All hotels in Walker, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here358 River Ridge Dr, Walker, MI, 49544, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

Excellent
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"YUPPPP!!!!"
Loved everything about this hotel. Newspapers were where they should have been, breakfast VERY clean and organized, and right by a mall!!!!
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"Good, clean hotel."
We were in Grand Rapids briefly for a funeral, and this hotel met our needs very well. The rooms were very clean, and the lobby attendants were friendly. The wifi was dependable (even when streaming a movie), and the breakfast included hot items like scrambled eggs, make-your-own pancakes, and Chobani yogurt. The hotel is easily accessible from downtown Grand Rapids. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
"The showers rock"
It was just a quick night, but easy check-in. Comfortable beds. Awesome showers
1 night trip with friends Jan 18, 2015
"EXCELLENT"
Went to meet our new grandbaby and wanted to be close by so we picked this hotel because the location was perfect for us. We were pleasantly surprised when the hotel staff was one of the friendliest I've come across and the hotel exceptionally clean. While we were there, the weather was typical Michigan - lake effect snow storm and to our surprise...the staff had shoveled paths around all the vehicles. Now that's service. I cannot say one bad thing about the people, the facility, food, etc. We will definitely by using them again!
2 night family trip Jan 7, 2015
Monica
"great for family"
Great for a family stay. The pool was warm and clean. Also nice having the pool in the basement so you don't need to worry about the kids keeping people up.
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Great hotel, outstanding customer service"
I recently stayed at this hotel during a snow storm, when I was unable to drive home to southwest Michigan. I booked my room at the last minute, but my preferences were still met, and the accomodations were excellent. I didn't have my phone charger with me, and the front desk was able to loan me one for the night, and also schedule a wake-up call. The room was modern and clean, including a ipod/iphone dock alarm clock, multiple pillow options, and an updated bathroom. The highlight of my stay was walking out to my car in the morning to find that someone had literally shoveled a path around my car and the others in the parking lot, since we got at least 6-12 inches of snow overnight.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"great staff"
staff was very helpful
2 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
"Great Hotel!"
A local hotel for us but need to stay in the city to "drive" girls around the town for a bachelorette party. Front desk was friendly. Quiet neighborhood and hotel in excellent condition. Wish I could find this at all Holiday Inn Express.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Above and beyond expectation/Thanks Nichole."
This stay at the Holiday Inn hotel north of Grand Rapids was terrific or even better! I loved the location tucked in off the main road and yet convenient to shopping and restaurants. I specifically want to compliment Miss Nichole Miller who was the representative at the front desk when we checked in and throughout the first night. My daughter was car sick for the last part of our trip. As we arrived at the hotel she felt the need to get sick which unfortunately happened right in front of the hotel. Feeling bad about this I told Nichole what happened and that I needed something to clean it up. She would have nothing to do with that plan and graciously cleaned the area without reservation. This goes beyond customer care, Holiday Inn should value this young ladies commitment to customer service. Her desire to make our stay amazingly comfortable went above and beyond normal expectations. Please make sure Holiday Inn management at this location see this review. If you are unable to send this to the specific hotel please let me know as I am so moved by her performance I will want to submit a complimentary comment to the hotel myself. Tha
2 night business trip Oct 31, 2014
Bev
"convenient and comfortable"
Comfortable in a decent part of town for getting around. Great shower head.
2 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Great Value and Service!"
Wondeeful stay - we will be back!
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"very nice"
hotel employees were all very hospitable
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
renee
Needed to stay within a short distance of the down town without the down town hassels. Seven easy drive minutes from the downtown.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"Labor Day Weekend"
Close to downtown (about 10 minutes) Breakfast included - (but get there early because there was quite a crowd- probably due to the holiday weekend). Great hot and cold food selection. Comfortable room and pillows. Room had a mini fridge which was a pleasant surprise. Modern style room/bathroom. Very clean.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Zoe
"Holiday Inn Express - Walker MI"
This hotel was exceptionally clean - staff very friendly and knowledgable about the area - able to use the computer and printer for business - free wifi - and very nice breakfast buffet - will stay again when in the area. Thanks!
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Slight problem with the fire alarm first thing in the morning ... But very nice hotel.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
The manager was very nice and helpful. Price a little higher than others in area.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
The hotel was very nice and the staff was very accommodating.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Great place to stay!"
The whole stay was great! The hotel was very clean and neat, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the location was perfect. It was located away from the main street so it was quiet, but it was within walking distance of pretty much anything u could need for shopping, dining or anything of that type. Would definitely stay again!
1 night trip with friends May 8, 2014
"This was a great hotel"
Stayed here two nights for a "Girls Weekend" with my daughter and two grand daughters. The hotel was very helpful and courteous, the room was clean and pleasantly appointed, the pool was perfect and a, supposed, Continental breakfast was included with our stay....it was the most elaborate continental breakfast I've ever seen. We all had a great time and I would highly recommend this hotel.
2 night trip May 1, 2014
Denise
"Very Nice Place"
It costs more than some of the lower end hotels, but the quality and comfort definitely exceeds what I expected.
1 night family trip May 2, 2014
"Outstanding cleanliness and service"
Wonderful visit. Superb, friendly staff throughout. Beautifully maintained, very new building. Great pool + hot tub, open 9 am til 11 pm, with no time restriction on kids: very important for us. A short, 15 minute drive from downtown. Will definitely consider returning for another stay if we decide to visit Grand Rapids again. One of the best hotel experiences in the last 5 years.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Gibbro
"Excellend Facility and Amazing Staff"
I could not have asked for a better hotel!! It was extremely clean and the Double Queen room left enough room for 2 adults and 3 teenagers. The beds were pretty hard, harder than I would prefer but that is a personal preference. The staff was fabulous as well. Friday night we forgot to call for a cot until after 9pm. The cot was up to us in less than 10 minutes. Housekeeping did an amazing job as well. We stayed Friday through Sunday and I normally have to call for something that Housekeeping forgot. Towels and garbage's were handled and they even noticed we had used the replacement toilet paper and left an extra one. The hot breakfast was great also. Service was extremely slow on Sunday morning and the flow of the breakfast counter allowed people to easily "cut" after we had been waiting 10+ minutes for eggs, biscuits and sausage to come out. However, the ladies were very friendly and engaged the group as they worked. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends, family or complete strangers. Fabulous stay!
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Christine
"Wonderful stay for family of four."
Original stay was for two nights. Ended up extending stay by an extra day. Stayed in queen suite. Room was very clean, had plenty of room and comfortable beds. Pool was also very clean and we'll maintained. Front desk staff at check in was extremely friendly. The hotel was in the final stage of renovations so the entire hotel is remodeled. Breakfast in the morning was good. The only complaint is that the Sunday morning breakfast was understaffed for the amount of guests. As a result the breakfast host was not nice and complained about the lack of help around the guests. All other staff members were friendly and welcoming. Definitely reccommend this hotel.
2 night family trip Mar 15, 2014
"My old neighborhood"
Disappointed in they charged 30.00 to my account just in case I had any charges.What kind of policy is that? They already had my card number, but to see it on my banking account taken out without my knowledge. Now I have to wait several days to see if they replaced it. This will be the only time this will happen I will not stay again.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Good location!"
The location of this hotel is great if you don't mind staying a few minutes outside of the city. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping near by. It's easy to access from highway 131. I would book early though, as the rates go extremely high if there is something going on in Grand Rapids, and it is definitely not a $200/night hotel, which is what I had to pay this last stay. The other reason I stay there is because they have a continental breakfast in the mornings. It's nothing special, but better than naught. Rooms are comfortable.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
Niobe
"Close to Delta Plex, but not worth the stay"
We needed to be reassigned to a new room, after checking in, because one of the beds had come off the frame, was impossible to even sit on because the mattress would tip up when we sat down. In our second room, we had to turn off the heater, (in the middle of winter) because it made SO much noise, it kept us awake! The complimentary breakfast was very dissappointing - nothing hot to eat was offered, the eating area was displaced into a basement room not big enough to hold 8 people, and we had to the use the same stairways the construction crew used, which meant that the stairs were covered in dust, dirt, and construction residue and debri. Disgusting!
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
The shower was broken so we had to shower in another room. The thermostat was broken. the room was either too hot or too cold. It was either 78 or 64. I expected a little more than that from a newer Holiday inn.
2 night trip Nov 30, 2013
Things listed as included cost extra $7 an hour to play a Nintendo64! Cold pool, and a very minimal channel selection. My wife and I were dissapointed.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2013
"kick off your shoes"
Nice place to kick off your shoes and relax for the evening. Keeps up with the hotel standards.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2013
"not worth the price"
While it was clean and the service was great, there was no justification for the price I paid. I stayed in a $100 hotel room and paid almost $170 for it. The TV's are not updated, the beds could be much more luxorious and there was no mini-fridge or microwave in my room. Again, I would give this a great rating if the price was much lower, but for what I paid, I expected much more. I will not visit again.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2013
Nice hotel, clean. The bed is really close to the ac/heating unit.
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2013
"not so happy"
It was very noisy we heard everything thatt was going on outside our room i will not be staying there again and wouldnt recommend it to anyone I know
1 night business trip May 25, 2013
sandy
"Welcome sight at the end of a very long day!"
Exactly what we have come to expect from HI Express, which is why we are faithful customers.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
"Comfortable hotel near our destination."
Our son's graduation was the following morning at 9:00 AM, so we needed a place to stay that was relatively close. The hotel was convenient to our destination. The morning breakfast was outstanding, as we would not have had time to stop, so it was very convenient.
Other trip May 12, 2013
Mel
"Laugh Fest"
When we checked in the service desk people were not very nice. I had to be "authorized" for an additional $30.00 hold on my credit card, which I thought was crazy. They (Holiday Inn) already had my credit card in the event there was incidental charges. The staff over all was not pleasant. As for when we checked out the service desk lady was very nice. As for breakfast before we check out, there was not a lot of food out. We got to the breaskfast area before the 10:00 cut off time. In my opion, food should be plentiful and available up until 10:00. After that time, stop putting food out. After I said something the staff put out more food but not before a fuss.
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2013
"Overnight stay"
Stayed there after going to see a comedy act at Grand Rapids Community College. Room was way larger than expected. Comfortable and clean
1 night trip Mar 9, 2013
Jill
"Good Value for your money"
Easy to get to from expressway, lots of resturants, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Check in was prompt with our room being ready even though we arrived early.
1 night trip Feb 23, 2013
Cookster
Booked online ahead for a great deal! reserved a whirlpool king room for a night after a long day and concert. Whirlpool was a great size and clean. Room and hotel was clean. Typical breakfast. Front desk staff was very very friendly and kind.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2013
"Good place for a nights rest"
About the only negative I can say about this hotel is the lack of tv channels. Also you have to pay a large amount for music stations on the tv. Tried to use the clock radio but it wasn't loud enough to listen to.
1 night trip Feb 10, 2013
"Pleasantly surprised"
Very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel & specifically my room -- bed was a little soft for my liking, but I didn't mind since my stay was only 1 night; hotel staff and service was excellent; did not take advantage of any amenities other than breakfast, which was very good, fresh & plentiful; there appeared to be plenty of options for food and shopping in the surrounding area but did not explore either of these given my time constraints. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2013
"ZBB Concert"
Great place to stay staff was helpful. Breakfest was good. A $15.00 cab ride away from Downtown GR. Easy on and off I-96.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2012
"Paid Extra for Refrigerator"
Don't get me wrong, this is a nice property and convenient to downtown GR. We traveled with a baby and needed a fridge. Fortunately, they had one for a $10 fee. Otherwise, good stay.
1 night family trip Nov 9, 2012
Lynne
"Loud and board under mattress"
We were kept up by all the sports families on our floor. We called the front desk and were assured they would take care of it but nothing changed. Also found a board under an uncomfortable bed. Wouldn't stay again.
2 night family trip Nov 2, 2012
Jill
"Super-friendly staff"
We arrived at 3pm and our room was not going to be ready for 45 minutes. We had done a lot of traveling and I was a little mad, I never understand why they can't just give us another room. The front desk clerk was so apologetic and friendly that I couldn't even get mad at her. The room was pretty big, but we would have like a mini fridge and a flat screen TV. The movies were way too pricey - $15. We stayed here for one night before the Grand Rapids Marathon - it was a relatively short drive to the race start and had lots of food and shopping nearby. We were able to get a free late check-out, but only because I am a priority club member.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2012
J.S.
"We will come again."
We were extremely pleased with the hotel and the service.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
Our room was very loud from 1am to 4am called the front desk several times to tell them. don't stay on the weekends if you want any sleep
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
Todd
it was a wonderful stay,. breakfast was beautiful. i will recemend it to all . desk staff very frendly as well as kitchen staff. thanks
3 night trip Sep 13, 2012
"1-night family stay"
The room was spacious and clean. We had a King Suite. The pool was warm. The only complaint was breakfast. Everything tasted like plastic and the attendant was VERY SLOW and didn't keep things stocked. She needed help. Everyone ate with a spoon because she wouldn't get forks.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2012