All hotels in Federal Way, Washington, United States of America
1688 S 348th St, I-5 Exit 142B & Hwy 18, Federal Way, WA, 98003, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
"My Red Lion Experience"
Simple. Basic. Average. The staff weren't enthusiastic about the new or returning guests walking in and out. The room service provided would only clean your room once a day. So if I wanted to sleep in and didn't wake up until after they cane by but then decided to go out for the entire day, I would be coming back to a room untouched by the staff. The room looked nice however. The t.v. had a pretty good variety of shows and movies and wi-fi was easily accessible. The breakfast was your basic egg and sausage. They had a waffle maker and bread for toast. Donut holes and mini cinnamon rolls for your sweet tooth. Juices: Cranberry, Orange, and Apple. To summarize; it was a pretty average experience and not worth the price that I had to pay for just 3 stars in my opinion.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Brandon
"Dirty underwear found in room"
Booked hotel on Expedia, that went well. Upon check in, first room was dirty. Next room appears fine, but next day pair of dirty underwear found lodged between some furniture.
Other trip May 27, 2015
mattalica
"Work in progress"
Context: the hotel was in the process of a renovation. That said, the room had no hangers, no "do not disturb" hanger, no iron; and at 6pm, the room had not been serviced by the cleaning staff. The overall rating of 3 is due to the fact that staff seemed to be trying their best.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
corsemore
"good"
good
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
Cuong
"dont do it"
No parking because if construction, the one person working at desk was talking to her friends who were barefoot, there was a bug in our bed but it was too late to go anywhere else at that point because we checked in at 11 pm. Will never stay there again.
Other trip May 25, 2015
mom
Noisy, both from inside and outside room. Cleanliness of breakfast area was not good.
Other trip May 24, 2015
freddie
"Keep the EXCELLENT front desk staff!!"
Booked for 2 nights. When we arrived the motel was still under remodeling, no pool as expected, water off due to maintenance problem. Used Denny's restrooms. BUT THE FRONT DESK STAFF WAS EXCEPTIONAL!! The young staff could not have been more helpful or understanding!! They deserve a huge THANK YOU!!
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
Jean
The hotel was under construction but was clean , good location and the staff was helpful and friendly.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Hotel is currently under renovation."
May, 2015. Hotel under renovation. Pool not available. Had to walk through the construction to get to my room. The room had been redone and I would say that it is an average room, size and amenities. They should close off the section being renovated and only direct customers to the completed section. Hotel is 3 floors but no elevator. Full breakfast available but nothing spectacular. And, the biggest negative, it is extremely difficult to get in to, even though it is right off I-5. And no signs to enlighten you. No, I would not stay here again!
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Be Honest Up Front"
Hotel under renovation. This should be disclosed on any website that includes them. Breakfast was lack luster.
2 night business trip May 12, 2015
"Hotel under renovations, listened to construction"
Listened to construction all day, the hallway was not even completed. Our room was directly in the middle of all the mess and was supposed to be done. There were still holes. Very disappointed
Other trip May 14, 2015
"Not a place to stay"
UGH. Apparently the hotel used to be a motel 6 because half of the features in the room had that logo on it. The hotel was being remodeled and therefore was NOT clean at ALL. I usually enjoy hotel room stays, but the only saving grace about this place was the bed was comfortable. otherwise, I would have packed up and left. Not impressed and would not stay there again.
2 night business trip May 7, 2015
Susan LeCaire
"Lipstick on a pig"
This is an old Super 8 motel that Red Lion is currently renovating. Too bad they can't do anything about the size of the rooms because they are tiny. Bed was comfortable though.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"noisy!!"
Our room was very noisy. It felt like we were on a freeway.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Philip
"Under construction"
Outside the room the hallways were a mess. In side the room furniture did not fit and the handles on every drawer in the room were on the inside. Couldnt open anything. Walls are paper thin. Could hear everything, room next to us, water being turned on, people walking down the hall. In short the place is a mess, might be better in a few months when they are done but this was terrible. Stay at your own risk, I will not make the mistake again.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Kyle
"Really good for the price"
The hotel is going through some upgrades and there was construction going on in the building. With that in mind for all the work they are having done it was good. They could use a couple signs to tell you where the ice machine is because the hallways start to feel like a mouse maze.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Hotel in total re-construction process."
Construction mess. Room window very close to highway with lots of traffic noise.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Messed up"
One night stay. Won't stay agin until they fix everything. Too noisy and under construction.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
"Not up to the Red Lion standard."
I've stayed at a few Red Lion Hotels all around Washington, in Kent and both in Spokane and they are all great! This Red Lion is the worst performing one out of all of them. I do have to give the front desk agent at check in 5 out of 5 on performance, she truly is the only person that cares in the hotel. The cleanliness of the room was abysmal, underwear from the previous guests was left hanging on the door, there was construction debris left in the tub (reconstruction was going at the time), the refrigerator door did not shut because it was broken, there was an outlet that was about 1ft from ceiling that had no outlet plate so it was just a hole in the wall, and dust was layered on the head board. I went down and talked to the FD agent, she apologized and got me into a new room, which was much better but still needed attention to cleanliness. We slept great, no noise complaints and the freeway was right out the window. Checkout was fast the FD agent in the A.M. was great. There were still construction debris in the halls from yesterday afternoon. I hope this Red Lion improves its current standard. But for now its on a "Do Not Return" list of locations when I visit Seattle again.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
This hotel was very nice and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in this area. Very clean, excellent staff and great breakfast.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
stay was enjoyable with one exception .. There was no place to hang clothes .Also it might be nice to have dvd player in rooms. Staff was very friendly and courteous.
David C.
"under construction till end of may"
clean and nice room. the remodel was annoying outside (no pool or hot tub), but the room was GREAT. I have stayed at much more expensive hotels with far less quality amenities. the restroom was all high end, as was the bed and television. the shower and sink had wall mounted gel dispensers rather than bar soap. very nice and far less waste.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
It's still under construction but it's a place. T he rooms were a little smaller than what I am use to but over all I would go back.
"pleasant stay"
The Hotel is still renovating its rooms but they were clean and very up to date.. I would stay there again
1 night business trip Apr 3, 2015
"Comfortable Stay"
The hotel was under renovation but our room on the third floor was clean and comfortable.
2 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
"Wish it could have been better."
The location was remodeling, so things were kind of a mess. I'm all for places not wanting to close during this time, but you have to make some special effort to keep things clean. The floors in the lobby had sheetrock dust on them. This is not too big of a deal in my book. When we got into our room, there was no soap! The gal at the front desk was SUPER nice, but was new and didn't know where it was kept. We got in super late from a concert, and just wanted a shower. About 30-45 minutes later the gal at the front desk had finally found some. This was kind of a big deal for me. Our room was right next to the main road off the highway, not a big deal. Here's the big deal - You can't close the curtains. There's a sheer curtain you're able to close, but the thicker curtains, that you'd close to minimize sound, some guy looking in on my wife, or keeping the sunlight out, couldn't be closed, I mean there wasn't even any rails that went to the center of the window. Lastly, when we came to check out, nobody was at the front desk, we had to wait 5 or so minutes (Not really a big deal...but what does it take to staff a front desk?) Obviously we bought through Expedia, so when the guy finally showed up, he took our room keys and said "You're good to go." There seemed to be little care for anything. I guess I was expecting something like "I trust your stay was acceptable?" If I had been able to air my concerns, I wouldn't be putting "disappointing" on my feedback.
Tony
"be forwarned"
No where on their web site did they mention no elevator. They neglected to say they were under construction. I was placed on the third floor. No microwave needed to ask for coffee maker and hangers. Had I known this information I we ould have chosen a different place of stay. The bed is a good 3 feet off the ground it was interesting getting in and out of bed.
3 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"A so so stay"
We had a really old room at first then moved to a renovated room . So we had to pack up our stuff . We did not complain . There was no cups at all in our new room and the vending machined looked like they weren't filled for a year . There was workers all over the breakfast area and the hostel had no power for awhile . My daghoter was racing in a Pacific Northwest swim championship and for her final on Sunday she needed sleep until 4. The Hotel would not let us stay without paying a whole day. We had bed. There Sind Wednesday .
4 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
Meagan
"A Total Mess of a Hotel"
The main problem is that Red Lion bought the hotel from some discount chain and has kept it open while refurbishing it. It is a disaster - dirty and dusty, bathroom fixtures that don't work, etc. They should have closed it and refurbished it, then reopen it. No wonder they discounted it so steeply. Even with the discounted price, I would not stay again.
2 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
"Too close to freeway"
The room was very hot but if you opened the window you couldn't hear another person talking because of the terrible traffic. The motel was under construction so possibly it would be quieter when it is complete.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
they charge my card took to long get my deposit back.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Dissapointed"
We went back because of the location, and excellent service the first time, but I felt snubbed the second time, and was disappointed because the laundry room facility was not available due to construction, and there was no compensation given. One of the reasons we chose it specifically was to use the laundry room that was not available, not sure if they are going to put one back in as the new kitchen is behind the front desk area, where the laundry facility used to be.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Leanne
"Fixer upper"
Still under construction.. I'll definitely wait until they finish before I come back. I did look like they're making significant improvements inside and out. Staff was nice and area was convenient so I would give it another chance when it's done
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
"OK for the price"
The motel is an old Super 8 that was bought by the Red Lion and is being remodeled. The bed was more comfortable than I had expected, and it was not that noisy. For the price, it met my expectations. Breakfast was good. Once they complete the remodeling, it should be fairly nice.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Mitch
Beds were comfortable. Parking lot is not secured. Our truck was brokened into. There is no video recording of the parking lot to try and apprehend the thief. Beware!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"No frills, but great price room in safe area"
They are remodeling right now - the rooms are clean, but the hotel is a mess. It looks like once they are finished, it will be very nice.
1 night family trip Jan 12, 2015
Katelynn
"Birthday completely ruined."
It was my birthday so we plannef a night away. We were not.informed that the hotel was under major renovation. The first room we were placed in had holes in the walls everywhere where bolted pictures had been temoved, one lamp that couldn't be plugged in since the only outlets were inaccessable. Second room smelled very strongly of bleach. Neither of us could sleep with the smell and we both coughed all night. We finally gave up at 7 am, got up and loaded up the car. The one thing that might have left a good impression was the full breakfast. That is until one workman came in, hair in a nest, pants sagging down over his butt crack. He loaded up his plate and even though every other table was available, he sat right next to us and grunted his way through his food. We literally couldn't wait another second to get out of there.
1 night romance trip Jan 14, 2015
"Great service, we will come back, when in area."
Fernando was an excellent host. Hotel was under construction, so the foyer was a bit of a mess. Cont. breakfast was excellent. Location was not the greatest, being right on the Hwy. All-in-all, a good hotel actively trying to improve itself.
2 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Joy
"needs renovating"
Hotel used to be a Super 8 and obviously still has the original furnishings . Mattress was old and uncomfortable.The room was very clean and quiet.Pillow s were flat.If you need a cheap clean room it was fine,I didn't like the fact that they charged a deposit to my card and it took a week to not show up on my account.even though we paid in advance.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
BC
"Getting better"
Hotel under construction
1 night trip Dec 24, 2014
Kierre
"Crappy hotel, terrible location under construction"
The Expedia reservation failed and there was horrible coordination between on-line booking and the hotel staff.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"This hotel should not be in Expedia"
Really disappointing stay, they didn't have hot water when I arrive and said that in the morning they will have hot water but no, they didn't, so could not take a shower. The rooms are really old and just overall not a nice hotel.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Alejandro
"Thanksgiving gateway...."
general,the hotel services are excellent, except billing has some error...
1 night trip Nov 28, 2014
"watch you CC Bill"
Bed frame broken, no a.c.only thing that turned on was the fan part and that was only after unplugging it a few times. And now there is 4 different charges on my CC . The room charge, 2 40$ charges and a 90$ charge!! Stopped and talked to Front desk and they don't know why charges are there. Now I have to go through management! ! Didnt break any thing in room because we didn't even sleep there!! We were in the room for maybe a total of 3 hours. Used a hand towel, soap and messed up the bed a little. Pretty sad experience! ! Only good thing about it was the location as far as lots of things to do
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Amber
"Breakfast but not able to feed properly with const"
Bogus, unable to establish comfortability
1 night trip with friends Dec 9, 2014
TOWN PI
"Got the job done!"
The place is close to everything you would need to stay the night- good, stores, theater, etc...the place is under remodeling right now so expect construction noise if staying more than one day. Cheap price and late checkouts are nice though!
1 night trip Nov 23, 2014
"disappointed"
This is a message for the Red Lion Corp. Putting a "Red Lion" sign on an old, worn, out dated motel does not make it a Red Lion. It was, for many reasons too numerous to list, not a pleasant experience.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"Red lion just purchased. Was a super 8 you can"
Tell. Would not stay again. Expected red lion quality
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
carolyn
"FALSE ADVERSTISING & TERRIBLE SERVICE"
They advertise themselves as a Red Lion, HOWEVER it was very apparent that they had recently purchased it from a Best Western 8, as there were various items in the rooms that had there imprint on them. The entire motel had stains on the rugs, overall afternoon front desk service was rather rude. Will never stay here again.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Jeffery
"Really nice for the price"
It was a very go experiance.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014