All hotels in Walker, Michigan, United States of America

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great pool
"not so happy"
It was very noisy we heard everything thatt was going on outside our room i will not be staying there again and wouldnt recommend it to anyone I know
1 night business trip May 25, 2013
sandy
"Welcome sight at the end of a very long day!"
Exactly what we have come to expect from HI Express, which is why we are faithful customers.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
"Comfortable hotel near our destination."
Our son's graduation was the following morning at 9:00 AM, so we needed a place to stay that was relatively close. The hotel was convenient to our destination. The morning breakfast was outstanding, as we would not have had time to stop, so it was very convenient.
Other trip May 12, 2013
Mel
"Laugh Fest"
When we checked in the service desk people were not very nice. I had to be "authorized" for an additional $30.00 hold on my credit card, which I thought was crazy. They (Holiday Inn) already had my credit card in the event there was incidental charges. The staff over all was not pleasant. As for when we checked out the service desk lady was very nice. As for breakfast before we check out, there was not a lot of food out. We got to the breaskfast area before the 10:00 cut off time. In my opion, food should be plentiful and available up until 10:00. After that time, stop putting food out. After I said something the staff put out more food but not before a fuss.
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2013
"Overnight stay"
Stayed there after going to see a comedy act at Grand Rapids Community College. Room was way larger than expected. Comfortable and clean
1 night trip Mar 9, 2013
Jill
"Good Value for your money"
Easy to get to from expressway, lots of resturants, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Check in was prompt with our room being ready even though we arrived early.
1 night trip Feb 23, 2013
Cookster
Booked online ahead for a great deal! reserved a whirlpool king room for a night after a long day and concert. Whirlpool was a great size and clean. Room and hotel was clean. Typical breakfast. Front desk staff was very very friendly and kind.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2013
"Good place for a nights rest"
About the only negative I can say about this hotel is the lack of tv channels. Also you have to pay a large amount for music stations on the tv. Tried to use the clock radio but it wasn't loud enough to listen to.
1 night trip Feb 10, 2013
"Pleasantly surprised"
Very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel & specifically my room -- bed was a little soft for my liking, but I didn't mind since my stay was only 1 night; hotel staff and service was excellent; did not take advantage of any amenities other than breakfast, which was very good, fresh & plentiful; there appeared to be plenty of options for food and shopping in the surrounding area but did not explore either of these given my time constraints. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2013

"Wonder Anniversary in Grand Rapids"
My husband and I came to Grand Rapids for our 2nd Anniversary and we had an amazing time! The Hotel was clean, staff was very friendly and the breakfast in the morning was lovely. The only thing that I didnt like was the elevator. It was quite shaky and pretty scary to ride so we took the stairs the majority of the time. Wasnt too bad as there are only 3 floors. :) Overall we had a wonderful time and would stay there again if we come to GR again.
3 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Hotel is great, not far away from downtown Grand Rapids (just about 10 min by car), rooms are huge, very modern, very clean. Staff always greet you with a smile. I would definitely recommend
2 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
Javier
"March Break Getaway"
We came to Grand Rapids back in November, and when choosing our hotel for March Break (Canadian March Break) we decided to come back. We picked this hotel as it was convenient to everything, and also had a wonderful pool. Lots of restaurants to choose from, and easy shopping choices. The breakfast was perfect, simple and easy....tasty too! You will enjoy your stay at this Holiday Inn....amazing staff, clean and convenient. All reno's are done, and they look beautiful!
4 night family trip Mar 7, 2014

"Nice clean place, close by restaurants"
Pretty quiet area, with plenty of restaurants around,shops around even a cinema that will ease your stay
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids-North
Healthy breakfast options to start off your day are surely beneficial to an enjoyable hotel stay. Thank you for your feedback with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids North!
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
MX
"Excelente servicio"
Muy agradable debido a la calidad del servicio.
2 night business trip Oct 29, 2013
Guadalupe Garcia
MX
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids-North
Thank you very much for the 4 star review of the Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids North! We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay with us!
3 night trip Dec 1, 2015
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids-North
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids North.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
rich
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids-North
Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids North with a four star rating! We hope for a return visit and the opportunity to make it a 5 star experience!
1 night trip with friends Oct 1, 2015
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids-North
Thank you for the five star review at the Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids North!
1 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2015
Allen
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Adam
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids-North
Thank you for your five star review regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids North!
2 night trip Jul 31, 2015
Alex
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids-North
We greatly appreciate the five star review here at the Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids North. Thank you!
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
2 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2013
1 night trip Mar 22, 2013
1 night trip Feb 19, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids-North

"great lighting in the bathroom"
12/23/15 catperson2008 Michigan's West Coast
Stayed two weekend nights for a family Christmas. Have stayed here before, and would stay again. The lighting fixtures in the bathroom were mounted on the sides of the mirror, not at the top, as found in many, if not most, hotel rooms. Side lighting is much better for putting on makeup. This may not be important for some, but it is always a plus for me. The exercise room was clean. We also look for a hotel with, and often use, a hot tub, which this had. All other features (bed, room heat, breakfast, room cleanliness, etc.) were the usual above average.
"Freindly, comfortable hotel"
10/21/15 Williamslow Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Pleasant business visit - The bar is good for informal burger and beer dining with a decent breakfast. There is a good Thai restaurant around 10 mins walk away at the next block. Good pool as well. Would be happy to visit again if back in the area.
"Pleasant Stay"
09/16/15 Vicki0821 Columbus, Ohio
My friends and I stayed one night to attend the Janet Jackson Unbreakable concert and had a very nice, clean, comfortable room. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The hotel was very close to everything, shopping, restaurants, grocery stores and very easy to get to right off od the highway. The beds were very comfortable.
"As expected "
09/11/15 Whitt81
Nothing too wonderful, but no problems at all either. Room was clean and the hotel seems to be less than 10 years old. In an area around several similar hotels. Free parking was nice, but I shock considering its location in the suburbs. I would stay again if price as more important than being downtown.
"Clean and Comfortable Stay"
09/01/15 Jillian G Brooklyn, New York
My boyfriend and I booked a room here for one night in order to be near the beaches on the West side of Michigan (about a 35 minute drive away). The room was fairly priced and about a five minute drive from downtown Grand Rapids. There was a parking lot and parking was not an extra cost. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, with stylish furnishings in the room. In the basement level, there was a pool and hot-tub that was open until 11:00pm. There was also a fitness room, which made for a lovely morning workout. One of the best parts of this stay was the continental breakfast that was offered. There were great options of food and again, the staff were all very friendly. If you are expecting a hotel with any sort of luxurious amenities or unique character, this may not be the option for you. However, this Holiday Inn Express offers clean and comfortable accommodations and met, if not exceeded, my expectations.
"A management that will extort just because it can!"
07/30/15 oaxacawoman Oaxaca
My sister in law reserved a block of rooms in back in January for family members attending a GR reunion in July . When she requested to add a third night, she was told the "whole reservation was changed", and my husband and I had to pay an additional $50 PER NIGHT because the hotel had raised rates due to the golf tournament in town. When we requested to at least only pay the original rate quoted for the first 2 nights, we were told we were out of luck, and that we had no choice as"every hotel room from here to Kalamazoo was booked". Needless to say, this doesn't make us feel like valued customers, and will certainly never consider staying here again. The room, breakfast, etc. was NOT a good value for the rate we had to pay. The in-room wi-fi advertised worked slowly or not at all.
"Good spot to stay in suburban Grand Rapids"
07/21/15 Gundi Kitchener
We spent two nights at this hotel on the start of our vacation. I would have liked to stay downtown, but due to bookings, that was not an option -- so this hotel was selected for the rates and the reviews. Frankly, it was a pleasant surprise. I'm an Ambassador Gold member, and stay at many properties for business and pleasure. This hotel is the best of the Holiday Inn Express brand. The property is fairly new and is located behind some commercial ventures. This makes it relatively quiet, while still being close to the interstate and only 10 minutes from downtown. We had a room facing south which looked towards the Grand Rapids skyline, making it a very pleasant space. The rooms come with refrigerators, nice bathrooms with lots of towels, all of the usual amenities, an easy chair, desk, etc. and plenty of lighting. The pillows offered are good and varied (my partner and I need different types). Housekeeping was excellent. Bed and bedding were very comfortable and air conditioning did the job well. The free breakfast is the usual for this style of property -- there are eggs, sausage, pancakes, yogurt, etc. Lacking in fresh fruit, but clean and varied enough for the price and purpose. The room is quite bright and looks into a green space so that you don't feel you are in the middle of a parking lot. In all, I would certainly stay here again and would advise the property to others.
"Wonderful weekend "
07/11/15 JuBillionare Cincinnati, Ohio
My husband and I stayed here over the 4th of July weekend. The rooms were really clean and they had a halfway decent breakfast bar. The staff were unintrusive, which I really like. Yet it was obvious they are working hard to make sure the guests have a great experience. It made for a wonderful weekend and will be back.
"Very nice hotel"
07/07/15 David L
Visited the Holiday in express this past weekend. This hotel is very nice. The front staff was great. We were able to check in 2 hours early since we arrived in town early. Everything was clean and looked new. Very well kept property. We will stay here again next time we are in town visiting family.
"HIE Regular"
06/29/15 CalitoNL
We were in town for a one night visit. The location of this hotel was located in an area with plenty of shops and restaurants. It was a quick girls, sports visit, but would return again in the future. Staff was friendly and helpful. Nice, safe location. Thanks for the hospitality