All hotels in Mammoth Lakes, California, United States of America

Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"Disappointing for a Travel Lodge"
1 Carpet filthy 2. Linen frayed and worn, stained(?) and with grease spots. Hesitant to even sleep in them. 3. Old damaged furniture 4. Previous occupant's soap still in shower...did they even clean shower? 5. Paid twice what I paid at Motel 6 down the street for clean and comfortable room last year, same time.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Great location, horrible hotel"
What can I say, the hotel's personnel was OK, but it seems like this hotel is run by amateurs. Here are my observations : Maintenence seems like a burden to them, when I got to the room, my wife noticed that the window's mosquito screen was missing so I called the front desk only to be told that since the room was in a second story that we could leave the window open. Also, the toilet leaked water and they never got to fix it while I was there. Plus, the TV had this weird receiver on top which didn't work well and we couldn't watch TV I comfort. Last, the staff left two big dirty laundry carts in front of my room and refused to move them because they didn't have another place to put them.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
"Poor quality motel near a number of fun places"
Our room smelled like Febreze. Probably due to trying to cover up pet odors. 2 medium size dogs stayed down the hall. Bedding was stained. Floor was never vacuumed during our stay. One day we came back to our room door ajar and no towels replaced. Fortunately, nothing was stolen. Very disappointing.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
PA traveler
The manager was really friendly and gave a guide of places to see as our first visit. It was so helpful we enjoyed our stay
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
Heidi
I wasn't expecting much from this hotel, but I expected a certain level of cleanliness that was definately missing. The doorknob to the balcony was affixed to the door with bandaids, yes BANDAIDS. One of the towels in the bathroom was stained with blood. It had obviously been washed, but it was still stained. The blankets in the room were somewhat torn. The carpets throughout the hotel need to be removed and burned, they were horribly stained. Thefront desk lady was the only good thing about this place.
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
"Would stay again."
Are experience was great! The staff was very informational and aimed to please. Rooms could be cleaner.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
T
"So/So - Good for the Money"
The short of it: Good room for the price, certainly a no frills type of place. The amenities are nonexistent or lackluster at best and the listing is deceptive. The long of it: We were shocked at how low the price was and when we got there we found out why. The hotel clerk was nice but only spoken broken English (she was of Argentine descent). There was no luggage rack and no elevator so you have to carry everything quite a way up the stairs. The listing said there was a indoor heated pool, what there really was is a 4' X 4' pool with bubbles and a broken heater. The sauna was not working as well. The room is clean but very dated. I did enjoy a cigar on the balcony, and the view was good. Breakfast was lacking. No waffles, no bagels, no proteins.
1 night family trip May 27, 2015
Jeremy
"Town Location"
Location was in the middle of town so shops and restaurants were a short drive or walk away. Very tired looking hotel which could do with an update but having said that the price was extremely low so you get what you pay for. Really in need of a fresh coat of paint etc which would brighten things up. Parking, wifi and breakfast were all included in the price we paid for our stay, again the cost was very low so apart from being in need of a make over our stay was pleasant. The staff were very welcoming and friendly.
Other trip May 29, 2015
Tracey
"not what it show on the web page."
there was mold on the bathroom shower . I ask for handcap room and was put the second floor .with no help We will never go there again
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Keith
Great rate in off season. ××××××××××××××××××÷÷××÷÷÷÷÷÷×××
Other trip May 19, 2015
Toogee
"Good deal for 50 bucks. Not worth any more"
The location was good but the hotel was old, not very clean, and I'm pretty sure the service staff didn't exist. We were only there for 2 days but our room didn't get cleaned at all while we were out. When we decided to check out the jacuzzi the front desk never answered our call, and when I walked down there was no one there. Even another couple was waiting to check in When we finally found the jacuzzi in the basement, it looked like it was out of a horror film. Dim lights, cement walls. The sauna has a wooden door! I was too scared to go in from the fear of getting stuck.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"reasonably priced and comfortable"
Staff was very accommodating. Place isn't the newest on the block, but great for a ski weekend. Have microwave and small refrigerators in the rooms. Beds was comfortable (no mid line sag, etc), towels weren't paper thin and shower spray was great. Also, pet friendly. Mammoth Lakes is a small community, so centrally located to everything (Mammoth Lakes Shuttle just steps away)
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Budget friendly"
The staff was friendly and helpful. This is a budget friendly motel. You get what you pay for. Things were clean, but not updated. Room was a bit dim. Nice location. Able to walk to stores and restaurants. Bus stop on the corner. Only one TV channel.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Roadtrip2
Hotel provided a safe and quiet nights sleep. However, the hotel was outdated and the carpets dirty.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Roxy
"nice"
very good, relaxing
2 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
Iwona
"Budget place"
This place when you are staying on budget, location is ok, there is free trolley and bus takes you to slopes or cross country. Room was clean and simple, but very thin walls you can hear you neighbors.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
vendy
"Disquesting"
Travel to Mammoth for snowboard trip. This hotel is good when you drunk and totally don't care.Dirty and smelly. For me is just one word tragic.
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Adam
"Conveniently close to the Village and Shuttle"
The overall quality was lower than expected. We tried the complimentary continental breakfast on the first day and were not impressed.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Nick
"Sleep Cheap"
This is all about budget sleeping...no frills. They have free continental breakfast. Cereal, toast, English muffins, coffee juice. One note...the milk they had was SOUR. Best bet is to bring your own. The rooms have mini refrigerators. The staff was very friendly. They have covered parking....good when there is heavy snow. I only recommend this if you are on a budget and/or bringing kids. If you are taking a date...look elsewhere.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
DoubleB
"Front desk clerk very unhappy. Room dirty"
I won't be going back there Confusing bear signs
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Well...its cheap."
How unfortunate. The room smelled like seeemen.
3 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
"Mammoth Lakes CA"
Everything was as good as expected. Great rate.
2 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
"to old and run down"
Hotel is located in a nice área, close to everything but facility is old and dirty, lady in the front desk could more polite, is not cows she is dealing with.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"friends trip"
went on a friends snowboarding trip, we had a low budget so this hotel was perfect, they had continental breakfast which was great. the people at the front desk were really nice
1 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
Estibaliz
"BedBugs don't stay here"
Bed Bugs! don't stay here my wife and daughter go bitten terribly by Bed Bugs.. First time ever staying at a hotel. Owner was terrible about it saying it was allergy.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"be careful"
One of the worst experience I had
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Tomer
"good cheap room"
Great cheap room for last minute snowboarding get away
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2014
Bradley
"Disappointing one night stand"
Everyone expects a few shortcomings with a low star, inexpensive overnight option. The hard bed, limited options for food, no extra linens, lack of room comfort, etc...but limiting the hot tub to (2) hrs (via padlock), requiring a freezing cold shower prior to entering the hot tub or threats of eviction, shortage of toilet paper, and hiding the desk staff to avoid requests?, well, that's downright rude!
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
mammoth regular
"welcoming atmosphere and convinient pricing"
the staff was my experiece. There was something so geniuwine and caring about their service , it almost made me feel like I was visiting family. And it's nice knowing I can walk across the street for some good pizza and beer :) o! And the shuttle to the mountain is like right there.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
cynthia
"Bang for your buck."
Great staff! Get what u pay for in the room. Not bad at all.. Ask if the Jacuzzi is working...
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
SD L9CAL
"Very disappointed in this hotel."
Several of our group booked rooms here on a Friday night in route south on 395. The check in clerk was courteous and acknowledged us in line. The front lobby was small but clean. When we got to our room it was a different story. Very outdated. The bathroom was the worst. The most horrible ghetto blue/green painted wall with a light fixture that looked like it was taken from a public rest stop dated 1970. There was no hot water in the shower/tub and the sink was stopped up and wouldn't drain. Wouldn't you think the maid would notice this? The exhaust fan was so loud we couldn't talk to each other. One of the other couples in our group had no flushing toilet. Let us not forget that the maintenance man goes home at 5 so there are no repairs for us. I would defiantly stay in a different hotel next time I'm in Mammoth.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
songbyrd
"What you see is what you get"
Decent, inexpensive option for mammoth. Lobby has eating area for continental breakfast.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Not bad for the money"
Only stayed one night. The bed was comfortable. The television in the room was really disappointing. Old and very small. Gotta love the orange walls on the first floor hallway.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Sean
"Travelodge Mammath Lake, CA"
This is a really old, dated hotel. The hallways and rooms smell like Fabreeze
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
"Basic room, adequate...."
Adequate room, but extremely basic. Decor was awful, and everything in this hotel needs updating.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Nice hotel, cheapest one around and nice and cosy."
If you are into old school this place is for you. I personally love older eclectic styles and this place is amazing!
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
ella
"STAY AWAY .. STAY ELESWHERE"
Terrible customer service , unkempt messy appearance . She was rude , made assumptions about us and asked personal questions about our finances . They only provided 3 towels for 5 people, kept making excuses for not providing more. We asked more than once for an extra blanket for one of our young boys, who was cold,this never came.The blankets on the room had cigarette burn holes . We personally saw her open a cereal packet with her mouth/teeth to refill cereal container, she dropped plastic spoons on the floor and picked them up and reused them. There was hair on the utensils , with only three tables available for breakfast in the foyer of the building.Stay away and book anywhere else . I have done a lot of travel in the last 5 years , this has been the worst/dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. My family and I will NEVER stay at Travelodge in Mammoth lakes again .
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
J
"Worth spending $50 more a night to stay elsewhere"
The staff here was very helpful, however the facility itself was lacking. The coffee maker was not clean and un useable. There was no hot water in the shower just barely above cold water. The hot tub was broken which I wish I would have know about in advance because being a ski trip this was a necessity for me. Not bad for the price but far from ideal and was lacking in basic amenities.
2 night trip Nov 28, 2014
Zachary
MX
Nice room & quiet. Suited our needs perfectly. The people who owned the place were very nice as well.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Gregory

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Hotel agréable un peu excentré du centre ville. La salle de petit déjeuner est toute petite (hall accueil).
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
FR
"Ikke penge værd"
Hotellet ser fint ud udefra, men er utrolig nedslidt indvendigt. På det værelse jeg havde i to nætter, var den ene stol sat samme med plaster og sengen var forstærket med en jernramme, da den ene madras havde brækket to af benene. Opholdsrummet og spa'en var øde hele tiden, men så også utrolig slidt og beskidt ud. Det er ikke dyrt hotel, men jeg vil heller betale lidt mere en anden gang, for det var ikke pengene værd.
2 night trip Oct 9, 2015
Peter Løw
"Nice budget motel"
Nice budget motel, could have been more clean. Very helpful in the reception
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
DK
Vi var her for en enkelt overnatning, og til dette var det meget fint. Den gratis morgenmad er bestemt et plus.
1 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
Karina
DK
"dépaysement total - tranquillité - repos - typique"
agréable séjour à Mammoth Lake - la ville est très agréable, très typique américain. Nous avons été mangé le soir dans un bowling tout près, super, très bon accueil, très bon et de plus nous avons eu la bière à 2 dollars au lieu de 3. Musique country, ambiance très chaleureuse. Le lendemain matin nous sommes partis visiter le parc national de Mammoth Lake... découvrir la chute d'eau... superbes paysages. A faire absolument.
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
véronique
BE
"Super fint"
Mit ophold var godt, god service, god morgenmad. Alt i alt godt!
1 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
Marcel
"Transit ophold"
Meget sparsom morgenmad, selv om man ikke kan forvente så meget til prisen, ellers alt i alt et hyggeligt sted.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2015
Søren
"Really bad service.."
We had a great trip until we arrived at this motel. Check in went without any problem but when we during the night discovered there where bedbugs in one of the two rooms we had, we wanted a refund of that room as our kids stayed in one room and I went to sleep in the car. Hotel Management called us all kind of bad things so we left the place with a really bad impression. I am never going back there and cannot recommend anyone else to use it, with the attitude of the Hotel Management.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Henrik
DK
"Situado en un pueblo de bellos alrededores."
Ni idea de español en recepción y el espacio para el desayuno minúsculo
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
maria carmen
ES
"Familie på 5 på Travelodge Mammoth Lakes"
Et ok hotel I et fantastisk naturområde med gode spisesteder I gåafstand.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
jens
"Recommend"
It is very good lodge and I feel the comfortable. The room is very clean. I recommend this lodge to visit the Mammoth lakes. It is near the shopping center and main street. It is good location.
1 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2015