All hotels in Portland, Maine, United States of America
1200 Brighton Ave, Portland, ME, 04102, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

• Value
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"Convenient hotel close to venue"
Room with two double beds, older air conditioning,small bathroom, average pool, breakfast bar, ample parking. Poorly landscaped. Near shops. easily accessible from major routes. Perfect overnight stop.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Christina
"Old school motor hotel"
I was a bit concerned making a reservation here, based on some of the negative reviews I'd seen. However, I think it's a matter of perspective; this Travelodge is just like the ones I remember staying in when I was a kid, on trips with the parents. It's a bit creaky, some dents and dings, but clean and quiet. The Continental Breakfast is decent; cereal, coffee, juice, some pastries; and fresh fruit basket. One thing to bear in mind is that this hotel still has smoking rooms, and even the non-smoking rooms may have had smoking guests in the recent past. I had one room that was pretty odorous, but the next room I had was clean and no trace of smoke. Luck of the draw. For a budget motor hotel, close to the interstate and on a direct route into downtown Portland, I think this is an excellent choice. But if you're expecting a modern hotel, this is more of a blast from the past. Still has tube TV's!
5 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
"Courteous, helpful and friendly staff,"
It was OK
5 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Marion
"Trip up to Maine"
This was the worse hotel I have stayed at. If there was any other option we would of moved to another hotel, even if we had to pay for both places. It was old, small, dirty. The only thing good I can say about this place is the young man at the front desk was extremely nice. I think hotels.com should take it off their list of places to stay. After that place I may not want to use their web site.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Other guests were up very late and it was very noisy
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Annette
"Terrible place to stay"
Terrible place to stay. I was supposed to have a handicapped room, but the reservations from Hotel.com were not respected. Would not recommend Portland Travelodge nor hotels.com to anyone.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
Decent place to stay that is close to the city. The staff was friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. The only problem is that there is no fridge or microwave in the room, however they do provide one in the lobby and and an icebox where the stair entrance is. Overall it was a good place to stay for the price it was.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Hotel is ok for a night"
The hotel is ok, i did find it a bit noisy the night i stayed there. However for the price i guess is ok.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
M
"Adequate for an overnight ."
OK for a night ... you better like listening to on I-95. If you can get a good rate, and need a place, then this is an OK choice.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"Not happy"
The first room smelled so bad I gagged. Moved to second room stayed 2 hours left. 90.00 down the drain.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2015
Tracey
"Thought We Were at the Dump!"
When we arrived at entrance, the front business was cleared & debris was left behind, making the entire entrance to hotel look like it was in despair!! We were very concerned when we saw that! They need to have whoever cleared away the gas station or whatever was there, to clean up their land parcel or plant some grass over the cement/pipes, metal scrap & clean it up at least! the hotel was in needed TLC w/the walls, entry steps to second floors, etc....carpeting needs update....was just a "so-so" hotel w/a small, store-bought goodies for breakfast in front.
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
"Fine room, terrible employee experience"
The room was fine, you get what you pay for. Very basic, but necessary things. The problem I had was with the front desk staff. A woman named Kim who works at the front was VERY rude and condescending when I had an issue with my trip. She needs a hard lesson in customer service and how to be a decent human being. I won't go in to details but she made my already very bad day WAY worse. She should be fired.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2015
"Portland, ME Travelodge"
Plus is it's close to a shopping center (across the road) with a Chipotle and Panera Bread. Also very close to I-95. Definitely a (big) step down, quality-wise) from a Hilton Garden Inn.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Just what we needed!"
We chose to stay in Portland on our way to a Boston hospital appointment the next day. The room was clean, pleasant, quiet, comfortable, and a reasonable price; the staff was friendly and professional. The location was convenient and we will definitely return to this motel.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Janis
"One night stay to see a play...."
When I first pulled into the hotel driveway I thought that it was a pretty run down place mostly due to the neighborhood and the front of the property. The front part could really use some landscaping and other improvements. The room was okay but definitely first class. The rug was stained and the bedding was kind of dated as well as the rest of the decor. The TV was very old style and added to the run down look of the place. We went to the free breakfast and found it to be very chaotic and unorganized with just one person (the front desk clerk) trying to keep everything filled and coffee made. We ended up leaving to go to Denny's next door because the wait was so long to get coffee and other breakfast items. The pool was nice but very cold! it was clean and the man tending it was pleasant and friendly.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Ronda
"we had an excellent vacation."
to be honest my family and I loved it we couldn't ask for more the way they treated us was just amazing everyone had a smile on there faces
"Good for night stay"
It is good to stay temporary.
2 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Travel Lodge a big disappointment"
We found the hotel lacking is several areas. The breakfast was awful and staff stumbled around trying to keep things going - but failed. The exhaust fan in our bathroom did not work; door latch to the bathroom was broken. We asked for extra pillows and were told to come and get them ourselves in the office - after we had changed into nightclothes; i.e., poor night service. There was no clock in the room at all!! No accommodations for handicapped; no elevator, many stairs, no apologies, either. We made reservations a month ahead, but when we arrived, the staffer had to pick out a room; no planning here.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Hotel staff was nice but room wasn't clean, it actually made us all cough, something funky in the room.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Beds were very uncomfortable; room was shabby (obvious water damage in ceiling; dirty carpeting); hot water was not consistant
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
The door to my room was very hard to open. I had to hit the door hard to open it.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
very basic room with teddy bear decor, clean sheets comfortable bed very basic expensive for the price and the delux breakfast would be described as just above bread and water. dont expect much
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Limited but fine for a night's stay"
Rooms NEED to be updated! Breakfast is limited, as stated (full continental breakfast), besides bread and coffee they offer cereal, apples and fruit drink. All staff were very friendly. Pool was well kept.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"Decent for the price"
If they would clean up the area the hotel would get better reviews - it looks really dumpy when you pull in. But the rooms are clean and the bed was comfy - so if you're just looking for 8 hrs of sleep & a hot shower in the morning then it works.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Portland Hotel"
Very dated hotel. We paid twice what the room was worth.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Ray
"Lousy place"
The tub wouldn't drain, so couldn't have a shower.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Tony
"Poor hotel"
The hotel's price is higher, does not match it's service!
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
zhiyong
"Would not pay full price!"
Stayed 2 nights visiting family when original plans changed. Price was right but a motel really. No interior corridors and no elevator. I had no clock in my room. One outlet for charging unless you use a bathroom or baseboard outlet. Phone on desk, not by bed. Shower head a bit low. Only soap and shampoo provided. Curtain had only room darkener so no semi private curtain. I was glad the AC/ fan was a constant white noise. Bed was nice and I slept well. I did not partake of breakfast. i might stay again for similar price but not over. Check in staff quoted $139 as full price for one queen bed. I paid $86. The back rooms have a nicer view than front. Even when full my second night it was quiet. Again fan may have helped.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Toni
After reading the negative reviews, I was worried about booking a room at this place. Since it was cheapest in PWM area -- matched with a 10% OFF coupon -- I went for it. The place is definitely dingy but it wasn't unbearable. I was VERY IMPRESSED by the service of staff. The young man working counter had great, friendly personality. I'd certainly recommend this over the Motel 6 across street.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2015
"Pay a the extra to stay elsewhere!"
Dirty, dirty and dirty. Cheap sheets, disgusting shower, carpet, floor, sink, toilet and tile in the bathroom. Would NOT stay here again.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
It was clean and had many stores and food places close by. No complaints I stayed here just to sleep but the room was clean. Front desk was nice. Only complaint is the bathroom door was hard to open and close also the next day at like 10:55 the room service banging on the door. We were heading out but a simple knock would of sufficed instead he banged on our door like a cop looking for a criminal would which I found rude. Other than that it was fine, clean & convinient.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Inexpensive, but you get what you pay for"
Room smelled musty as if it may have been a smoking room at one time. Room and building appeared in need of remodeling or at least repainting. Hotel is right by the highway and unless the heat or air conditioning is on, you can hear the traffic at night. Rooms were inexpensive, but the above is probably why.
7 night trip Jun 24, 2015
Ken
"You Get More Than What You Pay For"
This was my second year staying at the Travelodge, and not much changed in the time I last visited. The Travelodge is easy to find, and is in a really convenient location. The staff are all amazingly friendly, and go above and beyond what is expected of them to ensure that the stay is an enjoyable one. The Travelodge itself is in need of an update, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a good place to stay a few nights. The rooms are a decent size, clean, and have the basic amenities. While the bathrooms are small, the water is hot, and the shower (and toilet) are cleaner than I've seen in some fancier places. The housekeepers did a wonderful job, and made relaxing at the end of the day much easier. The beds were comfortable, and there was a lot less noise than expected being near a major highway. Overall, this was a great experience, and I would recommend the Travelodge if you need an inexpensive, and comfortable, place to stay near the Portland area.
3 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Katherine
"Hoping for more"
Not really in a good location. The front faces a torn up parking lot/torn down building. Chipped tiles in the room as you entered, sink was clogged .. Called and quickly repaired. Found the staff to be friendly and helpful TV went to black and white the last night we were there. Room was small and with all the lights on was still very dark wifi was spotty and slow at best. Continental breakfast wasn't what I thought it would be no hot items available This location needs major upgrades will not return
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
ian
"I will never stay there again."
So disappointed. The good: the pool, the breakfast. The bad: everything else. Customer service was worst I've ever encountered at a hotel ... and not just by one person ... by three different desk attendants. We asked for a cot on the first night and they told us that I should have booked it ahead of time and that they didn't provide cots at night. So next day I ask attendant for cot and they say they don't own any. Second day we asked for more blankets and were told there weren't any as they were at 90% capacity. This could not have been true. The hotel was mostly empty. There are people who clearly live here year round and they are disruptive. We saw at least two transactions occur in parking lot that we are 99% sure we're exchange of drugs. However, the worst part of the entire experience was finding an injection needle under our bed. Disgusting and scary. I will never stay there again!
2 night business trip Jun 26, 2015
Jodi
Rooms need renovation
3 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
"Nice place to stay for the price"
Only stayed to sleep. It was easy to find and reasonably priced.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Tam
Never again. Staff was very nice. Room was just awful. Cold showers. Dirty. Pubic hair in the bedding. Just gross.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
"Pictures are not always as they seem"
We needed a room for the p.m. before early flight in a.m. Obviously, we stayed. But neighborhood was rather run down. Room was clean, but outdated. Security lock was broke. Personnel was friendly and helpful. We would not stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
We reserved thru this site and credit card was charged. When we got to the hotel we were told the payment what not gone thru. This happened to other guests also. We had to pay again. The next day I noticed both charges on my account. When I questioned them, I was told that they couldn't refund the money. We had to go thru you for our refund. You were very helpful and my account was credited within 24 hours. Thank you.
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Catherine A
room not really updated but everything was in good working conditions
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Nice hotel close to everything I wanted to do."
Hotel was ok, within a short driving distance to most thins to see in Portland.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"This was a very disappointing motel."
The manager did nothing to help the fight going on in the next room and then finally called the police but the disturbance went on for 2 hours.
Other trip May 28, 2015
"Get what you pay for"
needed room on short notice close to City Amenities. Hotel is dated and in rough part of town. 1000ft deep open pit mine just feet from parking area. staff was nice, rooms were clean, but very dated and in rough condition.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Good hotel."
Good affordable hotel
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
Gayrat
Nicely accomodated a room change to be on first floor access. Came quickly with correcting an issue with hot water. Nice and quiet and not far from everything. Good room rate.thanks
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Horrible"
Very dirty, Smells & very very unsanitary.will not recommend.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
giuseppe
"Average motel good for short stay"
This hotel is a good stop if you only need one night or so. The bed wasn't the most comfortable but it accomodated us. We also were able to leave our car there for free while we flew to another part of the states which saved us some money!
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Very dissatisfied with my stay. Room was dirty and found blood stained sheets. I will never stay again nor recommend this establishment to anyone I know!
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
Norman
the price was right for a quick 1 nite. Rooms clean and free bagels and juice and coffee in the am. Near everything.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015