All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
1565 Broadway, San Francisco, CA, 94109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Bad internet service
    Poor vibe
    Bad breakfast
    Bad amenities
"Free Parking! Great place"
Great experience. Front desk gave us a map of San Francisco and showed us some good places to go. She even showed us the part of town to avoid at night. We were able to check in before 10am since our room was ready and we were able to park our car. Would stay there again without thinking twice.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Derek
"Walking distance to the Piers"
Everything was Fabulous stay was perfect even for the cost Staff couldn't have been better, walking distance to the piers, Lombard Street
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Beverlt
"For the cost of the night, I expected better"
The hotel was nice; however, for the price I would have liked a bit more of the commodities in other hotels. There were no white linens which immediately made me think it was unclean. I would not stay here again, if I'm low on funds I will have to stay on the streets.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
"Comfortable for the price. Good Staff."
Only stayed overnight. The staff was pleasant. I was grateful that it was not too cold outside, because there were huge gaps around the door to the outside.
1 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
"Good hotel"
This is a simple room with few frills, but they have free parking and are in a safe neighborhood! If you are bringing you car to SF this is a good affordable option! They have a mini fridge in each room.
2 night business trip May 14, 2015
Ceri
"Nice hotel,convenient location and a great manager"
The manager of the hotel was extremely helpful and courteous.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Kathie
Convenient location for the right price! Free parking with many food options nearby.
Other trip May 23, 2015
"Free parking is the best feature of the hotel."
Rooms are very dated. Toilet did not work properly.
Other trip May 16, 2015
"I prefer to sat at Roach Motel"
This is a dumpster. Very run down and dirty. This place is a joke for the price. I would never go back to this hotel. I can’t believe people gave this hotel such ratings. I’ve been to San Francisco many times and this was my worst experience.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Siamak
"Our overnight stay"
It was pleasant. Bed was comfortable. Hold your ears when you go to the garage for your car, though, as alarm screamed at top level of noise every time we entered, whether walking or driving.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Monte
A great stay for the price. If you need a car, the free parking is a must. Rooms are adequate but clean. Will stay there again.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"We could look past the negatives"
We changed rooms because our first location was right next to the elevator, even though there were vacancies. Our next room was on the floor below. They are gradually upgrading the rooms starting on this floor. Ours was newly and tastefully painted, carpeted and tiled, with modern European style furniture. However it probably wasn't ready for occupancy. It was cold and rainy!! The heater/ac would not work. It kept tripping the circuit breaker. However after the second or third time it tripped, the person working the desk ran out to the store and bought a plug in heater for us (it was probably 7:00 PM!). Very thoughtful and did the job! Thank You. There were several other things that once addressed will improve this motel. Coffee maker was located above microwave on a shelf, so very difficult to open and fill with water - kept hitting shelf above and not worth effort - nasty tasting coffee in polystyrene cups. Nice new closet - but hangers had been over looked. Very cramped bathtub/shower - toilet area. (we are not large people - and it was very tight) - no room for a toilet paper dispenser.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Jill
"Staff was great. Location grear"
Staff was very helpful. WLking distance to Chinatown and fishermans wharf ghiradelli square and pier 39 if you are able to walk a couple of miles one way. Great food within 2 blocks and was quiet at night
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
sharon
"Castle Inn - SF"
Good for one night, but not much more. Stained sheets were a real downer. Hold your breath when entering the garage unless you want the second-hand smoke from all the ganja.
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
"Centrally located, and very convenient."
The rooms were quiet and clean. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Angie
"Pleasant stay"
Great location, friendly staff, free parking. This is not a five star hotel but the front desk staff and location make up for. We had a very pleasant stay.
3 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
Yaquelyn
"very good"
great
2 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
SERGIO E.
"Conveniently located hotel..."
Hotel was very conveniently located. Free parking and friendly staff. Room was very very basic.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Martine
"We could not even check in."
When we arrived at Castle Inn at about 11:30 pm (we're told that the room was guaranteed for a late check in), there was a sign says "Sorry to miss you, we're back at 7am tomorrow"! There was nobody in the office and after we contacted Expedia, the hotel management told Expedia that they were there, which was a total lie! We took some photos of the empty office as proofs. Now they are refusing to give us a refund. Never experienced something awful like this before! Please don't go there!!!
kate
"Upgraded hotel with free parking"
Had a quick two day stay with the kids. Easy walking distance to China Town. Plenty of places to eat and Starbuck's nearby. Free parking, which is rare in the city. Room smelled brand new as it was just re-done. Breakfast is free, but minimal. Oatmeal, fruit, granola bars, and yogurt. 2nd day, there was no yogurt or fruit. However , if you need more, you can find it nearby. Seemed like a safe neighborhood.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Nice location, you can walk to wharf, chinatown. The bridge is far but it s possible...take bus, cable train. perfect car parK. Rooms are not in front so it s quiet. But I confirm, the breakfast is poor...
j.l
"Good Budget Option"
This hotel is in a great location, just around the corner from a bus stop on Van Ness. Using the Google Maps app, we knew which bus to get on to go to Fisherman's Wharfor Union Square. We also walked to the wharf a couple of times and it was very pleasant (and downhill). Another plus was the free parking. A couple of things in the room broke, but they were fixed right away. The room was clean and quiet. We were on the 3rd floor, away from the street and the elevator. (I think it was 326). There was a security buzzer that went off every time we took the elevator to the parking level or entered the garage, but I'm sure it was for security purposes. The other inconvenience is that the front desk closes at 11, so when we called and said we would be arriving late, the front desk person said he would leave our key outside, which was a little upsetting because at that point, we didn't know what kind of place to expect. However, when we finally did get there, after 11:30, he was there after all and checked us in. In summary, if you are on a budget and don't mind a few annoyances, I recommend the Castle Inn. As I mentioned, the location and free parking are fabulous.
3 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2015
"Castle Inn stay"
It was my 30th birthday and I wanted to get away to the City with a few of my friends. I found Castle Inn on hotels.com and booked it. My friends and I were able to park our vehicle at the hotel (for free), and walk/bus around the city. It is in a prime location just mins away from all of the sights we wanted to go to. The bed was comfortable. The Shower/bathroom was big enough. They have a fridge/freezer, microwave, and TV in the room. Lots of lighting. Complementary cups, soap, shampoo, and coffee. We didn't wake up in time for the breakfast. Every time we walked up to the hotel the buzzer went off or it beeped (slightly annoying). The only thing I had a problem with with this hotel was that I brought up to the front desk clerk that their elevator license was expired for over a year now; he rebutted saying that "oh that is up to date, we have the paper work, we just haven't put it in there yet." This concerns me since OSHA has strict standards on elevators in California. I hope they put the correct up to date paper work in there as soon as possible, that elevator is flippin scary to be in. Over all, nice experience since we were really only there to sleep and rest.
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
"Great hotel!"
Excellent location. Within walking distance of tourist attractions, shops and restaurants. I was travelling with my young daughters and felt safe. Staff was very helpful and friendly.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Romana
"Awesome location"
Friendly staff and super clean. Helped us find everything.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
noah
"Nice location"
Great location. Friendly staff. Free parking as promised. Very outdated rooms but clean. Has elevator. A bit expensive for a motel but location beats it. 10 min walk to the wharf.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
illya
"Nice stay in SF"
Great location - walking distance to most attractions. Friendly staff and OK breakfast.
2 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
"Reasonably priced hotel"
Reasonably priced hotel in a good neighborhood. It is an older hotel, but it was clean and safe. The staff working when I was present was very nice and helpful. The only issue I had was that we were checking in late and when I called the night before they said their "lobby" closes at 11. This was a problem as my flight didn't land until 11. The gentleman that I talked to said that it was posted on the site; however, I booked through Expedia and never saw this posted. After some going back and forth with the gentleman he agreed to leave our key.
Amber
"Perfect location!"
First, the location of this hotel was absolutely perfect! We were a 15 minute walk to the wharf, we could walk to China Town and to the Coit Tower. We bought a 2 day big bus pass and there were 2 stops very close as well. Starbucks was 2 blocks away as was a Wallgreens, bars and restaurants were within a block... everything you could possibly need/want was close. The hotel staff was super helpful and gave us a great discounted price for the 2 day bus pass. The only thing that wasn't comfortable for us was a very squishy bed. It was not firm enough for back issues.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"Satisfied"
Great location. Not too far of a walk from the Wharf, great places to eat, and drink. The buzzer at the downstairs garage was a little annoying while waiting for the elevator.
2 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
oscar
This is a good hotel with comfortable king bed and nice shower. Good enough to spend the night in San Francisco with an affordable price.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Great location with a friendly staff."
We were guests at the hotel for two weeks,we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The location was excellent ,we were able to walk to Fishermans Wharf , Chinatown and North Beach and always felt safe.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
mike
Nothing special about the place but not a bad place to stay for the money & location.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Great place to stay - free parking -- not fancy"
staff was very helpful and kind Long walk to Fisherman's wharf, but if you like walking, no problem. Bargain price for SF Will definitely stay there again
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
"The hotel was in a pretty good location."
The hotel is centrally located. Walking and cab rides to most places. It's an older Hotel but offered what we needed. The hotel staff were really nice and accommodating. Park was tricky but it's San Francisco so that was expected.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Teresa
"No-frills motel"
The Castle Inn was nice. It's in a great location near restaurants and shopping. It is somewhat outdated, and has a very old-school elevator. The beds are old and not very comfortable. However, the room we stayed in was spacious and clean. Overall, I'd recommend staying here if you will not be spending too much time in the room (or won't be staying too long). If you're staying longer than a night or two, I'd recommend splurging on something a bit newer.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
"Clean, Convenient, Friendly Staff"
The room was clean, and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Maria
"Good stay good price"
Had to book last minute, they were pleasant & helpful. Parking can be a booger if they are full, but great location, keep car parked & walk or catch bus.
3 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
"Great location, great price"
We were visiting sf along with our one year old kid. The people at front desk were super helpful in terms of showing us the best places to visit and even helped us with a problem we had with our luggage
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Maria G
"will stay again"
Great price for this location. Only complaint was inability to use Wi-Fi in our room as it was too slow.
4 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
Doreen
"Nice inn centrally located"
Easy to get to, great parking spaces, friendly personnel, helpful in discovering the city and giving directions.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Giacomo
"Great Location and Helpful Staff"
Spent a long weekend in San Francisco with my 10-year old daughter. We used public transportation throughout our stay starting with the BART from the airport to Powell/Market, then the 27 bus to the hotel. My daughter loved the old-fashioned elevator that took us to our room. The room with the Queen-size bed was clean and perfect size for the two of us. I usually bring slippers to any hotel because I don't like my feet stepping on "public" carpets. Each hotel room is accessed from the outside hallway/gallery which made for somewhat of a noisy night because of street traffic. Hotel staff was very helpful giving us maps and telling us where to go and what areas to stay away from. There are several breakfast places and restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. We never felt unsafe in the area. I would stay at Castle Inn again and recommend it to my friends and family
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Donatella
"Not bad"
Very basic but comfy noise of traffic continuous though. Weird breakfast supplied in office but Adequate.
1 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
"friendly, helpful staff"
Only stayed one night. Chose this hotel for it's location and price. Was all that we expected. Breakfast was a nice surprise.....oatmeal, apples, yogurt, trail mix bars, orange juice, hot chocolate and tea, pre-packaged pastries. Although there was not an eating area, there were trays to allow food and drink to be taken back to the room. Although the parking was free, space was very tight, but was sufficient. Would definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
"The reviews were right!"
My friend and I stayed at Castle Inn this past weekend. The location was great! The room was a bit small from other places I have stayed in but it was perfect for us since we were hardly in our room anyways the price was not bad either compared to other places I had searched. The building does look a bit old and has a few wear and tears but it was very clean. The agent was super friendly and was able to check us in early. She even gave us a map of the city, which locations to go to and which locations we should avoid (at least at night time). She went beyond what I expected. The place isn't open 24/7, which for me that's different since we live in a city where everything is open 24/7 so I wasn't able to check out with an agent and had to wait to speak with someone just to make sure we were checked out. But besides that everything was great! I checked the reviews before booking our trip and the reviews didn't lie about this small but pleasant hotel. Would definitely consider staying here again and would recommend it to anyone else.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Analia
"good place to stay"
The price was good and the staff was friendly. The room was clean.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"Castle inn review"
It was wonderful. Really friendly people
4 night family trip Jan 29, 2015
Anna
"Nice Hotel."
Nice room. Had a bit of a smell. Needs a remodel though. Room was clean. Good value as we also parked our car there. It was in a great location where we could walk to Fisherman's Wharf, Crooked part of Lombard Street and Little Italy.
1 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
"Hotel close to everything, numerous restaurants ,"
Walked to Chinatown Fishman's wharf Little Italy theater numerous restaurants
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Very Basic accommodation"
This hotel is conveniently placed on a bus line and not far from the usual venues tourists want to visit, However it lacked a some of the usual attributes of a hotel. Computer access was nonexistent. there was no breakfast other than prepackaged bake goods and an urn of coffee which was not available until 0730 each morning. The bath area was very small and poorly laid out. and the mattress in my room was very tired and needed to be replaced, However the room and bath were very clean although the usual supply of toiletry items very limited to some shampoo and miniscule cakes of soap.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015