All hotels in Ankeny, Iowa, United States of America
215 Ne Delaware Ave, Ankeny, IA, 50021, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

Our family stayed for 2 nights during the Iowa State Fair. The staff was outstanding and the complimentary breakfast was very, very good. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
jim
"Iowa State Fair"
Visiting for business, the hotel was easy to access and near stores and other amenities. WiFi was consistently good, hotel staff were friendly and helpful.
4 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
"1 Night Stay"
Just to start with the bad: the walls are very thin- I could hear conversations and someone coughing all night long in another room sounded like they were sitting right next to me. The beds are very firm and the pillows were very soft which I didn't like. Everything else was really good: room was clean (no mold, bugs, etc), breakfast tasted fine, and the staff was very friendly
1 night trip Jul 26, 2015
Very nice hotel in a good location, but I could hear some noise from other rooms and upstairs. Other than that, the hotel was great!
1 night trip Jul 19, 2015
Are room had the old food on the floor and there wasn't a remote control for the TV. Easy drive to and from adventurland though.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"marginal"
the beds need to be replaced. They are squeaky and I felt like to was sleeping in a dip.
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Joy
Friendly hotel staff and nice, clean room. The bed was very comfortable. Centrally located in Ankeny right off of highway, with several restaurants in close walking distance.
Other trip May 30, 2015
"One night stay on a journey home."
the hotel felt new. Very clean and extremely well decorated. Staff extremely helpful and friendly.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Pretty good"
The room was great!! Very spacious and a large bathroom. My only complaint was that the hot breakfast wasn't hot:( and I could hear the maids in the rooms around me... If I had been trying to sleep that would have been annoying, and it wasn't their cleaning it was loud talking and almost yelling to each other.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2015
Wish the pool was a little bigger because it had several kids in it and it was so loud you couldn't stand to be in the hot tub.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
"Nice place."
Very clean as always. Will stay again.
1 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
"A good nights sleep."
The bed was incredible. The room was beautiful and quiet. Great place to stay.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Praying Mama
"Best Midrange Hotel in Des Moines Area"
We always stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Ankeny, even if we are going to spend more time in Des Moines. It's worth the short drive to know the hotel will be comfortable. The desk staff is always friendly and willing to accommodate requests whenever possible. Rooms are clean. Lounge is comfortable and has a nice atmosphere during breakfast. I don't stay anywhere else for business or personal trips in Des Moines. I even stay here when I have a conference to attend in Ames. I strongly recommend this hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
AJ
"appearance was nice, BUT..."
The appearance of the hotel was appealing, however that was about aas far as it went! The beds were very uncomforatable!! I woke up with a VERY sore back!! The hot tub did not work and was not even very warm! And when doing my search, this was my one thing that I required!! When I asked about it, all I got from the front desk was" well did you try pulling the red knob out?" and a chuckle from the desk clerk! There was a hot breakfeast that was better than expected.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Stay here if you like firm mattresses."
Beautiful, clean , great staff, amazing breakfast, the only big downside for me were the extra firm matresses. I didn't sleep well because I need a softer bed.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
happy travels
"Good place to stay."
Nice quality clean place to stay. Close to restaurants, and convenience stores. Would stay here again.
2 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
Ken
"Confusing"
The room was okay, but the lighting was horrible if you really wanted to see anything. All the lights are rather dim. It felt somewhat like they didn't want you to see what the room really looked like. The 'suite' feel was nice and the decorations were fine. Our room did have a leaking window. They have left a towel on the sill to catch the water when it rains. Of course it did, so we also got to hear the continual dripping sound. The bathroom was good size and appeared very clean. Bright as well! Breakfast was good with a number of good options to choose from. Had the room provide options to enlighten it, I think we would have felt better about the cleanliness and upkeep of the room and given higher stars.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Connie
"great hospitable staff for our family reunion"
fantastic, will use again
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2014
Red
"Ankeny Stay"
Great hotel...very good breakfast
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
CraigN
very clean room,,nice safe neighborhood,,,,lots of places to eat,,,
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
harlan swehla
"I paid more for a Marriott brand but got less."
I arrived to find that I had been given the room adjacent to the ice machine. I could hear the ice machine running while in my room. I called the front desk asking for another room and was invited back down to swap rooms. I was given a room two doors down which was much quieter. I left for my event that evening and asked how late the pool area was open. I was told "As long as I needed it to be. Just no kids past 10." Later, I discovered the jacuzzi was not working. I sought help from the desk but he did not have a key to the pump room. I was informed that he would check with his manager and he would be right back. While waiting I noticed "stuff" floating in the pool. I checked and many of the pump nozzles were not functioning. I waited in the pool area for thirty minutes before I went to the desk in inquire as to the status of the jacuzzi. I was told that the manager would be in to fix it in the morning. I asked when that was and I was told 7:30am. I also asked the clerk how long he had know this since he had left me waiting. I was told "A couple minutes after I left you. Sorry." Before checking out at 10am, I checked the jacuzzi and it was still not operational. I informed the desk of this and the pool problem and they seemed completely surprised. Makes me wonder if the manager even knew? I will also be calling Marriott directly about my stay.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Overall nice"
Room was nice and clean. Breakfast was great. Pool was cold and hot tub was not working. Overall great place to stay.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
When the front desk found out that my parents were staying in the room, they upgraded us to one with a sitting area, another TV. and a desk. They were very friendly and we would tell other travelers to stay at this hotel.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Sandy
"Rested and Revived!"
The reason for selecting this hotel was to have a comfortable place to sleep, relax at the end of a travel day, get in a morning workout, and enjoy a hot breakfast before getting back on the road. We were pleasantly surprised at the warm welcome we received at 11:30pm. We were grateful for the hot tub access that night and for open, clean, and functioning workout room in the morning. This hotel stay met our needs and didn't break our bank account. I like that!
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Wendy Hildenbrand
"Very disappointing!"
We like to try and stay at decent hotels with our kids, but this was a big disappointment. When we entered the room, there were ants in the bathroom, and the room stunk. We mentioned it to the front desk and the receptionist simply said..."sorry", and did nothing. The swimming pool was so cloudy that I didn't even allow my kids to swinin the pool for fear they would get sick. t will no longer stay at a Marriott property again!
Other trip May 27, 2014
Rob
"Fine experience"
We were in the area for our son's graduation from ISU. The location made it very easy to get to Ames for the ceremony and to Des Moines for dinners out. The breakfast provided at the hotel was excellent and very generous - not just cold cereal and toast!
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Lynn
"Nice & Clean"
Great stay at this hotel. It's close to plenty of gas stations and restaurants (make sure to try Cazador next door. The food is amazing!) The rooms are a great price and the bathroom was pretty spacious. Will definitely stay here again!
2 night business trip May 13, 2014
"Nice mid-priced hotel"
Fairfield Inn and Suites, Ankeny Iowa is a lovely, mid priced hotel. We stayed here for my sister's graduation from Iowa State University, Ames. The hotel is a convenient distance from the university. Very good free breakfast- advertised as continental but had more offerings then just bread, fruit and coffee. Noise levels were excellent- we could hear nothing from the rooms next to us. There was a bit of stomping upstairs, but that's to be expected, and wasn't distracting or annoying at all. Rooms are small but well appointed and clean, with firm mattresses and a selection of plump, soft to firm pillows. all in all a very enjoyable stay! Thank you.
Other trip May 12, 2014
2 pricey for what it is! $150/night. This is an $80 motel.
Other trip May 11, 2014
Great location. Clean and updated hotel. Great amenities to this hotel. Convenient to sports activites. Would stay there again
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Greg
"Everything but the bed"
The room was spacious and spotless, the staff very helpful and friendly and the breakfast was above average. The bed was very firm and the thin duvet was not enough cover. If there was an extra blanket, we couldn't find it.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Dale
"Ok place to crash."
Nothing special, but a clean place to stay with the standard hotel breakfast. You could stay in better, but if your are in town for a night it will work.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"loved the hotel"
Hated the lake behind it that housed over 60 geese.. all night they made noise. The hotel itself is fantsatic.
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2014
No one at reservation desk upon arriving. Stayed 2 nights and restocking of towels and toiletries not done. The noise from elevator and just simply people walking by was overwhelming as floor creaked.
2 night business trip Feb 21, 2014
"Hot Tubs"
Second Hotel chain I've stayed at the the Hot Tub is not Hot! What's up with that? Don't advertise Hot Tub if all it is a tiny kid pool!
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Nice accommodations breakfast mediocre"
I stayed at the Fairfield because my husbands work uses the Marriott. Our room was nice and the service was very friendly. Breakfast was less then ok. Half and half was old and expired. The eggs and sausage had a oily taste to them that gave them a terrible film in your mouth and muffins were old and spongy. Disappointed to say the least. Paying over $100.00 I expect the free breakfast to be better.
2 night trip Feb 13, 2014
Jill & B
"Overnight Stay"
Stayed here on my way to Minneapolis. The location is great; right off the interstate but with no traffic noise. My only complaint is that the floor was really loud, I could hear people walking by my door and on the floor above moving around.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2014
Enjoyed the stay. Very clean and nice.
2 night business trip Jan 3, 2014
chad
"Great hotel; decent price"
Our room was very nice--clean, modern, well appointed. Will stay here again.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2013
Local traveler
"OK stay."
noisy... room a bit too cozy even for two.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2013
T&C Rose
"Disappointing"
when asked for handicap room was told didn' t look handicap and asked for direction to facilities told to follow your nose if this was suppose to be jokes it was in very poor taste handicap room was smaller than expected the room was clean and was void of outside noise too bad could not say that about inside noise
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
The bed was a bit hard for my taste but not bad. The breakfast was great. Would definitely stay again. Nice and clean.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Close to event"
The hotel was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2013
"just north of Des Moines"
This hotel is very clean and well positioned for an early morning departure from Des Moines going north. There are several nice restaurants in the area and easy on/off I35. Good value hotel, nice breakfast area and exercise room.
2 night trip Mar 29, 2013
"Des Moines overnight"
The hotel gave us what we needed-a clean place to sleep and breakfast in the morning. The check in person wasn't especially welcoming but otherwise it met our needs just fine.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013
"No complaints"
Good. I had to pull over due to a winter storm warning. Location was great. Very clean
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2013
"close to my work site"
Very comfortable rooms and amenities. It was noisy on the 2nd night of my stay d/t a large number of teenagers satying in the hotel. Lots of yelling and running up and down the halls in the evening.
2 night business trip Feb 11, 2013
"Nice location and great breakfast"
The rooms were clean and breakfast was great.
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2012
"Good value for money"
Easy location to I-35 with typical Fairfield level of value.
1 night business trip Dec 18, 2012
"Excellent Hotel to stay in Des Moines"
hotel is very clean . Staff is very good. Location is close by shopping and restaraunts. Near the US 80. It is a distance away from the Des Moines Airport but worth the drive
1 night trip Nov 13, 2012