All hotels in North Dartmouth, Massachusetts, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here181 Faunce Corner Rd, North Dartmouth, MA, 02747, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Uniquely Bad First Impression"
There are few decent hotels in an area with a U Mass campus. Therefore value for money index is low. Despite a plethora of complaints, owners refuse to install automatic entrance doors, making the first impression very unpleasant with double manual doors to navigate with luggage.
1 night romance trip May 4, 2015
"Disappointed. Needs a serious refresh."
My wife, our 20 month old and our my in-laws were in town for a funeral this past weekend. This hotel was the highest rated in the New Bedford area, so we picked it. We were very disappointed. The rooms are aged and furniture was a bit tattered. Our tiny double bed had a mattress that seemed about 1/4" thick. It was the worst night's sleep my wife or I have had in a long time. In-laws had a similar experience in their room. The Residence Inn is not the Four Seasons, so our expectations were right. But, having stayed at many Residence Inns in my regular travels, this place was a disappointment. If it really is the nicest hotel in New Bedford, I'm sorry. The staff was very courteous and responsive, but I certainly would not stay here again.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and staff. I am sorry that you experienced a less than an excellent stay. Please accept my apology for having a restless night. The mattresses in the hotel were replaced in April 2013, as well as all the pillows in September 2014. We would like to thank you for mentioning the staff; we will share your comments during our next staff meetings. We hope that you will give us another chance if you are ever in the Dartmouth area again.
1 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
"Great family hotel"
My 6 year old daughter loves this hotel
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
wilson
"Convenient location"
good for our one night stay. convenient location near highway and family.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"perfect hotel clean.quiet I really enjoyed my stay"
Its was perfect. was looking for a quiet clean hotel and was very happy
"Mini Apartment."
This hotel was pretty nice with a refrigerator and stove in every room. Nice home away from home.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Nicer than expected, very spacious room, comfortable bed. Very pleasant stay.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"Convenient Location"
The hotel was nice and the breakfast was decent. The room was beautiful as well, but one of the sheets had a "yellowish" spot with an estimated circumference of 4 inches... pretty gross.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thank you Mr. Rodriguez for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your visit to the Dartmouth area.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Dogs Welcome?"
What they don't tell you is that you'll be charged $100.00 for the dog. If you want to back out of the room at the time of check in, you'll be charged for the room. That's extortion.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Will return!!"
Excellent rooms and service!! Will definately recommend to friends and return on future trips!!
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thank you Mr. Watson for your great review! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Dartmouth.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Scott Watson
"Nice neighborhood ... closer to good restaurants"
Stay was fine, all staff were friendly except one. I do not remember her name, which means she will get through her same behavior again however, I do remember that she is a front desk staff and her name starts with the letter 'A'. She was the one who checked us in. She did not offer us the complimentary water bottle and nature valley bar and I feel she was a little on the not so good attitude side. I told her that our room had dirty cups in the kitchen closet and they it was just that someone previously must have used it and not even bothered to wash it and also there was hair on our bedsheets, she did not bother to do anything about it until I asked for a replacement bedsheet. I just believe that for a hotel like marriott the customer service and response should be great, however this was not the case. Also, everyday the breakfast was the same, no variance at all.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not receive our Marriott best. We hope that you will visit again soon, so we can show you our true customer service.
3 night family trip May 23, 2014
Zubin
"Hotel like being Home"
The hotel and staff did a great job of taking care of our needs for the two days we stayed there. From being taken care of at the front desk to the time we checked out. I will stay there or another Residents Inn any where else in the country. Thanks making us feel welcome
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thanks Bob for your great review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon.
Other trip May 23, 2014
I enjoyed my stay. It was our first time traveling with our 4 month old son and the room/facilities were perfect. Would stay again in future
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thank you Glenda for your review. We would love to see you and your family again real soon!
1 night trip May 15, 2014
Glenda Lee
"A very nice place to stay on the N. Dartmouth area"
Room was fine. Service was excellant and the breakfast was very good.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thank you Michael for your great review. We are happy that you enjoyed yourself while in Dartmouth. We hope to see you soon.
1 night trip Apr 20, 2014
Michael M
"close to all the entertainment"
I absolutely loved the service, location and hospitality offered!
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself during your brief visit to Dartmouth. We hope to serve you again soon!
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
Mariah
"OK"
We stayed at another Residence Inn in Foxboro the night before and could tell the difference between the two. This one is a little older and had different style but was ok overall.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again next time you are in Dartmouth.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Roomy hotel"
Roomy hotel with kitchenette. Decent pool and breakfast.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thank you Rick for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your suite while visiting.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
It was good. Dead bug in the bathroom and a coffee pot that did not have the right carafe and leaked. Room somewhat worn. Needs a face lift. Awful amenities.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thank you CJ for your review! We hope that the issues you experienced will not deter you from visiting again.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2013
CJ Burgher
"Enjoyable stay in Dartmouth MA."
We spent a few days exploring the area around New Bedford, MA and Rhode Island. We had our two dogs and found the Residence Inn to be extremely accommodating for our travel entourage. Very nice.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thanks Gilbert for the wonderful review! We are thrilled that you and your dogs enjoyed your brief visit to Dartmouth. We hope to see you and your dogs again real soon.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Gilbert
"Nice hotel, friendly staff"
This hotel was great in terms of cleanliness, comfort, and friendliness of the staff. We liked our room, which was a clean, well-kept, and spacious studio style room with a kitchenette, living area, and sleeping area. However, my reservation was for a queen non-smoking room, and we only got a full-size bed. We didn't complain as we were in a rush to get to a wedding, but still... for $200/night I'd hope they get the reservation right. My only other complaint would be that the bathroom fan/light was extremely loud as was the A/C in the room... the room was also freezing when we got in as the thermostat was set to 62*. Other than that, this hotel is in a very convenient location right off of the freeway with a McD's within walking distance and a gas station right next to it.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay while visiting the area. We hope you will visit again next time you are in the area.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Good choice when visiting the New Bedford Area"
This is a well located hotel, with very nice, caring staff. Good cleanliness standards. We enjoyed our stay and found the location very convenient. Breakfast was excellent - it included full choice of baked goods, hot oatmeal, waffles and just about everything else you could want. The only complaint I have about the room is that the mattress on the sofa bed was stained and worn to the point that I could feel the springs (room 229) The second evening I chose to sleep on the sofa unopened as a result. Other than that, it was indeed a nice place to stay.
2 night trip Mar 4, 2013
Everything was nice about the hotel. The breakfast was convenient and included hot and cold items. The hotel was conveniently located next to a restaurant which was just across the parking lot.
3 night trip Sep 12, 2012
Regina
"Questionable Value"
We have reviewed over 40 hotels on this website during the past two years and this hotel is the most difficult to rate or review. We stayed in this hotel (the Residence Inn New Bedford) because it was rated "outstanding" on the hotels.com website. Well it is clearly not outstanding. It is mediocre at best. The beds were lumpy and miserable to sleep on. The swimming pool was cold and the hot tub was too hot. The breakfast was standard and nothing special. The morning person behind the front desk was rude. We stayed at this hotel for two nights because we had prepaid, but seriously considered moving out anyhow. All of this considered, the room was relatively large and it was clean; but come on -- clean? Is that why you want to stay in a hotel, because it is clean? It SHOULD be clean, and a lot more. This hotel was nothing more, but it was clean.
2 night business trip Aug 31, 2012
Hotel was very clean, the room was very spacious and offered a lot more than what we expected. The continental breakfast was great
Other trip Sep 2, 2012
"All fine - except for pullout couch"
It was only one night, but I wanted a separate bed. The pullout couch was VERY uncomfortable. Suggest management replace these or at least the torturous inner spring mattress! Otherwise, it was a positive experience.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2012
Yiayia
"Pleasantly Surprised"
This was a last minute booking and I was quite pleased and surprised at how nice it was.
1 night trip May 25, 2012

"More than I expected - Really comfy bed too"
Reception was friendly and efficient, which was greatly appreciated as I arrived quite late. The room was a full suite, with everything you need in a room and so much more, though as I was there for one night only, I couldn't use it to its full potential. I have to say that I was travelling around various hotels in the US for three weeks, and that bed was the most comfortable I had throughout my travels - I wish all hotels had beds like that one! A great night's sleep there! Highly recommended.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thanks Margaret for the wonderful review! We hope that next time you are in the US, you stop in to see us again!
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
Lindsey
2 night trip Oct 24, 2014
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thanks for 5 stars! We appreciate it!
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
Raz
"snow day"
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thank you for the 5 star review. We hope you will join us again real soon!
1 night trip Jan 21, 2014
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thank you for the five star review! We appreciate it!
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2013
Keith
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thanks Justine for the 5 star review! It is greatly appreciated.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
justine lyons
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott New Bedford Dartmouth
Thanks Raz for the four star review! We hope to see you again in the future.
1 night business trip Sep 1, 2013
SG

TripAdvisor reviews for Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth

"Good value, nice room"
05/17/15 The_Chief4557 Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Spacious suite, clean, easy highway access. Would have preferred king bed but only queen available when we booked. Good wifi. Good choice of items on the breakfast buffet. Room has full kitchen although we only used the fridge Elevator a bit slow.
"Super Clean, Fantastic Staff & Great Location"
03/24/15 BronxNYJim Bronx, New York
From the moment we pulled in our overall experience was a pleasure. We were greeted with a smile and a very knowledgeable front desk staff that truly cared for your needs during the entire stay. In a nutshell the staff is just really down to earth and good at what they do. The rooms are fantastic. They're spotlessly clean, VERY well appointed (we stayed in a 1br suite which we could almost live permanently in---it was bigger than a lot of NYC apts that cost $3000+ a month) and beautifully decorated. The bed was right on--both great support and comfort with fresh linens and great pillows. The kitchen was fully equipped and the bathroom was so clean that you could see your reflection on the tiles. The water pressure and hot water were great and as opposed to many other hotels/motels we've stayed the drains here work splendidly. We highly recommend this establishment for any purpose, not in the least to split up a long tiring drive to the Cape---the ramp to 195 may as well be connected to the parking lot and you're over the Sagamore Bridge within the hour (off season that is--yet another reason to stay) .
"I expected more from Marriott"
02/22/15 Thomas C Cape Cod, MA
We choose this hotel because of our past experiences with the Marriott hotels. Because there were three of us we had to utilize the pull-out couch, almost ended up on the floor because of the broken mechanism and very thin mattress. The double bed mattress also needed updating.
"Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area"
02/09/15 Roadrunnah
This is a very busy hotel and it appears to have many repeat business customers which I think speaks to the value and the accommodations that are provided. Staff were very friendly and helpful with directions and local advice. Breakfast was actually much better than I had expected with plenty of offerings. Lobby/breakfast area is very comfortable and welcoming. I would definitely stay here again if business takes me back to the area.
"staff is the best"
01/24/15 mismal64 Oak Creek, Wisconsin
I stayed here on and off for 10 months for work. Super nice staff, friendly and caring and that goes a long way when you are away from home. Dinner served 3 nights a week as well as a nice breakfast. The rooms were always clean, quiet and newly updated appliances in the rooms. The Marriot beds are the best! Super comfy! I stayed in 2 other chain hotels in the area and would never stray again. Location right on the freeway, plenty of restaurants and shopping most in walking distance. If I ever need to return to the area they are top on my list!
"Pet Friendly.....People Friendly"
12/07/14 Wannabebelle West Haven, Connecticut
We (hubby, puppy, and myself) stayed at this hotel over Thanksgiving this year. We arrived on Wednesday afternoon in the middle of the rain storm that hit the east coast (atleast it wasn't the predicted snow). I was alittle disappointed that they don't have a covered drive up so we could unload all our things in a dry covered area before parking but the hotel itself was very nice. I was surprised that it wasn't louder in there because it's right next to a highway on ramp and a section of very busy road. The front desk staff were really nice and gave us a king bed (when we booked we were told only 2 queens were available). The staff were very nice to our dog as well. We've never stayed at a hotel with him because he's only a little over a year old but they were all excited to see him and pet him. I'm assuming it's standard practice but they were very nice in explaining that if they thought anything was wrong with him while we left him in the room they would call either my husband or myself right away. The room itself was on the smaller side I thought but clean. There was more than enough space in the main room to put his crate. The bedroom was also on the small size but that was ok. I would have liked a little more room to fit his crate more comfortably. His crate fit okay in the walkway between the bedroom and the shower area (in front of the bathroom sink). We didn't get to walk the grounds very much because of the rain but out back there is a nice little walkway for dogs. They have a garbage can and what looked like a poo bag holder (nothing in it, good thing we always have our own). The free breakfast was actually pretty good and the second day they had a turkey based breakfast meat (I don't eat pork) which is rare. There were also chocolate chip cookies and brownies that were offered to us when we checked in. Since it was Thanksgiving the cleaning schedule was limited, only replenishing towels and taking out the trash so I don't know how they usually are but the room was clean when we arrived. Since it was the holiday and we were visiting family we also didn't use the kitchen area other than the fridge, but it looked like it was adequate. The only cons I really had was not having a covered drive-up, no poop bags, and there seemed to only be 2 luggage carts so we always had to wait for one. Just to point out, there is a $100 pet charge for the stay. The area that the hotel is in is also nice. It's right next to the highway (195) if you're traveling to places like New Bedford, Fairhaven, etc. It's also right near the Dartmouth Mall and all the near by restaurant chains like Texas Roadhouse, Applebees, Chiptole, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc. There's also a Stop and Shop (grocery store) right down the street if you plan on using the in-room kitchen. It's also close to Marisol's Cafe, which is home to the legendary Chippi (google it, trust me).
"Comforts of home, great price, great location"
11/04/14 africasinme Bloomfield, Connecticut
My family and I attended a wedding New Bedford,Mass and decided to stay at this hotel as it was only minutes away from the venue. We arrived at the hotel around 9:00 am and were allowed to check early in with no problem. The front desk attendant even offered us the free hot breakfast that the hotel offers each morning. Besides the free hot breakfast offered each morning, there is also a social hour in the evening which includes a free hot meal. Check the calender posted on the fridge in each room to see what is on the menu for the evening. We stayed in a two bed room suite. The room was clean and well maintained and the bedding clean and confortable. Each bedroom had its own bathroom which was also clean and we'll maintained. The kitchen area was fully stocked complete with eating utensils,pots, pans, and anything you might need. While our room had a complete stove/oven. Be aware some of the rooms have only a two burner cook top and no oven so be sure to clarify when you book if you need a room with an oven. There is also a laundry room with coin operated washers and dryers. Laundry detergent is available for purchase the front desk. We did not use the indoor pool or the gym however, I did take a peek in both areas and the facilities appeared to be adequate. I would recommend this hotel to antone staying in this area as it in a great location, it is a great value.
"Just okay"
10/15/14 educational-consult Sarasota, Florida
If you are traveling to the New Bedford Dartmouth area you will find that there are not a lot of options in regards to hotels. This hotel is just fair. Nothing great and nothing horrible. There are some okay restaurants around the property.
"Residence INN, New Bedford/Dartmouth MA."
10/15/14 F5180IJmichaelc
Excellent location, facilities and staff. Close to shopping and restaurants. 30 min. from Providence, RI. Highly recommend if you want to be near Providence but not in the city. Excellent breakfast w. cheerful employees who make you feel welcome. Near HWY entrance.
"Nice Place"
10/14/14 preziam MD - USA
I stayed here for the second time for two nights recently. Both times I had a 2 bedroom suite which was very nice, in good condition, and clean. Included breakfast was also decent. I have nothing but positive opinions. I did find it odd that a 2 bedroom suite was less expensive than 2 individual rooms. I will return the next time I am in the area.