All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

"poor"
too dirty neighborhood
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Elena
Hotel staff very professional and courteous. The location was not great, had to do quite a bit of walking, other than that, the visit was quite pleasant. Breakfast was good also.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Great place to stay at! Small rooms but that's New York
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Perfect Location For The Javits Center"
Room was clean. Priced fair for NYC. Just what we needed for our weekend ~ a comfortable place to sleep/shower. Staff extremely pleasant.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Second stay this year; no major issues"
This was my second time staying for a convention at Javits this year. Once again, no major complaints. The area immediately surrounding the hotel isn't great, but it's the closest hotel to Javits by far, and it's only a ~15 minute walk to Penn Station, Times Sq and a boatload of good eats. The hotel itself is clean and comfortable. The rooms are tiny, but that's New York for you. Do make it a point to stay on one of the higher floors; noise can be an issue thanks to the nearby train tracks.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
"Poor maintenance"
We stayed there 4 days and the only elevator was broken everyday.
4 night business trip Nov 29, 2014
"Overnight Stay in the City"
Went to the city for a concert, hotel close to MSG and had everything needed for a comfortable stay.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
The hotel was a very nice place and the hotel staff was very courteous and professional.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Doug
"Fine basic accommodations"
Fine basic accommodation for one person, very close to Jacob Javits convention center. WiFi Internet very slow. An auto repair / taxi leasing garage was across the street and was quite noisy until very late. Trains pass close by. Horse stables (for carriages) in the next block but they keep the street fairly clean and there was no smell, so it it was a nice novelty. Breakfast was convenient and good.
2 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
Ralph
"Managed to get by ."
Hotel was OK , not the best but for a 2 day stay it was OK. Would not stay again. Cost did not justify quality.
2 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
RONALD
"Near Convention center"
Great stay!
1 night trip Nov 1, 2014
"Only as a last resort."
Elevator did not work first day, room had too much furniture for such a small room terrible neighborhood
3 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
"Quaint hotel in an ideal location"
The Best Western Convention Center is lovely. It can feel a little isolated, but if you have an event at the Javits Center, you couldn't be in a better location. It's also within about a 10 minute walk to the 42nd Street Port Authority Subway Station. The staff was made up of some of the best people I've ever encountered in New York. Everyone I met was friendly and accommodated my needs.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Hotel staff was great! Room was cleaned but too much noise from the outside.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Small rooms next to the train."
Small room for the price. The hotel is situated next to the train. Disappointed for the price.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Emily
"Closest and cheapest to times square"
Neighborhood seemed more sketchy than it really is. With a garage across the street, horse carriage overnight stable, and train and tour bus overnight parking there was a lot to contend with. Staff exceptionally nice, room exceptionally small, but cleat and well appointed.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
Pardo
"Best western review"
Went to comicon,hotel was a block awat from the convention,breakfast was okay.They had scrambled eggs and a few other things but sausage or bacon would have been nice.
3 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Would never recommend"
Very rude manager,rooms smelled,toilet not flushing and so on
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Most Convenient Hotel to Javits"
Most convenient to Javits as well as Penn Station, so no cab needed when taking a train to go to a convention. Price OK given it's Manhattan. Neighborhood doesn't have much to offer but proximity to Javits makes location ideal. Only one elevator, so a bottleneck at busy times.
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
"Clean, quiet and close to the convention center"
I stayed here for a convention over at Javits, and had no gripes with the hotel as a business traveler. They let me check in at 8am the day I arrived, so I just dropped my bag in the room, freshened up, poured some coffee and off I went. I stayed on the 11th floor. I had a surprisingly nice view, it was dead-quiet at night, the WiFi worked fine and the bed was clean and comfortable. The rooms are fine, apart from a few dings in the drywall from people banging their bags around. They are indeed small, but that is extremely common in NYC and just comes with the territory. Breakfast is breakfast. Anyone who has stayed at a Choice Hotel or Best Western will know what to expect here. I will be staying here again in a few months for another conference.
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
Hotel was ok location wise. Only a $10 cab ride from Grand Central station. But rooms are way over priced for the size they are. Place was fairly clean though and service was ok.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Good for a an overnight solo trip"
Other than the unsolicited 4:30am wake up call my stay was pleasant, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The views from the room are not good and my room was right next to the subway/train and I heard the horn loud and clear as it passed by several times.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Ann
"Find someplace else to stay!"
Worst experience I've ever had in my life. Filthy outside. AC didn't work. People there for this business trip requested to use the bathroom and were ignored. Rooms were cram packed with furniture so large, you had to literally walk sideways to move around. The manager was the absolute rudest person I've come across in the industry
"DONT STAY HERE!!"
I will NEVER go to this hotel, ever ever ever again. Worst experience ever. All employees, with the exception of 2, didn't speak English. This hotel is racially employed.
Antoinette
"Decent hotel for the price"
Nothing fancy, but blocks from javits center, a few blocks from port authority and 42nd st subway
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
m
"Absolutely the worst hotel, by far"
The outside was filthy. So much litter & trash. I noticed that the manager was Asian. Every employee (with the exception of 2) were all Asian. They didn't speak English at all. The AC didn't work, extremely hot. Furniture was so large you had to walk sideways, literally. This is suppose to be a convention center, it's not. I was told I could use the lobby to get my models ready for a show, since there were no convention rooms. That morning, I was told they changed their minds. I had to scramble for another hotel to do what I needed. Customer service is sincerely the worst I've ever seen.
Ann
"HORRIBLE"
Don't stay here. Was in town for a Javits Center show and it was a terrible experience. Dirty and unprofessional.
4 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Great location but small rooms"
We booked a stay here for an event at the javitt center, you can't beat the location and parking is right next door. The room was extremely small, I think my wife's closet is larger but hey you only have to sleep in it. If you are spending any amount of time in the room, don't stay here, you will be claustrophobic.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
Rob
Be aware that the WiFi Internet service is very slow (not even DSL, let alone cabel modem), and subject to failing connections. Also, the beds are lumpy. But at least it's close to the Javits Center, if you are attending an event there.
2 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
wj
"Close to the Javitz Convention Center, but..."
The hotel staff were excellent. The room was clean and in good shape. If attending any conference or show at the Javitz center it's definitely conveniently close. The only thing I did not like was the noise at almost all hours of the night due to the 24 hour taxi cab repair shop located next door. If you have a room facing the street, you hear it loud and clear.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"satisfactory"
Lot's of good food for breakfast. Room small but clean. Ghetto neighborhood but felt relatively safe. it the mornings, I had to walk in the street to the convention center because the horses were being showered on the sidewalk on one side and a bum was showering on the side walk on the other side. Awkward but not a deal breaker.
4 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"38th Street"
The hotel was good enough to come back for my sales trips and I will do so. The street however is not for the weak. Horse and taxi garages, some homeless and very messy with trash. Loud bus, courier and cab noise. The taxi garage across the street is open 24/7 it seems. However you can't beat the location as long as you can deal with NYC noise and traffic. When I say you can't beat the location I mean proximity to midtown and everything NYC. The location itself is actual not very flattering.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Darren
The customer service was terrible. The rooms were disgusting. There was hair stuck in the paint of the hotel bathroom and the toiletries that were provided consisted of a bottle of shampoo and a cloth to clean your face. No soap. No conditioner. The breakfast was decent, but nothing to rave about. We were traveling with a group in the city and told that since the hotel was under reconstruction, we would have to leave all of our bags by the doors in the hotel lobby.... we ended up carrying things with us as it was more secure. Checking out was a complete hassle and took 30 minutes causing us to be late for the rest of the events that day. They cause you to sign for each room upon check in and again upon check out. DO NOT STAY HERE.
1 night business trip Apr 3, 2014
Courtney
"mold smell"
the bedroom is nice, staff nice, I like the location and it is overall very nice for the price and for NYC. The problem was with the air conditioning - if it turned off couldn't stand the heat, if turned it on I couldn't stand the mold smell. I felt sick from the mold smell coming out of the air conitioning. other than that - it was all very good
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Close to shopping"
Nice hotel but rooms are too small and they charge extra if you want a fridge. Something that's standard in other hotels
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Pros and Cons of hotel location"
Pleased to find a Best Western in NYC. Complimentary hotel breakfast was great and rare in NYC. May have reconsidered booking if I knew about the proximity to Amtrack railroad tracks.
1 night business trip Jun 28, 2014
No complaints. Just wanted to send my honest review.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
k
"Nice hotel, close to convention center"
The hotel is clean and well maintained, but it is somewhat older. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast included bagels and freshly made scrambled eggs, along with cereals, toast, yogurt, and decent coffee. It's a short walk to the Javits center, and a 15 minute walk to Times Square. I didn't notice any restaurants in the area, but I wasn't looking. I did see a McDonald's a couple of blocks to the south. Overall, I thought it was a good value for Manhattan.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"everything was fair."
Service was good. Workers very polite. Breakfast wasn't bad. Room is small and expensive, but that's just NYC. Not bad overall.
3 night romance trip Jun 12, 2014
"Great location to Javits Ctr"
We were exhibiting at the Javuts convention center and this location was only a block away! Hotel was clean and the staff was so courtesy and helpful! Eric was especially helpful with my packages that needed to be transported. I would stay here again next year when we goto the conference. Also Times Square, subway station, great restaurants are only 5 mins walk! Great location!
3 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
Sue
"Diamond in the Rough"
Pros: this hotel is amazingly close to the Javits Center - it takes about 3 minutes to get there. The staff was wonderful, the water pressure was perfect (on the 10th floor!), the WiFi was reliable (on the 10th floor!!), and it's close to lots of restaurants. The lone elevator was even fast. Can't complain. Cons: the room is very small but average for NYC. It was clean but rather shabby (need new comforters!!). There are train tracks right next to the building but the train didn't run at night, so it's not much of a worry. Delighted that the NYC horse carriages are washed in the morning, right next door. All in all, we would definitely stay at this hotel again.
3 night business trip May 28, 2014
Terri
"Its filthy."
There was construction going on but this material aspect was undisclosed to me while I was getting my bookings done through Expedia for which I have both Expedia and the hotel to blame. I had a terrible time. The rooms were very small and the air conditioning in New York's parching sun did not work. I had my parents put up there who had come for my graduation. They had a disappointing time and I felt bad for booking this hotel. I am never going to stay in any Best Western Hotel.
Other trip May 22, 2014
"OK rooms - refurb mess in lobby"
The recebtion area in a total mess during refurb. The breakfast restaurant was tiny and untidy; people had to stand up and eat as there just weren't enough tables and chairs and the area was simply filthy. The room was fine and ok in size for a NY hotel in this price segment.
1 night business trip May 1, 2014
"Small hotel in quiet area"
The hotel is in an area undergoing revival … the price was more affordable than most … so I had low expectations, and was wonderfully surprised. The lobby was undergoing construction during my stay … but the staff was wonderful - courteous, helpful, very pleasant .. and the room was spotlessly clean, bed linens snow white, bed covers new and cheerful. Room was small … but perfect for one person. Room was quiet from city noise … but there was the sound of ship horns in the harbor, and horse's hooves, as the Central Park horses are stabled nearby: good sounds. The tv is big … but a very limited selection of pre-determined channels .. so if you have to have HBO, or PBS, or other valued stations, you are out of luck. Theatre district and Chelsea are a good NY walk away.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Lily
"great price but tiny room"
The hotel was the right price but the rooms were so small. For the 1 night it was good but not for a long stay.
1 night romance trip Apr 1, 2014
Tamika
"very good staff & rooms"
I had a conferance there and the staff was very polite and if u need something they got it for u. When I was leaving they were getting ready some small construction projects.
5 night business trip Mar 31, 2014
chet
"decent but not perfect"
room was on the small side but we didn't plan on spending too much time in the room when we had a city to explore. the front desk staff was friendly enough, and the continental breakfast was pretty decent and you could really fill up before heading out to see the sites. my only complaint was that the toiletries provided was ONLY shampoo and a body lotion. NO CONDITIONER. We traveled light and did not bring any shampoo or condition expecting that the hotel(s) we stayed at would have the prerequisite items. hotel is nice for a quick stay, but wouldn't recommend for anything longer than three days.
4 night family trip Apr 1, 2014
tina
"Great location to vist Jacob Javits Center"
Room to Javits Office 6 minutes! So if all you need is a place to sleep while you are at Javits Center its the best deal. The staff was attentive and tried to assist in my requests for individual needs. Got a quiet room as requested and early and late cleaning services as I had a non-traditional event schedule at Javits. Room was decent sized, not like the usual hole in the wall you find in most smaller hotels in the city. Bed was very comfortable, bathroom was normal size, linen could be a little better but was fine. Free breakfest was about the normal basic items. Day Manager takes time to know all guests and make sure they are enjoying their stay. Would use again when Javits center is focus of my stay.
3 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
"Hotel convention center near times square."
Tiny rooms, scary neighborhood, expensive. But I guess that's New York for you. Great continental breakfast with waffles and eggs. For the most part the staff was friendly and helpful with directions and tips for navigating the city. Made several trips to Times Square fifteen minutes away on foot. Subway within six blocks and great pizza two blocks away. Could see the Hudson River and the Freedom Tower from my room. Overall feasible, bring lots of money.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
N.M.
"Good in a pinch"
The room was small and the breakfast was ok. It was an okay hotel for a last minute reservation. I wouldnt repeat.
Other trip Mar 5, 2014