All hotels in Portland, Maine, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1200 Brighton Ave, Portland, ME, 04102, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.9
    2.7
    2.5
    2.9
"Serviceable motel, good location"
My first room was a disaster, on the noisy road-side and a broken toilet. However there was no problem changing rooms, and the 2nd room was fine: clean, comfortable, quiet. The staff was friendly, the scant breakfast was adequate. I tried to use the pool on a day threatening rain; but they had locked the gate. The pool looked well maintained, however. A nice feature: more than adequate parking and a Denny's next door. For a no-frills motel I found it quite satisfactory.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Ken
"for the price almost OK. bathtub terminally dirty."
otherwise I got what I expected from the price and location.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Room decor was about as ugly as they come, but the hotel was convenient, clean, & well-staffed. I'd stay again.
2 night trip Jun 26, 2014
sarah
"No expectations, happy customer."
I think the reason I really enjoy the hotel was because I had no expectations. Location can't be more perfect. It is located right next to Dennysand very close to supermaket and other stores. The rooms are big and comfortable, not state of the art, no plasma or LCD TV but I wasn't there ro watch TV I was there because it was cheap and I needed a place for a few days to study for an exam.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Pretty Nice"
The staff was amazing, very friendly, and mega courteous. The hotel itself was a tad rundown, but not scary or disgusting. The view from our room was beautiful, there was ample parking, the breakfast was also good. The room was really comfortable, and the bed was beyond words comfortable. Overall, the hotel was nice, and one of the best experiences I've ever had.
3 night trip Jun 19, 2014
Kitty
"Portland Travelodge"
Hotel was shabby, uncomfortable beds, carpet is old & not clean. Linen & Towels were good. Overall not a good experience.
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
"Served it's purpose"
The two lights that operated on the light switch right inside the door were both unplugged. I had to walk across the room to the bed side to turn on a light. A real safety issue as I'm disabled. There's no elevator in the hotel and I felt I should have been given a room on the first floor as the hotel wasn't that crowded. I needed a bed to sleep in and a place to take a shower in the morning and that was provided. When asked for directions, the desk clerk clearly didn't know the facts.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"Not a good hotel"
When I first saw this hotel in person, I thought my GPS was wrong because it does not like anything like the pictures on the website. I believe they must have used a professional photographer for the photos on the website. This is probably one of the dirtiest, most run down hotel I've ever stayed in. The room was dirty, the air conditioner barely worked and the shower drain backed up when I showered.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Old, ugly and over priced."
Driving into the parking lot at the front of the motel was enough to send me looking for my cell phone to call and cancel the reservation. The place is a dump. I tried to cancel but it was too late to get a refund. So I stayed there anyway but I will never go back.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Booked an 'executive queen' room. Ended up with a room containing 1 double bed, no refrigerator and a toilet that flushed when it felt the need. Lesson learned
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2014
"Don't go there"
The staff was rude. At breakfast they gave me a dirty look because I was taking some food to my wife at the room. The room was dirty.
1 night family trip Jun 2, 2014
US traveller
"Convenient and clean."
For a short stay this hotel was convenient, clean, quiet and the staff was very nice. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"...."
i should have just slept in the woods ...
1 night business trip May 30, 2014
"This place was horrible. Very dirty and very gross"
I got there very late at night and almost didn't care about what I found in my room. It was filthy and not clean at all. The bathroom had hair from some one all over it. The toilet was yellow. It was not worth the price and I had to switch motels for my last nights there in Portland.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Tim Paulsen
"1st visit to Maine"
Very affordable, decent bkfst, close to ammenities
Other trip May 26, 2014
For the price and location of my trips purpose it did the trick. If I was spending time with family on vacation it would be subpar. Good for a short business or weekend trip with a few buddies it works.
3 night trip May 16, 2014
"Simple and serves a purpose."
For a budget hotel you won't be spending a lot of time in, the Travelodge serves its purpose. The rooms were in good repair, everything functioned and was clean. The mattresses were comfortable if you enjoy a little firmness, though the pillows left much to be desired. Overall, its not a bad place for the price.
Other trip May 15, 2014
Joel
"Perfect for why I was in portland"
This hotel was perfect for me And my wallet haha.
2 night trip Apr 27, 2014
Marie m
"Location only"
When I arrived at night , the hotel clerk was really nice ! After that it went down hill . I found a dirty pair of socks that were not mine behind the bathroom door :/ . Refrigerator is out dated and was dirty inside. I am a smoker and do live in a home where I don't smoke inside and have stayed at other hotels with smoking allowed, the smell was awful !!! Night stand had old .. not sure what but needed cleaning and the table is splintered and breaking apart . Stuff on walls , food or non food unsure . On Sunday evening my daughter went to the office to find out when my room was going to be cleaned while out for the day ... NO WEEKEND MAID SERVICE !!!!!!!!!! would NOT recommend !!!
4 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Tracy Young
"Good inexpensive place to stay"
It was cheap and just what I needed for a one nights stay
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
"Not The Greatest"
would not recommend this hotel. We did not feel very safe after "meeting" the couple staying next door, the hotel a bit dirty and smell funny. stay somewhere else if you are able to.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
nicky g
"Would not stay again or recommend to anyone..."
Dirty linens...had to take them to the desk to get replacement...crusty stains on the sheets...pubic hair in the sink and tub
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"close to shopping places"
I was happy I was able to book a room last minute. The price was fair. I liked how close it was to the Portland Mall and a Dunkin Donuts. I had never stayed at a Travel Lodge before. I liked how friendly and helpful the staff was when my mom and I stayed there. I was a little disappointed that the room seemed to show its age could use a update. The toilet didn't flush good. It was quiet and the heater worked well.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
Jen
Bed was very worn, felt springs poking me in the side all night. It was a quick stay on a long road trip, So it wasn't worth the extra energy to complain to the management. The staff was friendly - but I couldn't see recommending another night there.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2013
"Portland"
Last resort type of place to stay. Not worth what I paid.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"Easy access to downtown."
Unfortunate event: I was travelling with my friend who is 91 yrs. old. We had settled in for the night and discovered that the TP had not been replaced. I tried to call the desk and noticed that on the phone it said "Dial O for an Emergency". After 5 minutes on the house phone, 5 minutes calling the direct number from my cell AND then, in desperation, two long calls to the central reservation number, someone appeared at the door a half hour later. My complaint Is not about the missing TP but about the NON-RESPONSE. What if it had been a REAL emergency. TL offered me a $50. VOUCHER for a future stay. I have requested it be applied towards this stay and am still waiting. I saw the manager drop a milk bottle lid on the floor in the dining area and pick it up and put it back on the bottle. No MORE FREE breakfast for me! They need training in food handling.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
Alice
"Good enough for what we needed"
It;s not a luxury hotel by any means, but the rooms were clean, the staff was helpful and friendly. The infrastructure could use a little TLC, but was by no means uncomfortable. Price was right for what we received. I would stay here again.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2013
G
"Reasonably-priced and convenienly located."
I was impressed with the comfort and cleanliness of the room and the friendliness of the staff. The continental breakfast exceeded expectations.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2013
"Attended a Jethro Tull Concert at Portland State T"
I didn't spend much tme at the hotel. It was fine for what we needed. We were there to go to a concernt at Portland State Theater and Saturday we did alittle sight seeing. Ths is a great hotel for a short visit. I would not spend more than a couple days there though.
2 night trip Oct 12, 2013
D.Loring
"Ok for cost....less below good.."
Service desk person was not that much proactive for customers arrival. no prearrangement was made until last minute.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Ok if you're desperate"
Unfortunately we waited too long to book a hotel during the leaf-peeping season and this was the best thing we could find in the area that wasn't super expensive. The rooms were ok, but they are facing outside and you can hear people walking by and talking outside. Very loud! There was nothing deluxe about the 'Deluxe Continental Breakfast', just some moldy bagels and some pastries. We were there one night just passing through, so it was doable.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Close to highway"
The clerk at check-in said I didn't have a reservation, without even asking my name. After a short conversation, she tells me she's on a different day computer wise (the previous day) and didn't have any rooms?? I asked her if I needed to come back on Friday to check in for my Thursday reservation ... hello??? I told her I would go to another hotel and she miraculously found my reservation!!! I was put in a room on the backside of the hotel backing the freeway. No other cars were back there. Sounds like a scam to me. My daughter had a reservation for Friday, but ended up going to another hotel. I flew from the west coast to the east coast for my mother's funeral. Shame on Travelodge.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Jane
It was close to our destination. It was exactly what we thought it would be.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"One night stay"
For the quality and location of the hotel, I didn't think the price matched. However, the front desk workers were very nice and polite. When we first walked into the room, it smelled. (Luckily we had febreeze to make it smell better!) They didn't not give us antiquate toiletries (missing conditioner) and the beds weren't very comfortable. The pillows were completely flat and had no support to them whatsoever, and the bed itself felt like more of a springy box. Also, to get ice (if your in the second building) is extremely annoying to have to walk ALL the way to the first building to get it. From the second building I followed the sign, and was walking alone at night, trying to find the ice machine. Honestly, they should have another ice machine located in the second building as well to accommodate their guest, so a woman doesn't have to feel unsafe walking from one building to the other at night ALONE. But all in all, it was an alright hotel if you're just looking to stay for one night.
1 night trip with friends Oct 5, 2013
Miss A
"ok"
very clean
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2013
ralph
"Ok place"
A little too uncomfortable for my families liking. There was a blood stain on the bed sheets and in the bathroom there were bugs and dirty stains on the walls. It was a place to sleep because we only stayed in as little as we could.
4 night trip Sep 25, 2013
"Ok for inexpensive place to stay"
Wasn't the best of neigh borhoods, busy street couple hundred feet away. Denny's next door. Motel showing it's age, although there was fresh paint on the stairway. It was convenient to get from car to room. Staff was pleasant. Toilet wouldn't completely flush..had to flush several times. Continental breakfast usual cerial in the bin, banana,s apples toast....fruit wasn't very fresh..apples had dents and spots on them. Good coffee overall typical for less expensive ok place to stay. ... I would stay again. Oh, and the TV actually got good reception and stations! Portland , Me
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Alice
"To Loud"
There was to much noise in the parking lot, a lot of banging of doors. Don't plan on staying there again.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"location"
easy to find, room clean and close to Denny's which you could walk to for your dinner...very good food. would stay again.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Hotels was fine, room had a smokey odor.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
"Disappointing"
The toilet ran over. We fixed ourselves after hotel employees came in to take care of it. It was adjusted so it did not use much water. It ran over because it was flushed more than once and there was not enough water to make it flush completely. We adjusted it ourselves.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
"Dated facility. Poor maintenance. Not clean."
I can forgive the fact that the motel is dated. I can't forgive the lack of maintenance and obvious signs of poor cleaning. The front desk check in went smoothly. Clerk was friendly. Area behind front desk was cluttered with piles of papers--weeks, if not months worth. It was Labor Day weekend so the chances of finding another motel was slim plus I had prepaid for the room. First obvious problem with our room was the bathroom door. Hinges were loose and I had to lift up on the knob to get the door to close. Door latch had been poorly repaired. Sink and tub drained slowly. Tub had a non-slip coating that was stained. See photo. Facial tissue box was empty / missing. Gunky stains around slot. Refrigerator dented on top. Security vault paint peeling. Dirt behind lid of toilet. Chair cloth worn. Rust on air exhaust vent in bathroom.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
Jerry
"The most terrible place that I have ever stayed"
I would never purchase any hotel from Expedia mysterious place. The location of the place is right next to the highway, so I couldn't sleep at all due to the noise. There were drunken guests in the hallway and knocking at my door. The beds were so uncomfortable and after lying on the bed my entire body was so painful. On top of that, this place is not even cheap at all. I chose Expedia mysterious option for fun, but that ruined my trip and vacation.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
june
"bad"
Is a horrible place. It looks dirty, smells bad, the are is horrible. Bad in general.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Perfect place to stay near Portland"
Cheap but comfortable. Clean room with AC. Perfect as a place to crash for the night.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
Ann
The hotel was easy to find, the room was what one should expect for the price.
"Dirty"
Breakfast great, price great, overall cleanliness terrible
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"very dirty rooms"
the room was awefully dirty along with everything inside is not updated or cleaned, bathrooms were stained and the bed matress very uncomfortable, chairs in the rooms in the crust still had dust between them, wish i took a closer look at this before i booked the hotel, the only thing cleaned was the pool.
1 night romance trip Aug 24, 2013
tamara
"nicely close to airport"
everything prearranged, worked well
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Pretty good find on short notice."
We wanted to go to Portland for a weekend, on fairly short notice. We had a limited budget and no car. Portland Travelodge is on bus routes, is an affordable taxi fare to the Amtrak station and the center of town. The people were all exceptionally nice. I dropped my wallet in the cab as we were getting there. Desk clerks were very helpful in thinking what cab companies to call. We also had some minor plumbling problems in our room (running toilet, tub not draining), mentioned them late on Saturday -- and they were fixed that evening!
Other trip Aug 27, 2013