All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
936 Saint Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Just relaxing and perfect"
The hotel is very clean, and all of the staff were very welcoming! We even went to the restaurant and the food/drinks were so wonderful! There dinner is perfect and their brunch is beyond words amazing! The front desk was very helpful because we arrived early they went ahead and arranged to have our bags held onto and the vallet was very diligent! I will be going back soon!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Alex
"NOLA"
The light in the bathroom was out, and the maintenance man could never get it working. The toilet paper holder was falling off the wall, they never came to fix it. There were bottles of conditioner, shampoo, and body wash that were filled immediately. The staff were friendly and helpful.
3 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
lori
"Great Location, Central to Everything!"
Awesome stay!
2 night trip Apr 7, 2015
Jovoni
"I would recommend for a short stay"
The hotel was actually cute and well maintained ,walking distance from everything and on the street car line. The staff was helpful. I question any hotel not having an ice machine available and wireless was spotty.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Good stuff at Hotel Modern"
All was great. Service was great. Rooms were clean..no complaints
2 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
Ben
"Nice Stay"
My Stay was good. Room was clean and comfortable. Service was alright. Food was great.Front desk missed my wake up call.
4 night business trip Mar 21, 2015
Erin
"Couldn't be any nicer!"
Staff very friendly! Close to everything, convention center, street car ,walking distance to canal street and bourbon street.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Disappointing..."
I visited the Bellocq lounge a couple years ago when the hotel was under construction and was pleasantly surprised. I looked forward to a later visit to New Orleans when I would be able to stay at the hotel. Big mistake. Firstly, it took me 20 mins to find my room--I had to go back outside (in the rain) to walk through an ugly terrace area to get to my side of the hotel. When I got to the room, further disappointment. It was TINY, bare and plain and reminded me of my dorm room in college. Very underwhelming. There was a damp musty smell, and when I examined the bathroom the toilet seat was up and there was urine in there--ugh! I went back downstairs to complain and ask for a different room, the only one available was even smaller than mine! I kept mine since I was only staying for two nights. I indicated that I wanted the room cleaned, only the bed was made and new towels. Still garbage, old coffee cups not discarded, no refreshing of coffee and cups...I can go on. Room service was delivered in a cardboard box in a paper bag. I felt like I was at camp. I can say for sure that I will not be staying there again, nor will I be recommending it to any other colleagues traveling to New Orleans for business. I've stayed at plenty hotels in the area, so my advice would be to step it up. This is much more like a 2.5-3 star hotel.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Basic Accomodations"
The room did not have much decoration or flare. It was also quite dusty but we made do for our 3 day stay. There were several complications with our room, upon arrival, staff was accommodating.
3 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
Nice hotel with surprisingly nice and comfortable interior and décor. It's not in a bad neighborhood, but it's very close to the ramps for I-10 which are not the best to walk when gets dark. Great location if you want to split the French Quarter and Garden District. Luis (or bellman) was excellent and gave us nice tips on what to do in the neighborhood.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
Luis
"Back to college"
The room my partner and I stayed in was NOT good. We both felt we were staying in a dorm room. The Ikea furniture and the garage sale pictures on the wall made me feel I was completely robbed for what I paid for the room. The bathroom was spacious but did have mold growing on the ceiling and the cleanliness was very poor. We took showers with the shower curtain open just in case. Thank goodness it was only for one night. We will never return and advise others to spend your money elsewhere.
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
Nicholas
"Good to great"
Great service, rooms need updates.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
""Modern""
Older building that was remodeled with a Modern feel. Small room but no issues. A coat of paint and nice linens actually goes a long way. The Hyatt was full so I rolled the dice with this hotel. After visiting the Hyatt, the Modern rooms were nicer. Nice restaurant and bar downstairs. Lacking a pool if that's your thing. I'd stay there again. I would not stay there with kids. Business or couples only.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
biz travel
"Quick trip"
The hotel location was ok considering I arrived by Amtrax it was within walking distance. The French Quarters was also within walking distance that was a plus. The hotel room it self was small for the money I paid, I probably would not use this hotel again.
1 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
Phelesa
"7th floor looking @ Lee Circle"
Bed seemed lumpy, options for parking was valet $40 or park 3 blocks away and walk between hotel and car for $10. I would be concerned with women/kids walking this area late at night. Centrally located for WWII musuem and other musuems so it's a good spot for visiting those and for taking a cab wherever you go. The staff was great and the view was pretty good.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2015
"Two Nights in NOLA"
The hotel is in a good location, quick in and out, short walk to most everything. Valet parking like many other places is overpriced.
2 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
"Horrible stay!"
The staff was fabulous. We paid extra for a large room, because I ride a handicapped scooter. The room was so smal the scooter was parked behind the door partially in the closet. No in room ice buckets. We had to ask for toiletries because none was in the room. They had these pump bottles on the shower wall that were empty with the tops broken off. Shower drain totally stopped up. The bed was a platform bed with a horrid mattress. Old time flat sheets that come off the bed in the night. Was a horrible stay but again the staff was great. Can't imagine what the small room was like.
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
Fred
"DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY"
When we arrived we waited 10 minutes at the front desk waiting to see an employee to check in. I could hear someone in the next room chatting about family and such but no one cared to even greet us other then the valet. Finally a girl walked by and glanced at us. She walked by twice more before she said someone will be right with you. Finally a lady came from another area to help us. She checked us in and used 5 words in the process. We were given our keys and waved off without any explanation as to the services or amenities. The room was a closet. I couldn't believe I had paid $200. The paint was chipping and you could tell it was a shoddy construction. If I hadn't had to prepay I would have walked out!!!! Do NOT stay here!!
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Cool Vibe : Mattress upgrade needed"
The room needs a mattress upgrade.
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
"Not good for business travel"
no closet,items left in room from previous guest, ( hair bands on the floor for 6 days)no wash cloths returned to room after cleaned, soap dispenser in the shower broke, no place to put my suitcase. I cleared off the desk and put it there. I have worked in hotels most of my life, the latest being in the Bellevue market place in Washington state. this area is very competitive so your rooms need to be impeccable I was a group sales manager and responsible for room checks every week. the hotel was very nice for a vacation hotel but not for business travel. I liked the Modern look.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Debra
"good, not great."
it took a REALLY long time to check in. there were some mishaps with the two couples in line in front of us and it took about 20-25 minutes before we got to actually check in. the hotel is gorgeous as a whole and the bar downstairs in stellar. that being said, our room was very small and not in a good/cozy way. for the cost of a night's stay, i was hoping the room would be larger and a bit nicer. all in all, it was a pleasant visit, though.
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
Dylan
"Unlikely to book again or recommend"
The overall stay, was tolerable with some exceptions. 1. The parking situation is horrid, it's only valet or hike. You also should expect to wait a min if 15 minutes on side the road in traffic before a valet employee even retrieves your keys. 2. The check in situation was horrid as well, they apparently use iPads which is nifty but not very convenient for the guest. If I remember correctly, we had two other guests ahead and it literally took around 15-20 minutes to get my room keys. Overall, you can expect to actually step foot into your room about 45 mins or longer after pulling up. I suggest some hotels on canal, comparable prices and competent staff are about. Oh, one more thing... It turns out I had an acquaintance that works there, not sure if that matters but either way DON'T EXPECT PRIVACY from the employee's or the hotel!! Several people outside the hotel with associations with that acquaintance magically knew of various personal details such as arrival, departure and whom I was with so if it's privacy you want, pay a little more with another hotel.
1 night trip Feb 27, 2015
Christopher
"Well satisfied"
Central location less than a mile and a half from the Convention Center, Bourbon st., French Market, Jackson Square, Super Dome, Lafayette Square, right beside a Civil war museum, two blocks from The National WWII Museum, nice restaurant attached to The Hotel Modern with a full bar, top shelf lounge attached to that, what else do you need. Friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms at a reasonable price. Bartender described the rooms, as the guest room at a friends house, which nails it perfectly. Basic; television, desk, coffee maker, but the only hotel shower I've ever seen with real water pressure. Minimalist, but very nice.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
T
"Less than thrilled."
The stay was uneventful.
2 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
"The best"
Great
1 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
"Much more than I expected."
Knowledgeable and out-of-their-way helpful staff. Not a cookie cutter hotel, just the right size to feel at home while providing excellent service. Excellent food - far better than usual hotel food. I found the location perfectly central - easy walking access to uptown and downtown, trolley, train and busses outside the door or within a two minute walk if you get tired of walking or want to extend your travels. Museums readily at hand - the amazing WWII museum and modern arts museum are literally next door. I love enjoying the Big Easy at a walking pace, so this was perfect for me. No gym or swimming pools here - Go to the big guys for that. Interesting touches such as old books in the rooms and laying about - I actually started a mystery novel in my room that I wrote down the tittle and author of and will order through amazon to finish. If you want or need anything ask - they will go out of their way to help. Whoever hires for this hotel knows what she or he is doing.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
J
"Clean, nice hotel but poor customer service"
Paid a significant amount to stay here during mardi gras; was unable to check in for 2 hours due to parades. Hotel website claimed a hotel valet would be at an offsite parking garage and would direct guests to hotel, however no valet was provided; the police guarding the parade stated the hotel lied to us and there was no way to cross during parades. We had to stand with luggage and dog outside across the street from the hotel. Hotel managers over the phone stated they had no solution and just to "wait it out" or "move the barricade." Once we checked in, everything else was great. Clean room, nicely decorated. Security on site, provided wrist Bands for easy access during parades. Also no front desk staff late in evening or early morning (7am) and no one picking up the phone so made check out a bit difficult. Would pick a different hotel if you want a hassle-free experience.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Mardi Gras Stay"
This Hotel is small, with small beds, bathrooms and beds. I know it was Mardi Gras, but we where staying at the hotel , did not feel like going out , and they ran out of food. Really!? Poor planning. And there was not trash can at all in our room.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Perfect boutique hotel"
Great room, tastefully decorated. Cleaning lady did a great job every time.
2 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Juan
"Mardi Gras"
We love to stay here during Mardi Gras. You can expect to feel safe and secure while enjoying the parades out front. The staff don't bother you like most would even when you put the do not disturb sign on the door.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
rockytop
"Mardi Gras Madness"
Hectic getting out of hotel at departure time.
2 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
Pam K
Second stay at the Hotel Modern. They now have a nice restaurant/bar and another very nice bar right next door (Bellocq). Being right on the main Mardi Gras parade route was a plus and a minus -- great to see the parades up close, but bad for transportation (street car not running and taxi couldn't get more than two blocks away).
Kate
"Very nice..."
I really like this hotel. I visit NOLA frequently (more than 20 times in the past two years) and by far this is one of the best hotels. It is very nicely appointed and during Mardi Gras, a great location. Streetcar gives you access to Canal Street and other tourist spots. I would certainly recommend.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
fashion_nomad
"Great Staff; Bad Hotel"
I want to start by complimenting the staff of Hotel Modern. Everyone there did everything they could to make up for the hotel's shortcomings. That said, the shortcomings were numerous. Our room was lacking even basic amenities. We had no closet, wardrobe, or even hangars when we arrived(though we got the front desk to send up some hangers to balance on the bathroom door). Our shower had no soap, and it took 2 days to get some, because somehow the entire hotel was out. The room was so tiny the bathroom door couldn't open without smacking into the bed. And the bed squeaked so loud it was difficult to sleep, and presumably made our neighbor's stay less than pleasant as well. When the bed was made, the sheets were clearly not changed, as our clothing was folded into the bedding. The front desk booked a taxi for our trip to the airport - when we woke up, there was no taxi in sight (I have no way of knowing if this was Hotel Modern or the taxi company's fault). I wasn't expecting much from Hotel Modern - it's a cheap place to stay, which is exactly what I needed, and the quality of a Motel 6 wouldn't have elicited complaint. That said, I've preferred my stays at Motel 6.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Great place!"
Cool hotel!
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
Trent
"Nice hotel, close to the convention center."
The parade that held there around the beginning of February passes right in front of the hotel on the circle. There is a good restaurant downstairs. You can walk to the convention center around 5 blocks away. There was a descent deli on the way back from the convention center called the Butcher. There is also a gas station/convenience store across the street which sells things you might need.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"We are planning our next stay already"
This hotel was clean and pleasant. It was convenient to the parades for Mardi Gras and French Quarter. We are already trying to book this hotel for next year.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Debi
"Clean, friendly, small rooms"
I had to stay here an additional night prior to a flight, very nice staff, small hotel, small rooms, but overall very nice and clean and i would refer this hotel. It is in a odd area, between the garden district, CBD , & burbon so you do have to walk a bit to get to anything.
1 night trip Feb 4, 2015
"Comfortable Hotel Close to Convention Center"
This is the second time I have used this Hotel while attending a conference at the convention center. It is within walking distance of the convention center. The hotel staff are friendly and the rooms are comfortable. They are not too large but the shower and bathroom are roomy. If you want to iron your clothes you'll need to ask for an iron and ironing board which they'll gladly provide. There are also some great restaurants within walking distance - Cochon, Butcher and Emeril's I will use this hotel again next year when I return for another convention.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Miles
"Nice hotel, good staff"
I booked this hotel because it was close to National WWII Museum. The staff was always friendly, courteous, and helpful. The room was comfortable, although the bathroom was really small. I had asked for a quiet room and it was quiet. It faced Lee Circle which was a nice view.
3 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
TERESA
"Great stay!!!"
нα∂ α gяєαт ѕтαу!! ѕтαff ωαѕ νєяу нєℓρfυℓ. тнє яσσм ωαѕ α иι¢є ѕιzє вυт тнє ѕнα∂є ∂ι∂и'т ¢ℓσѕє ¢σмρℓєтєℓу тнєяєfσяє ιт ℓєт ιи αℓσт σf ѕυи ιи тнє мσяиιиg.
1 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
"Gooner Gras"
Didn't spend much time in the hotel except for minimal sleep and it was comfortable, the service was really good and they pointed us to good places when we needed food or drinks.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Aaron
"great hotel stay"
Overall stay was great. I liked the keurig machine in the room. Didn't have btw water in the room which would have being nice.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Ramon
"Run!"
Even After having to move rooms 3 times, the hotel staff was very accommodating.
2 night trip with friends Jan 25, 2015
"nice place"
Beds are very comfortable
1 night business trip Jan 24, 2015
harlan
"Relief after the storm!"
Stranded in New Orleans after cruise ship had 480 cabins in trouble.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Hotel near Lee Circle"
I came to do the rock n roll half marathon, and this room was close to the start of the race. Hotel is nice, lobby has very cool art, great looking bar. The rooms are retrofitted from an old YMCA but I think they have done the best job they can. The colors of the hotel are not my taste but are "artsy". The neighborhood can be a little dangerous at night, be careful if you are traveling solo!
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
"Great night"
Great
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
"Very unique hotel."
Very cool hotel, close to Bourbon street , nice fitness room and just a overall great experience.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Love it"
I really love this place and the staff is very friendly.
1 night trip Jan 22, 2015