All hotels in Pomona, California, United States of America
3801 W. Temple Ave. Bldg. 76, Pomona, CA, 91768, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Hidden gem!"
First of all, the address listed for the hotel itself is the address for the college. No idea why, but the front desk was VERY helpful in directing me to where they are actually located. The hotel itself is on a hilltop and was very clean and pleasant. You don't need to deal with excessive traffic or noise, which makes that a plus. Yes, the employees are mostly hotel management students, but I thought they did a fantastic job with everything. As a matter of fact, they are MUCH better than standard hotel workers. Definitely plan on staying here again when I'm in the area!
1 night trip Sep 21, 2012
Kat
"Good value for the money"
I had chosen this hotel because of the low price and the quiet location. It was definitely a good deal for the money. It's a little bit outdated but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was spic and span. There was plenty of room to set up my laptop and work, and each room in the building I was in had either a patio or a balcony, so you can open up the sliding door and get some air. The only down side was there weren't enough electrical outlets for all of my electronics that had to charge overnight, but I pulled out the dresser and found a multi-plug adapter back there that I was able to use in a more accessible place, so problem solved. I would stay here again if back in the area. It's also within a mile drive of two major freeways.
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
Pam
A nice hotel and would definately stay there again. Much nicer than I thought it would be after reading some previous comments. Very convenient to be on campus. Tasty hot breakfast served.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2012
Sally
"HIGHLY RECOMMEND KELLOGG WEST!"
The Staff at Kellogg West is professional, courteous, and very knowledgeable. The rooms are well kept and fully stocked. Excellent continental breakfast!
Other trip Sep 17, 2012

"Nice hotel in nice area"
Stayed for two nights, area is very nice. They provided great hot and cold buffet breakfast.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Great Location and Value"
The room was quite adequate with a fridge and coffee maker in the room. The rate was very reasonable. The best part was the buffet breakfast included in the price. Driving up to the hotel you pass through a working farm with sheep, pigs, cattle and horses. The kids loved it.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2013
MX
"Great spot if you're off to the Pomona Swap meet"
Nice place to stay. A little difficult to find but quiet and good value. Clean and recently renovated with great showers. Located in the middle of a University complex, it's worth going to the produce store that sells the best strawberries ever! Lots of takeaways close by too.
1 night trip Jan 12, 2013
"Kellog West Conference Center"
Very helpful staff always ready to go out of their way to assist, nice quiet location
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
"the hotel"
we really liked the hotel but the location was not on our GPS we searched for it for acout 15 minutes until we called them.overall nice hoetel' great breakfast
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2012
IL

"Hotell i Pomona"
Helt greit hotell, men ikke lett å finne da GPS adressen var en parkeringsplass til en campus.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"overnatning"
meget svært at finde,gps skriver ankomst midt på hovedvej.mangler skilt til hotellet,da det ligger midt i et kæmpe uddannelseområde,en del støj fra toge og biler.
Other trip Apr 28, 2013
søren
DK
"Lugnt och trevligt"
Fint hotell att slappna av på lite långt till restauranger
2 night trip with friends Oct 13, 2012
3 night business trip Mar 19, 2013
1 night trip Nov 9, 2012
1 night trip Oct 19, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Kellogg West Conference Center & Hotel

"It has so much going for it, With a little tweeking it could be perfect."
08/02/15 31066 San Francisco
Our daughter goes to Cal Poly Pomona. Kellogg West is ran by the students there in the hospitality program. We first stayed there during orientation 4 years ago. My husband and I both have bad backs and they have tempurpediac like mattresses. We never wake up with sore backs. Over the 4 years it has became harder and harder to get a room. I stayed there for a month straight 3 years ago, they put me in the "Hill side rooms" We now call that "Spider Alley" There were spiders everywhere. I slept with the lights on. After that we always ask that we not be put in Hill side rooms, but that is all they have anymore. They updated the main rooms and I don't know if they now save them for wedding guests, staff or event guests, but they always say they are full. We have stayed there over 90 times in 4 years but there is no loyalty program to help us get assigned to the better rooms. "I hate Hill Side". There is never any other guests in that section besides us. The rooms are dated, Hill side has handicap rooms so they only have very outdated showers. It reminds me of a cruise ship bathroom, but it works. It is very scary getting to the hillside rooms. There is hardly any lighting and its is very steep steps through a spider infested vine covered jungle. They need a lot more lights out there. They have a nice breakfast that is included with the room. The food is very good and the staff are very friendly. If you have no problem with spiders and roughing it in an outdated old hotel room for $89 then I do advise staying there. Most people do not know about it and so there is usually a "HILL SIDE" room available. I bet the wedding packages are very reasonable and they get the good rooms. I would consider them for a wedding.
"Descent and convenient place, but not the best customer service"
07/21/15 rmb0487 San Jose, California
The hotel is convenient for parents who have students at Cal Poly Pomona. However, it is difficult to make reservations. They often do not answer the telephone and do not return emails. The rooms are dated and sometimes things are broken in the room. The breakfast ends quite early, so we have often missed it It will continue to stay here, but wish the customer service was better, especially since it is part of Collins College of Hospitality.
"RUINED OUR WEDDING NIGHT"
06/26/15 ramballa Los Angeles, California
What happened that early sat morning was pretty upsetting. We just got married, spent a lot of money to get married there, and we expected to spend the night at our hotel without no complications. We arrived there sometime around 1am and I went to the front desk and asked for my room key. They explained to me the situation that one of the doors was not opening because it was locked from the inside. When I tried opening the door with the first set of keys given, both of them did not work. I called and let them know and they told me to come back and get a new set of keys which I did. I had to leave my wife by herself so I can go back and get another set keys for the door. I tried using the key second time around and one of the keys flashed green when inserted but did not allow me to open the door. I had to call the front desk receptionist to let her know that the key was not working again. Then at that point thats when she had told me that maintenance wasnt coming in until 6am. We told her thats not acceptable and she said shell send campus security over to us to try and open any room that was available to sleep in, which made no sense because Karen had no clothes to change in to since her belongings was in the honeymoon suite room. My Wife at that point was cold, did not want to wait any longer, and just wanted to go home (this is close to an hour of waiting trying to get in to our room) we did not expect this to happen after the happiest day of our lives. By the time campus security showed up we were in our car ready to go home. Whats even worse is when we tried to check out the next day, they had packed all her belongings in her hotel without her consent and had it waiting for us at the front desk. We found that very disrespectful, rude and unprofessional. There should of been a courtesy call to ask what time we were checking out. She had under garments, toiletries, wallet and purse in the suite that no body else should of seen or touched. They were put in a black plastic trash bag which made her feel as if it was trash. Our check out time at that hotel was not till 12:00pm and we were at 11:15am to grab our belongings. We asked to speak to a manager that Saturday during check out but they said there's no manager on weekends.
"Kellogg West at Cal Poly Pomona"
06/15/15 Patricia H Sun Lakes, Arizona
We recently attended a computer conference at the hotel & conference center. The sleeping rooms were adequate. Nothing special. The patio screen door was completely off the track and was fixed within hours of reporting it. The bathroom is extremely small. The toiletries shelf is less than a foot wide which isn't much room for "stuff". I put mine on the dresser and gave my husband the shelf. The conference center is very nice. It's down a floor with wide stairs or a small elevator. There's a large outside patio with tables & chairs as well as a conversation area inside with lounge chairs and tables. There's also an area designated for conference registration. A breakfast buffet was included with our room rate and it wasn't anything special. Better than going somewhere else, of course, but it was well stocked with sliced fruit, potatoes, bacon, sausage, toast and pastries; scrambled eggs; cold cereal and oatmeal. Coffee, juice and tea were also available. The buffet choices for both lunch and dinner were excellent. Over the weekend they included salmon, pulled pork, shrimp fettuccine, mahi mahi, assorted salads and vegetables. The convention center & hotel are hard to find since the campus is so spread out. Not all GPSs can find it, but there's a good map on their web site.
"Well Priced, Quiet, Dated Rooms"
05/30/15 Luvtosafari Los Angeles, California
Hotel is part of Cal Poly Pomona. We had to be at the school for a function and this hotel is the most convenient. It's located up the hill from the main campus. Check in is in the main lobby where the restaurant and conference facility is located. Rooms are further up in a separate motel style building. Location is very quiet when school is out and first floor rooms have a outdoor patio, not enclosed. Second floor rooms have a small enclosed balcony. Staff are students at the hotel school there. They are friendly and nice. But competence is inconsistent. Rooms are on the small side and furniture is quite dated (10+yrs). Hotel recently did partial upgrade, add memory foam mattress topper to bed, updated tiles in bathroom and refurbished tubes. But rooms are dark and very few electrical outlets, had to unplug a light to charge my devices. But hotel is very well priced at ~$90-95 a night, includes free buffet breakfast. Alternatives (Shiloh inn) are not much better. The only nicer hotel option is Sheraton Fairplex, 20 mins away and pricier. Also, this hotel is not pet friendly. So it's ok for the price, but nothing to rave about. Convenient if you're in the area.
"Kellogg West Cenference Center & Hotel....A Good Choice"
04/08/15 iAirTravel Long Beach, California
The area, housing, food and staff very nice. The staff is informative & helpful, always extending extra information and help. The lounge and the educational rooms are bright and cheerful with plenty of room to move around. The cafeteria is spacious, again with a friendly staff. The best part is the buildings are on a site surrounded trees, plants and flowers, a country feel, all very nice. I will be returning next year and looking forward to being there.
"Would never go back"
01/17/15 imatravelor
1- my room smelled like barn. No joke. I left the patio door open for 3 days to air it out. 2- Breakfast was exactly the same each day, no variation whatsoever. Scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon. Food was cold. Service wasn't very good. 3- room quality was okay but they didn't get my room cleaned until after 1pm one day. 4- loud guests in the courtyard. It carries. Overall, location is great if you have business on campus but otherwise no way. Even then I'd probably stay off campus and drive in.
"WHERE IS IT?"
10/20/14 OniramSamoht Southern California
The address to this place is NOT 3801 W. Temple Ave., Bldg 76, Pomona, CA 91768-2557. The physical building is on Horse Hill Drive (34.056423, -117.82599) which is closer to University - NOT Temple Avenue. Good luck finding this location at night, as the campus is poorly lit, the signage is not lit at all. Called to get directions, nice gal on the phone had no sense of direction. The room itself was ok. Clean. Good value.
"Good value for the money!"
10/16/14 LH L San Mateo, California
I most recently stayed @ Kellogg West on the Cal-Poly Pomona campus on Sept. through evening of Sept 10, 2014. I had a room that overlooked a lawn & trees which I truly enjoyed. That scenic location had me feeling like I was away from all the commotion of the surrounding freeways & the "main drag,". The staff was extremely accommodating to my needs, issued the required parking permits for me and some vistors who came for the day. The food was not quite as good as it used to be. Some of the equipment in the fitness center needed repair. I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 6 years. I recommend requesting a room NOT in the Hillside building, and either facing this lawn or facing the pool. I get the rate for parents of students, and have to say it is a very good deal!
"Good value and convenient access"
08/06/14 lizwhiz Silicon Valley, CA
Overall I would say Kellogg West is a step below Best Western or Holiday Inn. However, I would stay here again as it is conveniently located next to Cal Poly and the breakfast is much better than the above mentioned motels. Depending on the rate you get, it can be slightly cheaper too. Location is on hilltop on the Cal Poly Pomona campus with pretty views. Easy access to 57 and 10. The hotel is run by the school's Hospitality Management college so you are being their guinea pigs. There were no issues with that, I found the staff very professional. The rooms are a bit dated and have popcorn ceilings. They are small and have double beds. Toiletries are made in China. Room has a refrigerator. Air conditioning and comfort level of bed was OK. My room only had a shower, no bathtub. There is a pool and a small fitness room but I did not check out either of them. The breakfast buffet is the standout. Comes with eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes, pastries, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereal. The pastries taste like they come from a real bakery, not that packaged stuff The fruit is fresh, not defrosted fruit from a big Costco package. I stayed two nights and it was the same both days. Note that breakfast closes very early (8:30) on weekdays. No this is not a full service hotel, but as long as my son is at Cal Poly I will stay here again since it's such a good deal and so convenient.