spots between a couple tiles. Obviously water was getting behind the wall. Tile missing on the baseboard. Toilet had not been thoroughly cleaned. When told hotel staff, they offered to buy our breakfast. We had eaten. Asked for partial refund. Were told because we had booked through Expedia, they could not refund some of the money.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Robyn
"Mediocre at best!"
Bed was great! Hotel stinked, literally.
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Tina
"nice hotel but dangerous part of town"
it was an okay hotel. will stay somewhere else next time.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Nice room nice hotel"
Great staff
2 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
gale
"Boise visit"
The hotel met our needs. It was close to downtown, lots of parking with food and a lounge.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a positive review and recommending our hotels to others! We appreciate that very much! Ken Kester General Manager
2 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2015
carol
"Boise weekend with friends"
Nice, quiet, clean facility. A little further outside the downtown core than I thought when I booked it. Amenities and desk staff were good; bar service was just okay. This was just a weekend get-away to visit friends in Boise so we spent little time at the hotel. All in all, a good value.
2 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2015
"OLD AND TIRED AND NOT WORTH $107 PER NIGHT"
Hotel was old, tired, doors were falling apart, carpet dirty, just poor state of repair. The bath door in my room 102 was delaminating badly. No breakfast as with most in this price range. Not at all like the other Red Lions I have stayed at.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner
I am truly sorry that you had a less than perfect stay. I have shared your concerns with our Housekeeping Manager and Chief Engineer. Ken Kester General Manager
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
james
"Would not stay here again."
Front desk staff not very friendly and seemed put out to answer questions. The room was not quiet at all and we could hear everything in the room next door.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Sandy
"cozy stay..."
A fun relaxing stay for my boyfriend and I. Some negatives were The window had no screen... that's kinda weird, therefore the bugs can come in. Secondly, the two on site restaurants needs no discounts or specials for hotel guests. However the the negative there was much more positive. Good place to stay but for the money there are better places.... but overall not terrible. A gay bar across the Street and downtown a few minutes down makes it a fun night life scene
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
Greg
"great place"
The room was very comfortable and the hotel employees were very helpful and accomodating.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Rooms were nice and clean had dinner it was very good. Went to lounge with friends bar tender was not friendly at all think that area really needs some help.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Boise Red.lion"
Convenient location down town. Would stay again.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Nice stay, good room. Location was central to my meeting. Staff and housekeeping were efficient.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Meh."
This hotel is in an odd area of town. It seems run down and industrial. The hotel is older and has had a few facelifts. The decor is nice and the rooms are clean, but there is an old humid "grandma's basement" kind of a smell that is pervasive in the hallways. The staff was very cordial.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Excellent facility had very poor service in restaurant and lounge
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Andy
"Good hotel close to downtown, great value"
I read other visitors' reviews, and was a little wary given complaints about hotel age and condition. But I found these to be unwarranted. My room on the 3rd floor of the 3-story wing was very good, clean, fashionable looking linens. Bath was spacious and clean, nice big sunflower shower head. Was a great value, and I'll probably stay there again over the next few years if my student chooses to attend the university in town.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"relaxing visit"
staff very friendly and helpful and the shuttle drivers were great
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
Terry
"Hotel is located in a great spot!"
This hotel is located in downtown Boise which is close to many great bars and entertainment facilities. The staff is amazing! So friendly and goes out of their way to make your stay perfect. The shuttle driver accommodated our many needs (just give him 10 minute notice) and was just wonderful. The restaurant and bar are great places to eat and staff is awesome there as well.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
kittykattlover
"Not so good in Boise"
Hotel had no hot water Hotel was has deteriorated quite a bit and needs to be upgraded
Response by Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on our property and your time with us. We value the input of all of our guests. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. I’m sorry for the lack of hot water during your stay. We had a boiler fail on us during the middle of the night. The boiler was repaired at approximately 8AM and we had hot water again at approximately 10AM. I hope you informed our front office staff of the issue. They should have tried to make the issue right with you before your departure. Once again I apologize for the issues during your stay Ken Kester General Manager
2 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
Patrick
"Nice hotel adjacent to downtown"
We always are satisfied at this Red Lion. Up to date room furnishings that are comfortable and clean. A short walk to downtown and short drive to BSU or shopping mall. Only negative this stay was a burnt out lightbulb over the vanity.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Dean
"Good bargain. Needs upgrades."
Front desk wasn't rude but wasn't overly nice. Hotel desperately needs an upgrade. The bed is really nice. Had a good stay for the price.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2014
Bryan
Staff was great except for the last day girl at the front desk was just rude. Prior days the staff was just wonderful.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Overal OK but in need of reno."
It had rained most of our stay and there were several leaks in roof. There was a spot on the roof where leaking had occurred and mold had formed. Hotel is in need of renovation.
5 night family trip Dec 17, 2014
"Close to downtown"
The hotel is nice, and close to downtown. It is an old hotel but they have made upgrades to the room. The carpet is very outdated and there are lots of noises in the hotel like noisy ice and vending machines in the halls. Overall I would recommend. For the price, it was exactly what we needed. We stayed with a 1 yr old and there was enough room for a pack n play and for him to run around.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Jeanette
"A motel that is made to order your every need!"
My daughter and I met in Boise. She lives in Washington and me in Wyoming. She stayed at Red Lion before so I decided to try it and appreciated the offer to cater to pet lovers! I had to bring my dog. She is well behaved and I appreciated how they welcomed her from the very beginning when I checked in. The room was on the 1st floor and perfect! We had the opportunity to take her out the back door without disturbing anyone. There was a spot where we could cleanup after her with bags to clean up after her. This maybe sounds insignificant but to me as a dog lover who doesn't want to impede on a non-doglover, Red Lion catered to my needs. The outdoor hot tub was an added enjoyment. We stayed for 3 nights and they took care to make sure our needs were met through housekeeping, again a plus when you are having an extended stay. All of the staff was awesome and the free breakfast was great! Even the waitress was on top of our every need. The location was perfect, next to the mall and river. Shop and go for a beautiful walk. I suggest this to anyone who has a need for a taste of Boise hospitality!!
3 night family trip Nov 19, 2014
Jerie
"Good location with ease of access to connector."
I have stayed here a few other times. The customer service at the front desk was better the last few times, but this time could have been less rude. Yet, I plan to stay here again in the future.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Horseloversmily
"Snowmobile Expo weekend"
We were here for a weekend function. So basically it was just a place to sleep. Rooms are small, breakfast was not the greatest. Service desk was great to work with.
2 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
"One of the nicer Red Lions I've stayed in"
Good location, comfortable bed.
2 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
L Jane
"Confidently located."
The hotel was nice and clean. The breakfast was pretty good. The staff was nice. It has a nice downtown location. Close to fun area of Boise.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
"The Center of the city"
always enjoy staying here...
1 night romance trip Nov 12, 2014
"Had a great stay."
I had a great time during the stay. Downtown was well within walking distance. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room itself was comfortable and very clean. Breakfast was super. The variety was just right.
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
Our room was larger than some places we've stayed - so very pleasant. There were two sinks, making getting ready very convenient: one inside the bathroom and one outside. The buffet breakfast was so good we invited our friends to join us. We would definitely stay again.
3 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
"One night in Boise"
The location is good but the building is "tired". Musty "hotel smell" and stuffy air.
1 night trip Oct 29, 2014
"Needs a little face lift"
We have stayed here for years but it seems with every stay, the place is getting darker, dingier and moldier every time. The bathroom was simply moldy. Mold on the ceiling and on the shower curtain. Yucky.
2 night romance trip Oct 28, 2014
Kathleen
"Pro reviewer"
My stay was ballin' out the gym.
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2014
Herbert
"Boise"
Absolutely loved the free bicycle rental! What a great service to provide so your guests can get full use of the Greenbelt.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Rebecca
good stay. will stay here again when in Idaho. bye for now.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Weekend in Boise"
Loved the room! The beds & pillows were so comfy!! (Only negative is they use double beds which are way too small when most people these days are used to queen or king size. )I would recommend this hotel!!!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
I enjoyed the hotel. The staff was fantastic. The food was really bad. Upgrading the menu would really turn that place around.
2 night trip Oct 12, 2014
"Beware"
Stains on my sheets, no batteries in my remote control, no shuttle service available to downtown areas,house keeping took my colleagues things saying they "thought they checked out" then couldn't find his things, in a bad neighborhood, understaffed in bar and restaurant, and on... and on...
3 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
Gabe
We came to Boise for a wedding and wanted to stay closer to down town. This hotel was just outside of it. The room was comfortable and clean, the bed was amazing!! Would give all stars except the elevator was down while we were there, other than that we would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Nicole
"Good amenities, price was nice, but..."
It is nice to have a one-stop shop (food, adult beverage, lots of t.v.'s in bar, nice gym), but it is an older Hotel, therefore the elevator was being worked on, loud, maybe because the walls were thin or just because the college kids were having a party.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
Bruce
I stayed with my dog. The front desk people were incredible. The rooms were great.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Not so close to core of downtown"
A bit of a hike to get to main parts of city, but this older hotel is clean, quite & friendly,
Other trip Sep 14, 2014