All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
2601 Mason St, San Francisco, CA, 94133, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
  • Value
    Good internet service
    Room is not nice
Great location! Standard King room is small with a ton of wasted space in the bathroom. Don't show up before check-in if you have a car, they charge you $25 even if you're only 1-2 hours early.
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
krystal
"Walking distance is perfect for the Wharf and Pier"
Just what you need if you don't plan on staying in. Comfortable sleeping. Nice tv. Perfect access to stores, restaurants and sites. The parking fee included was appreciated!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
LT
Its a fairly disgusting little place, one star would be a compliment. It does offer free parking, its only plus.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
JAMES J
"Close to The Wharf and the Action"
Excellent staff! The check-in person was so helpful in drawing routes to points of interest on the hotel provided map. They ensured our room, especially the bathroom, was very clean. Also, we were made to feel that we could call on them anytime for any needs. We were so happy to find a good hotel in a prime location even with parking in an expensive city like San Francisco that having such good service from staff was the icing on the cake!
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Aiko
"Old run down, not relaxing"
This hotel cost 300. Per night. Worth about 70.00. Old, run down,steps away from fisherman's warf which was great, but it wasn't relaxing because of the noise level of street performers until about 2 am. There is a 7-11 across the street, which is where homeless people and clearly people on drugs sit and yell down the street all night. The first clue was seeing ear plugs in the bathroom. Also, no breakfast,no air conditioning, so we had to open the door to the balcony so get some air flow, which was a problem because of the noise. The stay would be better if the owner put money into this place. Really disappointed.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Employe was very nice . But this hotel has no AC . For price and location is great
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
Jose
"My stay at the Wharf Inn"
I enjoyed my stay at the Wharf Inn, staff was very friendly and helpful and the Inn is well located. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The only downfall was the noise during the night, our room was a street view room.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Mary-Ann
"Great location but horrible noise problem"
This hotel was in an amazing location close to everything!! The hotel staff was great & very helpful. The room was clean but no a/c! During the day was unbearable to even come into the room. We had to leave the balcony door and window open to get air & to cool off the room & we didn’t feel comfortable doing this except when we were there bc someone could have gotten in our room. This would have been fine at night bc the temp outside was great but the loud noises coming from the homeless fighting, cussing & throwing things at each other across the street all night long & the loud music vibrating our room coming from a car in the hotel parking lot for 1 hour kept us from sleeping the 2 nights we stayed! Finally about 3 am came some peace until about 5:30 am when delivery trucks, garbage trucks & other outside noises woke us back up both nights. We loved San Francisco but will not ever stay at this hotel again bc we couldn’t get any sleep!!
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Close to Fishermans Wharf"
It is an ok hotel, in a nice location. There is no AC, pool, or any kind of breakfast. The ceiling fan was nice, the staff was friendly and it really was a great location for the price.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"San Fran visit"
Location was excellent but noisy (not hotel's fault). Air-conditioner did not work so had to leave balcony door open which was not safest thing to do. Overall, expensive considering quality but SF is not cheap and location is everything.
2 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
Linn
"A Night away"
Pretty cool.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Just check in and park the car. It is the best spot for strolling and sightseeing. You can either walk to Pier39 or Fisherman wharf and,Ghirardelli Square. And if you want to get in town there are cable car and MUNI just within walk. Hotel is comfortable and clean.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
"Decent hotel. Close to wharf."
This is an older hotel, so the elevator, bathrooms are very dated. They have decorated with new furniture so I had a big comfy King size bed and a large screen TV. There are only older showers in the bathroom, no bathtub. There are few amenities; no breakfast or coffee maker in the room, but there is coffee available in the lobby. I was on the back side so it was pretty quiet. I was up early in the morning and could hear the street sweeper. It would probably be a bit noisy on the front side facing the street. The neighborhood feels a bit seedy at night, so I wouldn't go walking around at night.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
"Great location!"
Great location, only 1/2 block from Pier 39 and 3 blocks from cable car's Powell & Mason main station. Big bathroom with nice shower head, adequate room to move around within the room itself. It needs a little updating but everything was clean and comfortable. Would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Lorraine
"San Francisco trip"
This hotel is within walking distance of everything we did in San Francisco.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
"Save money on parking, but sacrifice room quality."
If you do not want to spend any time in your room and have a perfect location at the wharf, then this is where to stay. The rooms are very small and old. The BEST feature is that you do not have to pay $50 per day to park like all the other hotels. There is no AC. Our heater vent was always hot, and the water temp fluctuated while in the shower. Nice, friendly staff.
3 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Avoid this dump"
Way too noisy with drunks fighting outside my room followed by trash and delivery trucks starting at 3am every night.
4 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
My husbend and i stayed one night. The Neighborhood is awesome! at 6:30 am the buses right outside my room were very loud.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
Cristina
"Great location!"
This hotel is close to everything we wanted to do. We parked the car, free parking at this hotel, and walked everywhere. Just a block away from the bay and all it has to offer. Lots of restaurants to choose from. A must tour in San Fran is the Big Red Bus tour, hop on hop off, and its first stop is right across the street! Alcatraz landing, where you pick up your shuttle out to the island is just about a 15 min. walk, beautiful. FYI, if you want to do Alcatraz, get your tickets on line at least a couple weeks ahead. No kidding, they sell out quick. One last note, just because it's California don't think it will be warm. We were there in June and I could have used a sweatshirt and a windbreaker!
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"Lynne"
Great location in a pretty basic hotel for a reasonable price.
1 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
Lynne
"Loud Sauna!"
Room was really warm. We couldn't cool it down. Lots of outside noise. Plenty of space and location is good if you want to be in the thick of the wharf.
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2015
"Clean & comfy beds, Free parking, Great spot!"
We had an early check-in and the gentleman at the front desk seemed a bit grumpy, but turned out to be fairly nice. The rooms were clean, the bed was seriously comfortable and we had no issues with water temperature. We also had a room near the back of the hotel away from traffic and there were no noise issues for us. Also the room had a smart TV which was very nice. The outside of the hotel is dated, but I really enjoyed our room and wish we could've stayed longer! For the price we paid AND free parking, it was great! A very short walk down to Fishermans wharf, so if most of your activities include that area, this spot is a gem. Also, the next day while checking out, the man at the front desk gave us permission to stay parked in the lot while we grabbed something to eat before leaving town! I recommend this spot and would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
J
If you want a soda or snacks you have togo to the 7/11 across the street. Do not do that after dark.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Best location in Fisherman's Wharf-San Fransisco"
Free Parking Included with my stay. I left my car in hotel parking lot and walked to the Fisherman's Wharf. Bed was comforted and cleaned. Recommanded hotel.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
Gi
"Old and noise"
The noise was awful. The walls were so thin you could hear people on the phone. The staff left there carts all over including in front of the elevator. Not even a hair dryer in the room. Not that inexpensive either!
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Awesome!"
Great place to stay! Close to everything!
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Great price, clean room, great location"
Clean room great price, hotel is dated but clean great staff, will stay again the next time in S. F.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
george
"Heart of Fisherman's Wharf. Cheap and clean!"
Can't beat the location and price. Rooms were cozy and clean. Some noise when people walked by, but people seemed generally respectful by keeping quiet. Free parking!
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Pleasantly Surprised"
I was pleasantly surprised about the Wharf Inn. I spent 3 nights earlier in the week in a more expensive hotel in North Beach and though I really liked the hotel and neighborhood in North Beach I more than likely will stay at the Wharf Inn next trip. The Wharf Inn is a little bit old but it's clean and the staff was very nice and now that I know San Francisco more I think it's close enough to North Beach where I normally go when in San Francisco that I'll probably stay here. The cost was quite a bit less than the hotel I normally stay at and free parking was a big bonus here at the Wharf Inn as in North Beach as well as other parts of the city parking is around $30 a night... The neighborhood around the Wharf Inn is not my favorite area as it's become very touristy and a little sketchy but like I mentioned it's close to North Beach(maybe 5 blocks from North Beach) where I hang out...
1 night family trip May 13, 2015
"I left my heart in San Francisco"
We were very pleased with our stay at the Whaft Inn. I requested to have an early check in and the room was ready when I got there. The staff was very friendly. I was pleased with the service. I am glad I requested a room in the back of the building because the corner is very busy. The location of the hotel was very good and close to many restaurants. The hotel could use a new paint coat since it is an old hotel but the room was very comfortable.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Elena
"Convenient"
#1 I was happy to find a nice place with free parking. We weren't familiar with the city and being there only a couple of days I was convenient for walking to Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, Pier 39 and Pier 33 to go to Alcatraz.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Our stay in San Francisco"
The staff was very friendly. Hotel a bit noisey. Can hear all street sounds and babies crying and people snoring from our hotel room.
3 night family trip May 12, 2015
Annette
"comfortable"
excellent location - noisy during the night
7 night family trip May 5, 2015
"Very pleased"
We were able to park car onsite. Tour bus station across the street. We had a nice balcony with view of the Embarcadero and the water. Walking distance to wide range of restaurants, shopping, and siteseeing. We were very happy with our stay.
Other trip May 11, 2015
W
"Horrible experience."
The room was dirty, the floor was sticky, the wall was sticky. There was hair stuck to the wall. The room was not air conditioned. We checked out the next morning and went to another hotel. They would not refund the other two days that we had prepaid. Do not stay at The Wharf Inn.
Other trip May 9, 2015
"Ancient heating and air system"
The heat has to be turned on or off for the entire hotel. If someone's room is too hot, they turn off the heat to everyone. Also, thin walls, so you can hear noise from other rooms. I won't stay there again
3 night romance trip May 3, 2015
"Horrible experience."
The room was dirty. Hair was stuck to the walls, and the floor was sticky. There was no air conditioning. We stayed one night out of the three that we booked and they refused to refund even a portion of the money that was prepaid through Expedia even though they knew we were dissatisfied with the room. Do not waste you money here! Expedia was no help either.
Other trip May 8, 2015
"Very comfrtable hotel in the heart of the bay."
Very comfortable accomodations in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf. Staff were courteous & and friendly, rooms were good, and the free parking is a huge plus (which is great for travelers on a budget. The Holiday Inn which is 2 blocks away charges $50 to park your car per night, on top of what their room rate is). I will definately make the Wharf Inn my go-too hotel when I return to SF.
Other trip May 6, 2015
Duke
"awfull @ the Wharful"
facility needs a complete upgrade, although rooms clean enough, elevator is a scary ride, outside noise is horrendous, delivery trucks all through the night @ the 7-11 store opposite, no A/C $260 a night I would not go back if it was $50 a night !! shame as the location is fantastic
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
"Our new SF getaway!!"
FREE PARKING!!!! The hotel is older but kept up pretty well, not great views and the rooms are small but the location is Great. The staff is Wonderful and VERY helpful. If you need fancy, probably not for you, but if you want something close to the Wharf and Pier 39 and need a place to get a good night's sleep and shower, this is the place...
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Charmain L
"Walking distance to Fisherman's Wharf."
Great location walking distance to Fisherman's Wharf. Parking included. Rooms okay for price.
Other trip May 1, 2015
"Location Location Location...."
Perfect location for Pier activities and a great location for accessing public transportation to get to different parts of the city. Brian Miller at the front desk was so helpful and personable. High end toiletries in the bathroom, smooth sheets, scratchy towels, could have used some a/c. We had a great time and would stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
Roe
"Last Resort, High Cost"
Lots of outside noise & homeless hanging out.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Rudy
"Depends on what you care about most"
The Wharf Inn has a few benefits and a few issues as well. The Good News: Unbeatable location - easy walk to ANY tourist spot - Pier 39, Alcatraz Landing, Fishermans Wharf, Ghiradelli Square, Exploratorium, cable cars, etc. Free Parking - depending on length of stay, can save you hundreds... Nice staff, clean room and decent beds... The Bad News Dated interiors - definitely needs some fresh paint, new furniture and bath fixtures. Crazy water temp fluctuations - will drive you nuts although we did manage to find the "magic spot" on the knob that maintained a consistent temp. No A/C - not a big deal in April, but a consideration for a July/August stay. Overall, I guess it depends on what is most important to you. If location and saving some cash matters most, go for it! If your hotel needs to meet higher comfort standards and has to offer amenities, you may want look elsewhere... I'd recommend it for a 1-2 night stay, maybe for 3 nights.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"Fantastic location!"
The Wharf Inn is more of a motel than a hotel... basic, clean, safe. The location is near to every single thing and there's free parking if you need it. The staff excel at offering directions and suggestions in a very friendly manner. But the lobby is small and has no restroom if you've checked out and need to wait in the lobby for your ride or for whatever reason.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"The Wharf Inn. Go for it!"
We heard the busses every morning. Just something to get used to. Good advice: wear earplugs. Also, there is no a/c and it was hard to sleep in the heat. The ceiling fan did not help at all. Good luck thing was that we were super close to fishermans wharf. The hotel is in a prime location. Would I stay here again? YES
3 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
"horrible"
The pictures provided on your website do NOT represent accurate room and inn accommodations and are on the cutting edge of flat out lying. I couldn't even use my vehicle at night for fear of having my vehicle being double parked because of lack of space. I will never stay there again. Noisy at night. Thanks for nothing.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Eddie
"Location & service can't be beat!"
I stopped here with my sister to spend a day in the city and it was great! The front desk staff were super helpful, giving us ideas on what to do the next morning and helping us with our luggage. This place has free (limited) parking - and they even allowed us to park after we checked out up until check-in time. While the place itself has seen some better days, the location and service can't be beat! They have very comfortable pillows, plenty of seating, and their balcony rooms give you just enough view of the bay to wet your appetite for sight seeing.
1 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
Kirsten
"You get what you pay for"
Hotel was very worn. Needed some pressure washing and fresh paint. Pain to have to go to the front desk each morning to borrow then return hair dryer. Coffee in the lobby was the best in town.
6 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Great Location!"
Just a one-night stay near the Alcatraz ferry departure gate. Comfortable bed and nice guys at the front desk.
1 night romance trip Apr 6, 2015