All hotels in Craig, Colorado, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here200 S Highway 13, Craig, CO, 81625, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.7
"Completely Unacceptable"
My wife and I checked in after attending an annual business meeting. I wasn't expecting the Ritz, but I've found Super 8 hotels to be adequate in the past, and the rate is reasonable. If our room was any indication, this hotel is in need of major renovation. We took a room on the bottom floor, #114. The ice machine on that floor apparently wasn't working, as there was a cooler of ice next to it. In the shower, the hot water handle turned on the cold water, and the cold water handle turned on the hot water. The tile work in the bathroom was pretty rough. After I got into the shower and got the water running, I noticed a bug clinging to the ceiling. I watched it while I finished my shower. It was either a small roach or some type of beetle. After my shower, I threw a couple of cups of hot water at it and washed it down the drain with more hot water. I didn't tell my wife about this it, or we might have left the hotel immediately. Also, the control knob on the room air conditioner was broken so that we were unable to adjust the temperature setting. Any one of these conditions, by themselves, might not have made a bad impression on me (except for the bug), but collectively they make the lodging completely unacceptable. I have decided that Super 8 is no longer up to my standards.
Response by Super 8 Craig
Dear sir, Thank you for your feedback. If anything in the room was lacking in quality we the staff of the Craig Super 8 would have been happy to move you to another room in order to make your stay as comfortable as possible. As for any single bug, do to climate and conditions on rare occasions a bug might appear. We take EVERY precaution on pest control. Thank You Colleen Brown GM
1 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
Donald
"Bed bugs"
Three out of three people got bed bugs, spend more to go across the parking lot
Response by Super 8 Craig
Never in the past have we had bedbugs OR reports of bedbugs. We take every precaution on pest control. Please give us a try, we will make your stay as comfortable as possible. Colleen Brown GM
3 night trip with friends Nov 12, 2014
"Not impressed"
Nothing to brag about.
Response by Super 8 Craig
We are currently under renovations and upgrades, please try us again on your next visit.
4 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
"Great Place to stay!"
Fridge was broken. Other than that It was very comfy!
Response by Super 8 Craig
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you again on your next visis!
6 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
Leona
"Not what expected"
We ended leaving a day early and were told we would get a refund for both rooms........still waiting! Plumbing not workng in one of the rooms. Old bedding and furnishings. Not what was expected!
3 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
Stacy M
Better than expected and advertised.
Response by Super 8 Craig
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you on your next visit!
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
N.Donald Gress
"couple small problems"
When we first checked in the girl working the desk told us that they were overbooked and that they had not received our reservation from hotels.com. She put us in a room (not the 2 queens we had booked b/c she said they didn't have any) and later I went back down to the front desk b/c I was kind of upset we were paying for a room we weren't in by no fault of our own. The guy who was working the desk then was very helpful. He said he was happy we came down b/c there was someone already booked in the room she gave us and they would have walked in on us b/c she didn't document anywhere that we were in that room. He was also able to find our reservation but by that late at night we were in no position to switch rooms. I called hotels.com and told them what had happened and the lady gave us a voucher that I should be getting in my email soon b/c of all the trouble we'd gone through and really helped make things better for this situation. The front desk guy also tried to make things better by letting us use the motel's washer and dryer for laundry free of charge and printed off our new auto insurance cards for us b/c our policy had renewed on our trip and we had no access to a printer. The room itself was clean and the breakfast wasn't amazing (more of a marketing ploy) but the waffle machine always makes everything ok. The location was close to the highway, but we felt safe and liked that it was close to things like a grocery store and gas. We would stay here again.
Response by Super 8 Craig
Thank You for taking the time to review us. Your concerns have been dealt with We hope to see you on your next visit!
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2014
For an overnight stay the Super 8 is perfect. The rooms are decorated nicely and are pretty homey. The staff was very nice and accommodating. And the breakfast room had much more than we expected. For a one/two night stay in Craig this works just fine.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Don't stay here!"
The hotel was nearly empty upon my arrival yet the clerk put me in a room directly across the hall from some partying guests which were up until very late and going to another room and back while slamming doors each time. The bed had an obvious bow in the middle and was extremely uncomfortable, I arrived late and was too tired to go through the hassle of trying to change rooms. The maids were the only nice part of my stay, even though one spoke no English, she was attentive in the breakfast room and they were both friendly. The male clerk working the desk when I arrived would be fired if I was the owner.
Other trip May 3, 2014
"great value and comfortable"
for the price this place was great. it's not going to be too fancy obviously, but for a room for a couple nights its great. would stay again for sure
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"Refreshingly unexpected"
We stayed in Craig two nights to just get away from Denver. We wanted to escape to the mountains but not be moneyed out in Steamboat. Super 8 doesn't charge for pets as a practice as long as you are responsible pet owners. Even though we didn't have a lot of needs, the front staff and cleaning crew were very amenable to our requests. For example the ice machine broke and the front staff went out and got some when we hadn't asked them to. The staff took the time to make our stay nice.
2 night romance trip Jan 18, 2014
I was satisfied with the overall cleanliness, and room quality. while it wasn't as good as a more expensive hotel, and didn't have as good a common area, I was there to get some sleep and leave in the morning, w/o spending a fortune, which it provided. It was a bit hard to find, but when talking to management, I found out there sign had been replaced several days before, and sign company was having trouble keep it working..
1 night trip Oct 24, 2013
"New Super 8 in Craig, CO"
I was a little scared that I hadn't chosen well when we drove up to the hotel. Some screens were off and a light was out in the parking lot but was pleasantly surprised that the rooms were very comfortable. The desk clerk was on duty for her first night of work but she did pretty well.
1 night trip Nov 24, 2013
I have stayed in a lot of Super 8 Hotels in the past. This one was the worst. Breakfast was not good at all. Very little food, waffle iron didn't work very well, No staff tending the breakfast room. Had to look to find any bread. Room was very cold when we got there. Heater very noisy. Carpets stained. Bathroom had a couple of bugs. Holes in the wall. The building needs a lot of TLC. Also had problems checking in. Apparently my on line paypal payment was not processed by the time We got there. They said my credit card was rejected. Had to come back later to check in. Overall I was not pleased with the Hotel.
2 night trip Nov 22, 2013
Gary Graetz
Why offer smoking or non-smoking of there is no smoking at all? Room I reserved was dirty...clerk had to give us another room.
Response by Super 8 Craig
We have just became a 100% non-smoking motel. We are aware there are previous smoking rooms that still linger of smoke and we are trying to fix that problem. The renovations are not completely done, we have to wait until hunting season is over. Hopefully the new carpets will help. We apologize for your discomfort.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2013
"Camping trip"
Was disappointed in the condition of the hotel. Was not worth the price. Looks like they are investing in some remodeling but the rates were too high. There is no security system at the back entrances. Old small fat back TVs. Stained carpets in the room. Won't stay there again.
Response by Super 8 Craig
Yes we are still very much in the process of renovating. The renovations had to end because of booking up for the hunter's coming in. There will be new carpets, and other updates within the next few months. Sorry for the disappointment.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2013
Warren
"Old but clean"
Clean, convenient, breakfast could have been better.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2013
Rooms a little tired but the staff were very helpful
1 night trip Aug 1, 2013
"Never ever"
I got dirty room, bed was messed up, dirty towels in the bathtub and cigarette smell in non-smoking room. I requested room change and got one in a better shape, fortunately. However, the overall experience was disappointing, regardless of the price which indeed was not high.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
"Craig"
Best room for the money!!
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
Roger
Just as I expected. They improved the overall cleanliness and customer service. Staff were pleasant, descent breakfast.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2013
Lila
"Excellent Value"
Very happy with the stay. No issues at all.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"Plesantly surprised"
I got such a great deal I wonder if it was for real. I blew in during a wind storm. The lady at the front desk checked me in quickly. My room was nearby. I opened the door and wow, it was everything I needed. I watched TV and fell asleep. I woke up refreshed, ready for my motorcycle ride in the back country.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Older hotel, but great stay."
The hotel is in fair condition and honestly I was skeptical at first. It wasn't a 4 star horel, but for the price, it was an okay stay. They serve a breakfast which was cereal, waffles, bagels and juice. Again, for the money, I think it was great. The rooms were clean and the location was quiet.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2013
lkridgway
The rates at Rocky Mountain Inn were OK, as I used the Inn just to sleep. The manager was awesome; she answered all my questions and even allowed me to find information on her computer. Breakfast was great, too. The one problem that I had was the deep smell of cigarette smoke which permeated our room. I probably won't stay here again, as the smoke odor spoiled my experience. The smoke issue won't erase the kindness shown to me as I stayed overnight at Rocky Mountain Inn.
2 night trip Apr 1, 2013
Liz
"Disappointing"
I travel quite a bit and not that pickey on my night stay but will not stay here again. The most important thing to me is a shower and there was no cold water and only boiling hot water. Also didnt feel very safe when my ground level room had a window that did not lock and the stick was not long enought to keep it all the way closed
Other trip Dec 10, 2012
"Value on a budget"
This hotel is very dated. The price was good so we thought we would give it a shot. Hot breakfast in the morning starting at 5am was nice.
Other trip Nov 13, 2012
Justin
"A place to sleep!"
Everything was OK I even stayed and extra night!
4 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2012
Very nice , quiet stay. Good continental breakfast. Thanks.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2012
G. D. Nord
"OK for a cheap night stay"
Hotel looks very run down from outside could use a lot of TLC. The room was clean and had new flat screen TV , new refrigerator, new microwave. The bed was good. Did not use shower or tub. Hot water was hooked up to stool which was weird. Seemed like a waste of hot water. The price of room was much better then the other hotels around. Check in was quick and checking out was good. The continental breakfast was good had many choices, waffles, sausage, eggs, yogurt, toast, juice and coffee.
Other trip Aug 28, 2012
"OK for the price"
Overnight stop on our way from Rocky Mountain NP to Dinosaur NP, 80 miles to Dinosaur and last major town before getting there going West. Room seemed overall clean but the carpet looked really old and stained and freaked my wife out. Lots of maint issues like leaky faucet, bad toilet handle and screw holes in the wall. Beds were well used but comfortable. No atmosphere in the breakfast room whatsoever but the staff did provide a better than usual assortment of hot and cold breakfast items. Would stay again on my own but probably not with family.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2012

"Good for an overnight stay"
Clean- convenient location off the highway. It was fine for an overnight stay as it had everuthing needed in the room; the bed was comfortable and cloean. However, there were no facilities-exercise room or hot tub ; wifi was on and off.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
glen

"Super-comfy bed"
It's been a long time since I slept in such a comfortable bed in a hotel. The only thing that wasn't so good was that the A/C unit was too loud. Unfortunately it was too hot not to use it, though. The staff was very friendly and took care of every wish.
Response by Super 8 Craig
Thank You for taking the time to review us. We are currently upgrading and hope to see you on your next visit!
2 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
TLR
DE
"Bon hôtel"
Bien dans l"ensemble mis à part que la chambre m'a été facturé de nouveau le jour de mon départ alors que j'avais déjà payé à expedia ... Le personnel à l'accueil avais l'air perdu, il nous a dit qu’effectivement nous avions déjà payé mais ... Je vais faire une réclamation auprès d'Expédia.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
IT

TripAdvisor reviews for Super 8 Craig

"The Motel Blues"
05/17/15 Lorin G Saint Louis, Missouri
I had made reservations for this motel with specific requests. Those requests were not honored. My wife is handicapped and cannot do stairs. This motel cannot honor such a request, because steps must be used to get to any room. The beds were in sorry shape. The middle portion of both beds in the room collapsed. We wanted to turn on the air conditioning unit, but only the heat worked. After such a night, we did not even want to attempt the hotels super start breakfast. The desk clerk was so clueless. She had little interest in any motel guest who entered he little domain at the front of the Super 8.
"Not so super 8 Craig"
05/04/15 Daniel B Grand County, Colorado
The hallway smelled like animal urine, however the room was fine and clean. "Breakfast" was totally unacceptable - cereal but no milk, tea packets but no hot water, coffee cups, but no coffee, waffles and butter, but no syrup. There were packaged cinnamon rolls, but nothing else, nothing fresh, no fruit, no nothing. Dirty "room" (it looked like it had formerly been a former laundry room) for breakfast, hadn't been cleaned for a while - not the place you'd want to sit down and eat. There was a tv in there, so while you are eating your dry cereal without milk you could watch the weather channel.
"Great inexpensive motel"
04/15/15 Cynthia H Milliken, Colorado
This is an older property, and some wear is showing in the bathrooms, BUT everything is functional, clean and the beds are super comfy. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the breakfast is ready early. we have stayed 3 times recently and will be back soon.
"Ms Thang."
04/07/15 RSI-Chris Salt Lake City, Utah
Front desk girl seemed very "friendly". Not with me but with some trucker guy who wouldn't take no for an answer. At least stop smoking long enough to help those NOT trying to get in your pants and I'm happy. The place was clean enough with maids there at all hours. I'd stay again.
"Not again"
03/18/15 Patrick H Ranchester, Wyoming
We will not stay at this motel again. The carpet was dirty, the room was smelly, and in order to run the heat during the night this loud fan had to run full time. When we complained at check out the desk person was indifferent. The price was ok and this motel may be better suited for some of the working people that support the mines and what not.
"Great place"
02/01/15 cynthiah754 Milliken, Colorado
The staff was awesome, very helpful. The room we booked wasn't what was it stated, but when we checked in she explained the difference, showed us 2 rooms to choose from, both equally nice.
"Hunting in December"
01/04/15 375edwardh Littleton, Colorado
The property was better than it has been in the last 12 years. The manager was well above expectations, she went many extra miles to make our stay better. Our truck broke down and she was very helpful.
"Craig Super8 hosts are super"
11/19/14 MacPoole Arvada, CO
We've stayed at this motel before, under a different name. The Super8 standards are being made to improve the value and experience. New LED TVs, upgraded showers, and paint all around are truly wonderful. Best of all is the staff and management. From the first moment of arrival, we were asked how they could help us. Through many ways and deeds, we felt the Super8 Craig had to be the friendliest place in town.
"The hotel has been updated with new paint, decor, and tv's..."
10/21/14 bencY695VR Morrison, Colorado
The hotel has been updated with new paint, decor, and tv's for the most part. That said, the bathrooms could use a pretty good overhaul. Also, our room was next to the breakfast room and was fairly noisy because of it. Not a bad super 8 though and the staff is friendly.
"For The Price, It Was Okay"
09/28/14 carolyn h Kansas City, Missouri
Stayed here after leaving highly recommend motel due to the extremely hard beds. This room was 20.00 less expensive. Granted the motel needs some major "redo" but our room was very clean, comfortable beds, microwave, coffee pot and fridge, Plus, two comfortable chairs. There was nothing special or fancy, just a clean decent place to sleep, with our dogs. Except one other guest, took all the ice to fill their huge ice chest.