All hotels in Mammoth Lakes, California, United States of America
54 Sierra Blvd, Mammoth Lakes, CA, 93546, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.8

SE

TripAdvisor reviews for Travelodge Mammoth Lakes

"Dilapidated"
08/31/15 mandctravels2015 Sonora, California
Unfortunately this is not the place to stay in Mammoth. Though you may save a couple of dollars it is not worth the savings. The rooms are as clean as they can be considering the decrepit state of the facilities.
"Very run-down and dingy!"
08/26/15 T2235BWcarolm El Cajon, California
This property is very dingy and run-down. The carpets are stained, the walls are dark and the rooms are dusty. The linens and towels are old, stained and torn. Many of the electrical outlets don't work. The breakfast room is way too small and the food is not very good. This property is in desperate need of remodeling and upgrading. It is not up to Travelodge standards. We would not book here again.
"WHAT A MEAN MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
08/25/15 cactus140 Death Valley National Park, California
Well where do I start?? Walked in the office and the place REEKED of air freshener (what are you trying to hide). Got checked in, went to our room, was supposed to be a balcony room. had a lovely view of the patched roof. Tried to keep the STENCH out of our room with a towel at the bottom of the door. That really didn't work. Went down to the laundry to wash clothes, the place smelled musty, (is this what they are trying to hide with the air freshener??) dryer lint trap had about 3 loads of laundry's lint in it. Finished my laundry, went back to the room, opened the window wider, turned on the fan on the AC unit (just to get the STENCH out) it started blowing dust into the room. Took the filter out, cleaned it why should I have to do that?? Tried to sleep, sneezed and coughed all night woke up with a severe headache and a sore throat from the AIR FRESHENER at 3:30 AM wow, now that is what you want to do on your vacation is wake up in the middle of the night sick. Made coffee, sat in the room until daylight, woke my husband up, told him I couldn't stay here another night, he agreed with me as he had problems with the STENCH all night too, eyes watering, nose running, and he is not allergic. To make a long story a little shorter, we checked out. They told me they would charge me for 2 nights, as I couldn't cancel, as the cancellation time had run out. I told them it wasn't a problem, and I would be contacting Wyndham. We had to lug our stuff around all day, but got checked into another hotel about 3PM. Looked for my plastic wine glass that I keep in my luggage, and remembered I left it in the bathroom in the motel.(oops) Now for the GOOD PART. My husband and I went to ask if they had my cheesy plastic wine glass (no big deal if they didn't I can get another). The MAN was busy with other customers, I told him no problem, I would wait, he offered me coffee (think that is when he recognized me) I told him I didn't want any coffee (it was 5PM I want to sleep soon) now is when the ISSUE STARTED!!!!! We were waiting patiently at the counter, and all of a sudden he decided he needed to pay attention to us not the men he was helping with their directions. He basically asked us what we wanted (not nicely) I told him we had stayed the night before in room 108 and wanted to know if they had found my wine glass. I told him it was plastic, and he told me they threw it away. I responded with "you throw hard plastic wine glasses away?" He then replied to me to GET OUT!!! I responded with OK, just wanted my glass, that is when he BUCKED UP STOOD UP FROM THE TABLE HE WAS SITTING AT AND TOLD MY HUSBAND TO GET THAT PIECE OF TRASH OUT OF HIS PLACE. I know the piece of trash he meant was me. Why would you talk to a guest like that???? It got worse, as he almost knocked the table over trying to get to my husband who told him "You don't call my wife trash" The man then YELLED AT US TO GET OUT AND DON'T COME BACK!! We told him we wouldn't be back, and I told him I would be calling Wyndham, the parent company. THAT IS WHEN HE STARTED SCREAMING AT US TO GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT!!!! I feel really bad for the men who were just spectators, wanting directions, and to them I apologize. This was such a bad, I just hope no one books this hotel ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking below, the wheelchair ramp is not right, and the hot tub is filthy. The Sauna was locked, so don't know about it, but bet it isn't working. Free breakfast is a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!
"Okay for the night"
08/24/15 Mechelle M New Zealand
Took the mystery hotel deal on hot wire which said this was on the level of comfort inns. Read the reviews so didn't expect much. When we arrived the man on reception was great -friendly, helpful and welcoming. Our room was the disabled unit so was huge. It had everything we needed albeit in need of renovation -purple walls with an elephant border was not overly appealling. The hotel has underground parking which was good and free breakfast -we are toast and coffee people so it was good for us. The whole place needs total renovation and covering up the musty smell with an incense smell didn't quite work. However considering the high prices in town when we stayed we were happy with the place overall for the money we paid.
"Nice Motel for a few nights"
08/24/15 thomaswH6235XA Frankfurt
We saw a bear just in front of the Motel, when we arrive. Breakfast was good, but not enough spaces.
"Basic"
08/21/15 NoHoMike Glendale, California
If you need a clean room at a low price, this place is okay. It's old with no elevator. Staff was fine, the breakfast is also basic,but the Base Camp Cafe is across the street. Absolutely basic but better than most at this level.
"Disappointed. I have photo of someone's toenails left on..."
08/16/15 joannb487 San Jose, California
Disappointed. I have photo of someone's toenails left on arm of sofa and also of multiple white spots on blanket that looked like paint...too disgusting to use in guest room. Scent in lobby over whelming, made you worry whole place would smell like that. Stairway carpet very soiled.
"dirty and very unpleasant staff"
08/15/15 stefanofV2961ZK London, United Kingdom
We had problems with our card as we arrived late the receptionist has been rude to us firstly and then calling someone saying :"yes this people are arrived" like he is doing a favour to us. Super dirty hotel with hairs everywhere in the room and dust on the bed. Terrible shower. Never anymore.
"Good facility, but extremely rude hotel staff/manager"
08/15/15 laknar California
The hotel facility is great. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I was on a vacation to the mammoth lakes with my elderly parents who are both 65+ years old. I had a really bad experience with the hotel manager at the time of checkin. While checking in, I had some simple questions. I was not sure if my credit card was already charged since I did provide that info at the time of reservation. Wanted to clarify. I wanted to know if they served eggs for breakfast. I also wanted to know how to connect to wifi. Apparently this info is already written down in the access card envelope. Either he missed explaining that to me or I was distracted (by his rudeness) and missed it. In any case, he just had to stay "Oh ..the wifi credentials are in that envelope, right there". For some reason, the guy went totally berserk. He considers egg to be meat and does not wish to serve it in his hotel. That is his personal choice and I am perfectly fine with that. I just wanted to know if it would be available or not. I pointed out that I don't really like his tone and he should be polite and courteous - because I had some legit questions and I was being polite and respectful. There is nothing to worked up about. At this point, he started using foul language and threatened to call the cops on me. He said that if the police arrived, they would simply escort me out and I will lose the entire reservation cost. I asked him to go ahead and just stepped away from the reservation desk. Unfortunately I had already paid up for my reservation by this point. So walking away was not an option. Also, it is the peak summer season at the Mammoth lakes. It would be very hard to find another place at such short notice. About 5 minutes later, he called me in my room (via the phone) and asked me to stop by the lobby. He apologized for his rudeness and said he mistook me for someone else and thought I belonged to a different religion. Completely shocking. I was scheduled to stay for 2 nights. He offered to throw in a third night for free for the inconvenience. I felt really bitter about the whole experience and passed it up. The next morning I decided to checkout a day earlier and headed back home. By far - this has been the worst hotel stay ever in my life. It is one thing if a facility is not up to the mark. But this kind of attitude is highly unprofessional and begs a change.
"Friendly staff, dirty, old hotel."
08/14/15 jeremya410 Las Vegas, Nevada
The hotel felt very dirty to me. The carpets looked like they had never been cleaned, there was hair in the shower, which also drained very slowly so you had to stand in dirty water, and it was very old. The walls were painted very loud colors, the rec. room was very dingy and the jacouzi water was clean, but looked like it was installed in the 1960's and never updated or maintained. At $125 per night it could have been nicer. The parking garage was a nice feature, and the breakfast was good.