All hotels in Kinston, North Carolina, United States of America
208 E New Bern Rd, Kinston, NC, 28504, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

River inn is a great place to stay for business travelers. It was quiet, had a comfortable bed, good shower/bathroom, good continental breakfast, and free wi-fi.
1 night business trip Jan 5, 2016
Gabriel
"Find a better hotel."
The hotel should be condemmed. The lobby is not being used since the check in desk is in one of the rooms. Pool was closed. Breaks in the walls, taped over holes in the drywall, old dirty carpet, uncomfortable bed. This hotel was only half open. If I weren't so tired and it was late I would have looked for another hotel. The other reviews are probably done by the hotel owners. To give this hotel one star is to overrate it. Every thing about this hotel is old and run down. Was in the hotel the night of October 22. Did not sleep well. Put my shoes on to walk to the bathroom. Kept my bag on the desk. I should have gone to the Hampton Inn just up the street.
1 night trip Oct 22, 2015
"Zero frills, just a place to sleep"
Sparsely furnished and no frills. A reasonably comfortable bed, an alarm clock, t.v. with so-so DirecTV cable, and towels enough for one person. This is a place to go and sleep if you're traveling by yourself and don't want to spend much money, but for that, it's perfectly reasonable.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2015
"ok stay"
comfortable and suitable. the price was good compared to surrounding hotels.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2015
"I'll stay again."
The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. No complaints and very good price.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2015
Friendly staff. But very clean, but not overly dirty. Great value for the price.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Zachary
"Average low end"
Good enough to stay overnight.
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
"Quiet, comfortable and friendly."
This is a great place to get a good night's sleep and breakfast. With back problems, I have been uncomfortable in many hotels, but the comfort of the bed and other furniture was outstanding. The breakfast was better than in places in this price range I have observed. Everything convenient and fresh. Even the coffee was good. The couple managing it are a special treat, really interesting and sweet people I enjoyed.
Caroline
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
LaKendra
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2014
octavia

TripAdvisor reviews for River Inn

"Filthy"
11/08/15 Lovelydays35
This hotel was disgusting I don't even know where to start, when we first entered the room we immediately noticed a horrible smell, the chairs in the room were stained we saw cock roaches, the people staying next to us argued half of the night, every piece of furniture was outdated the only modern item in sight was the flat screen TV, they say they offer WiFi but that was a lie, you get what you pay for, spend the extra cash at a place worthy of your money
"Scary"
11/02/15 VAQueen Virginia
Rooms are awful and dirty. Surroundings are sketchy. Staff seemed nice but when I asked about the renovated rooms, I was assured I had one. If the room was Renovated it was when the hotel opened. Cracked lamp shades, dirty walls, dirty carpet.
"Most run down hotel I have seen"
10/23/15 Bill B Jacksonville, Florida
The lobby isn't open, room 103 is the check in. The walls had unprepared cracks. The place is old without any recent upgrades. AC would not work correctly. Did I mention it was old?find another hotel.
"Terrible room "
09/04/15 James R
Did not get the room we reserved. Wanted river view room. Room smelled like cigarettes. dresser drawers were dirty. air conditioner kept shutting off. pool was drained. I do not recommend this to anyone.
"Very clean rooms, nice staff, and excellent rates!"
08/17/15 crispy362 Atlanta, Georgia
For the past eight months, I've been taking a class Lenoir Community College, just down the street, and have stayed at this hotel each time I was in town. The rooms have always been extremely clean, and are cleaned daily. The staff is very nice, and if you need anything at all, they will take care of it as quickly as possible. And on top of that, the rates are better than anyone else's in town.
"Great deal and incredibly kind owners"
07/13/15 Tall P North Carolina
I checked into the River Inn fairly late on a Saturday evening and was kindly greeted by the couple who owned it. I believe the rate was $50 which included a clean room with a king-size bed, a newer flatscreen TV with DISH network, a refrigerator and microwave. I couldn't have asked for more for the money and was so incredibly pleased with the kindness of the owners. I will most certainly stay again the next time I pass through the area.
"CLEAN FACILITY"
03/08/15 8NC Dillon, South Carolina
Motel is under renovations. Room was clean with microwave, refrigerator, and hair dryer. Room rate was $51.00. Motel is next to the Neuse River. A nice view. For an inexpensive restful night this is the motel for you.
"Dog Friendly and super nice staff"
01/29/15 Falco17 Corolla, North Carolina
My classmate and I stayed at the River Inn for a week while taking a course at the community college. They allowed and welcomed dogs! Staff was very nice and helpful- we did not request room service, but they brought us fresh towels and amenities each day. It is a nice location on the banks of the river and we enjoyed how close the hotel was to our class at Lenoir community college. Continental breakfast available also. Nice stay .
10/26/14 LAtoTN
Clean property, comfy bed, pet friendly and room to park 18 wheeler. The manager and his wife were very friendly and made our check in a breeze. Continental breakfast available. Stay here any time you are in town!
"I liked it"
09/14/14 Laura K Ulysses, Nebraska
I stayed here for four days the first week of Sept 2014. It is undergoing a renovation and the folks are very nice. I had a very nice room for the price and they allow dogs. I travel with my Min Pin so this is important. I liked the tiled floors and good air conditioning. Place was very clean and neat. The pool wasn't open but late in the season anyway. If I needed anything all I had to do was ask. I would stay there again in a minute!