All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1585 Calle Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93405, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A small hotel with personality"
This small hotel was definitely owned by folks that actually put up lights outside to decorate for the holidays. It made it feel like home. We had some problems with the heater but overall all the other accommodations were great and we would definitely stay here again. Someone said it was right next to the highway but we didn't really notice any noise. We had a nice glass door to the outside that went out onto a little porch area.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2014
"One Day Stay"
We were visiting San Luis Obispo for just one day and stayed in this hotel mainly because of the excellent price. The hotel is a little old but everything was just fine and the staff very good. No complaints.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Dennis
"Nice stay. Great staff."
Overnight stop traveling from northern California to L.A. Comfortable and quiet. Would stay here again.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2014
JEFF
"cost-effective comfort"
I had a bit of difficulty locating the place, as the road loops around strangely. Once I got there I found the staff is very friendly and helpful. I stayed in two different rooms-- both had items in need of repairs, but were otherwise comfortable--for the price, a good deal.
2 night trip Dec 26, 2014
"A great place for an affordable weekend."
The hotel is older but was very clean and comfortable. Nice bedding and towels. Staff was also very accommodating and friendly. It was nice to have the diner on the same property and location is convenient to the freeway. You can hear some noise from upstairs but really wasn't bad. We will definitely stay again.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Appearances can be deceiving"
At first appearances the hotel didn't look that great. It was the ugly duckling of all the hotels in the area. But the outside was maintained very well. Even the rose bushes had been cut back. That was impressive. The room was very modern and enjoyable. King bed was good. Wi fi was good. I would probably stay again especially for the price.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Philip
"Comfortable & Clean"
I enjoyed the room so much that I stayed another day! The staff was attentive. My initial room had not been serviced; so the awesome clerk assigned me to another room, even offering to help carry my bags.
1 night trip Dec 16, 2014
Wanda O.
"Christmas time with Family"
So glad to have chosen Rose Garden Inn. Very clean, very comfy spot. Beautiful grounds. Everything we needed for our little vacation. Very friendly staff.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
GrammaPatticake
"Comfortable vacation"
We had a great time. Room is big and spacious
2 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
Purificacion
"Great access"
The Rose Garden is a old Hotel. You can here everything that is happening above you around you. A cheap place to lay your head.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Best price. And decent room"
Wouldnt take family here or even a date. Needed a place to stay. Was better than I thought and served it's purpose. Would stay again if I was traveling alone
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
me
"Business trip"
Room was nice, bad was really comfortable.
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
"Good enough"
A little funky, not the most comfy beds, but clean, cheap and great hot tub / pool for kids.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Rooms are aged, but friendly and no bedbugs"
It was a hotel that was cheaply priced, let's make that clear. You do get what you pay for and this hotel certainly does show its age. Despite the stains, cracks and tears on anything that could have a stain, crack or tear, this was a comfortable hotel. I loved how it is pet friendly and Smelled fresh. The hot tub certainly does draw more attention because it is beautiful. OH, and the best thing about the hotel, no Bed Bugs.
4 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Joshua
"Good Slo lodging to stay"
Location is convenient and nice definitely stay here again
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
"good"
I've got good rest there.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Pavel
"Simple, nice for a one night stay."
Maintenance man let me in hot tub early in the am - very nice. Older hotel that is clean and easy to get to. Beds were comfortable. Quiet and easy. The parking lot fills up so get there on time or early. In the area of lots of other hotels. Staff was friendly and cherry.
1 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
Dr Tim
"Adequate"
This place is ok for a stop over. Beds are hard. There was no coffee maker in the room had to call and then the pot wasn't the right one so it leaked. Needs upgrading. Staff are friendly. Definitely no frills.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Ruth
"You get what you pay for"
The hotel is fine for the price. Outdated carpet. Very basic amenities. The tub in the shower was cracked, but it was clean.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
SLO parent
"Good for a place sleep the night."
The location is easy access to the freeway and with in walking distance to a coffee shop that has pretty good food. The refrigerator froze our food/drinks; the "patio" is a stepping stone outside the sliding glass door so you have to work your way across grass and through rose bushes to get to you car from that access. We did not use any of the amenities so cannot speak to them. The coffee in the lobby was good. We understood that we paid 20.$ pet fee when booked - had to pay an additional 20.$ to check out and initially would not give a receipt until spoke with the manager (by phone -told she was offsite). So clarify when booking and get it in writing. The young lady who checked us in was quite personable, the young man who checked us out did not seem to had a solid understanding of his role/responsibility in that he could not answer questions as related to the additional pet fee.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"a good value for the San Louis Obispo area"
The hotel was clean and comfortable although the plumbing in the shower leaked and was in need of repair. Staff were very friendly and the pool and hot tub were nice. It would have been nice to have even a small breakfast included.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
Good. Wish there's free breakfast. Good sleep. I will be staying there again.
jd
"Staff was bad but the rooms were great"
The grounds were beautiful. Hotel is small but the layouts are great. Great for small weddings.
"Just plain old."
Employees were fine. They didn't explain that a dinner meal was included in the stay. The place had an "Old" smell to it. The sink was clogged also.
"Value Lodging"
The hotel is right next to Hwy 101 with traffic noise and the area did not invite walking around. The room was clean and comfortable but dated. The hallway odor was definitely old. But the bed was comfortable and the room clean.
2 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
CYNTHIA
"Pretty darn good!"
rooms were big. bed was comfortable (that's most important to me). room was clean, of course some touch up to visual appeal is needed (such as rust stains around tub faucet).I liked that there was a small sink outside of bathroom, in addition to the one in the bathroom. They have a really great large hot tub with a very pretty rock waterfall feature. It was quiet. Close to the freeway and all the stores, restaurants. I enjoyed my stay I'm not picky, as long as it's clean and in a good area that's what I look for.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
I like wine
"Great value for the money"
This is my third stay while passing thru. For its age the motel is in remarkably good condition. The pool and spa are nice. And despite the priximity of the freeway and other businesses its quiet. Only negative is no breakfast but most motel breakfasts suck anyway. Its also not walking distance to downtown but all the malls are nearby so depends on what you want.
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
"Worth the stay"
It was perfect for a quick stay. Clean, comfortable and close proximity to the highway. Staff was very supportive and accommodating. Plus the price was right, especially for San Luis Obispo which can sometimes be very pricey
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Ryan
"Rose Garden Inn Stay"
It was a good place to stay, we didn't spend much time in the hotel. An elevator would have been helpful. The two front desk people we encountered were super friendly!!
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"Bathrooms in bad shape, but polite staff."
I had to change my reservation through hotels.com with a penalty. I called the hotel directly and they waived the penalty. When we got to do our room the bathtub and the shower ran simultaneously and the tub would not stay full. The toilet kept running unless you jiggle the handle just the right way. The bathroom tile and sinks and bathtub were damaged and discolored and rusting. We requested a new room if while we were gone for 4 hours the maintenance could not be performed properly. We also requested a call to let us know if we would be getting a new room. We never got the call and when we arrived back after normal hours we found that the repairs were not made and did not receive a phone call. We also noticed the message light flashing on our phone. We called the office and said that there was an error in there was really no message. He said we could get a new room the next morning. We got our new room the next morning and found that the tub would not stay full and the bathroom tile sink and tub was in poor shape. Twice more that same day we found the message light on the phone flashing with no message.
4 night family trip Oct 29, 2014
MITCHELL
"The bed"
Sleeping accommodations was the best I've ever had (even beats the Holiday Inn Express). I always gauge a hospitality suite by the bed comfort so what more can I say. Except: The SLO party atmosphere even claimed this place when University of Irvine golfers started partying after going to sleep and my wife got up, put on a robe, and marched out into the corridor to tell them to be a little more sensitive to us senior citizens that are trying to sleep. She called the front desk, but even though all guests must sign a pledge honoring the peace and quiet rules (or else asked to leave), nothing was done. At least they got the idea and moved there celebration behind closed doors.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Gerald
We came to town to see our son at Cal Poly for parents' weekend. Our room was a great price and I felt lucky to have a room when everything else in town was booked or too pricey. The property is clean, but a bit outdated. I found the front desk staff to be very friendly and helpful. The room was fine, but the fixtures in the bathroom need to be replaced. The whole place could use a facelift. The location is a little out of the way, but there's a diner next door with HUGE portions and small town atmosphere. The location is just a few minutes away from campus, but you definitely need your car. There are other, nicer, hotels in the same area, but they come at a cost. We were not in our room much, so the quality wasn't as important on this trip. I would stay again under the same circumstances.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
Shellie
"Go somewhere else."
I will never stay in this hotel again. There were weird stains on the sheets the blanket had holes in it. I also found a stray hair in the bed. The other hotel guests were loud and not considerate of early morning hours and sleep for other guests. If I didn't have a early morning meeting the next day, I would've checked into a different hotel.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"Clean and neat"
The Rose Garden Inn was clean, very dated, the rooms have very little sound barrier so you can hear what is going on in the rooms next to you and below you. I probably would not stay there again but it is a convenient location. The pool and spa are very lovely. The restaurant next door is very good, the service and the food are excellent.
2 night trip Oct 24, 2014
"Nice hotel, very old"
Asked to be near Cal Poly, we weren't. Overpriced for age of hotel.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
This hotel has a much rosier description than it deserves. The guests we saw loitering out in the parking lot or hanging out on their balconies gave the impression that they were long-term guests or residents at the hotel. It had the feeling of being more like a dormitory than a hotel.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
"Great hot tub and pool"
Wish I had had more time to spend in the hot tub with the beautiful rock waterfall and the swimming pool. Was on a business trip, so not actually at the hotel very much. The rooms were very clean, nothing fancy but serviceable. The staff was very friendly. Would stay there again if I was back in SLO.
2 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
"Dated hotel with a nice pool"
Passing thru from Solvang to the bay area.
1 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2014
kerstin
"Overpriced, needs remodel"
Located among all other motels, end of strip; a little difficult to find where to enter the parking; quite run down building as well as parking lot. Pealing off wallpaper and unfitted carpet on the staircase, no elevator (2-story building); quick check in/check out; room clean, restroom needing remodel, blankets to be replaced- looked like they had been in the smoking room and had bunch of holes reminding about that; room was quiet, with view on the spa and pool- looked nice (did not use it) The place was more expensive then I would pay for this quality of the room, but we stayed there on Saturday night...
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Jadwiga
"Drain Flies"
There were fat, gnat-like flies coming out of the sink drain. Kinda yucky. Inn is old, looks like last renovation was in the 70's. Fridge and microwave are a huge plus, but we didn't use them.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Was charged an extra $332!!!"
They charged another persons room to my credit card and didnt tell me. When I complained they kept denying that they had done it. I had to spend a lot of effort in recovering $332 back from them. It has been resolved but the front desk guy didnt even tell the manager he had done it.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
The place was a worn out dive. Poorly maintained
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
"Depends what you're looking for; Pros and Cons"
Pros: $80 plus tax on Sunday night. Renovated, comfortable and clean room with comfortable beds. Microwave & refrigerator in rooms. Half of the hotel still under renovation but noise contained away from other rooms. Very large swimming pool. Very large hot juccuzzii lit up in colors in evening. Picnic tables and ample outside furniture. Center ally located: CalPoly, hospital, downtown SLO, 5 Beach Cities & Morro Rock within a few miles. Plenty of parking. Cons: pool not heated and has a gash in the deep end. Bathroom small, tub shower. No breakfast, not even continental. Located off the 101 and Los Osos Rd. Requires driving short distances . Staff just so/so. No manager on site aside from regular business hours.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Awesome stay"
Was not expecting what we got for the price. it was a great room bed was comfy. Hot tub was gorgeous at night. Definitely would recommend it
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
"A Few Isssues with Rose Garden"
The room seemed clean enough and the new TV and furniture (with a frig) were nice. But-a major problem with our room was the air conditioner. We had a two double bed room, and the air conditioner was extremely close to one bed, and blew directly on the face! . It was so bad and so uncomfortable. We needed the air because we were on the second story and it was a hot day. Also, the hall ways smelled so bad- like terrible cleaning products. I was cracking up at the 1960's faucet that hasn't been replaced in the bathroom. We paid over $130 for one night, I guess because it was move-in week-end at Cal Poly. We will not return.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Worst place I've ever stayed in!"
Very old motel with no charm. Maintenance and care seems to be low priority. Carpet was ripped in several places. Bed was so uncomfortable that my husband and I both suffered from back pain. The bathroom smelled like a sewer. Ran out of toilet paper and towels. Very chincy on both. Small room with no walking space. Antiquated wall cooler and heater that was noisy. Asked the clerk if she could move us, but she said there were not other available rooms. When I checked out, I let the front desk know that I was not happy with my stay. Also told front desk, that we had asked to be moved on the same day we checked in, and were told there were no other rooms. When front desk checked, there were other rooms available. We did get a small refund, but would have been happy to pay for full amount, had our stay been pleasant.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
claudine
"Good for a quick one night stay"
Was not impressed. Only nice feature was the large hot tub and waterfall.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Sandy
"That itchy feeling....."
We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. The first appearances are not good and as we walked through the halls to get tour room which was on the second floor(no elevator) it seemed like a seedy motel. The room didn't really shock us it matched the appearance of the hallways. The bedding gave you that itchy feeling. The bedding blanket and covers was old. Some new comforters and sheets would be a tremendous upgrade. The beds were queen size which was nice. The clientele was mostly workers from what I could see and some pretty creepy individuals were hanging out smoking. The staff was friendly. Thankfully we were only in the hotel just to crash for the night. Funny thing was we were about to go to eat breakfast at the diner connected to it when like 30 inmates went in for breakfast lol . The rates were cheap and the reviews when I looked seemed favorable but I guess you get what you pay for. If you a looking for a cheap hotel you wont be disappointed....but you may want to pay a little more and get something nicer especially if with family.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"great pool"
Great hotel and good value. Huge pool and spa. Large clean rooms.Large fridge and microwave in rooms. Well located in SLO. Near freeways but not noisy.
5 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"Good for the price..."
My stay was less than twelve hours; just an intermediate stop on my way from New York to Cambria for the G4 Experience. My flight landed after dark, and it was a fairly quick cab ride to the place. Nice clean room, complete with a fridge and a microwave. I chilled some water in the fridge, used the Wi-Fi to check up on some things related to my trip, and went to bed. First thing in the morning I headed back out, and the desk clerk let me use the house phone to confirm my rental car. A short stay with no time to enjoy the pool (or meet the hot girl at the desk in the pictures), but the room was clean, the pillows were comfortable, and the staff was helpful. A good show for the price.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014