All hotels in Walker, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here358 River Ridge Dr, Walker, MI, 49544, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Not worth the money"
We were given the wrong room upon arrival - and for the money spent on this hotel, it wasn't satisfactory. The room was dimly lit, no conveniences like: in room microwave or refrigerator. The bed was nice but I plucked several of the housekeeper's hair out of the bed before laying in it. Breakfast was horrible.
Other trip Jun 25, 2012
KL
"Close to Fifth Third Ballpark"
Overall a very good one night stay. Was disappointed that our room had an old standard definition TV with only about 10 channels & a loud AC/Fan Unit but the Room was very clean, Bed was comfortable & my Kids had fun in the Pool. Would definately stay again.
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2012
Mike S

"Wonder Anniversary in Grand Rapids"
My husband and I came to Grand Rapids for our 2nd Anniversary and we had an amazing time! The Hotel was clean, staff was very friendly and the breakfast in the morning was lovely. The only thing that I didnt like was the elevator. It was quite shaky and pretty scary to ride so we took the stairs the majority of the time. Wasnt too bad as there are only 3 floors. :) Overall we had a wonderful time and would stay there again if we come to GR again.
3 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Hotel is great, not far away from downtown Grand Rapids (just about 10 min by car), rooms are huge, very modern, very clean. Staff always greet you with a smile. I would definitely recommend
2 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
Javier
"March Break Getaway"
We came to Grand Rapids back in November, and when choosing our hotel for March Break (Canadian March Break) we decided to come back. We picked this hotel as it was convenient to everything, and also had a wonderful pool. Lots of restaurants to choose from, and easy shopping choices. The breakfast was perfect, simple and easy....tasty too! You will enjoy your stay at this Holiday Inn....amazing staff, clean and convenient. All reno's are done, and they look beautiful!
4 night family trip Mar 7, 2014
"Great location, good service, and clean"
My only complaint would be the poor quality/condition of the bed mattress.....not very comfortable for a good nights sleep.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2012

"Excelente servicio"
Muy agradable debido a la calidad del servicio.
2 night business trip Oct 29, 2013
1 night romance trip May 28, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids-North

"Travel Agent**Baseball Mom**Recommended"
05/04/15 Tracy W Romulus, Michigan
I am a corporate travel agent who spends many weekends in hotels as part of my job and with family for traveling sports. The entire staff was friendly, accommodating and made sure the needs of their guests were satisfied, including personable front desk hosts, happy breakfast service ladies and the quick, friendly and efficient working housekeepers. Rooms were clean and spacious. The hotel common area was large and provided significant seating to accommdate many guests. The pool area was in an excellent location, off of an outdoor patio, and a viewing room for adults, without having to consume the chlorine and humidity often found in these pool areas. The fitness room was spacious and offered a variety of weights and machines. Location was great, with many dining options immediately available, along with shopping too. The breakfast offered a large variety of hot/cold entrees, including eggs, bacon, turkey sausage, oatmeal, biscuits, sausage gravy, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, pancakes and many beverage options. It opens at 6am on Sat/Sun which is important for any sporting teams who have very early games. I loved the layout of the rooms at the "below" ground level, near the courtyard and pool, very clever for families and big groups with kids, as it allows them easy access to outdoors and swimming, with minimal disruption to "all" hotel guests, minimizing the noise factor, which I clearly understand as a business traveler too. The beds are average and a bit on the firm side, but still better than most. There are a few hotels in this area and this one definitely holds its own!! Kudos to the entire staff and management team!!
"Great for families"
03/25/15 roads4 Fishers, Indiana
Nice hotel with an excellent staff. Large family all stayed in hotel for a wedding. They allowed us to enjoy the restaurant area while we all caught up. Clean rooms with good breakfast service. Again, the staff was very accommodating.
"Staff was very attentive; room was clean; area convenient"
03/15/15 PetalMel Davison, MI
We just returned from a weekend getaway in Grand Rapids. We were in town for the Shrine Circus as guests of the Shrine. We had no problem getting checked into our room although when we originally called we mentioned we were coming with another family and wanted adjoining rooms or rooms next to each other. At the time we booked, we were told our rooms were on the same floor but they could not accommodate us being next to each other. When we checked in we realized that we were on the 2nd floor and the other family was on the 1st. The other family said that when they checked in a few hours before us they were originally given our room but when they inquired and were told our room was on the 1st floor they asked to move to the first floor and were accommodated. Not sure if that was just a miscommunication, but we ended up having to do a lot of walking and lugging things back and forth and up and down stairs. The hotel was sold out each night and there were several youth groups there. One group seemed to have difficulty managing the kids as the pool was packed with kids and no adults. The adults would peek through the pool windows at time but did not provide direct supervision. The kids were not the best behaved, and when we mentioned it to the desk, they indicated that they had spoken with the group. The second night was MUCH better as that group did not used the pool but they did run up and down the halls doing a scavenger hunt. I don't fault the hotel for this---they did their best trying to maintain order and do so in a professional way. The fault, in my opinion, fell to the adults in charge of the group. They appeared to be more interested in the St. Patrick's Day fun than managing their kids. Our room was clean, well appointed, and more than enough room for us and the other family when we wanted to get together for snacks or to socialize. Beds were comfy and even with the rowdiness of the group around us,the noise ceased at 11 each night. I commend staff for addressing the noise effectively. Breakfast was good and the attendant was on top of things and friendly. She had a great rapport with the guests and was very attentive. The food is typical breakfast fare but presented well. The pool area is small but adequate, especially when it isn't over crowded with unsupervised kids. We enjoyed the hot tub and our kids had a great time swimming. We had to call for towels several times and I picked up towels and put them in the hamper each time we were there just to tidy up. I don't believe that the pool area is purposely neglected as the hotel was packed and it was probably low on the priority list. It would have been nice, however, if they would have had someone check on the area throughout the day to take out used towels and bring in new ones. The hotel is convenient to both downtown and several chain restaurants. It is set back in a retail area so shopping for snacks and other things was easy. It is also convenient to the expressway and easy to find.
"Paper Thin Walls"
02/03/15 davidlc3 Dallas, TX
Nice hotel. New. Clean. Great staff. Walls are so thin I can literally hear every word the person in the next word is saying. Not just that Peanuts comics "mwah mwah mwah", I am talking every word. Clearly. It's a shame as it is really a nice hotel otherwise.
"Beyond wonderful"
12/04/14 middB Jacksonville, Florida
Loved staying here! New, clean, welcoming, and warm. Very well layed out rooms. The staff went above and beyond to meet our needs. We arrived in the wee hours of the morning and didn't make it to breakfast and they kindly offered help, getting cereal and milk out for the kids- especially helpful since it was a holiday with very little open. The only possible minute negative thing I would have to say is that I like to feel my covers on the bed up to my shoulders. The duvet was tucked in at the bottom of the bed, and therefore came up a bit short for my liking.
"Amazing service, comfortable rooms"
11/30/14 LivelyLaura Platteville, Wisconsin
We checked in about 1 am in the midst of a long holiday weekend drive. The front desk person was amazingly nice and helpful. I missed her name because of road brain fog, but she was absolutely wonderful. Even looked up the weather for our trip the next day while we unloaded the car. The room was extremely well appointed, clean, and comfortable. And very quiet. One of the true highlights was breakfast. It is a great hot breakfast of its type with many choices both hot and cold, and all very tasty. The best part, though, was Brittany. She was kind and helpful and positive (though not annoyingly so.) She greeted everyone, was patient with unruly kids, and made it very easy for me to take some breakfast up to my sleepy partner with to go bags and little boxes for the cinnamon rolls. She is an exceptional employee. I highly recommend this hotel.
"The service was beyond extraordinary!"
11/27/14 Joelwmssr
Nicole is the best concierge/desk clerk/staff that we have ever experienced on our hotel stays in any city. She went out of her way to make sure that we were satisfied with every aspect of our stay here at Holiday Inn Grabd Rapids North! In a word, Nicole is AWESOME!. She is definetly management material!
"Nice hotel. Good location. Very loud rooms."
11/14/14 youcan2 Lawrenceville, GA
The hotel is one of the nicer Holiday Inn Express hotels I have stayed at. The staff did an excellent job. The fitness center is well equipped, but the room was too cold. I asked the front desk to address this, but they did nothing. The rooms are adequate with comfortable beds. The sound proofing in the rooms is not so good. I could here every word my neighbors said. The breakfast was adequate. The nightly rate for the hotel was very good at $82 per night.
"Most professional and helpful front desk"
11/14/14 Bob G
My crew and I showed up to the Holiday Inn Express a day early. Nicole and Katie found us a room for 2 days that would fit 3 guys even know they where booked with a wedding and sporting events. Nicole and Katie where so helpful and friendly during the whole check in even when the front desk got busy with other customers. The girls bent over backwards for us to make sure we where well taken care of. My crew and I will be staying there at least twice a month now. It is very hard to find good employees now a days that would have done what Nicole and Katie did for me and my crew. The room was perfect and the shower was clean with great water pressure. I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express to anyone that is going to stay there.
"Exactly as expected"
11/11/14 Mark T Petoskey, Michigan, United States
Good Water Pressure in the shower, all drains worked. King Bed was comfortable and the best part of a HIE breakfast is the cinnamon rolls! Climate Control was one of the better ones where you can run the fan on constant for a little bit of background noise when sleeping. Lots of shopping right near by.