All hotels in Mammoth Lakes, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here54 Sierra Blvd, Mammoth Lakes, CA, 93546, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.8
    2.5
    2.3
"Disquesting"
Travel to Mammoth for snowboard trip. This hotel is good when you drunk and totally don't care.Dirty and smelly. For me is just one word tragic.
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Adam
"Well...its cheap."
How unfortunate. The room smelled like seeemen.
3 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
"Mammoth Lakes CA"
Everything was as good as expected. Great rate.
2 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
"friends trip"
went on a friends snowboarding trip, we had a low budget so this hotel was perfect, they had continental breakfast which was great. the people at the front desk were really nice
1 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
Estibaliz
"be careful"
One of the worst experience I had
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Tomer
"good cheap room"
Great cheap room for last minute snowboarding get away
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2014
Bradley
"Disappointing one night stand"
Everyone expects a few shortcomings with a low star, inexpensive overnight option. The hard bed, limited options for food, no extra linens, lack of room comfort, etc...but limiting the hot tub to (2) hrs (via padlock), requiring a freezing cold shower prior to entering the hot tub or threats of eviction, shortage of toilet paper, and hiding the desk staff to avoid requests?, well, that's downright rude!
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
mammoth regular
"welcoming atmosphere and convinient pricing"
the staff was my experiece. There was something so geniuwine and caring about their service , it almost made me feel like I was visiting family. And it's nice knowing I can walk across the street for some good pizza and beer :) o! And the shuttle to the mountain is like right there.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
cynthia
"Bang for your buck."
Great staff! Get what u pay for in the room. Not bad at all.. Ask if the Jacuzzi is working...
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
SD L9CAL
"Very disappointed in this hotel."
Several of our group booked rooms here on a Friday night in route south on 395. The check in clerk was courteous and acknowledged us in line. The front lobby was small but clean. When we got to our room it was a different story. Very outdated. The bathroom was the worst. The most horrible ghetto blue/green painted wall with a light fixture that looked like it was taken from a public rest stop dated 1970. There was no hot water in the shower/tub and the sink was stopped up and wouldn't drain. Wouldn't you think the maid would notice this? The exhaust fan was so loud we couldn't talk to each other. One of the other couples in our group had no flushing toilet. Let us not forget that the maintenance man goes home at 5 so there are no repairs for us. I would defiantly stay in a different hotel next time I'm in Mammoth.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
songbyrd
"What you see is what you get"
Decent, inexpensive option for mammoth. Lobby has eating area for continental breakfast.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Not bad for the money"
Only stayed one night. The bed was comfortable. The television in the room was really disappointing. Old and very small. Gotta love the orange walls on the first floor hallway.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Sean
"Travelodge Mammath Lake, CA"
This is a really old, dated hotel. The hallways and rooms smell like Fabreeze
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
"Basic room, adequate...."
Adequate room, but extremely basic. Decor was awful, and everything in this hotel needs updating.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014

"STAY AWAY .. STAY ELESWHERE"
Terrible customer service , unkempt messy appearance . She was rude , made assumptions about us and asked personal questions about our finances . They only provided 3 towels for 5 people, kept making excuses for not providing more. We asked more than once for an extra blanket for one of our young boys, who was cold,this never came.The blankets on the room had cigarette burn holes . We personally saw her open a cereal packet with her mouth/teeth to refill cereal container, she dropped plastic spoons on the floor and picked them up and reused them. There was hair on the utensils , with only three tables available for breakfast in the foyer of the building.Stay away and book anywhere else . I have done a lot of travel in the last 5 years , this has been the worst/dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. My family and I will NEVER stay at Travelodge in Mammoth lakes again .
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
J
"Worth spending $50 more a night to stay elsewhere"
The staff here was very helpful, however the facility itself was lacking. The coffee maker was not clean and un useable. There was no hot water in the shower just barely above cold water. The hot tub was broken which I wish I would have know about in advance because being a ski trip this was a necessity for me. Not bad for the price but far from ideal and was lacking in basic amenities.
2 night trip Nov 28, 2014
Zachary
MX
Nice room & quiet. Suited our needs perfectly. The people who owned the place were very nice as well.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Gregory
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
2 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Travelodge Mammoth Lakes

"Don't stay here!!!"
04/16/15 geoff n Helena, Montana
Room was very depressing, unmatched furnishings, very dusty (including bed), carpet was very worn.
"Good & old tear down a bit"
04/10/15 R69-Keys Rocklin, California
This place has a great location, the service is excellent, but the installations are wear-out, in need of a refurbish, before fall apart.
"Worst Travelodge experience - Avoid this hotel!"
04/07/15 Maud_S_P Oakland, California
Let's be concise : - Front desk girl (evening shift) laughed right at my face when I couldn't understand the parking instructions (I just drove 8 hours straight through the Rockies and was drained): really ? from a 12-year old girl I would have understood, but from a professional this left me quite a bad feeling... - Outdated and barely clean bathroom, the sink was clogging in 15 seconds and there were cracks all over the room - I skipped my shower the next morning as the bathtub was repulsive... - Heater sounded like a very old computer hard drive. You remember that noise the hard drives used to make when the computer was turned on or off ? Well multiply the volume by 50 and you will have an idea of the noise produced by the room's heater - We were waken up during the night everytime it turned on and off!! - ONE CHANNEL TV - I have never seen that before... + the remote was not working Forget about that place, for that price this is a joke! You will be better putting an additional $20 and staying somewhere else in Mammoth Lakes..
"Not great"
04/06/15 Jessica D Tahoe City, California
The hotel is definitely dated, both inside and out. I noticed the next morning that the smoke detector in my room didn't have a cover. I'm not even sure it was operational. You can tell the management doesn't pay attention to those types of details. Thankfully the sheets and bathroom seemed clean. The rooms are small. It doesn't help that the tv was the old fashioned giant box that stuck out into the walking area. NOTE: There is NO elevator, making it tough to get things from the car to your room because most parking is underground -- meaning you have to take at least two flights of stairs. The person behind the front desk tried to appear to be nice, but was visibly inconvenienced by the fact I was interrupting her personal phone call. In fact, she kept talking on the phone as she checked me in. The free breakfast left a lot to be desired. Consisted of one type of muffin, toast or english muffin, two cereal options from a dispenser and coffee. No yogurt, fruit, other items you'd typically find at other 'free breakfast' hotels. Next time I'm in the area, I will look for another hotel. I think it would have been worth a few more dollars to find a nicer place.
"Worst customer service"
04/06/15 wclee11 Los Angeles, California
The front desk girl has a huge attitude problem. I can only assume she's the new owner's daughter as no employee would last a month with that kind of an attitude. It's unfortunate too because this was our go to place when needing a place to stay for smaller groups. John was the previous owner and was absolutely the best! So accommodating and friendly. Being from LA like most travelers to Mammoth, we would show up after midnight on Friday nights and he would welcome us with a warm smile and we would even stay in the lobby after checking in to catch up with him.Those were the days. Now, we have to deal with the worst customer service. We've encountered it on 2 occasions we've stayed here. The first experience, she gave us attitude on the phone when we asked if there were any discounts available and just hung up on us. Then when we called back, she said they were booked and hung up again. So I immediately went on my phone and just booked a room, which showed there were obvious rooms available. A simple no discounts could have sufficed. Another time when we were trying to stay there, we didn't even call so we can just avoid the unpleasantries and booked online. When we showed up to check in, she couldn't find the reservation even though we showed her the confirmation. She then proceed to just make a new reservation but wanted to charge us more than what we booked for online. While disputing this with her, she had the audacity to tell my fiance (a med school student) to "use her IQ" when there was a misunderstanding of the final charge. Who speaks to people this way? This was a great place for staying in Mammoth on a budge but there are plenty of other comparable places to stay where the staff are genuinely happy to see you and appreciate your business.
"Needs updating"
04/06/15 SBB814 San Diego, California, United States
The location is good and close to everything. The rooms need updating, especially the bathroom. Our bathroom door would not close and everything was very worn. It was ok for one night.
"awsome peaple awsome place"
04/06/15 Brian J
i had this very awsome trip in Travelodge mammoth lakes. I checked in night time . staff was friendly . cookies ,coffee.was available 24 hours awesome front desk staff. comfortable rooms. airy place better then motel 6 .staff was ready to help any time. specially that young indian girl. just amazing trip. overall it was great trip . looking forward to come again in july
"Hotel room was pretty nice and comfy but front desk..."
04/01/15 April Love S Los Angeles, California
Hotel room was pretty nice and comfy but front desk employee especially the one in the morning wasn't that hospitable.
"Travel Lodge in Mammoth Lakes, CA"
03/30/15 Lee P Cottage Grove, Minnesota
This was a nice enough place. The only drawback was the fact that the carpets were so filthy I had to wear my socks in the room. It looked to me like the management of this place was more interested in making money than investing in the property. The underground parking was nice, but the exit door didn't work, and there were tumbleweeds in one of the back parking spaces. Also, the sauna didn't work, and it looked like it hadn't been working for a long, long time. The out of order sign was falling apart.
"Amazing experience - Wonderful staff"
03/23/15 Ronald M Albany, New York
I had chance to stay there for couple of night with my family. We did not have any complaint. I read past reviews but I think they are over highlighted. We had good experience with front desk girl. Remaining service was quietly attentive. Over all the hotel is very comfortable..... WE will definitely stay again.