All hotels in Shelbyville, Indiana, United States of America

• Value for money
    Clean
    Room is all right
"Dirty Room"
Arrived at Hotel about 10 pm and was looking forward to a rest after traveling all day. Room was not ready for us. Sheets were dirty, bathroom was dirty. Spoke to the front desk and they sent people up to change the sheets. We were so tired we didn't care about the other items. We spoke to to Donna the Manager upon check out the next day and she promised to take care of us. She sent me an e-mail the next day saying she would not charge us for the room and had notified Expedia since I had booked the room through you. Paul Rine
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Room was clean and well equipped.good infom ration on restraunts.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2015
JERRY
"Nice 2 night stay."
We attended a conference in Shelbyville Indiana and we decided to get a hotel in the same city. We were not disappointed. Slept well and breakfast was good. Would stay at this location again.
2 night business trip Oct 7, 2015
joyce
"3 star"
The hotel was nice,service people very nice and helpful. The room was clean but the AC quit the first night but they fixed the next day(still not right),a broken bulb in a lamp (they gave me one to replace it)the TV did not work at first and very slow after it was on!
3 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
Johnny
Good stay
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
"Fine for a quick stay"
Quick overnight. Bathroom is getting older, but was clean. Eating options limited, McD or Texas Corral.
1 night business trip Sep 1, 2015
Had a great nights stay and staff very friendly
1 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
"Great nights sleep"
Nice, friendly staff, clean rooms. The beds were amazingly comfortable. Would definitely stay again!
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"A Good Night's Rest"
The hotel staff was very kind. The hotel was under construction renovation. So it was a little dusty in there. My room had an odor to it. Other than that, my stay was fine and I would give the hotel my business again. They were quite accommodating to me.
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
Kristopher
"Stay here"
One nite,no problems, good sleep, thank you
1 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
"Something nice for a small get away"
My experience was a good one with my family. It was a short trip from our home, but yet it was a fun time to be out of town. It was a good stay, except the beds were a little hard for our comfort
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Dennis
Cheap hotel but a little out of date. Needs a remodel or something to jazz it up.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"cold pool"
Was dispointed that pool was cold. I won't be staying there again.I will book at comfort suites instead.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
Theresa
"Good stay"
Good stay, good breakfast, good location, comfortable bed.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Overall, a good hotel. Breakfast is edible. Typical for most complimentary breakfasts. Staff is nice and seem to try hard. Clean, easy to get to. No hot tub so kids dont like the pool in winter. Good value.
5 night family trip Dec 4, 2014
Randy
The room was very clean, fresh, and well stocked with towels, coffee, etc.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"clean but noisy"
Hotel was very clean but beds were uncomfortable. Didn't get much sleep due to a lot of noise coming from the bathroom in the room above us. Ever time the toilet flushed it was very loud in our room.
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"Shelbyville"
The hotel was very clean .The staff was so so nice. Will stay there again.
2 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
Emma L.
"Travel stop over"
Good for overnight stay while traveling. Near highway, but also near town with some good restaurants.
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
Priscilla
"One night stay"
We stayed at this hotel for one night in mid-October 2014, on our way to Wisconson from North Carolina. We found our second floor room (there are three floors) to be clean, comfortable and nicely maintained. We did not use the small indoor pool but are sure that had our grand kids been with us, they would have had a blast. The complimentary breakfast was nice, with make-it-yourself waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage and the usual assortment of cereals, rolls, etc. In summary, we would definately stay at this hotel again.
1 night trip Oct 8, 2014
VERY GOOD, WE LOVED THE PILLOWS
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
MARY ECKEN
"hot water"
older but nice hotel. Needs some cosmetic care. Had very little or no hot water in the morning. we were on the 3rd floor. Told desk clerk and he seemed surprised.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"last night of vacation"
Everything was good. Hotel wasn't busy, pool was clean, no complaints
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2014
it was wonderful, the young men at the front desk did an excellent job making us feel comfortable
1 night trip with friends May 10, 2014
La tonya Peterson
Our room was ok and we were put in that particular room because we had a dog. When we walked in the room smelled really heavy of cigarette smoke. We told the front office, but they did nothing about it. The shower when u turned it on made a horrible screeching sound during the whole shower, we also made the front office aware and nothing was done. Couldn't leave your pet in room, so we took her down to lobby while we ate in shifts and we were told to wait outside. Very unprofessional. Donna is the manager and they didn't offer to call her or get someone to talk about our experience. Very disappointed since that is my hometown. Will not stay there again.
2 night business trip May 30, 2014
"Very happy"
The hotel was great, the personnel very helpful. The bed was a little bit worn - it tilted toward the middle - but still comfortable enough. We'd stay there again.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2014
NC travelers
"comfort inn"
Very nice place to stay. Like the fact there is a mini fridge in the room. Very great weekend.
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2013
stephen
"Clean,comfortable room"
Very much enjoyed my stay. room clean and comfortable and nice sized.
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
"We loved our room it was very spacious and clean."
Great location. Very quiet. Large beds we had two no complaints
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Rhonda and Bud
Good basic hotel. Nothing fancy but easy to get to, decent breakfast!
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Angie
"Half way to our desniyation. Gatlinburg tn"
Very quiet and nice and clean. We wanted some place to the grand casino and this was perfect
1 night trip Apr 30, 2013
Ruth erstad
"Enjoyed stay"
The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fine. Just what I needed for the night.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2013
"Over all it's a good hotel"
Room was clean and staff was friendly but little things like the little bar in the bath tub enclosure where you hang wash cloth was gone ?? The staff not being at front desk at check out time .. Had to wait like 5 minutes why she came in from outside smoking with housekeeping I've been to this hotel a lot in the last few years and this is the worse I've seen it ... And we came thru lobby about 1 or 2 am and some guy running his guitar and lobby smelt like my college dorm ???
1 night trip Mar 1, 2013
Our trip was most enjoyable, friendly service and a clean room will stay here again
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013

"Thumbs Up"
Stayed on a visit to Indiana Grand Race Course. Staff was friendly, room was comfy, shower had good water pressure. Wifi wasn't great but that was the only problem.
1 night trip Oct 24, 2015
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn Shelbyville

"GRANDDAUGHTER VISIT"
02/04/16 badych newburgh, in
great location, great staff, check in and check out very smooth room was wonderful bedding great. parking was close pillows are the best they give you a choice on comfort. we had 2 double bed, nice size
"Very Good Stay"
01/04/16 Sootsgd Brownsburg, Indiana
Wife, our friend and I were going to the Casino for New Year's Eve and decided to get a room to avoid driving home on what can be a dangerous evening. Check in was quick although they have you sign different liability statements regarding pets and no smoking which was odd but not too upsetting. The room was very clean I guess they had a recent remodel. Only one ice maker which is in the first floor of a three floor structure. Not very convenient. We had a double room. My wife has a bad back and did not like our bed. Friend had no problem with hers. Free breakfast but it ended at 9:30. I wish it were open a bit later till 10. I caught the tail end as they were putting things away. We were in room 221. All-in-all it was a good stay.
"Very comfortable, great breakfasts, friendly employees, comfortable bed"
09/27/15 ralzie Rindge, New Hampshire
We only stayed one night as we were traveling, and were very pleased with our stay. Bed/pillows were comfortable, room and hotel clean, with no smells; water, juice, coffee and yogurt available 24 hours in lobby. Breakfast was good - pre-made omelets were fine, muffins, yogurt, muffins, juice, coffee, etc. Brittany at the desk was very nice - recommended Don's Pizza for delivery (we did not have a car and only restaurant we could safely walk to was McDonald's) - pizza and soft-serve ice cream very good, delivered to our room. They have an arrangement with a fitness center with a pool next door. A/C was a little noisy - always on and off - only drawback.
"Visit on 9/22/2015"
09/23/15 Bob B North Georgia
All in all the facility is nice. It appears to being still under remodel. Our room was nice but the walls still have some noticeable 'holes' where something 'used' to be. Even had spackle showing. I guess it will get painted eventually. The A/C worked well and it is nice you can have the fan on continuous; that is helpful in any hotel to help 'white noise' any exterior noise. The bed was comfy and the had more than ample pillows. The exterior of the facility was nice also. Again, all in all a nice stay especially for the good value in pricing. The water pressure at the shower head could be better though.
"The staff make this a pleasure"
08/26/15 LurchLouisville Louisville
The hotel itself is very nice and being updated. But what made this such a nice place to stay is the staff. They went the extra mile to make you feel welcome. The rooms were a nice size and very clean. The hotel was quiet and easy to get around in. I will stay here again. In fact we are making plans for a mini vacation do to their kindness.
""Second time stay""
08/07/15 86MissyJ Wheelersburg, Ohio
Convenient location off I-74, this is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. The staff was nice and friendly and our room was nice. Had another nice stay at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone who would be in the area.
"Would stay here again."
07/13/15 jhd28 US
Outside of hotel looked really nice when we drove up. Checked in and asked Emily, who was at the front desk, if a certain restaurant was good and she gave us free appetizer coupons to the restaurant which we thought was very nice of her. Rooms were nice. Pool was nice. Right now they are remodeling a little and the wallpaper was torn down in the hallway - which we didn't mind at all - its always great when a hotel remodels to make it nicer. There was no noise from any workers the next morning to wake us up either! We got a really good deal on the rooms - we usually pay around $89 - $100 at Comfort Inn and this one we paid $68. Breakfast was good - there were cereal, donuts, bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, waffles(regular or cinnamon), sausage patties, eggs with cheese in them (like omelets), coffee, water, milk, apple juice, orange juice, bananas, apples, oranges and oatmeal. Was really good and FREE! Checked out with Beth and she was nice too - let us know that the USA Today's were FREE! I would stay here again if I'm ever in the area!
"Clean & Comfortable"
07/06/15 MJK41 IL
Inexpensive, convenient location, no frills, comfortable beds, clean, quiet, pleasant staff. Good stay. We'll stop here next time we pass this way. Only decent restaurant we could find was at the nearby casino. Smoke-filled gaming areas but smoke free restaurant.
"Average at best!"
06/09/15 DeadOn Indiana
I will start by saying that the hotel is under renovation. I get it, but maybe do it in phases and don't tear up all the hallways and lobby at one time. The place looked horrible and I spotted suspect mold above many doorways. We initially were given room 312 and it clearly had mold above the doorway (see photo). Walked in a the room and the smell of smoke just smacked us in the face. The room was also incredibly hot. We couldn't handle the smell and the pleasant front desk (Olivia) manager gave us a new room. This room did not have any issues. The next problem was their breakfast. We were in a hurry in the morning but the milk that they served (in cartons) was expired. I know this because I about threw up after taking a drink. It was the June 6th and it expired on the 6th. There were others staying in the hotel as a part of our team that complained their milk was chunky! That's right, chunky! I had no time to complain and had to go. The next morning we (went to local) Bob Evans instead of hotel breakfast, but checked the milk before leaving. It had been changed but it's expiration date was June 12th. That's cutting it close on dates folks. The internet was somewhat spotty and I constantly had to reconfigure my wifi connection. The indoor pool is very small so if others have the same idea to swim, it fills up quickly. I believe they can fix these things but our experience was not good.
"Friendly"
06/05/15 Phil R
Friendly hotel. Under renovation, didn't mind the remodeling as it only affected the lobby and halls. Rooms were fine. Thanks for the affordable stay. May stop again on our way home. Be careful of the face soap, it has a funny residue that takes quite a while to get off.