All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America

2.9
    2.7
    2.5
"Ho-hum hotel"
Hotel parking cost additional $25 per day. Also if you want to use safe in room, cost was $3 per day for a key to the safe. Rooms were in dire need of updating.
3 night romance trip Jan 27, 2016
Very good!
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2015
JAIME JR
"to close no comfort"
I even left one day early due to how unfomfortable I felt there with my children and wife. If i new of bar down stairs and how often police was called never would I have bought my family there. And to top it off i never got reimbursed for checking out a day early. First and last time I go to this hotel.
7 night family trip Sep 8, 2015
elisha
"Staying at the hotel"
Hotel wasn't that good staff wasn't helpful with our stay. The room wasn't up to date and it look like the bed wasn't change for a while. Good location but hotel wasn't that good.
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
"Cheap but..."
NOT okay with shower, phone, wifi.... But the staffs were nice!
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
しん
"Parking expensive"
The stay was nice just the parking was expensive.
1 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2015
Nancy Rose
"You get what you pay for."
Expect the housekeepers to walk in at 8am every morning without notice. The carpet is disgusting, and the bed isn't comfortable.
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
"hospitable hotel"
although it is not a top notch hotel compared to the upper scale hotels like Marriott or Hilton, the amenities were considered average but acceptable except for the excessive charge for the daily parking. The hotel provided a crime free atmosphere and courteous service.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Pacifico
"Inexpensive choice"
Not too bad for the price but it is co-located in a condo and the conditions are not that great
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Jesus
"Terrible room , terrible services"
We got to hotel around 10.00 p.m. Person on front desk was very rood. We had chance to get food for dinner and next day breakfast from closest ABC store. But when we try to use icebox we foundout that it not working. We call front desk ans same lady who help us for check-in com to our room and told us that she will leave note that next day someone will come and fix it. Next day noon they change the ice box (but they could do it same time when we call them). Until next day all our food spoiled. We try to speak with hotel management but no way we could find him.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
Armineh
"Staffs need more customer service skills"
One of the staffs there has some interpersonal service skill issues. She doesn't smile or greet guests as they come in or check-in. She had me stand and waited more than 10 minutes while she does her own things in the back. Even when she saw me standing there she didn't say anything. She never greeted me or even say Hi when I check in. She is rude and unmotivated worker for the hotel. I would not book my stay here again on my next trip.
Other trip Sep 11, 2015
Nice hotel 0.5 miles away from the beach. Stores across the street. Cars mopeds Rentals below the lobby. Great staff. Great window view.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Very adequate..friendly staff and security"
Good security, great front desk ataff always willing to give you advise about the area..the one desk clerk Cilff was especially helpful and accommodating to all the guests he was a great person!!
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
"Ok"
Awful no parking. You have to $25 for a 24hr parking. It sucks when you stayed for a week. Room has bed bugs. I got bit by bed bugs. Housekeeper came in the room and want me to show her the bug. Good thing I kill the bug and put on a kleenex. The next time I got bit..I took a pictures of the bugs I kill. I will never stay or recommended to anyone.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
Polygirl
"thin walls, no wifi, no lobby"
if you want wifi, you have to rent a modem router or go down to the lobby, which is just a row of chairs facing the check in counter. Beds are worn out. Strong but dusty AC. parking is 25$ a day. there was strong smell of smoke in the lobby for a non smoking room. Walls are so thin, you cam hear neighbor's tv at 1am. Beds are flat, i can feel the springs. the beds also make squeaky noises when you move. Pretty sure neighbors can hear us. Overall, this is a pretty ghetto hotel. Worse than a motel. There is a ghetto bar & club downstairs that open till 6am. Always see police cars park in front of the hotel's club.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
The service was bad
6 night trip Aug 16, 2015
vaa
"Too far for the heat"
Couldn't park til I was checked in. Finally got a room early and able to park. Hotel Website said parking was $20/day but it was $25/day. Some from desks were friendlier than others. Room smelled like smoke even though it was non smoking. Libby and Hallways are not air conditioned but rims were nice and cold constantly. I ended up in Waikiki often and the walk during the hot humid season was dreadful. I'd pay more to stay closer and have more amenities. It's like flying a cheap airline. You get the necessities but everything else costs. Bar in hotel was the saving grace.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
The location was convenient. Not a super clean, top of the line hotel but it is a place to sleep. The air conditioner in the room was soooo loud! It was hard to sleep with that noise. One day, the housekeeper cleaned only one bed and not the other one. I found that odd. Overall, not so bad but they could do better. No internet in the rooms.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"Discount"
I got this hotel at the last minute for a 1 night stay in between vacating my apartment and flying to move to the mainland. It's not the nicest by any stretch, but the gentleman at the front desk was very kind to me and I had a bed to sleep in. The paint is peeling a bit and there is no wifi in the rooms, but I had a lovely view of the Ala Wai Canal to eat my breakfast in front of.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
Steph
"HORRIBLE"
Dirty unmaintained rooms. We had 3 people booked in room. Set up for two only. Had to ask for more towels daily. Had to actually sign for another towel for our third person!!!! At the front desk! The shelf above place where you hang clothes had an inch or black dirt on it! Mold in shower stall. sink cracked and broken. Hallways smelled horrible. After dark you are in gangster land! Staff rude! . Sheet rock broken, Windows cracked and broken. Carpet worn out!
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Close to beach but not very clean"
Location is great, a lot of smokers and drunk people hanging out around the front. Downstairs bar is very similar. Not a great family place.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Rich
"NEEDS NEW CARPET"
THE ROOM IS OK BUT THE BATHROOM NEEDS FIXING. SHOWER IS TOO SLOW AND MOLDS ON THE CEILING PLUS MOLDS NOTED IN THE CARPET NEAR THE WASHROOM. NEEDS NEW CARPET
7 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"Home to the homeless"
This was by far the worst hotek I ever stayed in. It was pretty much equivalent to a Hostel only there were no students. Just homeless and dirty people.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Antonio
"Good for a bargain"
Stayed on the 17th floor. Staff was helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the short walk to Waikiki from the hotel. Great location for necessities. Not the fanciest, but was perfect for me, traveling alone with multiple activities during my stay.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
Bambi
"Hotel needs a makeover"
Visiting family on this trip, when we got to the desk nobody was there. After checking in and got on the elevator which was hot, we made it to our very small room. The carpet was stained and discolored it was at one time a dark green but has since lightened to a lime green. The bathroom was small and the shower difficult to turn on. We rented a car for the stay and had to pay $25.00 a day. Don't think I will book at the Hawaiian Monanarch again!
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"Bed bugs, all bit up. headboards fell on us."
Woke up with bug bites and while we where sleeping the headboard came off the wall and fell on us.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
desi K
"Terrible"
The bed was like a rock, rug was old, stained and very dirty. When I asked about ice they said no ice machines and if I wanted some, I needed to go buy it at a local store. Very disappointed
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Pass on this one"
Pool was nice, not heated, but nice. Laundry facilities were also nice. No signs anywhere. Just had to wonder to find both pool and laundry. No signs saying which elevators to use. Condos on one side, hotel on the other. I'm guessing it was beautiful in its hey day but is just old and musky now. SUPER thin walls; you'll hear waaAayyyyyy more than you want. Receptionist was flat rude every time we talked with her. It's within easy walking distance to lots of things. Shower was ridiculously short and dirty. I wished I would have paid the extra $20 a night for a decent hotel. And they charge $25 a night to park a vehicle.....cash only. Pass this one by!!!!
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
carrie
"1 day, 1 night stay"
1. There is no (free WiFi) in the rooms. ONLY in the lobby. 2. The shower was hard to work. 3. The bed wasn't firm (there is a dip) as an old mattress would. 4. Hole in the curtain. 5. Hotel room wasn't cleaned well. Saw a few items left behind from previous guest.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
"most helpful staff I ever came across"
hotel is not really too far from beach. Room I stayed in was 1 room with 2 bed for price I paid it was nice and comfortable. what I liked about this hotel the most was staffs they were really nice and friendly, answered all my questions with very nice manner with smile. they were all friendly. I wouldn't necessarily every staff on the front desk are nice, but ones I came across were very professional. their service is probably reason if I were to visit Hawaii again I'd stay in this hotel again.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"You get what you pay for"
My husband and I booked this trip last minute so we didn't select the nicest hotel/didn't do much research. The staff here were all very nice and helpful but the hotel itself was very old and run down. Our hotel room was terrible & had mold in it because every morning my husband and I would wake up with sore throats and stuffed up/feeling like crap. Then when we would leave the room to walk around downtown, we would start to feel better. I wouldn't suggest this hotel to anyone.
Other trip May 30, 2015
Kathleen
"Great View, Clean Room, Inexpensive"
Great view, clean room, excellent hotel employee, Clifford...the room provided all that we needed, not fancy...straight out of the 80's, but no problem for us...the price was right. We will stay there again.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Close to the beach! Staff were fantastic!"
Staff were amazing! Very helpful and knowledgable. Location is great! The room was gross, there was blood on the hanger line in the shower... Discusting... The bed was like sleeping on a sheet of ply wood but that's ok because the hotel was really cheap, everything was clean with the exception of the hanger line in the shower. The pool was great! Loved the hot tub, and overall experience was good. Would love to come back soon.
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Expectations Surpassed"
I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks. My stay was pleasant. I booked the hotel based on price, and considering it has over 20 floors, the possibility of a room with a view. I was not expecting luxury. I was expecting an older hotel with the basics: clean room with more than likely outdated furnishings, plentiful and consistent hot water, and a comfortable bed. I never heard any noise from the other rooms, and being located on the 18th floor, I got my view, which was incredible (the Ala Wai canal and the mountains to the east). Clifford, at the front desk, was wonderful....helpful, considerate, respectful, knowledgeable of the area, always friendly...I have never encountered a finer hotel employee, or for that matter, a finer person. All my expectations were met, and in some respects, surpassed.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"A much needed trip"
It was our first time in a hotel around Waikiki. We usually stay with families when we come to Honolulu. This time we decided to try staying at a hotel and we enjoyed our time there. Of course, we visited our families but it felt good coming back to sleep in the privacy of your own rented room. If we ever come back, I will definitely do the same, hopefully I don't have to pay for parking this time. Anyhow, we enjoyed it very much.
5 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
"Location is great but hotel needs major upgrades."
I probably would not be staying here again. Hotel is super old and outdated. Carpet needs to be changed. Bathroom toilet was literally crooked. Furniture was super old. Location was prime in the Waikiki area. Pool was ok. This is also a residential condo to a few weirdos who hang out in the front. The front desk stay, although very friendly, we're not very professional at all. A little too "aloha"!
Other trip May 11, 2015
Corena
"No hotel parking, $25 a day for close parking"
Only Cera in elevators can get to certain floors and the parking was non avaible. Paint was peeling from doors.
Other trip May 10, 2015
y
"On a budget hotel"
If you are looking for a basic hotel that is close to everything and not looking to pay a lot of money this is a good option. But don't expect updated rooms here. Everything is basic no high end anything. If you are okay with that this is a place for you.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Dori
"close to Waikiki beach, but so-so hotel"
No internet in the room. Only available around the lobby area. Bathroom and Shower need to be improved.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"If your a pothead, this is your hotel!"
The staff is not part of the poor ratings. They tried to help but the hotel shares with condo ownership. Weed smoke to gag a maggot as soon as get off elevator on room floor. Staff has no control over condo occupant. I don't care you smoke, just keep it in your own face!
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Carl
Hotel was dirty and old nothing like the pictures, staff was rude
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Veronica
"Never again ,it was my mistake ......."
Hawaiian Monarch was a disappointment ,the check in was good ,the room in bad need of being upgraded,and the fact that there are so many people who lives there and despite the no smoking residents were smoking at the front of the hotel .Just too much going on at this place with local residents and then visitors but i felt safe .One thing i had to check was they told me they one give one soap and one shampoo and conditioner that did not settled good with me so i got just what i asked for two of each .The front desk and housekeeping staffs were really nice and helpful.There is no Wifi in the rooms so you often saw people in the so call lobby with their phones and laptops ,not a good sight .So i had to purchased a router for 10 days in order to stay in my room with Wifi .This hotel don't offer a lot but despite that i enjoyed my vacation on the island ,i would not stay or recomment this hotel to anyone .
10 night trip Apr 5, 2015
Jerbean
"You get what you pay for."
Ok, if you have to just sleep. Not the best room or area.
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
Front desk personnel friendly and helpful. Room was clean. Rate was good.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Average. Room was cleaned daily. Bad traffick when driving to and out of hotel area. Leave early if catching a flight.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. For a 2 starts hotel, I think this is an excellent choice. Some in the hotel staff was not nice at all, but this was not the case for everyone. The bed had some dirty spots, which was not so pleasing. We loved that the hotel had grills, so we could cook our own food some nights. Also the rooms had microwave, coffee machine and a little fridge. Overall, very pleasantly surprised!
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Maria
"Depressing over priced lodging at edge of Waikiki"
This is mid 70s construction, a condominium with some hotel rooms. It is shabby and has the ambience of a single room occupancy hotel on Manhattan's West Side in the 70s or early 80s. The carpets are filthy, the mattress needs replacement, the bath tub was peeling and the tv didn't receive at least one basic channel. Far from beach. One bus route nearby but bus to Ala Moana is a bit far.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Good for the price!"
We didnt stay in our room much as we spent our trip exploring the island and on the beach, but overall it was an okay experience. After reviewing the prices for the nicer hotels, this hotel is what we needed for our budget.
5 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
"it was an OK stay"
They need WiFi in the whole building instead of just at the front desk. besides parking was twe nty bucks a day. other than that the stay itself was worth it. I had a great view from the 21st floor over the city and it was very close to everything in Honolulu.
7 night business trip Mar 9, 2015