All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
936 Saint Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Not good for business travel"
no closet,items left in room from previous guest, ( hair bands on the floor for 6 days)no wash cloths returned to room after cleaned, soap dispenser in the shower broke, no place to put my suitcase. I cleared off the desk and put it there. I have worked in hotels most of my life, the latest being in the Bellevue market place in Washington state. this area is very competitive so your rooms need to be impeccable I was a group sales manager and responsible for room checks every week. the hotel was very nice for a vacation hotel but not for business travel. I liked the Modern look.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Debra
"good, not great."
it took a REALLY long time to check in. there were some mishaps with the two couples in line in front of us and it took about 20-25 minutes before we got to actually check in. the hotel is gorgeous as a whole and the bar downstairs in stellar. that being said, our room was very small and not in a good/cozy way. for the cost of a night's stay, i was hoping the room would be larger and a bit nicer. all in all, it was a pleasant visit, though.
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
Dylan
"Unlikely to book again or recommend"
The overall stay, was tolerable with some exceptions. 1. The parking situation is horrid, it's only valet or hike. You also should expect to wait a min if 15 minutes on side the road in traffic before a valet employee even retrieves your keys. 2. The check in situation was horrid as well, they apparently use iPads which is nifty but not very convenient for the guest. If I remember correctly, we had two other guests ahead and it literally took around 15-20 minutes to get my room keys. Overall, you can expect to actually step foot into your room about 45 mins or longer after pulling up. I suggest some hotels on canal, comparable prices and competent staff are about. Oh, one more thing... It turns out I had an acquaintance that works there, not sure if that matters but either way DON'T EXPECT PRIVACY from the employee's or the hotel!! Several people outside the hotel with associations with that acquaintance magically knew of various personal details such as arrival, departure and whom I was with so if it's privacy you want, pay a little more with another hotel.
1 night trip Feb 27, 2015
Christopher
"Well satisfied"
Central location less than a mile and a half from the Convention Center, Bourbon st., French Market, Jackson Square, Super Dome, Lafayette Square, right beside a Civil war museum, two blocks from The National WWII Museum, nice restaurant attached to The Hotel Modern with a full bar, top shelf lounge attached to that, what else do you need. Friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms at a reasonable price. Bartender described the rooms, as the guest room at a friends house, which nails it perfectly. Basic; television, desk, coffee maker, but the only hotel shower I've ever seen with real water pressure. Minimalist, but very nice.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
T
"Less than thrilled."
The stay was uneventful.
2 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
"The best"
1 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
"Much more than I expected."
Knowledgeable and out-of-their-way helpful staff. Not a cookie cutter hotel, just the right size to feel at home while providing excellent service. Excellent food - far better than usual hotel food. I found the location perfectly central - easy walking access to uptown and downtown, trolley, train and busses outside the door or within a two minute walk if you get tired of walking or want to extend your travels. Museums readily at hand - the amazing WWII museum and modern arts museum are literally next door. I love enjoying the Big Easy at a walking pace, so this was perfect for me. No gym or swimming pools here - Go to the big guys for that. Interesting touches such as old books in the rooms and laying about - I actually started a mystery novel in my room that I wrote down the tittle and author of and will order through amazon to finish. If you want or need anything ask - they will go out of their way to help. Whoever hires for this hotel knows what she or he is doing.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
J
"Clean, nice hotel but poor customer service"
Paid a significant amount to stay here during mardi gras; was unable to check in for 2 hours due to parades. Hotel website claimed a hotel valet would be at an offsite parking garage and would direct guests to hotel, however no valet was provided; the police guarding the parade stated the hotel lied to us and there was no way to cross during parades. We had to stand with luggage and dog outside across the street from the hotel. Hotel managers over the phone stated they had no solution and just to "wait it out" or "move the barricade." Once we checked in, everything else was great. Clean room, nicely decorated. Security on site, provided wrist Bands for easy access during parades. Also no front desk staff late in evening or early morning (7am) and no one picking up the phone so made check out a bit difficult. Would pick a different hotel if you want a hassle-free experience.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Mardi Gras Stay"
This Hotel is small, with small beds, bathrooms and beds. I know it was Mardi Gras, but we where staying at the hotel , did not feel like going out , and they ran out of food. Really!? Poor planning. And there was not trash can at all in our room.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Perfect boutique hotel"
Great room, tastefully decorated. Cleaning lady did a great job every time.
2 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Juan
"Mardi Gras"
We love to stay here during Mardi Gras. You can expect to feel safe and secure while enjoying the parades out front. The staff don't bother you like most would even when you put the do not disturb sign on the door.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
rockytop
"Mardi Gras Madness"
Hectic getting out of hotel at departure time.
2 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
Pam K
Second stay at the Hotel Modern. They now have a nice restaurant/bar and another very nice bar right next door (Bellocq). Being right on the main Mardi Gras parade route was a plus and a minus -- great to see the parades up close, but bad for transportation (street car not running and taxi couldn't get more than two blocks away).
Kate
"Very nice..."
I really like this hotel. I visit NOLA frequently (more than 20 times in the past two years) and by far this is one of the best hotels. It is very nicely appointed and during Mardi Gras, a great location. Streetcar gives you access to Canal Street and other tourist spots. I would certainly recommend.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
fashion_nomad
"Great Staff; Bad Hotel"
I want to start by complimenting the staff of Hotel Modern. Everyone there did everything they could to make up for the hotel's shortcomings. That said, the shortcomings were numerous. Our room was lacking even basic amenities. We had no closet, wardrobe, or even hangars when we arrived(though we got the front desk to send up some hangers to balance on the bathroom door). Our shower had no soap, and it took 2 days to get some, because somehow the entire hotel was out. The room was so tiny the bathroom door couldn't open without smacking into the bed. And the bed squeaked so loud it was difficult to sleep, and presumably made our neighbor's stay less than pleasant as well. When the bed was made, the sheets were clearly not changed, as our clothing was folded into the bedding. The front desk booked a taxi for our trip to the airport - when we woke up, there was no taxi in sight (I have no way of knowing if this was Hotel Modern or the taxi company's fault). I wasn't expecting much from Hotel Modern - it's a cheap place to stay, which is exactly what I needed, and the quality of a Motel 6 wouldn't have elicited complaint. That said, I've preferred my stays at Motel 6.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Great place!"
Cool hotel!
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
Trent
"Nice hotel, close to the convention center."
The parade that held there around the beginning of February passes right in front of the hotel on the circle. There is a good restaurant downstairs. You can walk to the convention center around 5 blocks away. There was a descent deli on the way back from the convention center called the Butcher. There is also a gas station/convenience store across the street which sells things you might need.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"We are planning our next stay already"
This hotel was clean and pleasant. It was convenient to the parades for Mardi Gras and French Quarter. We are already trying to book this hotel for next year.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Debi
"Clean, friendly, small rooms"
I had to stay here an additional night prior to a flight, very nice staff, small hotel, small rooms, but overall very nice and clean and i would refer this hotel. It is in a odd area, between the garden district, CBD , & burbon so you do have to walk a bit to get to anything.
1 night trip Feb 4, 2015
"Comfortable Hotel Close to Convention Center"
This is the second time I have used this Hotel while attending a conference at the convention center. It is within walking distance of the convention center. The hotel staff are friendly and the rooms are comfortable. They are not too large but the shower and bathroom are roomy. If you want to iron your clothes you'll need to ask for an iron and ironing board which they'll gladly provide. There are also some great restaurants within walking distance - Cochon, Butcher and Emeril's I will use this hotel again next year when I return for another convention.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Miles
"Nice hotel, good staff"
I booked this hotel because it was close to National WWII Museum. The staff was always friendly, courteous, and helpful. The room was comfortable, although the bathroom was really small. I had asked for a quiet room and it was quiet. It faced Lee Circle which was a nice view.
3 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
TERESA
"Great stay!!!"
нα∂ α gяєαт ѕтαу!! ѕтαff ωαѕ νєяу нєℓρfυℓ. тнє яσσм ωαѕ α иι¢є ѕιzє вυт тнє ѕнα∂є ∂ι∂и'т ¢ℓσѕє ¢σмρℓєтєℓу тнєяєfσяє ιт ℓєт ιи αℓσт σf ѕυи ιи тнє мσяиιиg.
1 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
"Gooner Gras"
Didn't spend much time in the hotel except for minimal sleep and it was comfortable, the service was really good and they pointed us to good places when we needed food or drinks.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Aaron
"great hotel stay"
Overall stay was great. I liked the keurig machine in the room. Didn't have btw water in the room which would have being nice.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Ramon
"Run!"
Even After having to move rooms 3 times, the hotel staff was very accommodating.
2 night trip with friends Jan 25, 2015
"nice place"
Beds are very comfortable
1 night business trip Jan 24, 2015
harlan
"Relief after the storm!"
Stranded in New Orleans after cruise ship had 480 cabins in trouble.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Hotel near Lee Circle"
I came to do the rock n roll half marathon, and this room was close to the start of the race. Hotel is nice, lobby has very cool art, great looking bar. The rooms are retrofitted from an old YMCA but I think they have done the best job they can. The colors of the hotel are not my taste but are "artsy". The neighborhood can be a little dangerous at night, be careful if you are traveling solo!
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
"Great night"
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
"Very unique hotel."
Very cool hotel, close to Bourbon street , nice fitness room and just a overall great experience.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Love it"
I really love this place and the staff is very friendly.
1 night trip Jan 22, 2015
Alyson
"Not so hidden gem."
I've stayed in New Orleans several times but this time I was a little further away from bourbon and closer to the local spots which gave a different experience. We were right on the st Charles trolly line which allowed us to access more of the local businesses which in turn gave a less touristy and more authentic look at what the city and culture are really about. Great restaurants and small but very popular Jazz cafes were all within 10 minutes. We didn't even feel the need to go down to the French quarter to find activity.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
Ricardo
"Can't wait to stay at Hotel Modern again!"
When I was in the room, it didn't feel like I was in a hotel room. It felt like I was staying in a friend's guest room, it had a very comfortable feeling right when I walked in the room. I'll definitely stay at Hotel Modern every time I visit New Orleans, and will encourage all my family/friends to do so as well. I can't wait to go back.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
Samantha
"Great Hotel At Lee Circle"
Absolutely great locAtion close to streetcar for easy acces to sights further downtown or uptown. Walk to warehouse district ,CBd and the quarter. Amazing staff, great bar, and sleek facilities
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Nice hotel, location a little far from most points of interest.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"very nice."
It was nice, quiet clean room, veiw from the room was okay.very helpful staff. I enjoyed my stay.
1 night trip Jan 10, 2015
Joyce
"A good place to stay when in New Orleans"
We weren't in the hotel much, but when we were it was pleasant. Staff was friendly, and the food at the restaurant was great. I'd stay here again for a New Orleans visit. Nothing wrong with this hotel.
1 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
Oran
"nice hotel"
Very friendly staff that was very helpful, warm, and welcoming. Very nice room and a very comfortable bed.
1 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
"Awesome"
1 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
"Nice location, poor maid service."
Enjoyed the location and walkable to all areas, but also right on the trolley line. Didn't clean the room, make bed or leave clean towels one day. Needed trash can in room, lighting poor, didn't appear to vacuum room and or hallways.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Ty
"Great hotel and restaurant; terrible valet service"
The hotel and attached restaurant were great--all of the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. However, we had a huge problem with the valet company that the hotel contracted. We gave the valet the keys to our car, who then lost the keys, left our car unlocked on the street, kept us waiting for over an hour, and questioned whether my husband actually gave him the keys. Once he found the keys, he went back to playing on his phone and offered no apology or a comped valet fee. The hotel staff took care of the situation for us, but I would definitely suggest just parking your own car on the street or a nearby lot.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Nice placd to stay"
A nice place to stay, but heat in room did not work 100%. It was clean and bed was very comfortable.
2 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
Stacie
"Great Find!"
Very unique but wonderful hotel. Nothing about it looks like a corporate chain. The bar and the restaurant were just a unique and fun. I will definitely stay here for my future trips to New Orleans.
1 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2015
Shari
"Great location for museums, nice place"
Had a lovely 2-night stay in January. Check-in process and valet the first night were nice and smooth. Ate at Tivoli & Lee our first night because we got in late and didn't want to go anywhere. We really enjoyed the food and the service, though the prices are not for the faint of heart, we were OK with it. The order-in breakfast was very good, and more substantial than we thought it might be based on the portion sizes of the previous night's dinner. It was fantastic to be right around the corner from the Ogden and the Contemporary museums, which was the reason I chose this hotel over others. Check out was smooth as silk as well, I would definitely stay here again
2 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Claire
"Not clean"
Last guest food was still in fridge ( a plate of fried chicken). there was no shampoo and towels for one in a double room. The second day the room was not cleaned well at all in fact magazines were thrown on the floor. They were 25 minutes late on wake up call
2 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
Ginny
"Hotal"
For the price not so well if the price was a whole lot cheaper then it would have been good
3 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Great Hotel! Amazing service"
Amazing staff and service. Very accommodating to any need. Definitely can walk to bourbon street, but I wouldn't advise it at night. Cabs are selective in taking you home late at night, but we never had a problem. The area was safe enough and we got a ride back easily every night. I would definitely stay again!
3 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
Kavi
"Taking it easy in the Big Easy"
My girlfriend and I stayed in New Orleans for two nights while traveling across country and were quite pleased with the affordability and location of the Hotel Modern. While the immediate area was not extremely pedestrian friendly a very short and cheap cab ride put you right in the middle of everything. The room was extremely spacious with a comfortable bed and moderate sized bathroom. The front staff was attentive. A little tip if you do stay here you can self park your car about two blocks away in the same parking garage the valet uses for 1/3-1/2 the price depending on the day of the week. Overall we would stay here again the next time we are in the big easy.
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"room was nice, but uncomfortable pillows"
It was fine.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2015
"Nice, but a litte surprise for rollaway bed"
We had 3 girls for the Sugar Bowl. We originally were only going to be 2, so we asked for a rollaway and they provided it. They didn't mention it was $25 per night plus taxes additional, but left us a bill under our door on the last day. The property is very nice, well kept and the staff is attentive. The restaurant serves unconventional items, so not as convenient for normal meals. The bar is good, staff is really laid back so drinks can be a little slow. It took 20 minutes to get 3 beers as they were making 3 bloody mary's that took forever. All in all a good place, great for getting exercise as it's a long walk to Bourbon street.
3 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014