All hotels in Berlin, Germany

"Good hotel, you get what you pay for!"
Hotel was clean, wifi worked well. Location was good if you're okay with using public transportation. Breakfast was GREAT! However at night, saw a few prostitues wondering outside the hotel "/
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Julio
"Convenient hotel in downtown Berlin"
This is a decent hotel with good facilities and a good breakfast. Due to the heat, air conditioning would have been appreciated however. The biggest problem was that we had to book in for the night of the UEFA championship soccer game so the price was outrageous, about twice the normal rate. At their normal rate, this hotel is a good value.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Thomas A
"Good location good hotel"
The front desk staff is unfrendly but the hotel facilicities, location and breakfast make it very recommended
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Pedro
"Great location...subway...across the street..."
Great restaurants in the area...Carmen at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
jean paul
"Clean but plain"
We stayed here for one night before our flight . The rooms were clean, very plain, and a great price. I would recommend staying if you plan on exploring the city and not hanging out in your room
Dear Desiree, thank you so much for your review. The team at Aldea
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Desiree
"Aldea Novum on 2nd Visit"
This was my second time staying at the Aldea Novum, and probably my last. While the staff was as professional as I remembered, there was less personal interaction and seeming attention to detail. I did have a nice interaction with one female clerk after she had had an unpleasant exchange with another guest. She, unlike many of her co-workers, seemed willing to speak one-on-one rather than hotel-to-guest. My check-in was fine as I had requested a room in the annex rooms on the first floor, behind the building by the parking lot. I had stayed there before and enjoyed the quiet and being away from the main building. This was helpful over the New Year's Eve holiday - a loud holiday in Berlin - but less so during the first week of 2015. I was unaware, and had not been advised, that renovation work was underway at the adjoining building to Aldea Novum. This led to quite a bit of traffic at early hours to the parking lot outside my room. I'm an early-riser, so a little noise is no problem, but if I had wished to sleep in, forget it. Also, the walk from room to main building was a little trickier than it might have normally been. As for the room: nice, clean, and extra bed considering there was less than full occupancy and I got a double room. The location is excellent for shopping and access to all of Berlin's attractions. I don't eat breakfast, so I have no say on the hotel's offerings, the comments I overheard were generally positive.
Response by Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum
Dear Steve, we have read your detailed comments carefully. Unfortunately, we are not informed of the construction work on the annex building, otherwise we would have written on our website. The team at Aldea
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"Fantastisk hotel"
That was really great
Response by Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum
Dear Imran, we have read with great pleasure your review and tell you thank you very much for that. The team at Aldea
2 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Imran
Good location near Underground... Easy to get to main attractions. Room was spacious although lack of pillows and blankets for 3rd bed. Helpful staff
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
typical continental breakfast. eggs and coffee hot and plenty to go round. open till 10.30am which was good. free wifi easy to pick up too.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"satisfied"
stay - o.k.
Dear Gerhard, thank you so much for your review. The team at Aldea
1 night trip with friends Dec 9, 2014
Gerhard
"Nice and worth the stay"
Nice rooms and friendly stuff. The hotel is situated in a crowdy area.
Dear Giso, thank you so much for your nice review. The team at Aldea
2 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
Giso
"great value hotel"
overall great location.. 1 minute walking from BulowstraSe U-Bahn station, which connects you through U2 line to city center (Mitte), Alexanderplatz, Branderburg Tor, Potsdamer Platz and more.. rooms are clean and spacious, bathroom a little bit small, but bearable. safe in room, however no refrigerator. staff helpful and kind. would definitely recommend staying here.
Response by Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum
Dear guest, thank you so much for your nice and friendly words about our hotel. The team at Aldea
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"FOR THE PRICE IS OK......"
small rooms, cable tv suck,You have to drop you room key every time you go outside. The service is the typical Germany customer services without care!!!
Response by Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum
Dear guest, thank you so much for your review. The team at Aldea
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
capuccino
Breakfast is perfect, but the restaurant between 8-9 to laud - to much gast at the same time. The festival of light ( http://festival-of-lights.de ) is very nice!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Grumpy front desk staff"
Old-style hotel where you have to pick up and drop the keys every time you come in and go out. Front desk staff members are not always well disposed to help. I found several receptionists at this hotel very short-tempered, and even condescending to customers. You simply cannot be in the hospitality business with such an attitude.
Response by Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum
Dear Guest, we have carefully read your comments about our staff and regret your impression. The team at Aldea
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"GREAT LOCATION, EXCELLENT STAFF"
SOME NOISE FROM NEARBY CONSTRUCTION [AUGUST 2014]
Dear Max, trhank you so much for your review. The team at Aldea
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
MAX
"Very nice but no internet"
The staff was super helpful, good location. The rooms were clean and everything worked fine. The only thing is that there is no internet in the rooms, you gotta go to the first floor to get connected.
Dear GA, thanks for the information. The team at Aldea
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
GA
cold and not too warm. more for a longer stay there mas was assigned a room right on the tractors entrepenait work for the hotel. the bathroom is dated but a clean copy. the carpet was also very clean
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Well located hotel not far from the center if you come as a tourist. Neigbours were a little noisy when we stayed but overall it was OK. Large room for 3 people, staff was welcoming and speaking english. Prices are very good.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
Room i stayed in was clean, hotel provide an average service. Gratest advantage is location is very close (2 mins walking) to undergound (U2)station. This imply you can hear the noise of the train when Windows are open and if your room is on the Street side. Price/quality ratio is anyway very good
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"I don't recommend this place."
I owuld not stay here again. Decent enough place for a decent enough rate; it's good for a quick overnight, but noting more. I was given a top floor room that opened up to a balcony.... but that balcony is shared, so you could walk past your neighbow window. And because it was very hot outside, if you left the windows/doors open, you created a huge security risk, as your neighbor could walk in your room as you slept. ...Find a different hotel.
Response by Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum
Dear guest, we have taken and regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us your leisure trip note of your comments. The team at Aldea
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
"Nice hotel close to airport but shuttle bus ......"
The hotel is nice and quiet. But shuttle bus service is full of uncertainty. We arrived at the airport from Berlin at 9:30pm. We have waited for the bus for more than 40 minutes. The bus finally came but not driving to the hotel. It went to next terminal to pick up other customers. When we got the key to my hotel room, it is quite close to midnight. The time it takes for us to get to the hotel room from Frankfurt airport is a lot longer than our flight from Berlin to Frankfurt. Other than bus service, the wifi often has connecting problem. If you often used wifi service, that is the big deal.
Response by Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum
Dear Eugene, thank you for your review and your kind words, regarding your stay in our Hotel City B. We are so sorry, but we don`t offer any shuttle service. The team from City B Berlin
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
eugene
I enjoyed my stay at this Hotel which I would rate as Very Good. The facilities were very Good too and entirely in keeping with what I expected in this price range. Berlin itself is a marvellous destination and I intend to return there next year.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Best deal in Berlin."
Subway and city buses right outside hotel. Free parking under elevated subway. Safe area. Nice rooms with a small bathroom.
Response by Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum
Dear Mike, thank you so much for your friendly comments about our hotel. The Team from Hotel Aldea
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Nice location and OK hotel"
The hotel is conveniently located if you want to be in Schoeneberg / near Nolendorfplatz. It's is clean but a bit dated... You can tell it's been around a while.
Dear F, thank you so much for your lovely comments. The Team from Aldea Berlin
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
F
I went to a concert at Kulturforum so for me the location was ideal, close to bus and U Bahn stations.I couldn't get lost. However, I would probably put a sign at the corner of the street indicating the direction of the hotel since it is at a big junction and foreigners might not notice the hotel at once. Otherwise, everything was lovely.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Good find"
Reasonably priced, great location really close to the train. Strange area, not great to walk around at night... Room is clean, other guests were loud.
Response by Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum
Dear Paige, Thank you very much for your positive feedback. The team from Aldea Berlin
3 night trip Jun 4, 2014
Paige
"Close to the Ubahn station"
The hotel is right down the road from the u bahn station. The area is not the "main" area but you have quick access to everything. The hallways smelled like cigarettes but the room smelled fine. the internet would not work in the room and the bathroom is a bit cramped. and as usual in germany the pillows arent too great. however, i was pleased with the price and comfort of the stay.
Response by Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum
Dear Amnah, very happy we have read your review on Hotels.com. It's nice that your stay in our hotel Aldea was to your satisfaction.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"Nice Place"
Hotel is in very nice location. But last 3-4 times of my stay i had always internet connection problem. WHO is sensetive for internet i do not recommend this hotel.
Response by Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum
Thank you for your review and your honest words, regarding you stay in our Hotel Aldea Berlin. Of course, we have passed the criticized points to our technical department.
Other trip May 28, 2014
wifi did not work at the room
Other trip May 27, 2014
Good service from front desk and immediate response for maintenance problem. Good price for this hotel. Breakfast not included. Would come back here if in Berlin. I metro stop to hop on/off sightseeing bus.
Response by Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum
Dear Mil, Thank you for your nice review on hotel Aldea Berlin.
2 night trip May 22, 2014
Mil P
"Solid considering the rates."
Considering that one can score really good rates here, this is a solid hotel. Nothing fancy, nothing out of the ordinary, but clean, in acceptable condition (even if already a bit dated facilities) and with a very good strategic location to explore all parts of Berlin. Wifi is free and worked fine in my room, but I saw some people sitting on the stairs with their computers because they had a week signal in their room.
Response by Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum
Dear Martin, Thank you for your review and your kind words, regarding your stay in our Hotel Aldea Berlin. We have gladly passed your positive comments to our employees.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Martin
"fair value"
Location was good with U access, not perfect for walking. Fair price, nice room, nice people.
Response by Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum
Dear Steve, Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are delighted that you had a nice stay in our Hotel Aldea. We would be very pleased if we can welcome you again soon. Kind regards, Aldea Team
3 night trip Apr 26, 2014
steve
I staid in Berlin for 3 nights. The hotel is right next to the metro station, so it's easy to get from the airport or the train station. The hotel is big with a lot of rooms and the breakfast is really good with a lot of options.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Good hotel, good location."
Good hotel for the money and location. Place is safe as well, with multi-culture experience. Would like to stay in the same hotel next time.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Gao
Poor service, basic hotel. Ok for just one night.
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
"I hate to spill the secret..."
I have stayed at many Berlin hotels including both Kempenskis; but for ease of walking the City---this is the ideal location... for going to the American Church, to the Philharmonic, and for the gallery district. Not only is it spotless, but the staff is helpful and amazing. One time I booked for a month [non refundable] and had to change my plans last minute---the staff was very accomadating. I highly recommend this jewell---the Turkish cafes nearby are delicious. Located right on the metro.
28 night trip Jan 2, 2014
Lee Mulcahy, artist
Rooms are poorly soundproofed.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Convenient inexpensive hotel"
If you just need a convenient, inexpensive place to sleep it is the perfect place. The location is ideal. It is easy to get to all the points of interest quickly by bus or subway or even walking. The hotel staff was friendly. The room isn't fancy but clean and comfortable. The bathroom is a bit tiny but any place with hot water is fine for me. Free wifi and a tv in the room were nice too.
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
"Central Berlin at New Year's"
Enjoyed my stay at Aldea Novum once I was properly checked in and settled. Very close to U Station and in a varied and interesting neighborhood. Pleasant and easy walks West to Ku-Dam shopping area or East to Potsdamer Platz and on to Mitte. Good and inexpensive restaurants and supermarkets in the area, a valuable asset. Was forced to wait for initial check-in, but arrived on New Year's Eve, so much activity was expected. Some front desk personnel were quite friendly, while others were simply professional. Would recommend to traveler looking for good, clean, and simple rooms. Not fancy or plush, but a great base to explore Berlin.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
The hotel was nice, we were 2 people staying in one room for two nights, and we have been given a huge double room with a total of 5 (yes, FIVE) beds! They were nice enough to leave 4 packs of gummy bears on the table. There was free wifi, but no free breakfast. What baffled me is that there was a glass bottle of sparkling water standing on the table in our room, with a 4 euro price tag attached to it. At first I thought it was just complimentary, but then my doubt kicked in and I got a feeling that they are going to charge us 4 euros if we ever open that bottle. So they put it there to tempt us. Very sneaky. In the end, I never touched it. Oh yea, when we were checking out, the receptionist wanted to charge us 15 euros for a breakfast, when we NEVER used it at all! He sounded so sure about it, too: "That'll be 15 euros for 2 breakfasts". That incompetence really shocked me. In the end, they checked the list and found out that it's someone else wrote down our room number when signing it.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
The rooms were very clean and in good order but the bedroom carpet was stained. The bedroom was very spacious but the bathroom was small and a bit awkward.
Other trip Dec 24, 2013
"Very Good Accommodations"
Great location across from a U-Bahn. Spacious room for a economically priced European hotel. The prostitutes working nearby was a little surprising for such a nice neighborhood, but were not unruly. It was concerning at first, but not a big problem.
Other trip Dec 20, 2013
I stayed in room 528. Good sized room. Clean and maid visited the room every day. The hotell is located 2 min from U Bahn. Good breakfast at a reasonable price. Very happy with our stay.
Other trip Dec 19, 2013
"very nice hotel in Berlin"
I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stayed for 4 nights at Aldea Novum hotel. I took the bus 109 from the TXL airport then transferred to M19 at the Kudamm station. the location was a stones throw away to the metro which is a plus! very easy to get from the hotel to main attractions sites. they have a good wifi connection in the room. I wasn't able to try their breakfast buffet, but they seemed to have a decent selection. Also, there is an amazing and extremely cheap Turkish/kebab restaurant around the corner of the hotel, be sure to try it.
4 night trip Dec 5, 2013
A good starting point to visit Berlin. Not a luxury hotel, but the room and the bath were ok and the price quite fair. I had a pleasant stay there.
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
Staff very cold and scarcely motivated or keen to help. Most of them, at the reception, look like bored from any request. Garage is handful, but not immediate to reach it. They had sold me a big single beds, but it was actually two small beds I had to get them close. Bathroom is very small. Position if good enough, being very close to bus and metro stations. A lot activities (restaurants, banks, prostitution) in the very close surroundings. If only the staff at the reception smiles once in a while....
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
Perfect.
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
"Nice hotel in the center of Berlin"
This hotel is in great locations, near by train and everything, very quiet.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
"Good hotel."
Excellent location, near the U2 subway line, which takes you to all the main sites in the city. Very good value for money, clean, utilitarian, solid.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013