All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here522 W 38th St, New York, NY, 10018, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Small hotel in quiet area"
The hotel is in an area undergoing revival … the price was more affordable than most … so I had low expectations, and was wonderfully surprised. The lobby was undergoing construction during my stay … but the staff was wonderful - courteous, helpful, very pleasant .. and the room was spotlessly clean, bed linens snow white, bed covers new and cheerful. Room was small … but perfect for one person. Room was quiet from city noise … but there was the sound of ship horns in the harbor, and horse's hooves, as the Central Park horses are stabled nearby: good sounds. The tv is big … but a very limited selection of pre-determined channels .. so if you have to have HBO, or PBS, or other valued stations, you are out of luck. Theatre district and Chelsea are a good NY walk away.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Lily
"great price but tiny room"
The hotel was the right price but the rooms were so small. For the 1 night it was good but not for a long stay.
1 night romance trip Apr 1, 2014
Tamika
"very good staff & rooms"
I had a conferance there and the staff was very polite and if u need something they got it for u. When I was leaving they were getting ready some small construction projects.
5 night business trip Mar 31, 2014
chet
"decent but not perfect"
room was on the small side but we didn't plan on spending too much time in the room when we had a city to explore. the front desk staff was friendly enough, and the continental breakfast was pretty decent and you could really fill up before heading out to see the sites. my only complaint was that the toiletries provided was ONLY shampoo and a body lotion. NO CONDITIONER. We traveled light and did not bring any shampoo or condition expecting that the hotel(s) we stayed at would have the prerequisite items. hotel is nice for a quick stay, but wouldn't recommend for anything longer than three days.
4 night family trip Apr 1, 2014
tina
"Great location to vist Jacob Javits Center"
Room to Javits Office 6 minutes! So if all you need is a place to sleep while you are at Javits Center its the best deal. The staff was attentive and tried to assist in my requests for individual needs. Got a quiet room as requested and early and late cleaning services as I had a non-traditional event schedule at Javits. Room was decent sized, not like the usual hole in the wall you find in most smaller hotels in the city. Bed was very comfortable, bathroom was normal size, linen could be a little better but was fine. Free breakfest was about the normal basic items. Day Manager takes time to know all guests and make sure they are enjoying their stay. Would use again when Javits center is focus of my stay.
3 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
"Hotel convention center near times square."
Tiny rooms, scary neighborhood, expensive. But I guess that's New York for you. Great continental breakfast with waffles and eggs. For the most part the staff was friendly and helpful with directions and tips for navigating the city. Made several trips to Times Square fifteen minutes away on foot. Subway within six blocks and great pizza two blocks away. Could see the Hudson River and the Freedom Tower from my room. Overall feasible, bring lots of money.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
N.M.
"Good in a pinch"
The room was small and the breakfast was ok. It was an okay hotel for a last minute reservation. I wouldnt repeat.
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
It was snowing and our bus got cancelled so it was a last minute hotel deal but it was gud and ok to the money
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"Not bad for the price..."
Thinking about Manhattan I think a little over 100/night is not bad at all. The hotel is in a little isolated area but I feel safe almost everywhere in NY.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
Gracie
"cramped and not welcoming"
I let the hotel know that I would be arriving in a wheelchair that was 26 inches wide. When we tried to open the door to our room, the door would not open wide enough to allow my wheelchair to enter. we had to return to the front desk and they needed to get another employee to move one of the full beds aside so that my wheelchair fit into the room. My fiancé had to climb on the (know moved aside) bed so that I could bring my wheelchair into the room. The beds came with a very uncomfortable and impossible to use thick foam mattress cousin that I could not get up from without assistance. The desk clerk showed us the TV by turning it on for us and we could not figure out how to turn it off, so we unplugged it from the wall.
1 night trip Jan 15, 2014
Rodney
"Good Location - Affordable"
We only stayed for a night but I must say the beds are awesome (Tempur-Pedic). The only thing I wish they could do is to update the Continental Breakfast area. It was very cramped especially on the Sunday morning that we were there. Other than that it is only a short distance from Times Square and I suggest trying out the Scallywags Irish Pub only two blocks up on 9th Ave between 38th and 39th St's.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2013
Jack
"Everything nice except..."
I did enjoy my stay, but I didn't like how I wasn't informed that I had to pay 100 deposit until I got there, which I couldn't decline because I wouldn't be able to get a refund if I decided not to agree. Now I'm overdrafted in my account because it has not hit yet. I also didn't like how people were staring at my boyfriend and I as if we were aliens like we didn't belong there. I was looking for something that I lost in the room and my boyfriend decided to check out while I was in there but we called and informed them which one of the workers said it was perfectly fine. When we both came back down a few minutes later another lady stopped us and said we needed to check out. We told her what happened, she looked at her watch, and was said "well, you're supposed to check out when all of your stuff is with you," and gave us a hand gesture to leave as if she was dismissing us like children. That was completely uncalled for. It was our first time there and I don't book rooms often since my boyfriend books them when we travel, but I know that I would not want to go there just because I felt like the majority of the workers did not make me feel welcome.
1 night trip Dec 25, 2013
Andrea Brown
"Bad hotel looks horrible ruined my Birthday"
Bad condition room too small they ruined my Birthday bad customer service they chabged the door lock and we had to get another card
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
"Better than expected"
Wasnt expecting much....but the staff had excellent customer service. Hotel was comfortable and clean. If u can only live with luxury not the place for u. But it was clean, tidy and convienent. We were able to walk everywhere. Not close to much, but if u are a walker good place for price.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Trace and Cru'
"Great location, room small and broken."
Location of the hotel to the Javits and Times Square is great. Also the staff there was tremendously helpful! Our double room was VERY small. Barely an area to walk around each bed, and opening the bathroom door meant almost hitting another bed. Also, two of our lights didn't work, and our TV stopped working halfway through the visit. Someone came and had to plug it into a different outlet, but still felt like it was a hassle. If you can get a deal and won't spend a long time in your room, this place isn't bad.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
"close to where i needed to go"
I enjoyed staying at this hotel.. everything was clean and was ready for me before my check in time. also they keep my luggage for 6 hrs so I could go to the Jarvis center with out taken my luggage the day I checked out. staff was great and helpful.. the road work at the time was not fun waking up to but not hotels fault..
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
tabertha r stone
"Birthday Trip"
Got this hotel due to bonus from hotel.com. Originally a little nervous about the area but it was fine for 2 people. For NYC, the double bed room was great. It was a comfortable bed, adequate size room and bathroom. Hallways tiny but not a problem. The included breakfast was adequate. Staff friendly and helpful. Only issue is there is a railroad right outside. It can be noisy during day but we did not hear anything after 10PM and slept fine. For us it was relatively convenient to megabus stations and Times Square theater even though we did alot of walking. We broke it up by restaurant stops. Actually enjoyed the interesting area and restaurants on 8th and 9th streets.
1 night trip Oct 8, 2013
Mary Ann
No complaints here. Room was clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast had a good variety of choices. Hotel allowed us to leave our luggage there on check-out day until we left town in the evening. Would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 14, 2013
"Pleasant"
I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Everything was good, all the staff was nice and polite. I didn't like the fact that it was close to Lincoln Tunnel (quite noisy).
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"Decent hotel close to Chelsea Piers"
We were treated very well by the hotel staff, although very irritated when Housekeeping tried to open our door at 8 AM even though we had our Do Not Disturb sign hanging on the door. The bedspread was filthy but the rest of the room was clean if not in the best condition (tub was all scratched up and room could use new wallpaper). Overall I would say 3.5 out of 5. Good price for what we got.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Claire
"Great Staff"
Not a 4 or 5 star hotel as far as cosmetics go but the staff there are phenomenal. Very kind and helpful.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Decent"
I traveled for 10 hours, then arrived to a friendly staff. The check-in process took about 10 minutes too long and all i wanted to do was take a bath and the stopper was ripped out and just lying in the tub...needless to say, no bath. Not my ideal stay. Espcially for what it costs to stay here. Breakfast wasn't served until 7am and my meetings all began at, or before then so i can't review it. Overall C-
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2013
"Close proximity to sights in New York & small room"
This hotel is what you would expect in New York. Small and expensive. The room was barely big enough to unpack a suitcase. The breakfast was pretty decent, and the hotel was clean. They say they validate for the parking lot next door, but I received no discount after I showed the validation. Overall not a bad experience, but could have been better.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2013
"5/19/2013 Business Stay"
Overall the hotel was ok. The location in close proximity to the Javitz Center was great! Price was ok, and room was comfortable. The King size bed was great, with the typical small 1' area to walk around it. The furniture was arranged a bit bizarre, making the room smaller than it really is. The air conditioning worked perfect. Bathroom was lge enough with a decent size sink and counter. It had a large screen flat tv, but with only a handful of channels. For being a fairly new hotel, the workmanship was terrible. For example the outlet cover did not completely cover the hole in the sheetrock, sloppy painting on the walls etc. Not many restaurants nearby, and a walk to almost anything. Staff although friendly, were not very professional in manner. All in all not a bad value if your are going to a convention nearby, the Circle Line cruise or the Intrepid Museum.
1 night business trip May 19, 2013
"Convenient to Javits Center"
Very close access to Javits Center, and not far from Penn Station either, made it a good choice for going to a conference in the city.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2013
"Good basic hotel in sketchy part of town"
This was actually a pretty decent stay experience for the price. The location is not the best unless you are attending an event at the Javitts convention center, as I was. Business travelers should beware that the hotel wifi is painfully slow and the desk chair (at least in my room) sits too low from the desk to make it a comfortable working space. The breakfast was basic but quite good.
Other trip Apr 21, 2013
tc
"Just what I needed for a night"
Room was quiet, clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was lacking but did the job. Would stay again.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2013
Mrgrayinc
"Dumpy hotel"
This place is located next to Javits, so it is convenient if you need to access the convention center. Other than than, it is far from most things, is located in a beat up neighborhood, the building's overall appearance is sub-par. The room was fine, and the bed was one of the space foam mattress so it was comfortable.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2013
Mat
It would have been nice to have had a pool in the hotel. And the ventilation would come on briefly even though the register was shut off. That was not too pleasant in February, but at least it came on only briefly. Otherwise, the continental breakfast was appreciated and the location, only a couple blocks from the Javits Convention Center, could not be beat.
3 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2013
This hotel was convenient to Penn Station & Madison Square Gardens (where we attended a concert) and also had arrangement with shuttle to JFK. Breakfast was also good. Room comfortable.
1 night trip Dec 5, 2012
"Decent property"
If your intentions are to be a traditional tourist, this may not be the best location unless you like long walks or getting places by taxi. Nearest subway is 40th and 8th (though some lines are actually on 42nd accessed by underground d tunnels in station). Property itself is decent. Staff is friendly. Rooms are on NYC smaller side though furnished well. If your room is on the street side, be advised there is a 24-hour auto body shop directly across the street. There may be noise depending on the repairs getting done.
2 night business trip Dec 5, 2012
"Can't beat it for the price"
Clean room, safe area, you will pay double the price for a room just a few blocks over.
2 night business trip Dec 3, 2012
"Good Sized Room Near Javits Center"
We have stayed in VERY many hotel rooms in NYC over the years. The rooms at the Best Western are a little larger than average. Furthermore, we had two comfortable beds. There are no frills here, like there are in the more expensive hotels in NYC, but this is exceptionally good value. The Javits Center is a half-block away and there are two markets one block away in the opposite direction. There is a very good restaurant one block away and a local deli will deliver to your room 24 hours a day. We would stay here again for functions at the Javits Center.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
"I was happy with it."
So convenient to Javits. Not too far from Time Square. Clean room. I'll stay here again next year.
Business trip Oct 7, 2012
"Convenient, actually slept!"
Not what you'd call luxurious in any way, and looks shabby from the outside, but if you actually need to get a nights sleep before working, its perfect. Literally less than five minutes walk from the Javits, and a great restaurant at the end of the street, felt safe as a woman traveling alone. Breakfast is basic but helps not to have to go out to eat before work. Needs updating and theres a rail line next to it, but the trains didn't seem to start running until after 7am, so if you have to go to work it doesn't matter by then.
Other trip Aug 24, 2012
Paula J
"Convenient to Megabus"
Very satisfied with this hotel. Efficient, pleasant staff. Comfortable beds. Good breakfast.
Other trip Aug 10, 2012
Maureo5
"Great Location for Javits"
Literally a block away from Javits Center. Perfect for business travel if you don't care about being in a tourist area. However, it's still easy enough to walk to more scenic areas or even Times Square if necessary. No issues with outside noise, even with a room facing the nearby auto repair shops.
Business trip Jul 26, 2012
"NOT GREAT"
THE ASSISTANCE GUY WAS VERY RUDE. HE DID NOT ASSIST ME WITH MY BAGGAGE, BUT WAS RUDE IN HIS MANNERISM. THE HOTEL OVERCHARGED ME. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE. MY ROOM WAS NOT CLEANED TWO DAYS. WOULD NOT EVER GO BACK TO A BEST WESTERN HOTEL
Other trip Jul 23, 2012
QUEENIE

"Great staff"
Hotel was good in general and staff were excellent. Location good for our needs.
4 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Anthony
"Choose somewhere else if you can"
If it's only to rest your head for 1 night, well maybe. But any longer than this, please consider somewhere else to stay. Very small, overall appearance - dingy. In the middle of nowhere. As I say, 1 night only , if you have to.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Convenient Hotel"
Convenient hotel, 10 minute walk from Times Square, close to USS Intrepid. Not luxurious, but perfectly acceptable. Staff were very helpful, we had a problem with the room which was dealt with efficiently and we were given an upgrade at no extra cost. Would recommend to friends.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Sue
"NICE VACATION"
We are fully satisfied.
2 night family trip Oct 5, 2014
RENATO
"Comfortable"
If you're out and about and need a place to sleep in, this hotel is for you. Comfortable and clean. I like the breakfast. A bit of a walk from the subway. You also hear the noise from the train and the garage across the street.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
Kay
All staff were excellent! Breakfast 3 out of 5, coffee good; location within easy walking distance of Circle Line Cruises and Intrepid. Hotel has only one elevator. Shampoo supplied but no conditioner. Tiny room - one side of king bed against the wall; taxi service-garage directly across the street made it very noisy at night; horse livery stable within 100 feet - strong odors. 4-5 people living and sleeping on the sidewalk in same block as hotel.
4 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
Harlan
"Poor Choice of Hotel"
I have paid less to stay at other Best Western Hotels as well as Days Inn and got better service. For one there is no fridge in the room, the room is too small and there is no parking. I will not recommend that hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Manhattan.
2 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"quiet"
too small rooms, rude front desk manageress, need more people to work at hotel
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Dilrukshi
"A good budget hotel, although some external noise"
Although the hotel is a bit off the beaten track, I found it perfectly clean and comfortable. The only drawback I'd mention is that I was in a room opposite a 24-hour garage (the type where cars are fixed) on 38th St., and the noise of some very noisy machinery could be heard at times, including early in the morning. Ear plugs were definitely in order for me to to be able to sleep properly. Breakfast was fine, and although the dining area was small, at no time was there insufficient space for those who wanted to use it.
3 night trip Jun 16, 2014
GH72
"Near times square"
My husband and i stayed there for 4 nights in May and we would defenatly go back
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
spooner
"City break"
I don't intend to spend a great deal of time in my room. I want safe clean and secure....it absolutely was. Don't be influenced by google earth. It's exactly what a city break needs. Good filling breakfasts too
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Tiny hotel lobby AND under major renovations"
Room so small the bed was touching the wall and air con unit and was left with 3ft on the other side. Bed cover was dirty. I am sure better places can be found in same area for same price.
Other trip May 12, 2014